PDA

View Full Version : Hose clamp

Keystone19
3rd May 2007, 15:27
I need a 60ml hose clamp to resecure the pipe to my muffler on my SV race bike. Needs to be wider than a normal hose clamp but smaller than an exhaust clamp preferably. Have tried a couple of motorcycle shops without success. Anyone know where I could source such an item.

Cheers

imdying
3rd May 2007, 15:31
Someone like BNT or TWL might be the win.

skelstar
3rd May 2007, 15:31
Failing that, can you grind down the (assuming) offending part of the 'band' that has clearance issues?

cowpoos
3rd May 2007, 15:32
I need a 60ml hose clamp to resecure the pipe to my muffler on my SV race bike. Needs to be wider than a normal hose clamp but smaller than an exhaust clamp preferably. Have tried a couple of motorcycle shops without success. Anyone know where I could source such an item.

Cheers
plumbers should have them....I thought I had one and just checked...but no sorry....your hubby would definatly know where to get them from!!!

Keystone19
3rd May 2007, 15:35
Hubby has tried (read BNT etc) but this is not a standard car size so these shops don't have one that will work.

Skelstar, I blew a hole in the muffler on Sunday. Welding won't work because it is a titanium pipe. We tried but it just melted so have now cut the pipe short and have fitted the muffler back on but need to secure it somehow.

cowpoos
3rd May 2007, 15:36
Hubby has tried (read BNT etc) but this is not a standard car size so these shops don't have one that will work.

Skelstar, I blew a hole in the muffler on Sunday. Welding won't work because it is a titanium pipe. We tried but it just melted so have now cut the pipe short and have fitted the muffler back on but need to secure it somehow.
well....go to a plumbers.....they will have heaps of hose clamps....of every size!!! and won't cost you bugger all!!!

bistard
3rd May 2007, 15:39
Can you maybe set a spring mount,attach a spring to the muffler & link pipe
The pipe & muffler need to be a firm interference fit ???

Keystone19
3rd May 2007, 15:40
Thanks guys - 121 Marine on Wairau Road seem to think they have something that might work so I'll shoot down there and see what I can find.

Ixion
3rd May 2007, 15:43
Try a stock and station agent or somneone like Hose and Fittings in Penrose. They have lots of stuff like that for dairy and milking shed use.

EDIT: Oh, if its a zorst just use the proper exhaust pipe clamps from Supercheap. Like a U bolt with a saddle and two nuts.

Macktheknife
3rd May 2007, 16:00
Failing that Jill, try asking Repco down the road if they have any metal radiator hose clamps, that should do the trick as a short term fix anyway.
If that doesn't work have a word with me and I will see if a mate can help out.

What?
3rd May 2007, 20:03
What Ixion said - nice stainless clamps from places that service the dairy industry.

Madness
3rd May 2007, 20:49
Any Industrial Hose & fitting place will have T-Bolt clamps in a suitable size in Stainless. Heaps stronger than a worm-drive radiator clamp & they look nice too, around $4 each?

Keystone19
3rd May 2007, 22:11
Righto then. Went to 121 Marine and the very helpful lads there provided me with a suitable clamp made from stainless steel and the pipe is now back together with the clamp and a bit of silicone! Roll on Sunday!