PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP live!

andy1
2nd September 2004, 02:45
Hey,
here`s the link for the race this weekend - ESTORIL.
(While event is in progress)

mms://a1063.l1048934829.c10489.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1063/10489/v0001/reflector:34829

Cut and paste, a new window should come up (windows media player)

Will start on Friday!! ALL of the event live! Friday - Sunday!

And just two more weeks and im in Motegi!!!!!
Im sleeping at the track on one night as the hotel was booked out! :wacko:
But i got three nights in a bed. Thankgoodness.

Oh, enjoy the race this weekend! :spudwave:

Hoon
2nd September 2004, 09:53
Sorry to step in but I saw on Silver bullet (http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/news.php?id=3150) saying the race will be live on Prime TV!!

"Silver-Bullet has just received this fabulously welcome and most unexpected advice from Prime TV.
You can/must show your appreciation by Emailing Andrea Bell - Prime TV: (abell@primetv.co.nz)

This Sunday at 11.45pm Prime features Live Coverage of round eleven of the Moto GP season. All the action from Estoril Portugal, as series leader Valentino Rossi of Yamaha defends his lead against Honda’s Sete Gibernau. "

A quick look at the PrimeTV site (http://www.primetv.co.nz/whatson.asp?dayID=14&num=3) confirms this!!

I'm gonna email Andrea and tell her how much she rocks and how badly Sky suck!! Hopefully if she gets enough emails we might be able to see the rest of the season too!

vifferman
2nd September 2004, 09:59
Sorry to step in but I saw on Silver bullet saying the race will be live on Prime TV!!!!
Excellent! Unfortunately, I won't be here. Mebbe I'll have to get it taped. Or - here's a thought - the hotel in Melbourne might have it on Sky or whatever equivalent the ConvictNation has! And that would be only 8:45 OzTime! Schweeeeeeet.....

Deano
2nd September 2004, 10:15
I just sent Andrea an e-mail praising Prime and took the opportunity to stick the boot into Sky as well. Looks like I'll be late to work this coming Monday morning.

merv
2nd September 2004, 10:18
Sorry to step in but I saw on Silver bullet (http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/news.php?id=3150) saying the race will be live on Prime TV!!

Fantastic.

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 10:29
Excellent! Unfortunately, I won't be here. Mebbe I'll have to get it taped. Or - here's a thought - the hotel in Melbourne might have it on Sky or whatever equivalent the ConvictNation has! And that would be only 8:45 OzTime! Schweeeeeeet.....
the "convict nation" show it live free-to-air!
and it will be 9.45 if you're in melbourne
:laugh:

And I emailed my thanks to Andrea too :blah:

TonyB
2nd September 2004, 10:40
Fantastic news. I just emailed Andrea to thank Prime. We need to flood these guys with emails to let them know there is a market for bike racing, otherwise they won't bother.

vifferman
2nd September 2004, 10:51
the "convict nation" show it live free-to-air!
and it will be 9.45 if you're in melbourne
:laugh:

EX-cellent! Must stock up on some Boags or summat on Sunday then. Hopefully there's nothing else planned for 9:45 on Sunday...:mellow:

Hoon
2nd September 2004, 11:23
I just got the following reply:

Thanks so much for your email. We have more coverage coming up, please keep an eye out on silverbullet.co.nz and primetv.co.nz for up-to-date information. Cheers

Andrea Bell
Programme Administrator
Prime Television NZ Ltd

Woohoo!!

k14
2nd September 2004, 11:26
Oh man, prime tv rocks. Shove it up sky's arses. I would say that prime tv's budget would be significantly lower than sky tv's. So how they get the money i don't know. But it sure makes sky look like a bunch of dickheads. I can't believe this, it is awesome.

merv
2nd September 2004, 12:26
Prime's owned by the convicts isn't it so perhaps they got some bulk buying going on.

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 12:31
Prime's owned by the convicts isn't it so perhaps they got some bulk buying going on.

Yeah..... :mad: i'm not a convict :mad:

merv
2nd September 2004, 12:33
See Bill's update on Silver Bullet http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/news.php?id=3151&PHPSESSID=c296a27386ab0001e955d1b058813ebc

We have Yamaha to thank too for sponsoring this - see what happens when their boy is winning.

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 12:41
That Rocks... late mondays for the next 18 months!

k14
2nd September 2004, 13:09
Hmm think they are behind the times with their press release there, unless they have reverted back to the 500's without telling anyone.

It says they are going to be showing the 125's and 250's aswell but I just looked on the sky guide and the only coverage it has is the GP from 2345 to 0130. Lets hope the 250's and 125's are on aswell then.

andy1
2nd September 2004, 15:50
Sounds awesome!! :eek: :eek:

You can watch the practise, and qualifing and the before race press conference from that link tho.

laterz

Deano
2nd September 2004, 15:58
Hmm think they are behind the times with their press release there, unless they have reverted back to the 500's without telling anyone.

It says they are going to be showing the 125's and 250's aswell but I just looked on the sky guide and the only coverage it has is the GP from 2345 to 0130. Lets hope the 250's and 125's are on aswell then.

The Prime guide says 11.45pm to 2.30am. Hope Sky one is wrong, wouldn't be surprised as they can't tell their motogp from their SBK's, and they are a pack of useless lying monopolistic bastards.

Eddieb
2nd September 2004, 16:37
Just sent my thanks as well, here's hoping she comes in tomorrow moring and finds her email box full of thanks to Prime.

Eddieb
2nd September 2004, 16:45
My email:

Hi Andrea

Just heard the news that Prime will be showing Live Coverage of round eleven of the Moto GP in Portugal.

