View Full Version : MotoGP Shanghai ***spoiler****

Bartman10
6th May 2007, 20:04
Interesting stuff.

Stoner
Rossi
Hopkins

Well done Hopkins, 1st podium...

I guess the old gaurd will be a bit nervous about Stoner this year. The Duc seems to be doing very well.

Bartman10
6th May 2007, 20:06
And what the hell's happend to last years champion then? :whocares:

onearmedbandit
6th May 2007, 20:12
Yup, was a good race. The Ducati must really be fucking Rossi off, he's got the goods in the midfield but the Duc just reels him in on the straights. At least the president of Yamaha was there to see it all first hand. Hayden got slammed by Elias, guy is having no luck this year.

riffer
6th May 2007, 20:13
Woo hoo!

Go hopper!!!!

Grub
6th May 2007, 20:20
Rossi just rode his ass off and Stoner just blew him off down the straights. It's probably not going to be like that in the tighter circuits.

Somebody in the helmet thread a few days ago said the Nolan helmets were a bit nerdy. I don't mind being nerdy ... along with Casey Stoner :rockon:

Paulus
6th May 2007, 20:25
I wonder what Ducatis secret ingedient is? Nitro methane? The others must feel like it is.

Congrats to them on building such a fast and reliable bike.

limbimtimwim
6th May 2007, 20:29
Rossi just rode his ass off and Stoner just blew him off down the straights. It's probably not going to be like that in the tighter circuits.I'm not so sure, Stoner was not riding shabbily at all.

And how many mistakes did Stoner make? About half a mistake when he went on the rumble strip.

But Rossi, he laid a stinker of a mistake. Not that it mattered. He probably wouldn't have won anyway.

My point is, I think there is a chance Rossi has kinda lost his head. I think he lost it in the last race last year. I think since then, it has not been screwed on just right. He was pressured very very hard in that last race last year, the championship was within grasp of his awesome skill levels, but he cracked. In this race, there was nothing he could do about Stoner's horsepower advantage, so he did a stupid move that very nearly ended his race.

Aside from Rossi, it's looking like Suzuki the breakdown champs of last year have dispelled their demons and their shit is coming together.

This is a great season already. But yeah, like you I am waiting for the twistier tracks to see if that negates the horsepower advantage.

Grub
6th May 2007, 20:38
Wasn't it sweet not having to sit up until 2am to get our MotoGP fix!

skeeter
6th May 2007, 20:46
And where was Honda? Not on the podium again. Did Ducati leave in the old 990 engine? They get used to having extra CC's over the Jap bikes so they may have forgotten to sleeve the engine down. Oops sorry we forgot the rules changed!

Kickaha
6th May 2007, 20:51
Stoner rode a fast consistent race, Rossi didn't, Stoner got a very well deserved win

onearmedbandit
6th May 2007, 20:56
Yeah it was interesting seeing Honda out of the race so to speak, not often you see a top 3 line up not including Honda, and more importantly including Suzuki. Rossi was a desperate man in that race, and it showed.

limbimtimwim
6th May 2007, 21:00
Just curious, did anyone else watch this via motogp.com like I did? Or do you all have SkyTV or something?

onearmedbandit
6th May 2007, 21:04
MotoGP.com for me. 450kb/s option, I don't think hi-res (1mb/s) would be a good option here. Run it through my TV and entertainment system.

nsrpaul
6th May 2007, 21:04
and how foxy is stoners mrs:shit:

Grub
6th May 2007, 21:14
Just curious, did anyone else watch this via motogp.com like I did? Or do you all have SkyTV or something?

Skysport for me

stevedee
6th May 2007, 21:38
SKY sport for me and great racing. Only reason I bought sky sport is for the mbike racing, I have no interest in rugby or F1, or drag racing or the rest of the shite that is on the sport channels.

Stoner is a fine racer and Rossi is obviously the same , it will be a great season of racing. I always reflect that even the last placed contender in these races is still an exceptionally gifted rider. To be as good as the last placed racer there would be an achievement of a lifetime.

I think it is to easily forgotten just how exceptional these guys are. A great season of racing awaits, my bet is on Rossi. Aaaaaaaand just for a suprise, my bet for what it is worth... WSB is Biaggi because I know you all think he aint up to it. Good on ya Max you've proved you are a top rider by any one's standards.

spd:-)

frogfeaturesFZR
6th May 2007, 22:08
Vale for Moto GP and Toseland for WSB ! :yes: ....and Sky Sport for me as well.

frogfeaturesFZR
6th May 2007, 22:10
And Josh Coppins for MX1...........

Ivan
6th May 2007, 22:17
Rossi does not seem smotth any more he seems on the edge,

Stoner was playing withhim Hoper seemed to back off and get the podium,

Great riding Hoper not that you will read this but you deserved it.

