PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a blond moment...

Lissa
5th May 2007, 18:54
I am posting this in the bikers angels so hopefully not too many guys read it. :yes:

Had a major blond moment. Got my new bike last Friday. Going from a GN to a Bandit is quite different. I thought I had asked all the questions I needed to on it. Stu even made me put it on the centre stand before I could ride away.

Been riding it for a week now... been concentrating on getting the revs up and feeling comfortable on the bike. Well a friend came around to check the bike out, because I have been having problems with the braking, so he took it for a wee blat to look at them. He told me how fast he got the bike too.. I couldnt believe it, I had riden it the day before and I couldnt get it that fast.

Doh... I never knew my new bike had 6 gears not 5 which is what I had been riding as if it had!! :shutup: I know... silly Woman!!!

Anyone else had any 'blond' moments? I was born blond I have an excuse!

merv
5th May 2007, 19:01
I don't go by forum topics, just check new posts so I'm here anyway.

Sweet chick!!

Great you've found the extra gear but don't let :Police: catch you going too fast eh.

What was up with the brakes? Do you have both the levers adjusted to suit you right as that makes a huge difference to being able to ride smooth and fast?

Lissa
5th May 2007, 19:04
I would have found it at some stage.. its just someone had told me that bandits only had 5 so I didnt even think to check. :mellow:

merv
5th May 2007, 19:07
I would have found it at some stage.. its just someone had told me that bandits only had 5 so I didnt even think to check. :mellow:

They'd be thinking of the big Bandits I guess.

p.s. I see you've changed your profile pic again too!! Cheeky!

Chisanga
5th May 2007, 19:07
Have you found out where they put the spare wheel yet? :rofl:

Lissa
5th May 2007, 19:09
Have you found out where they put the spare wheel yet? :rofl:
Ohhh crap.. no I havent!!! :angry:

hahaha I knew I would regret this

blacksheep
5th May 2007, 19:16
:yes: never bother counting gears just keep changing up till there is nothing left

skelstar
5th May 2007, 19:59
p.s. I see you've changed your profile pic again too!! Cheeky!
Told you dodgy guys always check out your profile picture M.

merv
5th May 2007, 20:08
Still no Biker Angels are commenting on this thread - what does that tell you?

Dodgy - hey remember I'm the guy in the tux.

Skel love your pic - South Island always did it for me, especially the years I lived down there.

u4ea
5th May 2007, 20:11
lmao Lissa!!! classic blonde moment for sure chik!!!!and I go with what Blacksheep says about just ride till theres no more gears left....and the lever ajustment may be worth checking too..
Happy days:sunny:

Lissa
5th May 2007, 20:16
lmao Lissa!!! classic blonde moment for sure chik!!!!and I go with what Blacksheep says about just ride till theres no more gears left....and the lever ajustment may be worth checking too..
Happy days:sunny:
Thanks :sunny: Its just a 'Guy' told me it only had 5 gears.. so why would I check, I mean they know everything right? :innocent:

Yea I have to have the brakes looked at.

Profile pic is my little angel/s :yes:

Shadows
5th May 2007, 20:58
Still no Biker Angels are commenting on this thread - what does that tell you?

They are all out in their sheds clicking their gear levers up and down and counting out loud at the moment. :dodge:

Fatjim
5th May 2007, 22:08
They're not in their garages, but in their bedrooms in case old faithful's got a bit more in him yet.

merv
5th May 2007, 22:50
They're not in their garages, but in their bedrooms in case old faithful's got a bit more in him yet.

So what are we doing here?

Ronin
5th May 2007, 23:05
Odd. Really. Most guys seem to think that 5 is 8 ..... Go figure.

dogsnbikes
5th May 2007, 23:25
Thanks :sunny: Its just a 'Guy' told me it only had 5 gears.. so why would I check, I mean they know everything right? :innocent:

dont worry there is such a thing as MM syndrome :innocent:

James Deuce
5th May 2007, 23:32
That's not a blond moment. If you have a look on the gearbox casing you'll probably see the following characters embossed vertically: 1 N 2 3 4 5 6

Perfectly understandable mistake when moving from a bike with 5 to one with 6.

elle-f
5th May 2007, 23:43
LISSA! *gasps* :gob: thats soooooooooo blonde! :clap:

i love it HAHAHA

skelstar
6th May 2007, 05:53
Psbt...I don't ever count the gears so I never know which one I'm in.When I fist got my bike I'd pull up to the lights in the middle of town and be changing down to 1st only to find that I'd been riding around in a 50km/h zone in 6th!

