PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Track Day 6: 28 OCTOBER 2007

Pages : [1] 2

FROSTY
2nd May 2007, 19:29
THE GREAT KB TRACK DAY 6
TAUPO RACEWAY FULL TRACK

28 OCTOBER 2007

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe, fun environment.

I'M SORRY THERE WILL BE NO MORE PREPAY ENTRIES
3 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 3 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med, Fast. First session will include a novice group. Numbers per class will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

A 12 INCH SUBWAY SUB be able to be ordered at sign-on -- delivered at 12.30 ish. There will be a hot food wagon doing hot chips, etc, all day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals around the track.

AND -- Raceline options - AN EXPERIENCED RACER

For the novice, slow or medium guys n gals that are thinking about going racing or are currently racing & specifically want to know a race line around the circuit - I can offer to run around on it for two or three laps at a slow pace , Anyone interested will need to make yourself known to me in the Kiwi Biker pit garage. Groups of up to two or three at a time.
Look for my silver SV #17, or tap on Frosty's shoulder & he will point me out.
Cheers
Glen Williams

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
Plugz 4 Lugz attending TD6
The Crew at Plugs for lugs have done some major shuffling with my events and will be attending this track day from approx 9a.m until 2p.m, to make earplugs. (There's not enough of us to go around so I'm kinda hoping people will catch up with as originally planned for Nov 4th). Cheers Sue 027 659 1583

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUASIMOTO LEATHERS will be setting up right next to the KB sign-on bay -- they will have all their normal goodies-Leathers,boots,gloves back protectors etc. Definitely time to grab a bargain

The folks from Sportsbike will be there with a selection of tasty levers and blingee bits for your bike

ALL FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER

Payment details are below in the next post.

Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the four posts following.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!
PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE DAY IN POST 3
I can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
tfrost@xtra.co.nz

FROSTY
Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTANDING LIST

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NON REFUNDABLE
If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot -but there are always people who leave it till the last minute

PREPAID NOW CLOSED -VERY LIMITED ENTRY ON THE DAY

CONFIRMED ATTENDING --paid in full
affman
Alan Berry
andygraza.
ArcherWC
Barbender
BigG
Big dog
boomer
BRENDAN Kent
Bugjuiced
dangerous dan
dave o
Deano Ruell
DEATH INC
dodgy matt
DRACO
DUCKADDICT
enigma51
fynn grp 2
girlygirl
GIxser
Gremlin
Kornboy
wackyjohn
DEVIL
Keystone hanger onner
KEYSTONE
Fishb8nz
goblin
Lloyd Hollis
LITTLEMAN
Mikey27
MACCA178
ROAD RASH
kinger
El Dopa
bert is evil
leong
STREET HAWK
DamienK
wackyjohn
Kornholio
aud
daytony
TheStranger
Blair-sv
HDT boy
NIGEL H
Bakes100
u1ago
zxrider
madraiser
NinjaBoy
erik
1 R Gary
davehowie22
SHANE SHANE SHANE
nows-good
darkrider
unrealone
Vee max (or the mysterious bloke who donated money)
Montsta56
fast1200
MSTRS
paultz250
JKent
matblackts1
M DAVIES
Morks
MOMENTUM
MOTOCOORG
PYROCAM
robertydog
Sanx
Saul
SimJen
skid mark
STEELESTRING
Stify
Surfchick
two smoker
trumpy
WAYMOUTHS
white belt
whitetrash
Zapf
325rocket

Deposit paid balanceon the day
Brett
bennyblanc0 50
gixxxer 50.
DVS69 50
kwakkaman 50
mrs Kwakkaman 50
monty Burns
2 Wheel mad 50

Operations staff
Frosty
Madduck
Dougal
Jorja
codgyoldracer--HEAD TRAINING RIDER
GIXXER4 EVA -RECOVERY

MARSHALLS
cowboyz
YUNGTART
HXC
meeky mouse

CREDIT to TD7 DUE TO DATE CHANGE
AJTURBO
macca 178
REFUND DUE TO DATE CHANGE
crazy phrog
Lealand
Wayne Fury
DEATHSTAR

FROSTY
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Have a read below and it should cover it all off

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GET YA BIKE/GEAR UP TO SCRATCH

As a guideline a roadbike needs to be up to WOF standard and a racebike needs to be up to normal raceday sxcrutineering
READ BELOW for specifics that are NOT NEGOTIABLE

TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
.-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

FOOTPEGS AND HANDLEBARS MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends -THIS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES RUBBER HANDLEBAR GRIPS COVERING THE END OF THE BARS IT MUST BE SOLID
(PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

.Mirrors removed or taped up.-again No glass to fall on the track

No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/

GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine as are indicators

Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )

No sharp/edges/loose parts hanging down/sticking out from the bike this includes front fender and plastic fairing sides--If in doubt DUCT TAPE is your freind. .

Camera mounts are a specific area of concern.they are as a rule not allowed especially any tank mounted ones
basicly if it might impale you as you rotate forward in a crash or as you fly sideways in a highside then its a no go
The tank mount type are just plain deadly and it aint negotiable -but those bullet type that tape into the fairing are all good

Chain needs to be correctly tensioned

Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction)

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
No holes in contact areas
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

Personal conduct--
This SHOULD not need to be stated But .TRACKDAYS ARE ALCOHOL FREE ZONES -Noone under the influence of alchohol will be allowed on the track and NO alchohol to be consumed whilst the day is running.
After the day is over is fine
Riding in a blatently dangerous manner will not be tolerated.
You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence.
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.
I believe this applies to other track day organisers but It would be innapropriate to speak on their behalf
-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -Form back up on the dummy grid . ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) Waved Chequred flags at all flag points means end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding -ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the next session.
8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill the track closes for the day.-by riders or spectators.(anyone in your pit area drinking is your responsibility)
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event control and they MUST wear a fluro vest --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20)Sesssion flags will be displayed at track control -3 blasts on a foghorn are to tell you next session is up--the flags will be changed to the next session .

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding gear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier

FROSTY
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 1 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

FROSTY
2nd May 2007, 19:30
Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
Specificly during a KB track day.
Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as I have made VERY clear in the past
The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed test or a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

FROSTY
Food --Ill be organising a limited range of subway subs for those that want them to be ordered at sighn on
There will be a coffee vendor open all day
For a few hours in the middle of the day a hot chip/hot dog vendor will be open

FROSTY
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
I know that sounds a lot but
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage 10m x10m with fluro lighting.
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each
Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

Colapop
2nd May 2007, 19:33
IM MAKING A FEW CHANGES TO SMOOTH THINGS OUT FOR THIS TRACKDAY.
1)END OF EACH SESSION WILL HAVE A CHECKERED FLAG DISPLAYED AT ALL MARSHAL POINTS.

2)THE LOUD HAILER WILL BE ABANDONED FOR CHANGE OF SESSION BACK TO .3 BLASTS ON THE FOGHORN 2 MINUTES BEFORE SESSION START

3)LUNCH WONT BE UNTILL ALL GROUPS HAVE HAD AT LEAST 2 TRACK SESSIONS.

4)A TYRE DEPTH GAUGE WILL BE AT SCRUTINEERING -2.0MM ON THE CENTERLINE IS MINIMUM TREAD DEPTH FOR ROAD TYRES -
5)SESSION FLAGS WILL BE DISPLAYED CLEARLY HANGING OFF THE CONTROL BOX

this should smooth out a few of the issues from TD5

cowpoos
2nd May 2007, 23:02
whats the weather going to be like???

