PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came a little early this year...

Blondini
3rd May 2007, 21:55
O.K.I will burst if I don't tell you what found me the other day:yes: To cut a long story short...My partner owned an 84 katana which I sold after he had died...Since taking up riding myself ,I have come to regret that decision:yes: Well as the powers that be work...one is coming home to mumma:love: I am so excited and cant wait to pick it up...Funny how things work out..He will be grinning from ear to ear just like I have been for 2 days.Check out my new profile pic:love: 4 more sleeps:2thumbsup :grouphug:

Colapop
3rd May 2007, 21:59
Never been a fan of Katana's but that actually looks pretty good... Go figure!!??!

It's good to have something that's not only good for your outsides - it's good for your insides too... :yes:

Zukin
3rd May 2007, 22:00
Good on you :Punk:
Enjoy it :yes:

Lteejay
3rd May 2007, 22:22
Oh - fantastic. You will have to swing by and we can go for a spin. I have a huge grin on my face, just thinking how buzzed you are. Ride safe, it can get pretty tiring wear a grin like that on your face all day.

Blondini
3rd May 2007, 22:28
Thanks all,I am not allowed to ride it til christmas:dodge: :innocent: :shutup: So I will be practicing building my muscles as it is a heavy beastie:Punk: :apumpin: :spudbooge :2thumbsup

kro
4th May 2007, 06:38
I love the pop up Katanas, congrats to you Blondini

Donor
4th May 2007, 06:51
Mighty fine looking beast!

Mucho congrats on the re-acquisition! :Punk:

Trudes
4th May 2007, 07:47
Good stuff chick, love it when a plan comes together and things go in full circles, sounds like the bike's returning to a great home!! Have fun!!:sunny:

daaatomic
4th May 2007, 08:02
congrats, i'm so pleased to see another katana in the hands of some one who will really appreciate and look after it.

90s
4th May 2007, 08:42
Yay, go the 80s.

crashe
4th May 2007, 10:12
Congratulations.

You have a nice quiet street to practise riding it in.
And getting used to how she will handle etc.

Lissa
4th May 2007, 10:20
Congrats!! Exciting time... having fun on the new bike, and be safe.

Pwalo
4th May 2007, 10:29
That's a really nice example, but you'd better get down to the gym because they sure are heavy and there's not too much leverage on those bars.

Macktheknife
4th May 2007, 10:32
Good news indeed Girl, maybe a good motivator for some learning on wednesday nights huh?
Congrats on getting the bike back where it belongs.

Swoop
4th May 2007, 10:34
Damn!
That will have a bit more get-up-and-go than the FXR!!!:Punk:
Great to get it back into your family as well. How did you know it was for sale?

A bit harder for the :Police: to get a laser lock with the headlight covered...:whistle:

vifferman
4th May 2007, 10:42
Kewl!
Congratulations - it looks like a nice, tidy beast! :niceone:

SDU
4th May 2007, 13:32
Way to go Gal! great that it has worked out for you, going to be hard to wait to xmas. Is there a way to cut the time down or maybe a long drive/carpark handy or even the race track on a have a go day.

Damon
4th May 2007, 13:52
sweet! my first bike poster was a pop up Katana when i was about 7 or 8, well done

Grub
4th May 2007, 14:16
How much for the golf glubs?

Blondini
5th May 2007, 10:35
This bike was not jeremys,it is one like his.His was an 84 this is an 87:yes: it was a total fluke that I found it.I will not be insured for myself until christmas so I am going to have to find some nice kind full licence holder to take me out on it:love: :Punk: :Punk: :Punk:

Smoggie
6th May 2007, 04:27
Very nice. Not made for big arses, so would cripple me. Ooh me piles!

Scorpygirl
6th May 2007, 17:53
Very nice Blondini. I bet you can't wait till December rolls around. :scooter:

Nasty
6th May 2007, 18:01
Congrats Blondini .. always nice to have a gift like that ... <grub you getting anything here> .. hehee

sidecar bob
7th May 2007, 17:05
This bike was not jeremys,it is one like his.His was an 84 this is an 87:yes: it was a total fluke that I found it.I will not be insured for myself until christmas so I am going to have to find some nice kind full licence holder to take me out on it:love: :Punk: :Punk: :Punk:

Pick me pick me!!!!!!!!! :scooter:

Blondini
7th May 2007, 17:25
Pick me pick me!!!!!!!!! :scooter:

Done:yes: I am having trouble contacting him:shit: I am meant to be getting it tonight but he has gone AWOL ,I hope he has not changed his mind I have been hanging all weekend:yes:

Blondini
8th May 2007, 17:44
:mellow: :no: Santa has gone missing with my bike:wait: :scratch: :scratch:I was meant to get it on monday or today????????I cant contact him,he promised me the bike and I don't doubt him, but I am getting a little anxious and also genuine concern that he is OK.:argh: :mobile:

Colapop
8th May 2007, 17:46
What details do you have on him?

Blondini
8th May 2007, 17:50
What details do you have on him?

Only Cell number ,first name and trade me name and bike rego number:spudwave: :hug:

Kickaha
8th May 2007, 19:30
Done:yes:

I'd be very careful of having anything to do with that bob guy:yes:

very dodgy bloke that man:msn-wink:

Blondini
10th May 2007, 17:37

Nothing some whips and chains can't fix:spanking: :Oops: on a lighter note...After a little detective work:sherlock: I found santa and I am going to get my bike tomorrow night:2thumbsup :banana: :jerry:

Scorpygirl
10th May 2007, 19:00
Nothing some whips and chains can't fix:spanking: :Oops: on a lighter note...After a little detective work:sherlock: I found santa and I am going to get my bike tomorrow night:2thumbsup :banana: :jerry:

As long as Santa doesn't head to the North Pole again with Rudolph!!! :dodge: Awesome, all the best with the new beast.

Blondini
10th May 2007, 19:16
As long as Santa doesn't head to the North Pole again with Rudolph!!! :dodge: Awesome, all the best with the new beast.
Cheers.Santa knows better:Punk:

Blondini
11th May 2007, 22:24
Well I finally picked up my bike tonight.It is tucked up safe in the garage making aquaintance with the fxr:yes: I am so pleased with my purchase and It came with heaps of spares.Top marks to fellow KBer for assisting picking it up :first: :D :D :D :D :D Pics to follow tomorrow:Punk:

sidecar bob
13th May 2007, 18:33

Thankyou for the compliment my friend, but im actually more of a deviant than dodgy,:yes: good try however.
Congrats on the bike Jules.:2thumbsup

Spuds1234
13th May 2007, 20:40
Mind if I ask you what you paid for it.

I have just bought an 87 katana. Exactly the same as yours ('cept for its age).

Mine has done 83000kms, has had $2000 done to the top end in the last year and the side panels on it are cracked. I paid $1700 for it.

Your Katana is in much better condition than mine though.

And as has been mentioned previously in this thread, they are very heavy bikes. Ive had to rest mine on the ground once so far (forgot to take the disc lock off :doh: and it fell over). I could just hold it up when it started to fall over, but I couldnt lift it back up.

Also you dont happen to have a spare speedo cable you would be willing to sell? Mine has just snapped :(

Enjoy your new bike and dont go too fast. The Katana's go like hell.