I suggest you find the dimwit that told you it was a 5-speed and be really nice to him :innocent:

Ronin
6th May 2007, 07:10
Looking out my window.

Over cast with patches of blue. No wind to speak of here and dry.

Ride safe everyone and we will meet you on the way.

Nasty
6th May 2007, 07:59
Doesn't help that the you are used to a bike which says what gear you are in ...I had a similar issue when I moved from from the FXR six gears to the virago 5 gears .... caused me a few giggles as I tried six a few times ;)

Crazy Steve
6th May 2007, 08:04
Doesn't help that the you are used to a bike which says what gear you are in ...I had a similar issue when I moved from from the FXR six gears to the virago 5 gears .... caused me a few giggles as I tried six a few times ;)

I think that because your a Women..Or an Idiot!!!

Crazy Steve..

Nasty
6th May 2007, 08:23
I think that because your a Women..Or an Idiot!!!

Crazy Steve..

I get it .. I shouldn't post as you will follow me in private or public and make me feel and look like an ass ... cheers Crazy Steve ... I feel the love.

botb
6th May 2007, 09:13
From 1 biker Angel to another don't worry about it, and ignore the advice about not thinking about what gear your in!!!! i have only 5 and i'm always looking for 6th on the open road lol!!!! feels like it needs it!!! when i trade up when i trade up i keep telling myself lol!!! o well now you know there is a 6th get out on the open road and enjoy it :Punk: be safe doin it tho:innocent:

And don't worry about looking or sounding stupid!!! it takes a bigger person to pipe up in front of everyone and say WOW i didn't know that!!! and not all advice is good advice either :dodge: no doubt some egotistical MM is going to swallow that hook!!!

So go girl great to see you've moved up!!! ( i can't wait )

KATWYN
6th May 2007, 09:25
Doh... I never knew my new bike had 6 gears not 5 which is what I had been riding as if it had!! :shutup: I know... silly Woman!!!

No you are NOT a silly woman! Don't get me started on the stereotypical blonde BS....:shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

FREE2B
6th May 2007, 09:29
Enjoy it girl!! Wish my bike had another one Im always lookin for it. :scooter:

Trudes
6th May 2007, 09:29
My advice is: firstly, stop listening to this "helpful guy", he will only lead you astray cause secretly he wishes he could ride as well as you and wants to ride your bike (am I right Mr Helpful? We're on to you! lol),
and secondly, you'll start to know what gear you're in by the feel of the bike and the revs (providing you have a rev counter, doesn't every bike? and don't Suzuki's come with gear indicators too, as most people who ride them can't count?:dodge: )
Never mind doll, good call, I always blame the stupid stuff I do on being a Blondie too!:rockon:

Beemer
6th May 2007, 13:28
:yes: never bother counting gears just keep changing up till there is nothing left

Likewise!!

Lissa
6th May 2007, 16:20
Thanks everyone. :sunny: I tried out this mysterious 6th Gear today.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Well actually it wasnt much faster than using the 5th Gear... but still alot faster than the GN.

Haha trudi.. no the bandit doesnt tell me what gear I am. The GN did, thats why I have become a pretty lazy rider. But I do :love: my new bike, even though the mirror feel off today.

Cheers everyone

Mel

skelstar
6th May 2007, 18:48
Sponsored by Elle's Pizza Place or whatever its called.

"Elle's Pizza" is kinda already taken. Will Elle be sending out condoms with catchy phrases on them too? :blip:

Ronin
6th May 2007, 19:21
"Elle's Pizza" is kinda already taken. Will Elle be sending out condoms with catchy phrases on them too? :blip:

Apparently yes. I got my test one today and I quote.... The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Midnight Special
8th May 2007, 23:39
Ok heres a great blonde moment ... jumping in my car to pick up daughter from school a few years back ... BRONZ sticker on back window ! and backing straight into mates big new sports bike and yes i won the Ashes award that month at Bronz lucky he was a very nice understanding guy !

merv
9th May 2007, 08:10
Ok heres a great blonde moment ... jumping in my car to pick up daughter from school a few years back ... BRONZ sticker on back window ! and backing straight into mates big new sports bike and yes i won the Ashes award that month at Bronz lucky he was a very nice understanding guy !

Priceless!! Was it caught on camera?

