PDA

View Full Version : Motogp paddock pass

andy1
2nd September 2004, 03:06
Hi,
This is just a question for the people that have been to a motogp race before.
Im going to buy a paddock pass, but what day is the best day to buy?
I mean, race day are they really busy? and that means no time to meet fans?
please i need help with this...

Thanks.

Andrew.

Bob
2nd September 2004, 03:35
Can I suggest you check the full weekend schedule?

Reason being is that there may be a scheduled pitlane walkabout - this is going to be when the bulk of the riders are out signing things.

Paddock pass is nice to have, but it isn't going to get you into pitlane, which is where most of the activity will be going on.

Marknz
2nd September 2004, 05:10
In my experience (Phillip Is '01 & '03) the pitlane walk through didn't give you any opportunities other than to see the pit garages in action. There was no signing of autographs no matter how much you begged them... you were given just enough time to take a picture of the area of interest to you and that was it... the walk form one end to another would have been all over in no more than 5 minutes.

I had more luck getting signatures and photos after the race by sitting outside the pit wall on the main straight... and that was also when you get to take home the occassional souvenier.

Slim
2nd September 2004, 15:45
I don't think you can buy a pit pass.

Check out: Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix FAQ's (http://bikes.grandprix.com.au/footer/faqs)

"3. Are pit passes available for sale?

Pit passes cannot be purchased individually. They are sold in conjunction with the Pit Roof VIP Village Packages which have closed for the 2004 Cinzano Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix. "

Here's (http://bikes.grandprix.com.au/event_information/program__1) the program for the racing.

andy1
2nd September 2004, 15:59
Thanks for the help. I guess every place is different. The motegi pitlane walk is for one hour and only costs $20.00 and u buy it on the day.

The paddock pass gives you the chance to meet the riders and cost about $80.00. But im just wondering what day to buy?? anyway thanks for the help guys.

laterz