PDA

View Full Version : BIG boots.

MidnightMike
30th April 2007, 21:53
It seems asthough I cant find any boots big enough, ive been to a few places trying some on (48's and 49's), and they still wont fit my big ass feet. :mellow:

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Im in a size 14 shoe btw. :shit:

You know what they say about guys with big feet.

They've got big shoes :msn-wink:

MidnightMike
1st May 2007, 14:00
Bump. (10 characters)

Cajun
1st May 2007, 14:17
got a fix for you mike,

Skytwr
1st May 2007, 15:55
I too had that problem, one of the only brands i found ok was SIDI, Most brands stop at 48, very few i looked at go to a 49. the other problem getting them wide enough.

have fun looking

Hitcher
1st May 2007, 16:36
Oxtar does boots for the fuller-footed fellow.

xwhatsit
1st May 2007, 17:03
Doesn't Quasi do custom sized boots? I recall a female biker asking that because she had strange feet or something.

MidnightMike
1st May 2007, 17:06
Ill have a look at the taupo trackday. :yes:

90s
1st May 2007, 17:43
My 44s are not that large, but are very wide so I find many bike boots too cramped and tight. I wear motorcross boots on the sportsbike - fox proformas. I reckon they are much stronger than road boots (although maybe not for track toe scraping antics), are very comfortable, can be worn over trousers and wet gear too and look like the dog's.

Just so happens that cycletreads is doing them for something like $400 as a sale at the moment and I think I saw some big sizes there. (or like me you could get a nearly go the trademe route ... )

Grantasaurus
1st May 2007, 18:15
Have you tried stylmartin boots? They go up to big bastard sizes and are a fairly wide fit. Motomail sells them, I should know haha

The_Dover
1st May 2007, 18:17
Have you thought about chopping some toes off you freak?

Grantasaurus
1st May 2007, 18:19
You could always try catching leprosy as an easier alternative.

See if the dover will swab himself to pass it on to you.

NotaGoth
1st May 2007, 20:27
Get some sort of idea as to what style you would like and go see a boot maker... Mum did with her boots..

bell
11th May 2007, 19:21
It seems asthough I cant find any boots big enough, ive been to a few places trying some on (48's and 49's), and they still wont fit my big ass feet. :mellow:

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Im in a size 14 shoe btw. :shit:

Another member of the "I wish I didn't have such huge bloody feet club"...

I generally take a 48 or 49, never had to buy a 50 yet. My mountaineering boots had to be custom made though. Almost $1000 for the pair. :gob:

I recently bought the Stylmartin "Stylsafe" in a 48. It seems to be a relatively wide fitting I think. I don't think they went to 49 though. They were just under 500 if I recall correctly. Maybe it was just over 500? Cheap protection for one of the most important bits of your body after your head I reckon.

Sidi's "Canyon" boot goes through to a 50 also. I did a heap of research on boots prior to buying the Stylmartins but......I deleted that folder not many weeks ago, otherwise I'd have had a 30+ links that may have been of use.

Also try the Aerostich/Rider Wearhouse site: http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Motorcycle-Boots-p-1-c-302.html

The Combat Touring and Combat Lites go up to 14 US and they even do a 13.5US. These are a boot custom made for them by Sidi.

If nothing else, order a copy of their catalog while you're there - if anyone has ever gone OTT with bling for bikes it's these guys. It's better than a copy of Kiwi Rider with its 78% advertising content each month.:innocent:

Best of luck with the search.

0arbreaka
3rd June 2007, 10:32
Try alpinestars smx4's they go up to size 50, you may have to order them in and they may cost you a bit but theyr good boots in my opinion, and probably worth it.

Baldyheed
7th June 2007, 05:42
Alright mate, not sure if you have found any boots yet, but thought that this link may help.

If you go to www.altberg.co.uk this firm make their own boots. They do one style, the Altberg Clubman Roadster, up to a UK size 14 in XW fitting. They quote 180 pounds, say 540 dollars, but they should take vat off.

Excellent company, have a pair of their boots that are still very comfy after 5 years.

Kwaka14
7th June 2007, 12:48
I also went to Stylmartins, 49 here also, but fit a 48 in the stylesafe

MotoGirl
7th June 2007, 12:59
I also went to Stylmartins, 49 here also, but fit a 48 in the stylesafe

Like I told you, you can get the Alpinestars SMX - they're big enough for your jumbo feet! :bleh:

avgas
7th June 2007, 13:05
Holy crap thats big feet.
I'm a 12......so you must be a fricken Clydesdayle

Baldyheed
8th June 2007, 06:24
You could always try the local shipyard as well, they will be able to knock you something up.

JeremyW
8th June 2007, 21:18
SIDI Jungle's go up to a 50 and they are wider than most of the other SIDI's.

MidnightMike
9th June 2007, 12:50
Thanks for all the help guys, I ended up going for size 50! SIDI's, theyre perfect. Just dont have toesliders, which gets me nervous about leaning too far, dont wanna scratch $400 boots :shit:

Heres a pic:

H00dz
13th September 2007, 00:01
hey there not sure if you still looking but I brought some RJAYS Boots from Motomail in auckland Im size 12-14 they fit great GOOD LUCK!!