PDA

View Full Version : Cold Duck route proposal.

tri boy
6th May 2007, 09:49
Have a route in mind for any mildly on/off road types traveling from lower nth island.
From Turakina (sth of Wanganui). Travel up Turakina valley rd, through Otairi, right onto Pohonui rd, through to Koeke Junction. Koeke rd, onto Rongoiti rd (I think then becomes Mataroa rd). Comes out just nth of Taihape. Fuel up in Taihape. Onto Spooners Hill rd, through Opaea right at "T" onto Te Moehau rd, and onto Mowhango---Gentle Annie---Hawkes Bay.
I will contact Horizons Council for rd conditions, but if anyone has been this way recently any feedback would be good.
I going to be in Wanganui late next week, hence the route instead of Waikato, sth.:mellow:

tri boy
16th May 2007, 09:13
Well the route worked out fine.
Hamilton to Marakopa, via Waitomo valley rd.
Marakopa, Moeatoa, Waikawau, Awakino. Mokau.
Ahiti, Mt Dampier, Kotare-Tahora, Whangamomona.

Day two.
Whanga, Stratford, Hawera (to let Robert eyeball the ohlins on the Scrambler, and check sag. All good.)
Hawera, Wanganui for a few bourbons with mates, and a bed.

Day three.
Wanganui, Turakina. Up the valley, through Otairi, Koeke, Mataroa, and into Taihape for fuel.
Over the Annie. Stay at Johnnys in Hastings. Do the Duck, and on Monday, home to Ham, via Waikaremonana, Ureweras. Good stuff.:yes:

Roj
23rd May 2007, 09:33
So how was the rally?

Must go to it at some stage:scooter:

tri boy
23rd May 2007, 10:34
So how was the rally?

Must go to it at some stage:scooter:

Bloody good weekend thanks Roj.
The comment I heard alot was that it was the best Cold Duck yet. I've been to a fair number of rallies in NZ and Aus, and I would say it was the most organized
one I've have attended.
Some folks like the bare bones type rallies (as do I). But theres alot to be said for supplied firewood, food, bar, bands etc. If you can get there next time, don,t miss it. 2000 odd bikers cant be wrong.:yes: