PDA

View Full Version : What is the best tyre for my CBR250rr?

DirtySanchez
4th May 2007, 11:05
Im Looking at getting some new tyres for my MC22 Im Currently running a set GPR70's 150/60/17 and a 110/70/17 Which have impressed me but they didn't last very long (5000k's)
I think the rear was a little big too.

I am currently looking at the Pirelli Diablo, and the BT45's I have also been Looking at the BT090.

Also What is the difference between a Diablo and a Diablo HR

Cheers guys:Punk:

Mr. Peanut
4th May 2007, 12:03
Don't go too soft would be my recommendation. You'll just pick crap off the road and never get it warm enough.

Try and get the correct size tire, this might be harder than you think, but don't accept oversize (your rear should be a 140).

Go for a tire that has a quick warm up. Something like a Dunlop GRP100, Shinko 005 (Don't laugh!, I know of a few litre bikes with them) or Diablo Strada would be good.

MaPeXi
5th May 2007, 00:26
The Bridgestone BT090 is my favourite all rounder tyre. It has a harder compund rubber in the centre and softer compound on the edges. This means you wont get a flat spot if you ride on the motorway alot/commute yet you still have exceptional grip when you want to push the bike in the twisties. I cant tell you how well these handle in the wet..i dont push myself when things are slippery.

sAsLEX
5th May 2007, 04:02
The GPR100? replacement is nearly as sticky but lasts longer, chuck one on the back and keep the front as the GPR70.... by the way they have changed the name of the GPR series now to something else/

DirtySanchez
5th May 2007, 20:16
How many K's u get out of the New GPR100's?