And definatly Stoner you deserved it

And stuff that what about Lukas Pesek first win in the 125's good riding that man (he looks like rueben xaus)
The real race was the 125 race Luaks Pesek after what 4 years of trying he got it.
ANd also Tito Rabbat got his very first podium at 17 years of age.

Lerenzo one with my boy Divi in 3rd place.

Go the 125s tho

My picks for championship

125 GP - Lukas Pesek
250 GP - Andrea Divizzioso
Moto GP - Cassey Stoner
World Superbike - Troy Bayliss
World Supersport - Kennen Sufogloo (Sp)

quallman1234
6th May 2007, 22:19
Rossi does seem to be riding his arse off
I wonder how he would do on a ducati?

Black Bandit
6th May 2007, 22:42
and how foxy is stoners mrs:shit:

Mmm I agree. How about those brolly dollies though - they were huge. I thought Chinese were sposed to be petite.:gob:

On the racing, that Ducati has the goods ... with a confident rider at the helm. They will be hell tough to beat this season.

Grahameeboy
6th May 2007, 22:59
Rossi does seem to be riding his arse off
I wonder how he would do on a ducati?

Yep I reckon if Stoner and Rossi swapped bikes Stoner would not have been close like Rossi was.

Stoner is a good rider but the Ducati is quick in a straight line as was obvious and there was nothing Rossi could do about that. He did catch up on the twisties.

Lest we forget what Rossi did in his first season with Yamaha............no one else could have doned what Rossi did.

I am sure Yamaha will look to make their bike more competitive........good on Rossi for not giving up and good for Stoner, just 20......

James Deuce
6th May 2007, 23:46
Ivan, stop smoking that crack boy.

Graham - blah, blah, blah, blah. There's no second place, just the first loser.

Grahameeboy
7th May 2007, 07:43
Ivan, stop smoking that crack boy.

Graham - blah, blah, blah, blah. There's no second place, just the first loser.

Life is a journey, not a destination grasshopper...............

Korea
7th May 2007, 08:13
With the horsepower advantage of the Ducati, it was all Rossi could do to get ahead of Stoner. Hence he took some risks and lost some ground.
Meanwhile, Stoner ran an awesome race. Didn't get skittish when Rossi put the heat on. Full credit.
I reckon that Rossi will fare better on the tighter circuits and we'll see a comeback in the later races for certain - but Stoner's proved that he can run with the big boys and won't be letting off.
Looks like he got that crashing problem sorted, eh?

Oh yeah, for the record: watched on motoGP.com over the cable connection (Telstraclear). Paid for the Hi-res package but it's shite on my broadband - buffering every 10 seconds. I have to record the whole thing and then watch it after if I want hi-res. Waste of money :no:

CM2005
7th May 2007, 08:26
Wow... i read on MotoGP.com that rossi said stoner would win, but good on him for hanging in there. yeah it would be great to see him on a ducati, but obviously, he's good on a yammie already. Good to see nicky hayden nowhere, and toni elias beating him. and hopkins on the podium!

Paulus
7th May 2007, 08:28
Oh yeah, for the record: watched on motoGP.com over the cable connection (Telstraclear). Paid for the Hi-res package but it's shite on my broadband - buffering every 10 seconds. I have to record the whole thing and then watch it after if I want hi-res. Waste of money :no:

Sorry (off topic) but are you on 2Mb/s, 4Mb/s or 10Mb/s cable?

Postie
7th May 2007, 10:14
And what the hell's happend to last years champion then? :whocares:

this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=49373)

NZsarge
7th May 2007, 10:34
Yep I reckon if Stoner and Rossi swapped bikes Stoner would not have been close like Rossi was.

Stoner is a good rider but the Ducati is quick in a straight line as was obvious and there was nothing Rossi could do about that. He did catch up on the twisties.

Lest we forget what Rossi did in his first season with Yamaha............no one else could have doned what Rossi did.

I am sure Yamaha will look to make their bike more competitive........good on Rossi for not giving up and good for Stoner, just 20......

Agreed:yes:

NZsarge
7th May 2007, 10:35
With the horsepower advantage of the Ducati, it was all Rossi could do to get ahead of Stoner. Hence he took some risks and lost some ground.
Meanwhile, Stoner ran an awesome race. Didn't get skittish when Rossi put the heat on. Full credit.
I reckon that Rossi will fare better on the tighter circuits and we'll see a comeback in the later races for certain - but Stoner's proved that he can run with the big boys and won't be letting off.
Looks like he got that crashing problem sorted, eh?

Ageed also.

Toaster
7th May 2007, 11:01
Last year's champion is exactly that.... so last year!

Masterchop
7th May 2007, 11:46
Last year's champion is exactly that.... so last year!

Yea, he wasnt really a champion even when he became champion.

He just happened to be in the right place at the right time and on the right bike.
Alot of luck was involved.

