PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with the enemy!

Dadpole
1st May 2007, 00:48
I have gone over to the other side. In my latest career change I have become a TAXI DRIVER..... So you now have another hazard in Masterton to watch out for. :yes:
Been at it for two weeks now, and seeing the late Saturday night drunks makes me glad I am past that age now.
Keep an eye out for me. I will be the driver who gives you a friendly wave as he runs you over.

Colapop
1st May 2007, 07:01
....and goes no more than 25 k's an hour down the middle of the road...

Grahameeboy
1st May 2007, 07:16
I actually find Taxi drivers okay here.

In London a black cab pulled across me from a taxi rank. I beeped my horn and he shouts out "you got brakes, use them".........

Lissa
1st May 2007, 11:12
I have gone over to the other side. In my latest career change I have become a TAXI DRIVER..... So you now have another hazard in Masterton to watch out for. :yes:
Been at it for two weeks now, and seeing the late Saturday night drunks makes me glad I am past that age now.
Keep an eye out for me. I will be the driver who gives you a friendly wave as he runs you over.

Oh boy! Yep i'll stay clear of all taxi's from now on I think!! :shutup:

gijoe1313
1st May 2007, 11:34
You mean to say you do a taxi service with a pillion on your bike? :scratch:

Sounds like the perfect way for commuters to beat the rush! :lol: I guess you charge them for how much time they save getting to work!

I know, I know, just taking hold of the wrong end of the stick sheesh! :doh:

placidfemme
1st May 2007, 12:03

lol bling awarded!

The Pastor
1st May 2007, 16:10
how does a taxi driver get payed? Whats the system?

Disco Dan
1st May 2007, 16:13
I actually find Taxi drivers okay here.

In London a black cab pulled across me from a taxi rank. I beeped my horn and he shouts out "you got brakes, use them".........

Whats your point?

Did your brakes not work? :shutup:

London is free for all. Just as many bikes pull out in front of taxis!

NighthawkNZ
1st May 2007, 16:51
You mean to say you do a taxi service with a pillion on your bike? :scratch:

thats what I thought... then I thought nah... side car, or trike... but that can't be right either :doh:

mstriumph
1st May 2007, 16:56
good luck with it!! [no sleeping on the job, though!!]

Ronin
1st May 2007, 19:36
....and goes no more than 25 k's an hour down the middle of the road...

His Taxi is a Honda?

Dadpole
1st May 2007, 22:49
Oh boy! Yep i'll stay clear of all taxi's from now on I think!! :shutup:

Very wise anywhere you live. At least one in Masterton is not out to kill you deliberately. Keep an eye out for a silver Commodore. :D

Lissa
1st May 2007, 22:57
Very wise anywhere you live. At least one in Masterton is not out to kill you deliberately. Keep an eye out for a silver Commodore. :D
Cool.. so you will be stationed at the toilets in masterton.. isnt that were all the taxis are?? :shutup: I dont stay out late on a saturday night, so no danger of me stumbling in front of your taxi Dadpole! Will give you a toot if I ride past on my bike though.

Dadpole
1st May 2007, 22:58
how does a taxi driver get payed? Whats the system?

Owner - driver like me gets to keep all the loot except for GST and various levies (paying for an operator for phones etc). After expenses (fuel etc) and the taxman has a slice I get to keep the rest.
How it will work out financially will take 5 weeks as I work through the various shifts. Right now, I am the all night car. We have to provide a 24/7 service though nobody in Masterton wants a taxi at 3.35 on a Wednesday morning.

PLEASE Someone call a taxi or I will have to be on KB until 6 am.

Lissa
1st May 2007, 23:01
PLEASE Someone call a taxi or I will have to be on KB until 6 am.

Can I call a taxi to go pick me up some milk?

Whynot
Whats your point?

Did your brakes not work? :shutup:

London is free for all. Just as many bikes pull out in front of taxis!

no, the bikes way outnumber the taxis ..... and the motorcycle couriers pull out in front of anything.

Dadpole
:devil2:
Cool.. so you will be stationed at the toilets in masterton...

Only do that on my days off.
The taxi stand is on the corner of Church and Queen (day) and opposite the Shell on Chaple St. Friday & Saturday night.

Dadpole
1st May 2007, 23:06
Can I call a taxi to go pick me up some milk?

Be bloody expensive milk then. Don't you know we fleece the punters. $3.00 to get in the car and $2.30 per km.

You can get your fish & chips from Kurapuni Takeaways and we deliver for $6.00. One of our drivers had to deliver to a house less than 200 metres from the shop.:gob:

The Pastor
1st May 2007, 23:26
Be bloody expensive milk then. Don't you know we fleece the punters. $3.00 to get in the car and $2.30 per km.

You can get your fish & chips from Kurapuni Takeaways and we deliver for $6.00. One of our drivers had to deliver to a house less than 200 metres from the shop.:gob:

fat basterds lol

Curious_AJ
1st May 2007, 23:30
I'll sleep with YOUR enemy in a second...

Lissa
2nd May 2007, 08:15

Must be a Mastertown thing.. lucky I was born in........... oops never mind!

Dadpole
2nd May 2007, 22:20
Must be a Mastertown thing.. lucky I was born in........... oops never mind!

Ekatahuna? :rofl:

Go on. Tell us. We promise not to laugh.