PDA

View Full Version : Police motorbikes rammed by van

Bob
1st September 2004, 23:43
Two police motorbikes were damaged after being rammed by a suspected stolen van in Surrey.
The white van was stopped by two officers operating an automatic number plate reader (APNR) on the A30 at Spelthorne.

The van driver rammed the two police motorbikes and made off. The vehicle was later found abandoned.

Neither of the officers were hurt in the incident and police are searching for the occupants of the van.

Chief Insp Andrew Adams said: "This was potentially a very dangerous incident and could have posed a threat to not only officers but members of the public by the actions of the driver.

If anyone has any information, please contact Surrey Police.

カワサキキド
1st September 2004, 23:47
Never mind the officers, were the bikes ok?

NordieBoy
2nd September 2004, 09:48
Yeah, what sort of bikes were they?

Mongoose
2nd September 2004, 10:50
Yeah, what sort of bikes were they?

C'mon guys, this is a serious thing

Now, see if you can be of help!!

カワサキキド
3rd September 2004, 01:02
As a preventative measure we will procced to destroy all cages.

NordieBoy
3rd September 2004, 13:54
C'mon guys, this is a serious thing

Now, see if you can be of help!!

Got the phone number?
I heard some guys skiting about it down the pub.

BTW where is Surrey?
Near Gore somewhere?

カワサキキド
4th September 2004, 01:13
Nahh...me thinks its in the North Island somewheres...

fritter
4th September 2004, 19:32
No sympathy from me. Not about the damaged bikes anyway. Wouldn't like to think any people (cops or otherwise) were hurt of course, but it's nice for them to get a taste of their own medicine. Of course it's our taxpayer money that'll fix it, but if it causes the police the slightest hassle, then I'm pleased.

My bike was run over (while parked legally) by a member of our fine police force (mistakes happen, I'd have no issues if they actually fixed it after causing the damage). That was november last year. I'm STILL waiting for them to repair it properly.

Mind you, the cops I've been dealing with (eventually) have been quite reasonable, but talk about being pissed around - you can bet if I'd hit one of their vehicles they'd have me fixing it faster than you can say "driving offence" :mad:

--- I see this was in surrey of course. Maybe the police there have a better way of dealing with their own fuckups, in which case, good luck to them :apint:

カワサキキド
5th September 2004, 02:28
They must of hit you pretty hard.....

fritter
5th September 2004, 13:55
lol :killingme

no that is a separate incident (and a different bike)