FROSTY
2nd May 2007, 23:51
fuckin beauteeful

placidfemme
3rd May 2007, 09:11
Yay, I'll be more organised for the next one then I have been for this one coming up :)

MD
5th May 2007, 19:11
The weather was good last Nov. for TTD4 so I will be in for this one again Frosty. Thanks again for orgying these events.
Bit early to start dropping deposits though.

slinky
8th May 2007, 00:17
Am going on holiday around that time, but i think il be in the country. so should be there! and il be alot more organised aswell!! :D
saturday morning was a bit of a rush considering that was the time i decided to have a think about prep.
And thanks again frosty for organising these days!

BigG
31st May 2007, 20:53
Transfered money on Monday you should have it by now.:yes:

MVnut
1st June 2007, 09:02
Maybe I make this one eh Frosty, last time was at Hockenheim on the 312R but obviously would rather have been at Frosty's TD5:scooter:

Disco Dan
3rd June 2007, 05:34
Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTANDING LIST

CONFIRMED ATTENDING --paid in full
dangerous dan
Little dog
colapop
gixxer4eva
trumpy
whitetrash

I gather thats me? :eek: :sweatdrop :spudwhat:

not 100% sure what bike I will have then thats all... would prefer to be on a familiar bike.

Worst case scenario Frosty, could I skip this one and go to the next one instead?

Will let you know before entries close though... :yes: Cheers !

DEATH_INC.
3rd June 2007, 06:54
Just like to reinforce some of the issues with bikes at scrutineering,
There were quite a few with weeping fork seals, some not bad, some almost bad enough to warrant failing.
Quite a few with loose footrests, c'mon guys, it's only a matter of tightening a bolt or two.
I think three with no back brakes (at least two anyhoo) :nono: , now this is a real safety issue, it's ok to say 'I never use it anyhoo' but I've been to a trackday where a guy's front brake lever actually fell off, so what are ya gonna do then huh? Shit does happen! At least with a rear brake you can scrub off a little speed before you spear the wall or one of your fellow kBers, or at least you have the option to lay it down. If you turn up with no rear you don't ride,simple.
No bitching, you have 6 months or so to get it all sorted :zzzz:

Rules of the day re bike CONDITION are CLEARLY SHOWN -IN POST 2
jUST AS A REMINDER
TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
.-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

Basicly dont blame us if ya dont get on the track.

kornboy
9th June 2007, 07:05
Payment transfered :)

crazy phrog
11th June 2007, 11:09
Payment made. Looking forward to my first one. Might even try to get my restricted license before I head over.:Punk:

FROSTY
12th June 2007, 10:16
Could all those that marshalled at TD5 please PM me--Im sorrry folks the ol memory is a bit er-not existant atm

car
21st June 2007, 14:52
Anyone taking a trailer or van up from Wellington to Taupo for this? Got space for a ZXR750 and a short fat bloke?

I'd rather not ride up, and I certainly don't want to find myself needing to ride back down with a mullered bike and a compound fracture to the femur...

Not that I'm at all fatalistic about these things.

;)

Happy to contribute to travel costs, obviously.

FROSTY
17th July 2007, 09:02
Ill update the confirmed atending list tonight for those that have paid in full

boomer
17th July 2007, 09:48
just put a ton in

FROSTY
2nd August 2007, 19:43
This day is still on

ajturbo
2nd August 2007, 19:54
This day is still on

friggen better be... there will be a couple of buells ( if it's fine) and a rg.. or a gt or a cb.. ......
and luke will be waving a flag!!!!
( hope he want be as dumb on the RT as cola or that AJ fella)

FROSTY
2nd August 2007, 20:07
friggen better be... there will be a couple of buells ( if it's fine) and a rg.. or a gt or a cb.. ......
and luke will be waving a flag!!!!
( hope he want be as dumb on the RT as cola or that AJ fella)
Havent you read the VERY fineprint -
no american v twins allowed

ajturbo
4th August 2007, 14:15
Havent you read the VERY fineprint -
no american v twins allowed
why?... not enough ear-muffs on hand?

Morcs
4th August 2007, 17:16
why?... not enough ear-muffs on hand?

there is a noise limit of 98db...

boomer
4th August 2007, 17:53

i'm coming in the slow group to give you the learn!

Morcs
5th August 2007, 10:29
Bring it :yes:

The Honduh will give the gixxer the learn ;) hehe

saul
5th August 2007, 12:25

+1 yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:love:

BarBender
5th August 2007, 13:03

Guess I'm moving to the slow group too.

pyrocam
7th August 2007, 18:16
cant wait.

SimJen
27th August 2007, 15:45

Is that right?
Mine is a little louder I think and noone said anything last time at KBTD5!
Frosty?

Morcs
27th August 2007, 16:55
Is that right?
Mine is a little louder I think and noone said anything last time at KBTD5!
Frosty?

Its probably A rule thats not enforced to heavily... I mean, whats the difference between fecking loud, and fecking loud?

Im in the Slow group too!!!! this will be funny. Ill pwn everyone on my super honda :D

McDuck
28th August 2007, 16:13
You fullas had better play nice, i am going (hopefully, have not payed money yet) and i will not be even rideing for about another month, so i will be rather lernerish... so be nice to me or i will................. bash you.....

SimJen
29th August 2007, 13:30
Just paid my $100 :)
Here's hoping for a nice day........

325rocket
29th August 2007, 19:26
hey guys
will this be suitable for learner riders on 250's?

SimJen
29th August 2007, 19:43
Yeah, its suitable for anyone who wants to learn another stage of their riding.
No more risky or scary than riding on the road. Go at your own pace, ask questions and enjoy.

325rocket
29th August 2007, 21:12
Yeah, its suitable for anyone who wants to learn another stage of their riding.
No more risky or scary than riding on the road. Go at your own pace, ask questions and enjoy.

cool thanks, paid my $100.

now i just hope it doesnt rain

dave o
1st September 2007, 11:52
my handle bars are solid ali, is guess thats ok and i dont need to put in any bar ends?

lealand
2nd September 2007, 16:00
There's guna be the Taranaki contingent there looking forward to it ;-)

Draco
2nd September 2007, 17:45
Count me in! Money transfered Frosty. :banana: Now fingers crossed my charge nurse gives me the day off....

FROSTY
3rd September 2007, 20:40
all good we are starting to get rolling with numbers here :clap:

Colapop
3rd September 2007, 20:45
I can go in the REALLY slow group, can't I?

Plugz 4 Lugz
4th September 2007, 05:45
..... as you do the laps??? Custom made earplugs will cut out the wind noise and the 'screamers' trying to catch you up. We'll be trackside on the day if you're wanting a quieter ride from that day on:) Sue (Plugz 4 Lugz)

wackyjohn
5th September 2007, 10:21
:done:Paid in full into your account on 5th of Sept thru online.

FROSTY
10th September 2007, 07:35
About now things fill up fast ==if you definitely wanna be here best ya extract didget

fishb8nz
10th September 2007, 20:11
Just txed my money.
Put me in the slow lane!

Big Dog
10th September 2007, 20:14
Just a wee reminder, you still owe me a day for the day I spent in the sun with Disco for you.
Not sure who is coming just yet but good odds it will be someone.