MSTRS
9th May 2007, 09:49
No you are NOT a silly woman! Don't get me started on the stereotypical blonde BS....:shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

Settle Gretel. Won't be long before we are not allowed to laugh at nigger jokes, handicapped jokes, Irish jokes etc. Leave us the blondes, at least.:dodge:

KATWYN
9th May 2007, 12:19
Settle Gretel. Won't be long before we are not allowed to laugh at nigger jokes, handicapped jokes, Irish jokes etc. Leave us the blondes, at least.:dodge:

I don't like the little hidden meaning subtleties in language that contribute to stereotypes by way of "jokes" leaving people to come down on themselves ....and people are left not knowing why they feel inferior in some way.

But thats just me.

Racism, sexism , ageism, prejudices and discrimination of any type don't sit well with me.

But I do think I will stop giving my opinions - as I know I can't change peoples ways

Toaster
9th May 2007, 12:26
Hey! yeah these things show up on new posts....

Well, I have gone from 6 down to 5 gears and keep trying to change one further.

Good on you for sharing. If you were told 5 gears then I wouldn't expect you to find 6th unless by accident. Must have been revving high at 100-120 though hehehe....

cowpoos
9th May 2007, 12:39
and just what do you need condoms for mr helpful????

MSTRS
9th May 2007, 12:39
But I do think I will stop giving my opinions as I know I can't change peoples ways.

No don't stop. Just as neither will we. It's all part of life's rich tapestry. Which is the way it should be.

KATWYN
9th May 2007, 12:43
No don't stop. Just as neither will we. It's all part of life's rich tapestry. Which is the way it should be.

Good on you.....you sound like you have a balance of tolerance toward others opinions. Something I may need a bit more balance in rather than being
a bit tooo sensitive at times

Disco Dan
9th May 2007, 12:59

Bet your enjoying the extra ponies now!

It's always good practice to look on the side of the engine casing next to the gear shift lever when you are going to ride a new/friends bike, it will tell you the gearing - stamped on into the case. There are some bikes that are one up and five down, and others one down five up for example...

Lissa
9th May 2007, 13:52
Hey! yeah these things show up on new posts....

Well, I have gone from 6 down to 5 gears and keep trying to change one further.

Good on you for sharing. If you were told 5 gears then I wouldn't expect you to find 6th unless by accident. Must have been revving high at 100-120 though hehehe....
Well you see its a high revving bike, didnt have a clue!

Bet your enjoying the extra ponies now!

It's always good practice to look on the side of the engine casing next to the gear shift lever when you are going to ride a new/friends bike, it will tell you the gearing - stamped on into the case. There are some bikes that are one up and five down, and others one down five up for example...Yep figured out where that is now :) Hehe

Kinje
9th May 2007, 14:29
Oh mel :Oops:

Don't worry- I was suprised to find out the GN only had 5 when we were talking about it one day- I'd only ridden bikes with 6 gears so thought that they must all be like that!

Black Bandit
10th May 2007, 00:08
Don't worry - I've been riding my Bandit for over a year now and it came up in conversation today that the only thing that really annoys me is having to sweep the indicator switch over to the left to cancel the right indicator or visa versa - and then stuffing it up and having to sweep back and forth until the lights stop flashing :bash: .
I'd made it one of my number one priorities to ensure that my next bike has an indicator cancelling button. Turns out the lil Bandit does have an indicator cancelling button - it was just stiff :Oops:.

Guess I don't have any good reason to sell it now:killingme

Big Dog
10th May 2007, 01:45
Turns out the lil Bandit does have an indicator cancelling button - it was just stiff :Oops:.

Guess I don't have any good reason to sell it now:killingme
Glad to be of help.

Roj
11th May 2007, 11:48
I don't like the little hidden meaning subtleties in language that contribute to stereotypes by way of "jokes" leaving people to come down on themselves ....and people are left not knowing why they feel inferior in some way.

But thats just me.

Racism, sexism , ageism, prejudices and discrimination of any type don't sit well with me.

But I do think I will stop giving my opinions - as I know I can't change peoples ways

By expressing your opinions you can attempt to make things bettter, if they are presented in a balanced manner with sound reasoning you may even be able to improve things, there are plenty who express an opinion that would be better served keeping quiet.

The fisrt step to understanding is listening, I would rather listen to something positive than something negative:scooter:

buellbabe
14th May 2007, 13:47
Many years ago I went from a 6 speed gearbox to a 5 and it took me forever (!!!!!) to get used to it cos my Sporties always seemed to need another gear ( the way i thrashed them! ).
Anyway someone gave me a great tip... dunno if this applies to every bike cos it might depend on yr lever adjustment...
If I am not sure if I'm in top I put my toe under the toepeg and gently push upwards (just foot no clutch), resistance means there is another gear and it works the same for first, gently push down...

