PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: Ride Sat 5 May.

Bonez
4th May 2007, 17:33
I'm off for a wee toodle tomorrow. Will leave Ashurst tomorrow, for those interested in coming along, at 10am. Small ride of around 250kms or so.

Details of the sojourn will be revealed prior to departure. Needless to say the roads wont be race track quality, there will be areas that have seen little sunlight(hell we may get mist most of the way), the usual livestock, cowshit, pea gravel(just guessing here just in case), road slips.

Might even be a good idea to take some lunch as to who knows where we'll end up...........

See ya.

cowboyz
4th May 2007, 17:37
found ya. righto should be good weather for a day out. Last weekend being a single man so I might as well make the most of it.

86GSXR
4th May 2007, 20:35
Hey guys, as much as I'd love too, I don't think I can make this one. Have a goodie! Good to see ya's last week too:yes:

Storm
4th May 2007, 22:49
Last weekend being a single man so I might as well make the most of it.

Yeah, cos she will be all about stopping you riding in a weeks time :bleh:

cowboyz
5th May 2007, 07:35
get back in the kitchen

Bonez
5th May 2007, 15:50
No shows so me myself and I popped around to my mate with the Pantah 500. Ah at last someone willing to come along.:scooter: Now lets check the list:

Livestock-TICK (lots of wooly moos and a F&$ken big billy goat bounced across the road at one point)
Cow shit-TICK
Areas where the sun didn't dry the road- TICK (an a little moss thrown in for good measure)
Slips-TICK (a big patch of lime bank had given way near the Makuri lime works and was being excavated, the whole road blocked but managed to inch through ok via the verge.)
Deffinately no race quality roads, but there was the odd bit where one could wip the horses as it where.

A good arvo out. Had lunch and a natter at Pongaroa.

Caught up with Cowboyz on the way back. He may or may not organise something for tomorrow which he may comfirm or deny..............

blacksheep
5th May 2007, 16:11
No shows so me myself and I popped around to my mate with the Pantah 500. Ah at last someone willing to come along.:scooter: Now lets check the list:

Livestock-TICK (lots of wooly moos and a F&$ken big billy goat bounced across the road at one point)
Cow shit-TICK
Areas where the sun didn't dry the road- TICK (an a little moss thrown in for good measure)
Slips-TICK (a big patch of lime bank had given way near the Makuri lime works and was being excavated, the whole road blocked but managed to inch through ok via the verge.)
Deffinately no race quality roads, but there was the odd bit where one could wip the horses as it where.

A good arvo out. Had lunch and a natter at Pongaroa.

Caught up with Cowboyz on the way back. He may or may not organise something for tomorrow which he may comfirm or deny..............sorry bonez missed yer post about ride,had to chop some trees down anyhoo,are you and the boys going to the cold duck by any chance? if so will probs see you there(am taking missus it will be her first rally! and probably her last) heres hoping for good weather eh.:sunny:

u4ea
5th May 2007, 16:20
sorry bonez missed yer post about ride,had to chop some trees down anyhoo,are you and the boys going to the cold duck by any chance? if so will probs see you there(am taking missus it will be her first rally! and probably her last) heres hoping for good weather eh.:sunny:

Awesome !!! Dogs and I are heading over on friday..leaving about lunchtimish and settling in early for a long fun weekend..Tell Mrs.Blacksheep Im taking my wooly underlay as us girls dont much like sleeping on the ground!!So if she brings her fluffy slippers Ill totally understand!!

blacksheep
5th May 2007, 16:25
brilliant,will keep an eye out for you both,setting off sat am with cdmtci ,looking forward to it ,iit will be my first cold duck whoo hooo !!!

Bonez
5th May 2007, 16:36
sorry bonez missed yer post about ride,had to chop some trees down anyhoo,are you and the boys going to the cold duck by any chance? if so will probs see you there(am taking missus it will be her first rally! and probably her last) heres hoping for good weather eh.:sunny:No worries one of those spir of the moment things I'm prone to. Got a wedding to go to but may front up to the rally Friday night. Hmmmmm now there's a thought. A run to the Patangata pub tomorrow to get a ticket and badge may well be on the cards.................

u4ea
5th May 2007, 16:37
just counted badges......4 counting this year.....its such a hospitable site!!and one hell of an atmosphere!!!!wahoooooo .......:rockon:

dogsnbikes
5th May 2007, 18:06
just counted badges......4 counting this year...:

Thats one badge for each of my bike's :innocent:

cowboyz
5th May 2007, 18:11
missed out today. try tomorrow..

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=49283

Meanie
6th May 2007, 12:31
Sorry bonez missed your post, couldnt have come out anyway im not feeling the best at the moment
I think i heard you go past home yesterday afternoon on the mighty cx