FROSTY
10th September 2007, 20:14
my handle bars are solid ali, is guess thats ok and i dont need to put in any bar ends?
If it was me I wouldn't gamble on the chance you MIGHT be ok --I'd check with someone that can clarify

FROSTY
10th September 2007, 20:16
Just a wee reminder, you still owe me a day for the day I spent in the sun with Disco for you.
Not sure who is coming just yet but good odds it will be someone.
read the confirmed attending list ya knong :laugh:

Big Dog
10th September 2007, 20:24
read the confirmed attending list ya knong :laugh:

That's me King Nong........

kinger
11th September 2007, 18:12
I'm still not showing on the confirmed list Frosty, would you be so good as to amend me on to it please.:Oi:
Cheers.

BigG
11th September 2007, 18:40
I hope I have another bike by the 6th otherwise someone can have my Ride.

El Dopa
11th September 2007, 20:22
If it was me I wouldn't gamble on the chance you MIGHT be ok --I'd check with someone that can clarify

I'm fairly keen to avoid a repeat of last time, so is there anyone who would be able to do a bike inspection the weekend before? Give me a chance to fix anything before the day.

Obviously the bike'd still need to pass on the day.

enigma51
11th September 2007, 20:24
About now things fill up fast ==if you definitely wanna be here best ya extract didget

Any idea yet what the weather is going to look like

FROSTY
11th September 2007, 20:29
Im happy to check over ANY auckland bikes between now and the day BUT they still get checked on the day
It really isn't rocket science mind you.

FROSTY
11th September 2007, 20:31
Any idea yet what the weather is going to look like
Whadevva the weather its gonna be great weather for having fun with 100 odd other bikers

dave o
11th September 2007, 20:56
Im happy to check over ANY auckland bikes between now and the day BUT they still get checked on the day
It really isn't rocket science mind you.

my bike is in bits at the moment, would i be able to bring my handle bar around and get you to have a look at it? and also my pants and jacket zip together, but the zip is only on the back, not the whole way around, does that matter?

Xile
11th September 2007, 22:31
Hey Tony,
Still some places for the slowest group?

...just time I'll find a bike and some money...:p

FROSTY
12th September 2007, 08:31
my bike is in bits at the moment, would i be able to bring my handle bar around and get you to have a look at it? and also my pants and jacket zip together, but the zip is only on the back, not the whole way around, does that matter?
Your bar end should have a weight screwed into it. but bring it by

Disco Dan
13th September 2007, 11:25
My first track day... and on the 1100cc beast... should be a laugh. :gob: :corn:

mogiman
13th September 2007, 16:21
but does it just have to be up to wof or does it have to have a wof

Colapop
13th September 2007, 18:42
I have a question or two... My bike is up and running and back on the road... What sort of wear am I going to take out of my tyres on a track day? (Bearing in mind I have not been on a track day before) How about brakes? Will I need to arrange new tyres and pads so I can get home? What is the risk that I might bin? I know these may seem like dumbarse questions but I don't know about track riding and stuff like that...

Col... it's all relative really... being a first time trackday rider you'll not have much wear on tyres and brakes I'd imagine... and as to chance of binning... well that's down to how much you can control your right hand.

hyobad
13th September 2007, 19:03
Operations staff
Frosty (the sucker)

how many riders per class, namely the slow group, you say numbers will be limited but no mention of it? im thinking of coming

FROSTY
13th September 2007, 20:53
but does it just have to be up to wof or does it have to have a wof
im gonna do a new thread on this very subject very soon

325rocket
13th September 2007, 21:45
and also my pants and jacket zip together, but the zip is only on the back, not the whole way around, does that matter?

same here, will this be a problem?

fishb8nz
14th September 2007, 06:04
Will there be anyone else apart from the KBs?
I'll remove my top box, tank box and mirrors for the track, so will my stuff be safe when I'm riding?

My insurance specifically declares "track days" as not covered. Is there any company that will insure me just for the day?

FROSTY
14th September 2007, 08:11
I'll remove my top box, tank box and mirrors for the track, so will my stuff be safe when I'm riding?

My insurance specifically declares "track days" as not covered. Is there any company that will insure me just for the day?
dude there will be about 150-180 people milling around but in allhonesty I have NEVER heard of gear being stolen froma kb track day
Except for that theiving sod that saw a bike with keys in it and hooned off onto the track on it ---um er I think I said thanks afterwards :2thumbsup

ajturbo
14th September 2007, 08:12

phone up dave from "kiwibike" insurance.. he may be able to help..

you shit should be safe, there will be lots of vans and stuff around to put ya crap in if you are worried/weather shite....

or better still ... pay mudboy to look after them... he's a cheep wee fella:niceone:

SimJen
14th September 2007, 08:19

Yep stuff will be safe, we seem to be an honest bunch...
As for insurance, if you're over 30 then Classic Cover will cover you no probs including track days.....cheapest around i've found.

SimJen
14th September 2007, 08:22
I have a question or two... My bike is up and running and back on the road... What sort of wear am I going to take out of my tyres on a track day? (Bearing in mind I have not been on a track day before) How about brakes? Will I need to arrange new tyres and pads so I can get home? What is the risk that I might bin? I know these may seem like dumbarse questions but I don't know about track riding and stuff like that...

Even if you go pretty hard, your tyres should be fine unless they're shagged to start with (but Frosty won't let you on the track if they are).
Just make sure its up to warrantable standard and you'll be fine.
The chance of binning is pretty low, as long as you know your limits of talent.

BIGBOSSMAN
14th September 2007, 09:54

Yup, Kiwibike are cool. No problems raping my '10 around both Taupo and Pukekohe during the recent open day. I'm doing my best to get down there for the trackday...

El Dopa
14th September 2007, 20:36

Phone Kiwibike and change your insurer if they won't cover you for the track.

No problems for me as long as I tell them a bit before and get it approved and on the file.

Big Chim
15th September 2007, 21:00
Hey Frosty Just put the hundo across.

Going to be there on the recently acquired SV650.

See ya all there

boomer
15th September 2007, 21:03
Even if you go pretty hard, your tyres should be fine unless they're shagged to start with (but Frosty won't let you on the track if they are).

ahahah i wonder how that fooker at Taupo snook on with the steel showing or maybe he was without Ohlins and teh infield took its toll?

Disco Dan
15th September 2007, 21:06
The weather was good last Nov. for TTD4 so I will be in for this one again Frosty. Thanks again for orgying these events.
Bit early to start dropping deposits though.

The Orgy is usually before and after the track day ;)

FROSTY
17th September 2007, 08:17
ahahah i wonder how that fooker at Taupo snook on with the steel showing or maybe he was without Ohlins and teh infield took its toll?
As with everything in life no system is perfect-- I'd hope that ALL riders have the inteligence to ensure their bikes are up to scratch before even fronting at scrutineering. In the same way as i'd hope NO rider would be stupid enough to front up to ride after a big night on the booze
In either case if caught there will be no riding

kinger
17th September 2007, 17:17
"Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTANDING LIST"

Frosty, I've PMd but still not on the list.
As you say, it's my responsibility to keep badgering you, so get me on it Bro, please.

boomer
17th September 2007, 23:19
As with everything in life no system is perfect-- I'd hope that ALL riders have the inteligence to ensure their bikes are up to scratch before even fronting at scrutineering. In the same way as i'd hope NO rider would be stupid enough to front up to ride after a big night on the booze
In either case if caught there will be no riding

what about looking where they're going :bleh:

bert_is_evil
19th September 2007, 10:00
Lealand 50.00 CR
wackyjohn
Draco
Keystone
Keystone
Keystone
Keystone
Keystone
KEYSTONE
Fishb8nz
C Nicholson

Looks like there's be 5 groups - slow, med/slow, med/fast, fast and Keystone....