See if that works for you Lissa :yes:

ozrobo
15th June 2007, 18:10
its all gd i was wondering y the trx850 didnt change up its only got 5 but boy thoese 5 move haha

ambler
15th June 2007, 22:05
its all gd i was wondering y the trx850 didnt change up its only got 5 but boy thoese 5 move haha
I know what you mean - when I got my FJ1200, it still has so much grunt in top gear that I often try to shift up again :Punk:

Hanne
20th June 2007, 18:12
Lol the other day I had squiggles adamant that my bike only had 5 gears after I mentioned something about cruising along in 6th.
He might be the mathematical one but once i made him count he realised that actually I do know SOME things :P

(but lissa, I have to say, I have had far worse blonde moments in the past.... particularly regarding a certain GN and the necessity of putting down the sidestand before dismounting and walking away....... ><)
(but let's not bring that up again!)

Macktheknife
20th June 2007, 18:41

Now I know you are taking the piss! lol
Congrats on the new bike too, enjoy.

scorpious
25th November 2008, 15:41
I am posting this in the bikers angels so hopefully not too many guys read it. :yes:

haha yea right!!! :woohoo:

because I have been having problems with the braking,
You never did tell us what was wrong with the brakes lol

Tee hehe it took me about 3 hours to figure out the tt had 6 gears too lol

McDuck
25th November 2008, 15:49

Had a major blond moment. Got my new bike last Friday. Going from a GN to a Bandit is quite different. I thought I had asked all the questions I needed to on it. Stu even made me put it on the centre stand before I could ride away.

Been riding it for a week now... been concentrating on getting the revs up and feeling comfortable on the bike. Well a friend came around to check the bike out, because I have been having problems with the braking, so he took it for a wee blat to look at them. He told me how fast he got the bike too.. I couldnt believe it, I had riden it the day before and I couldnt get it that fast.

You mean you count 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-4-3-4-5-4-3-2-1?

Dang i just know i am in top when i run out of gears lol

slofox
25th November 2008, 15:58

Weeeellllllll not exactly....but then I do keep trying to shift up into 7th gear........

Lissa
25th November 2008, 16:07
LOL this thread is soooo old should be locked up or deleted :D. I havent done anything Blonde in a very long time (at least 2 months) :blink:.

bikergirl
25th November 2008, 16:09
Ive gone from 6 to a 5 and not that I need the extra gear on the Buell but I feel like I do. But heres a blonde moment.Heading to a rally in the weekend and my friend whos wrk we where leaveing from kindly offerd me the chance to turn up early to sort out my bike and lube my chain.After a we giggle I reminded her that my bike doesnt have one,as she rides a sports bike I feel after this ill let it go. :lol::bleh:

Trudes
25th November 2008, 17:32
It's ok Lissa, Nige had a jolly good laugh at me the other week. We rode up the Takas and got to the top and I told him that I was passing a car and couldn't figure out why the Hornet wasn't excelerating until I looked down and realised I was on the rev limit..... oops, I must remember to use the other 4 gears instead of the three I normally use! :lol:

Lissa
25th November 2008, 18:18
I have found my calling, I am the new Katwomen. I will stop you all from making stupid blonde mistakes like Trudes did and all you other blondie wannabes have made... and me I suppose. I will get on my Soap Box and yell for all to hear.... Please Please I can not tell you all enough.. make sure you know how many gears your bike has and if you do something blonde dont make a thread about it, you have been warned. :buggerd:

This was brought to you by P/T Inc.
BitchesRUS Incorporated.

Mom
25th November 2008, 19:27
BitchesRUS Incorporated.

OH YEAH! :clap: :headbang:

PrincessBandit
25th November 2008, 20:07
Weeeellllllll not exactly....but then I do keep trying to shift up into 7th gear........
**hahahahaha me too :o, and as a muso I'm supposed to be able to count**

I have found my calling, I am the new Katwomen...you have been warned. :buggerd:

This was brought to you by P/T Inc.
BitchesRUS Incorporated.
Just as well you spelt that with an "e" as Katman's wife is Katwoman! :p

prettybillie
8th December 2008, 13:34

Hahaha I am so happy I'm not the only one. I've continuously forget there are 6 gears on a bike :beer:

buellbabe
8th December 2008, 13:43
It varies depending on the make of bike.

EG: My Buell has 5. The Triumph I demo regularly has 6...

if you are ride more than one bike on a regular basis you gotta keep yr wits about ya LOL