This is great news and something the motorcycling community has been asking various other tv companies for a long time. Prime are obviously far more in tune with what their viewers want than supposedly bigger companies. Thanks to Prime and I understand Yamaha as well for bringing this to the starving masses.

We are all hoping that this is the beginning of something on-going and look forward to being able to watch the races live rather than very cut down highlights.

Andreas reply:

Hi Eddie

Many thanks for your email. Yes, we are lucky to be airing them live even if they are late at night. Please note Prime have also secured the rights to the 2005 season. I have been inundated with emails from very happy people all day - it's really nice. Happy watching!!

WooHooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :2thumbsup :ar15: SKY

F5 Dave
2nd September 2004, 16:59
Awesome!

We are at a wedding in Auckland Sunday night, we should have returned to the Hotel by then. Bec will be all mushy as her friend has just got married & she is spending a romantic night away in a swishy hotel (work special rate) & thinking of our impending marriage, :love2: so she will be all Primed up & in the mood. :hug:

. . . Just about as my cellphone reminder goes off & I reach for the remote. . .
:Oi:
Bet they have good reception in CBD. :2thumbsup

nicko
2nd September 2004, 17:04
My email and her reply - very good of her sending a reply to every email!
Make sure you tell her how good NZ road racing is and that we want to see that on air too!

Hi Nick

Thanks so much for your email. We have more coverage coming up, please keep an eye out on silverbullet.co.nz and primetv.co.nz for up-to-date information. I'll pass on the information about the New Zealand Nationals. Cheers

Andrea Bell
Programme Administrator
Prime Television NZ Ltd
Ph: 0064 9 414 0700
DDI: 0064 9 414 0743
Fax: 0064 9 414 0701
abell@primetv.co.nz

Hi Andrea,

Just heard the great news and big thanks to the team at Prime & Yamaha
for bringing us the Moto GP Live!

You guys rock!!! I'm sure by the number of emails you're getting you'll
see the popularity of Motorcycle Sport in New Zealand. Would be great if
you could get on board and televise the New Zealand Nationals this
summer....there is guaranteed to be some awesome racing that would be
sure to rate highly if given the right publicity.

Here's some dates for the New Zealand nationals...

http://www.mnz.co.nz/news2.aspx?SectionID=29&ArticleID=2298

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Nick

White trash
2nd September 2004, 17:04
I just had a horrible thought. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As Sky and Saturn both broadcast Prime on their networks, don't they now get the MotoGP by default?

This fucks me off no end and if I hadn't already cancelled Sky, I would be doing it now.

Fuckers! :mad:

gav
2nd September 2004, 19:10
Isnt there live World Superbikes from Assen this weekend? Does it clash with MotoGP? 9.55 - 12.30 then 1.25 - 2.30 ! Bugger

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 19:16
Isnt there live World Superbikes from Assen this weekend? Does it clash with MotoGP? 9.55 - 12.30 then 1.25 - 2.30 ! Bugger
But superbikes aint the same anymore... no troy bayliss etc....

go back to 500's, GP, 5 HUNdredsssssss

(Premium Dude, PREMIUMmmmm)

gav
2nd September 2004, 19:24
Sure MotoGP rocks, but WSBK is pretty good this year, hell, Honda may even win it again. Next year looks good too, Haga and Kevin Curtain are on R1 Yamahas, Alstare Corona are returning, Muggeridge and Vermuelen will be on Honda, Team PSG-1 are looking at switching to Kawasaki, but Chili may be on a Honda with the Renegade boys. Also rumour has Neil Hodgson and Troy Bayliss returning to WSBK, how about Shakey Bryne on the Aprilia in WSBK, Team Foggy are getting up to speed, KTM are looking at racing their 990 V twin, can't wait!! :eek5:
You all know Rossi is going to win MotoGP this year, but who is your money on for WSBK?

merv
2nd September 2004, 19:26
But superbikes aint the same anymore... no troy corser etc....

Watcha talkin about Troy's still there on the Foggy Petronas and they reckon they are going to kick butt at Assen as per this article http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Sep/040901a.htm as they have engine improvements this week - yeah right drink your Tui Troy.

Or were you meaning Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards not being there?

Blakamin
2nd September 2004, 19:32
Sure MotoGP rocks, but WSBK is pretty good this year, hell, Honda may even win it again. Next year looks good too, Haga and Kevin Curtain are on R1 Yamahas, Alstare Corona are returning, Muggeridge and Vermuelen will be on Honda, Team PSG-1 are looking at switching to Kawasaki, but Chili may be on a Honda with the Renegade boys. Also rumour has Neil Hodgson and Troy Bayliss returning to WSBK, how about Shakey Bryne on the Aprilia in WSBK, Team Foggy are getting up to speed, KTM are looking at racing their 990 V twin, can't wait!! :eek5:
You all know Rossi is going to win MotoGP this year, but who is your money on for WSBK?

I did mean bayliss....soz.... and i dont have sky...... :brick:

i didnt realise the superbikes were still going that strong.... i'm gunna cry now :cry:

gav
2nd September 2004, 20:15
Must admit I thought at the start of the season Laconi and Toseland would walk away with it, but hell, how many different winners have we had? Laconi, Toseland, Haga, Chili, Vermelin, McCoy (anymore?). The Pirellis while not helping lap times are fun to watch, the guys spin the bikes up so much, way more smoke than the MotoGP guys, esp Toseland :eek:

gav
3rd September 2004, 15:16
Hey Andy, what time on Friday? I get this message?
Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again

andy1
3rd September 2004, 16:11
In 4hours the 125cc practise will start (9:00am) Time now 5:00am
I have another link which ill put up later if the other doesnt work.

Laterz

fatchance996
3rd September 2004, 18:20
:niceone: BLOODY AWESOME PRIME