Roll on payday, my deposit's on it's way

El Dopa
19th September 2007, 17:45
Looks like there's be 5 groups - slow, med/slow, med/fast, fast and Keystone....

Roll on payday, my deposit's on it's way

I'm seeing...uh...sextuple, too. Maybe they're all going to race each other - find out which one's fastest.

$100 transferred today, Frosty.

FROSTY
19th September 2007, 18:38
nope Keystone has put money where mouth is she has a group of people she's bringing along

bert_is_evil
20th September 2007, 11:57
nope Keystone has put money where mouth is she has a group of people she's bringing along

That's a shame, clones would have been much more conversation worthy.

Half my money is now where my mouth is (?) - should show in your account tomorrow Frosty :banana:

Disco Dan
22nd September 2007, 00:28
That's a shame, clones would have been much more conversation worthy.

Half my money is now where my mouth is (?) - should show in your account tomorrow Frosty :banana:

mmmmm clones.

lealand
23rd September 2007, 06:34
Hi Dude
Think you will find some gold in your account with Lealand on it ...all paid in full ;-)

Thanks

FROSTY
23rd September 2007, 18:17
half full folks--time to put up or shut up

fishb8nz
23rd September 2007, 20:44
I'll be riding from hammy (and back) but for a track day is there any different requirements needed for a track day?
Do I need different tyre presures? Well, there's nothing else I can do!

FROSTY
24th September 2007, 08:14
I'll be riding from hammy (and back) but for a track day is there any different requirements needed for a track day?
Do I need different tyre presures? Well, there's nothing else I can do!
Have a read of the bike setup for trackday thread

Street Hawk
24th September 2007, 08:57
mulla's in your account should see 'em in a couple of dayz thanks heaps frosty ill make it down this time ha ha

325rocket
24th September 2007, 19:28
am i the only 250 going to this?

ajturbo
24th September 2007, 20:04
am i the only 250 going to this?

it's ok... i'll have the GT125 out there to keep ya company...( or the way i rode on the weekend, the buell)

fishb8nz
25th September 2007, 08:18
Yes, read that Frosty and fully compliant. Took my RAV4 on a track day at Pukekohe and the instructor advised me to increase tyre pressure by another 5-6 psi. Do I need to increase my bike's pressure?

My mate's coming on a GN250. He loves it.

Pumba
25th September 2007, 12:25
Yes, read that Frosty and fully compliant. Took my RAV4 on a track day at Pukekohe and the instructor advised me to increase tyre pressure by another 5-6 psi. Do I need to increase my bike's pressure?

Increase? Last track day I droped my tyre presures by about 4 psi frount and rear, and that was about right on the money for me.

SimJen
25th September 2007, 12:39

Definately don't increase them. My K5's pressures are supposed to be about 38 front, 36 rear for road use (or higher).
Track I use around 32 Front and 30 rear.....I keep similar pressures on the road too (I like them similar to track pressure, just a little higher).
Bet the Rav 4 was shit on the track ;) did you fry the brakes?

codgyoleracer
25th September 2007, 12:45
Have a read of the bike setup for trackday thread

If anyone needs a hand with bike set up on the day, tyre pressures, the loan of a a few tools to do this , I am happy to asssit.
Glen Williams :bash:

wackyjohn
25th September 2007, 16:06
Hi Frosty, my bro is not a KB member, is he allow to join us on trackday?

fishb8nz
25th September 2007, 17:02
Definately don't increase them. My K5's pressures are supposed to be about 38 front, 36 rear for road use (or higher).
Track I use around 32 Front and 30 rear.....I keep similar pressures on the road too (I like them similar to track pressure, just a little higher).
Bet the Rav 4 was shit on the track ;) did you fry the brakes?

The full story is that I never intended to take my RAV on the track but the instructor wanted to take 4 passengers in a vehicle to show them the lines.

After the first lap he pulled in to put in the extra pressure in the tyres. He was pleasantly surprised at the handling of it but, you're right, the brakes wouldn't have coped with much more. I only did another 2 laps.

That's why I asked the question about increasing tyre pressure.

FROSTY
25th September 2007, 21:03
Hi Frosty, my bro is not a KB member, is he allow to join us on trackday?
money talks mate :clap:

boomer
25th September 2007, 21:07
If anyone needs a hand with bike set up on the day, tyre pressures, the loan of a a few tools to do this , I am happy to asssit.
Glen Williams :bash:

niice work Glen! can you be there early mate; we need to set up; bleed the brakes, swap the front pads, set up the suspension and gearing specifically for Taupo and then if you can make sure the pies are kept on medium and teh ketchups kept in the chilli bin. we should be sweet.

FROSTY
26th September 2007, 21:11
Time is running out--Half full now

kornboy
27th September 2007, 06:26
Ill be out on the 250 :D

ArcherWC
27th September 2007, 07:29
Ive paid my $$$$$ today Frosty, Cheers

codgyoleracer
27th September 2007, 16:24
niice work Glen! can you be there early mate; we need to set up; bleed the brakes, swap the front pads, set up the suspension and gearing specifically for Taupo and then if you can make sure the pies are kept on medium and teh ketchups kept in the chilli bin. we should be sweet.

No problems Boomer, I'll armour-all your tyres as well aye ?

Kornholio
27th September 2007, 16:55
Just chucked $50.00 into your acct now Frosty...youll see the rest in next week or so :D

You going to the fast group this time Boomer??? you have the machinery now........

BarBender
27th September 2007, 16:58
Frosty - I'm with Jills group.
R

Brett
27th September 2007, 17:02
Frosty - I will be in. Will put payment through ASAP.

boomer
27th September 2007, 17:48
No problems Boomer, I'll armour-all your tyres as well aye ?

u da man!!! form over function aye?!

Just chucked $50.00 into your acct now Frosty...youll see the rest in next week or so :D

You going to the fast group this time Boomer??? you have the machinery now........

i have the machinary.. just lackin the balls and skill ! i'll be in the slow group with you bro :D

Frosty - I'm with Jills group.
R

:wacko:

Cr1MiNaL
29th September 2007, 01:50
Ill be in 4 this one folks ... Ill b in the medium group

Devil
1st October 2007, 11:52
Ill be in 4 this one folks ... Ill b in the medium group

There's two medium groups.

Yeh Frosty, am with Jill's group too.

White trash
2nd October 2007, 16:16
Just had a call from Frosty guys, there's been a date change for the event. See here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1229586#post1229586) for details.

FROSTY
2nd October 2007, 17:28
Guys n gals all I can say is hold ya breth--Ive called senior management
at Tasupo rtaceway ---Im aware of the major conflict and inconvenience --Im trying my hardest to keep the date

HDTboy
2nd October 2007, 17:49
Frosty, I waved flags at TD5, but don't see my name on the list yet :(

Blair-SV
2nd October 2007, 19:51
Yes..my name's on the list...damn the date's changed...I think I can still make it though. It will be my first weekend back after spending two weeks flying around the states, I'll be dead on my feet by Monday.

keeping my eyes peeled.