SimJen
7th May 2007, 12:39
Rossi does not seem smotth any more he seems on the edge,

True, but thats cause he CAN ride the wheels of it to keep up with obviously a superior bike with an on-form rider......you don't see Hayden doing the same.
Stoner will give Rossi a good go this year thats for certain, whoever wins good luck to them. As long as they deserve the championship and have fought hard for it (ie won some races).
Stoners missus is pretty hot :) definately the highlight for me :yes:

SimJen
7th May 2007, 12:40
Yea, he wasnt really a champion even when he became champion.

He just happened to be in the right place at the right time and on the right bike.
Alot of luck was involved.

true dat.....but he got the most points. Unfortunately Hayden will be remembered as the one that won when Rossi had an unlucky year.
Just like Kenny Roberts Jr the year that Doohan crashed/retired.
An anomaly in racing history....

From crash.net:
"In the face of a 10km/h plus top speed disadvantage against the powerful Ducati, which also had the edge on acceleration, pole sitter Rossi piled the pressure on Stoner through the twisty sections of the Shanghai circuit - making several successful passes for the lead... but every time Stoner blasted effortlessly back past the Fiat Yamaha along the 1200m straight, the longest on the MotoGP calendar.
But, as Stoner and Ducati have stressed all weekend, it isn't all top speed and Stoner visibly suffered through the tighter sections compared with Rossi's M1 and the Rizla Suzuki of John Hopkins, who caught the battling leaders just before the halfway mark."

BarryG
9th May 2007, 06:08
Friggin' Elias!!! That bloke needs a good talking to. Quick as hell on his day, but bloody hell, what was he thinking? (he wasn't, apparently) - no way could he have got round that corner whether there were bikes in front of him or not. And coming up with '(Hayden) braked too early'. Bollocks!! Wanker.
Cheers
Barry

Postie
10th May 2007, 10:12
true dat.....but he got the most points. Unfortunately Hayden will be remembered as the one that won when Rossi had an unlucky year.
Just like Kenny Roberts Jr the year that Doohan crashed/retired.
An anomaly in racing history....

It should also be remembered that Troy Baliss rode as a wild card in the final race in 2006 at Valencia and led for more laps in that one race, then Hayden did in the entire 2006 season. Troy Baliss won half as many races ( one ) in the 2006 motoGP as Nicky Hayden, hardly the statics of a world champion.

CM2005
10th May 2007, 10:16
yeah, i guess hayden's all over now... he'll become a mid pack runner for the rest of his career... hahaha. I must say, im happy to see that the pedrobot isnt anywhere this year.

limbimtimwim
10th May 2007, 12:35
Hayden == John Kochinski

Where is he? Can I not spell his name properly because when I google it, I don't get many results...

sAsLEX
10th May 2007, 17:01
I'm not so sure, Stoner was not riding shabbily at all.

And how many mistakes did Stoner make? About half a mistake when he went on the rumble strip.

But Rossi, he laid a stinker of a mistake. Not that it mattered. He probably wouldn't have won anyway.

Did you watch the same race?

Where Rossi would lead by a considerable margin on to the back straight and the Duke would roll past like a say 750 past a 600?!

Rossi tried his best to upset Stoner like he used to do so well to gibenau but it seems Stoner was up to the challange!

Toaster
10th May 2007, 18:51
Good to know... missed the coverage. Cheers.

limbimtimwim
11th May 2007, 07:40
Good to know... missed the coverage. Cheers.Sign up for motogp.com and you can watch it whenever you like as long as your internet connection is pretty good. Yes, it'll cost you 99 euros, but that is cheaper than skytv for a year.

BigG
11th May 2007, 07:54
Rossi just rode his ass off and Stoner just blew him off down the straights. It's probably not going to be like that in the tighter circuits.

Somebody in the helmet thread a few days ago said the Nolan helmets were a bit nerdy. I don't mind being nerdy ... along with Casey Stoner :rockon:
Just goes to show that it's the rider that gets world championship not the bike, anyone can go fast in a straight line and that duke certainly has more power up top but Rossi is one of the very best on tight circuits:rockon:

steveyb
11th May 2007, 17:40
One word for you lot.
Ride of the race: Alex Barros.
Oops that is more than one word, but check out his lap times and remember that he was setting them on his own with no rabbit (Rossi) to chase.
Watch out when his luck hangs together.

Also, keep an eye on Pol Espargaro and Rafaele da Rosa in 125. These kids are 15 and fast as a rat up a drainpipe! Maybe also if they can sort their bikes more consistently Bradley Smith and Tito Rabat.

250? The Dovi and George Lawrence show I'm afraid, but that is funny as a fight anyway!! But also keep an eye on Willairot from Thailand. This guy should be nowhere near where he is, awesome!!!

Enjoy ;-)

Steve

Brian d marge
11th May 2007, 17:49
All ive got to say is wintunnel ... possibly why yamaha and fiat have joined up and the Hondas are going backwards ,,

But rossi was riding the wheels of the thing ,,, and yeah Barros , what a ride
Stephen