PDA

View Full Version : Ex 'L' platers. Does cagers behaviour change toward you?

Oakie
6th May 2007, 13:38
Just wondering if those of you who have ditched your 'L' plate have noticed a change in other road users behaviour to you? Do you find things a little scarier now because drivers don't give you the leeway they used to as they assume you're a super experienced rider or does their behaviour seem to have improved for some reason?

Mole_C
6th May 2007, 13:51
Only used one for about 2 months before it broke off but didn't notice any difference in the way people acted around me.

fireliv
6th May 2007, 14:23
I fing that it makes a difference, and I will still use mine when I am going to new places, or when I know traffic is going to be bad. I find that they do seam to think that I am a more experienced rider and make me a traget. Also those damn boy racers that think you wanna challenge them all the time.......

Nasty
6th May 2007, 14:50
I find that it makes a difference, and I will still use mine when I am going to new places, or when I know traffic is going to be bad. I find that they do seam to think that I am a more experienced rider and make me a traget. Also those damn boy racers that think you wanna challenge them all the time.......

+1 ... I have also found this makes a huge difference with the L Plate I felt that they knew I didn't know shit .. now they think I know it all.

nallac
6th May 2007, 21:24
never used one,looks outa place on a harley.:yes:

Black Bandit
6th May 2007, 21:57
I used mine for about a month but found that cagers drove like idiots around me. Tailgating, coming up the inside etc. So I ditched it and all was well.

All was well until a few days before getting my 6R got stopped by :Police: and $400 later :sweatdrop. Man was I annoyed - still gets me fumed up - but hey, not like I didn't know the rules. Caught fair and square; +1 to :Police:.