FROSTY
3rd October 2007, 19:10
Im really sorry folks--the people at taupo track are adamant --either I take October 28 or no track day

ajturbo
3rd October 2007, 19:36
sorry frosty.. i cannot make it!!!!
fuck em!!... why am i not surprized?

FROSTY
3rd October 2007, 19:44
Im sorry guys n gals --if ya need to pull out PM me or call me
Ill give ya the option to pass it on to the next one or refund if you need to pull out

SimJen
4th October 2007, 06:58
Oh well, 28th October it is.....I'll still be there :)
Hopefully the weathers good!

Leong
4th October 2007, 07:32
This could be one expensive exercise for Frosty if we don't get the numbers for the 28th and if those who can't make it want refunds.

It's not his fault - so if those who can't make it don't ask for refunds it may make it easier on his cashflow (for now). Whats the numbers like Frosty? Should we all be trying to talk more non-KBers into coming on the 28th?

Disco Dan
4th October 2007, 12:35
Hey frosty, im still in for the new date.

Bit of a bugger though, as I only just saw the thread today!!!

Will have to change my annual leave etc.....

Right pain in the bum for everyone though ay!!!!

...what are the numbers looking like though??? Is there going to be enough people going to cover your costs???

Kornholio
4th October 2007, 15:40
Im still in :D

kinger
4th October 2007, 16:43
I'm still good for it mate.:banana:

325rocket
4th October 2007, 17:52
two motels a spa and loan van later ... still in.
and now only 3 1/2 weeks to wait

enigma51
4th October 2007, 18:13
Im still in and think boomer as well

If you need more people frosty I can put the word out to some non kiwibikers

FROSTY
4th October 2007, 20:45
Put the word out dude--

lealand
5th October 2007, 08:14
Yep I feel sorry for Frosty
I cannot beleve Taupo managment would do that they have no Idea what efforts dudes go to to get to these trackday ..Money ..Leave !!!

There were possibly 4 coming from Taranaki :oi-grr: but we work offshore and it just not like a normal job where you can change leave :crybaby:

B

It's not his fault - so if those who can't make it don't ask for refunds it may make it easier on his cashflow (for now). Whats the numbers like Frosty? Should we all be trying to talk more non-KBers into coming on the 28th?[/QUOTE]

enigma51
5th October 2007, 08:23
Put the word out dude--

Will do :niceone:

enigma51
5th October 2007, 12:42
Im still in :D

Sweeeeeet someone else thats slower than boomer :Pokey:

unrealone
5th October 2007, 13:19
Myself and 3 if not 4 others are keen. Confirm shortly.

Edit: Potentially a 5th ! Spoke with boss today to get Monday off for ride home, still unable to confirm for me yet >.<

bert_is_evil
5th October 2007, 14:08
I'm still in - just deposited my 2nd $50 Frosty

stify
5th October 2007, 14:49
girly and meself will be there,will deposit the funds tonight

Kornholio
5th October 2007, 15:05
girly and meself will be there,will deposit the funds tonight

Nice one Stu :D

FROSTY
5th October 2007, 20:35
awsome dudes:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 21:12
awsome dudes:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

Time to go shopping ay? :shifty:

FROSTY
5th October 2007, 21:24
shopping???

Cr1MiNaL
5th October 2007, 21:27
Sweeeeeet someone else thats slower than boomer :Pokey:

:spudwhat:

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 21:30
shopping???

With all this cash ya got now ;) mwuahaha, I will put the word out Frosty... try and get as many people as I can to come along.... :Punk:

...now do I go naked or orggy nob...... hmmmm

FROSTY
6th October 2007, 07:25
Not even something to joke about DAN
ALL WHO CAN'T ATTEND WHO HAVE PAID WILL EITHER GET A REFUND OR CAN CONCIDER IT PAYMENT IN FULL FOR TRACK DAY 7

TPOfarmer
6th October 2007, 10:26
Ive just joined and read through the forum ( Hi guys and gals) I live in Taupo, is the track day still set for Sunday 28th? Im keen just need some clafication on glass on bike.... Is duct tape ok on mirrors? I have an 1988 FZR 250 that im learning to road ride on. is anyone able to help me out there?

Thanks all

Xile
6th October 2007, 10:38
Ive just joined and read through the forum ( Hi guys and gals) I live in Taupo, is the track day still set for Sunday 28th? Im keen just need some clafication on glass on bike.... Is duct tape ok on mirrors? I have an 1988 FZR 250 that im learning to road ride on. is anyone able to help me out there?

Thanks all

Hi there,

Just pm Frosty if you need more details and have a look around the forum for the rules on the track...I'm not the most qualified to help you (not that a long time I'm on here) but people on here ae generously generous and helpful ;)

And, yeah, Welcome!!! lol
Cheers

Xile

kinger
6th October 2007, 17:42

Thanks all

Mate, if you can take 'em off, then do. Duct tape is a better plan for the speedo, stops you staring in curiosity. You want as few distractions as possible, and to ride to the course and engine/handling.
I can help you with the road riding now and again, but we've got rellies in at the minute. Once they're gone, I'm more than willing to join you for a run out, advice or a chat, whichever you prefer.
You must remeber that I'm a new plastic kiwi though, so some bits are still new to me (hence my recent ticketing.).

pyrocam
6th October 2007, 17:58
Whats the deal with backpacks? I have a new GPS unit that logs to a laptop that I was hoping to take to the track,

I was thinking of taking an old laptop in the backpack. wrap it up in plastic so if it hits the road it doesn't leave bits lying about etc.

If not I will mount a mini-pc under the seat or something

Plugz 4 Lugz
6th October 2007, 19:12
............ the change of date has created a huge hiccup for us to attend this event. However, are there any riders who have been trying to catch up for some custom made earplugs going to be in Taupo on the Saturday? I am more than happy to meet up with riders on my return from Manfeild (if the weather permits me to make that distance, otherwise I'll just attend a venue arranged in Taupo). Please let me know so I can arrange my schedule. (On the 28th I'll be in Tauranga). Cheers Sue 027 659 1583

lealand
7th October 2007, 07:55
Hi
Just download the track logs off the GPS after the ride ,,,,,can you do that there is some good freeware around
B

FROSTY
7th October 2007, 08:12
............ the change of date has created a huge hiccup for us to attend this event. However, are there any riders who have been trying to catch up for some custom made earplugs going to be in Taupo on the Saturday? I am more than happy to meet up with riders on my return from Manfeild (if the weather permits me to make that distance, otherwise I'll just attend a venue arranged in Taupo). Please let me know so I can arrange my schedule. (On the 28th I'll be in Tauranga). Cheers Sue 027 659 1583
Im sorry guys --the date change was forced on me by track management
As for a backpack with something hard in it ---you figure it all out

skidMark
8th October 2007, 10:06
well i'm keen , only technicality being me getting me and the bike there, currently disqualified,

if anybody had a spare spot in thier trailer...ute van...whatever for my zxr250 that would be great.

more than happy to chip in for gas....

i'm in east auckland, so yeah if anybody can give me a lift please give me a call.

i don't have net at home at the moment so if you i could be called instead of pmed that would be awesome.

021 250 76 71 - mark.

regards: Mark

crazy phrog
8th October 2007, 16:57
Some more from Taranaki!! Hell yeah. Now if only my Ute will come back from the damn shop where its been for about 6 months, then I can take my bike up, otherwise I'll just ride up and get a sore bum cause of hard suspension. lol.

FROSTY
9th October 2007, 07:26
FOLKS---If its ok Im gonna wait till the dust has settled and then send off all credits etc for those unable to attend this track day due to the FUCKING DATE CHANGE --
some are opting to"pass it forward" some opting for credits
Your name will have appearedon the ceredit due list

TPOfarmer
9th October 2007, 07:40
Hi

Is there many space for the track day? Im tigt on $$$ till alot closer to the day, wat will the chances for still being able to ride on the day?

cheers

DVS 69
9th October 2007, 10:19
Yey i deposited $50 into your account today FROSTY. Just wondering how many first timers there are out there ?? It will be my first time on my lil trackbike hope i dont blow it :angry2:. A 400cc bike should be fun around taupo shouldnt it ......................? Well its way lighter than my roadbike anyway. Cant wait to be surrounded by good keen bike riders and to learn alot of stuff, Ive had my bike 3 months an it still hasnt seen the track yet so im quite excited. Hope weather is nice for the whole day. See you all there !!:drool:

kornboy
9th October 2007, 11:10
My first track day was the last kb track day it was awesome youl love it. 400 is allll good ill be on a 250.

Morcs
9th October 2007, 13:40
Yey i deposited $50 into your account today FROSTY. Just wondering how many first timers there are out there ?? It will be my first time on my lil trackbike hope i dont blow it :angry2:. A 400cc bike should be fun around taupo shouldnt it ......................? Well its way lighter than my roadbike anyway. Cant wait to be surrounded by good keen bike riders and to learn alot of stuff, Ive had my bike 3 months an it still hasnt seen the track yet so im quite excited. Hope weather is nice for the whole day. See you all there !!:drool:

Dude you cant get more fun round Taupo than on a 400.

Blair-SV
9th October 2007, 17:06

yep, what he said...in some ways I wish I was on a smaller bike too but i've only got the one so it's going to have to be the thou. It will be my first track day too. I just want to have a word to Frosty and anyone else with some good experiance/knowledge so I can hopefully learn something useful from the day. Either way it's going to be an awesome time.

kinger
9th October 2007, 19:48
Hmmmm.... think I'll personally enjoy three times the cc three times as much.
6'2" and 17 stone doesn't suit many 400s...:drinkup:

FROSTY
9th October 2007, 22:34
Hi

Is there many space for the track day? Im tigt on $$$ till alot closer to the day, wat will the chances for still being able to ride on the day?

cheers
DUDE -- the dealis there are 100 spaces available--once theyve gone then yer outa luck---seeif ya can scavange fiddy for a deposit

FROSTY
10th October 2007, 07:17
60 plus sighned up --remember you snooze you loose
Also 1 Kind person has DONATED $100 to my account--Please if you paid recently and ARENT on the attending list give me deppy setails--Date/account references

DVS 69
10th October 2007, 08:57
Geez i cant wait quite excited:banana: Sounds like a few others have 400's too. Now dunno what class to run in ................. If ya start in slow group and find it too slow shouldnt be a problem to jump into a different group ah.

Shit i hope its fine .......... I heard taupo track quite slippery in the wet. Im gunna do the kiwitrackdays one on the 1st Nov aswell yay for tracktime:doobey:

stify
11th October 2007, 05:48
money deposited this morning Tony, only me going this time, can't wait

unrealone
11th October 2007, 16:36
Paid $100 into your Account today Frosty! Can't wait.

steelestring
11th October 2007, 16:53
I just paid $100 also, should be in there :) See you soon!!

RPM
11th October 2007, 22:37
Is there anyone going from auckland area with room for an R1 and passenger. Keen to come but not if have to ride there and back. Count me in if i can get a lift down and still track day spaces left. As goes without saying i will share all travel costs. Or if anyone is keen to share costs in hiring a van to take bikes down im up for that just pm me. cheers

DVS 69
12th October 2007, 10:50
Hey just wondering if we doin the whole track ? Does anybody know ??:devil2:

SimJen
12th October 2007, 10:51
yep full track

FROSTY
12th October 2007, 11:23
Hey just wondering if we doin the whole track ? Does anybody know ??:devil2:
check the first post

Toaster
12th October 2007, 11:48
Geez, I'd love to go but would no doubt just dig up the corners and wear out the heels of my boots with the very low ride height.

DVS 69
12th October 2007, 12:48
Ah yep got that ta.:rockon:

FROSTY
12th October 2007, 17:37
Is there anyone going from auckland area with room for an R1 and passenger. Keen to come but not if have to ride there and back. Count me in if i can get a lift down and still track day spaces left. As goes without saying i will share all travel costs. Or if anyone is keen to share costs in hiring a van to take bikes down im up for that just pm me. cheers
Can't help with shared but I DO have a pretty darn good trailer I'm happy to loan anyone needing it -7x4 with propper bike tie down points

skidMark
15th October 2007, 12:20
still needing a lift if anybody can help out please, have a mate who would be keen to come too...

just a couple of iddy biddy 250's

anybody not going possibly have a van or ute me and my mate can borrow?

nobody in my family has a towbar otherwise i'd just slap a trailer on and away we go....

can somebody txt / call me on 021 250 76 71 if they can help out, no net at home at the moment so dont get online much.

Cheers: Mark

montsta56
15th October 2007, 18:12
Heya Frosty
Just put the Buck's into your acc. :done:
13 More Sleeps:crazy:

skidMark
15th October 2007, 18:20
alright well ive just paid

see u lot there

tony ive put the particulars as skidMark....trackday

Cheers: SM :niceone:

skidMark
15th October 2007, 18:21
Heya Frosty
Just put the Buck's into your acc. :done:
13 More Sleeps:crazy:

i better get busy in the garage....got some tinkering to do and new tyres to get put on....

will have to sumhow scrub the tyres in....

the thought of scrubbing them in round a racetrack i do not like haha

FROSTY
16th October 2007, 07:05
The trailer has GONE--One Kber sorted with transport.

White trash
16th October 2007, 07:10
Ridden a thou' around there have ya?

GIXser
16th October 2007, 08:46
Ridden a thou' around there have ya?

and what would you know!!??????

White trash
16th October 2007, 08:56
and what would you know!!??????
Point taken, I'll shut my hole.

Lenzflair
16th October 2007, 12:10
If any of you guys would like photographs from the track day Edith and I will attend. You can see samples of the VMCC club meet last saturday at http://www.lenzflair.co.nz/Victoria%20Motorcycle%20Club.html

If there is enough interest we will post on our website for viewing/ordering.

Have a great meet.

Cheers
Ron

bert_is_evil
16th October 2007, 12:17
I'm always keen for pic's

kornboy
16th October 2007, 13:37
yeah same here ill definitly been keen for some mean pics :D

FROSTY
16th October 2007, 16:13
If any of you guys would like photographs from the track day Edith and I will attend. You can see samples of the VMCC club meet last saturday at http://www.lenzflair.co.nz/Victoria%20Motorcycle%20Club.html

Have a great meet.

Cheers
Ron
Pics are great as long as ya sort out with lil hitler(me) before hand I get a bit worried about people waundering around at random

FROSTY
17th October 2007, 07:28
After taking feedback from a number of trackdayers Ive decided to reduce the number of sessions to 3--- Fast Med and slow
BUT I will run the FIRST round as 4 sessions to include a NOVICE group.
This will help trackday novice riders decide which group they are going in

SimJen
17th October 2007, 07:39

Have a great meet.

Cheers
Ron

Sounds good, pics are good :)

After taking feedback from a number of trackdayers Ive decided to reduce the number of sessions to 3--- Fast Med and slow

Sounds the biz, will make the day go smoother/faster with less wait for people.
Can't wait, hopefully the weather sorts itself out!

FROSTY
17th October 2007, 10:21
only 17 spaces left--
Ill be posting out refunds tonight

DVS 69
17th October 2007, 11:05
Hell yeah im keen for pics too, more so than this %^$**& weather.:cold::gob:

Big Chim
17th October 2007, 12:51
Hey Frosty,

Just put 100 in for Momentum

cheers

Morcs
17th October 2007, 19:35
Ive put a hundy in tony.

Yay 2 track days in 3 days :D

reference - dorks.

codgyoleracer
17th October 2007, 19:36
For the novice, slow or medium guys n gals that are thinking about going racing or are currently racing & specifically want to know a race line around the circuit - I can offer to run around on it for two or three laps at a slow pace , Anyone interested will need to make yourself known to me in the Kiwibiker pit garage. Groups of up to two or three at a time.
Cheers
Glen Williams

skidMark
17th October 2007, 19:48
hey frosty don't see my name on the list has mine come in yet just thought i better double check. cheers

White trash
17th October 2007, 20:07
For the novice, slow or medium guys n gals that are thinking about going racing or are currently racing & specifically want to know a race line around the circuit - I can offer to run around on it for two or three laps at a slow pace , Anyone interested will need to make yourself known to me in the Kiwibiker pit garage. Groups of up to two or three at a time.
Cheers
Glen Williams
Your "slow" is like everybody elses "hyper" codgy'. Pull a plug lead off so we can keep up will ya?!

Plugz 4 Lugz
17th October 2007, 20:15
I've done some major shuffling with my events and will be attending Frosty's track day on the 28th, from approx 9a.m until 2p.m, to make earplugs. (There's not enough of us to go around so I'm kinda hoping people will catch up with as originally planned for Nov 4th). Cheers Sue 027 659 1583

FROSTY
17th October 2007, 20:22
A reminder to ALL riders --RESPONSIBILITY FOR PASSING SCRUTINEERING IS YOURS -NO REFUNDS IF YOUR BIKE /GEAR ISNT UP TO SCRATCH.
Anyone riding in a dangerous manner will as a minimum sit out the next session -if bad enough will sit out the rest of the day -NO EXCUSES

skidMark
17th October 2007, 22:12
hey tony is my bike still classed as a road bike ordoes it come under race bike when all the road gear is off ie doesnt have rego or any lights on it but is stilll a currently regoed and woffed vehicle....???

at what point does a roadbike go into race bike scrutineering and need wire on the sump plug and all that stuff?

cheers,

codgyoleracer
18th October 2007, 07:28
Your "slow" is like everybody elses "hyper" codgy'. Pull a plug lead off so we can keep up will ya?!

I am old & slow now Jimmy + also got a gammy leg, shoulder & back + my balls ache when I've had to much sex. (you feeling sorry for me yet ?). I will leave the fast guys training to you - you young whipper-snapper..... :spanking:

FROSTY
18th October 2007, 07:35
I am old & slow now Jimmy + also got a gammy leg, shoulder & back + my balls ache when I've had to much sex. (you feeling sorry for me yet ?). I will leave the fast guys training to you - you young whipper-snapper..... :spanking:
OYY enuff of that codgy -foxes get to live a long time by being smarter as we get older

codgyoleracer
18th October 2007, 07:49
OYY enuff of that codgy -foxes get to live a long time by being smarter as we get older

Oh yeah, sorry about that Frosty (letting the side down), Hey Jimmy "get a cold one up ya & pull yer finger out. Youve got two extra cylinders than me + your a streamlined skinny weasel - the world is your oyster " :headbang:

GIXser
18th October 2007, 09:05

What his name ???:crazy:

DVS 69
18th October 2007, 13:24
It's my first time on me little 400 trackbike so i could be quite keen to see the lines codgy will come and make myself known:argh:. Id like to race one day if me thrash box lasts :clap:

motocoorg
18th October 2007, 15:27
Thanks for the info over the phone Frosty, i just transfered the moolah, looking forward for The Day.

FROSTY
18th October 2007, 19:12
HMM MAY NOT have eod after all at this rate--only 10 spaces left

FROSTY
19th October 2007, 07:10
8 and counting

_Gina_
19th October 2007, 09:52
7 now :niceone:

Count me in!! Payment made this morning.

El Dopa
19th October 2007, 18:27

How is the fast/med/slow split going to break down, roughly?

Under the old system, I was going to move up to the slow/medium group from the very slow group.

With the new system, should I stay in the slow group, or move up to medium?

FROSTY
19th October 2007, 18:33
ED--youkiddingme --you arenowin the FAST group

El Dopa
19th October 2007, 18:38
ED--youkiddingme --you arenowin the FAST group

Mobile chicane?

FROSTY
19th October 2007, 18:39
Mobile chicane?
Trust me dude--Illbe shit loadsslower than you

dave o
20th October 2007, 16:53
hey tony is my bike still classed as a road bike ordoes it come under race bike when all the road gear is off ie doesnt have rego or any lights on it but is stilll a currently regoed and woffed vehicle....???

at what point does a roadbike go into race bike scrutineering and need wire on the sump plug and all that stuff?

cheers,

id also like to know this please :)

FROSTY
20th October 2007, 17:13
id also like to know this please :)
Its an open track day roadies and racebikes-
Just make certain the stuff Ive listed is all ok and you'll have no issues
If you are really paraniod bring the bike to me and Ill lookit over

Plugz 4 Lugz
22nd October 2007, 09:51
Sure hope this wind is long gone by track day!! we called into the track while we were in Taupo this weekend, the wind was hellish.

nows-good
22nd October 2007, 12:14
hi frosty i see my name is on your list twice not sure why should be just the i entry.cheers.

El Dopa
22nd October 2007, 13:40
Sure hope this wind is long gone by track day!! we called into the track while we were in Taupo this weekend, the wind was hellish.

Met service sez: sunny and windless saturday, showers and windless sunday, and sunny and windless monday.

So maybe a chance we'll get a nice day.

Sanx
22nd October 2007, 13:44
I prefer this forecast:

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/2007102118/rain-nzni-2007102118-150.gif

MSTRS
22nd October 2007, 14:15
Oooh, yes please!!!

enigma51
22nd October 2007, 19:41
How do you know which group your going be in or is that decided on the day. I think i should be in the super slow group

FROSTY
22nd October 2007, 19:44
How much gold crosses lilhitlers palm decides your speed group :clap:

enigma51
22nd October 2007, 19:47
Just for the sake of fair trade how much will be for each group I figure that if i go in the slow group i might feel fast and if I go in the fast group i will be fast feeeuk neow

FROSTY
23rd October 2007, 07:16
Sorry folks prepay entrys are now CLOSED

Anyone who has just paid in the last couple of days will show up
As you can see I have VERY LIMITED entry on the day available -7 to be precise -they areon a first come first served basis ON THE DAY

robertydog
23rd October 2007, 09:05
Bugger. Was gonna do it too

SimJen
23rd October 2007, 09:17
the weather WILL be fine :)
Taupo dries out pretty quick anyway, after small showers.

MSTRS
23rd October 2007, 09:20
Did you still need the practice Robert?

robertydog
23rd October 2007, 09:25
Did you still need the practice Robert?

Always............

Plugz 4 Lugz
23rd October 2007, 09:34
...... but that wind was sideways I'm sure.

the weather WILL be fine :)
Taupo dries out pretty quick anyway, after small showers.

FROSTY
23rd October 2007, 12:38
Bugger. Was gonna do it too
and you diddnt pay==wwwwwhy???

robertydog
23rd October 2007, 13:45
and you diddnt pay==wwwwwhy???

No worries. Theres one the following thursday.

SimJen
23rd October 2007, 13:54
they won't be as good :)

DVS 69
23rd October 2007, 14:14
Yeah im goin on the one on the following thurs too. :2thumbsup

SimJen
23rd October 2007, 14:22
Okay people check this out: http://www.metservice.com/default/index.php?alias=farmtaupo

Fine weather for the weekend :)
give it 10 mins and it'll probably change tho :(

Wasp27
23rd October 2007, 15:15
Always............

Actually Rob......ya weren't lookin too flash on Monday, I was thinking that by next Sunday you could be real crook :rolleyes:. Probably worth a visit to the :doctor: on Saturday....might even get ya a 'sick day' for Sunday:msn-wink:........and get him to check that ringing (gixxer) in ya ears while ya there:laugh:

FROSTY
23rd October 2007, 19:14
im sorry for those that procrastinated
prepay entrys are closed

Big Dog
24th October 2007, 23:45
Frosty, I gave Adamww my trackday as part of some fundraising, he has however not been in touch.
If he does not sort it out before then please feel free to revend his slot as I will not be able to make it.
I have texted and PM'd him with no reply, he has not read the PM.

If you are short of marshalls let me know, I will need gas money or a lift to make it but always happy to help.

FROSTY
25th October 2007, 06:56
BD --Im all ful up van wise ---you're more than welcolm

motocoorg
25th October 2007, 15:05
Frosty, is it possible to get entry if someone comes to venue and pays up thr

FROSTY
25th October 2007, 17:57
Just one quick reminder .Due to insurance conciderations it goes without saying (actually it does say in the rules if ya read em) that anybody intending to ride at any KB track day holds either a current road licence for the bike they are intending to ride OR hold a race licence -This is covered off in the indemnity form you sighn before going on the track
I dont have time to scan 100 odd licences so I have to assume that you read the indemnity form and when sighning it would be telling the truth.

aud
25th October 2007, 20:23
Just wanted to let the organisers of the trackday know that daytony will be coming up to the trackday with me but won't be riding, thus perhaps opening a place for someone else. We don't care about the bucks but would hate someone to miss out, who could perhaps ride.
Unfortunately daytony dropped his bike on sunday, doing 90k, when a car turned sharply and suddenly in front of him without indicating! He has a sprained wrist and can't ride. Luckily his gear and helmet did their job and he'll be over it soon enough. Trumpy may take a little longer to fix!
I was following behind and watching my dear mate tumble along the road was one of the most horrific moments in my life.
Thanks to paul in nz for his very generous assistance.
See you all Sunday.

Brett
25th October 2007, 21:47
Just wanted to let the organisers of the trackday know that daytony will be coming up to the trackday with me but won't be riding, thus perhaps opening a place for someone else. We don't care about the bucks but would hate someone to miss out, who could perhaps ride.
Unfortunately daytony dropped his bike on sunday, doing 90k, when a car turned sharply and suddenly in front of him without indicating! He has a sprained wrist and can't ride. Luckily his gear and helmet did their job and he'll be over it soon enough. Trumpy may take a little longer to fix!
I was following behind and watching my dear mate tumble along the road was one of the most horrific moments in my life.
Thanks to paul in nz for his very generous assistance.
See you all Sunday.

I have someone keen for a ticket who missed prepay, PM me if he would like to sell his ticket. (Mr brother is the other keen bloke)

Big Dog
25th October 2007, 23:52
Do you need a marshall?
Can make it there if you need, if not I'll find something to do :innocent:

FROSTY
26th October 2007, 00:02
BD the more the merrier--actually dude I could do with a burly looking type to be starter/track letter onnerer --Someone that can stop bikes with his teeth if needs be --I asked Trashy but riff raff aparently couldnt stop laughing at white trash and burly used in the same sentence

Big Dog
26th October 2007, 00:03
BD the more the merrier--actually dude I could do with a burly looking type to be starter/track letter onnerer --Someone that can stop bikes with his teeth if needs be --I asked Trashy but riff raff aparently couldnt stop laughing at white trash and burly used in the same sentence

Done.
What time is the marshalls brief?

FROSTY
26th October 2007, 00:10
8.30 i hope

skidMark
26th October 2007, 00:13
What gurly want to dress up sexy and hold my umbrella?

any takers LOL

see u lot there :2thumbsup

White trash
26th October 2007, 03:20
Do I need to black flag you again fucker? Do I?

FROSTY
26th October 2007, 07:10
HMM---Lemme think about this---who's bikes gonna be going round and round--Whos gonna be standing in the pits--black flag yasay??
Ohh but WAIT--me being the old bastard we all know i am I guess Ill just waunder down the pits untill I find a bike with MY MUMBER ON IT and take it out for a ride
(this is of course a piss take)

MadDuck
26th October 2007, 07:18

BWAHAHAHAHAA......oh please dont do that to me again.

Disco Dan
26th October 2007, 07:28
New tires this morning... ...now do I tent it or just sleep on the back seat ...waitaminite... tent it is. :doh:

FROSTY
26th October 2007, 07:37
BWAHAHAHAHAA......oh please dont do that to me again.
Aww comeon it WAS funny--AFTERWARDS a very very very very very-et al-long time afterwards

DVS 69
26th October 2007, 10:06
Hey frosty this my first time on my trackbike ........... I have no race license but have got full road license. Surely that doesnt matter for a trackday !!!!!:headbang:

duckaddict
26th October 2007, 11:09
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=59650

cheers!

Keystone19
26th October 2007, 11:10
Hey frosty this my first time on my trackbike ........... I have no race license but have got full road license. Surely that doesnt matter for a trackday !!!!!:headbang:

Full road license is fine.

GIXser
26th October 2007, 11:18
Full road license is fine.

i have a learners license do i have to display my L plate ???:crybaby:

and i figured out how to turn left, but having problems turning right, is someone able to show me some lines please??!!!??

FROSTY
26th October 2007, 11:20
sorry dude Ill edit the post
ONE rule for KB trackdays (and Moto TT readng their website) is you must Hold a currently valid motorcycle licence of some sort.That means EITHER a CURRENT valid mnz race licence OR a current valid motorcycle road licence
When you sighn the indemnity form you are stating as part of it that you hold a licence to ride a bike
Being the trusting guy I am I assume everybody is telling the truth when they sigh an official document
Unless I have verification to the contrary--Fact not heresay