PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ALL for TD5

FROSTY
7th May 2007, 00:32
Once again I'd like to thank you one and all For a FANTASTIC day.

Highlight for me was fairly early---I saw 80 Yes 80 bikes on the track in the slow/sighting session--It just looked spectacular.

Second but only just was the scooter boys battling it out--dang those things could corner hard--
Actually one guy had to remove his spare wheel--he had it so crank over his spare was rubbing on the ground.

Quote for the day has to be a rider I wont name.
His rear tyre was so worn out you could see a HUGE metal strip of cords showing in the center -He was told no more track tiime till ya replace it
And his response ---"Oh you should let me back out--I only ride on the sides of the tyre"

Muppet moment of the day ---There is no other contender.
Jay Racer--Yep binned it on turn 3-- 3 corners into the SLOW session

Hard luck story of the day--Our man K14 --All the way up from the south island and damages(unconfirmed at this stage broken ) his collar bone.
Mate I hope ya heal fast
Faux pa of the day--Colapop --on an open radio frequency"jeyzus that ambo officer is a grumpy old sod" --hmm ye well said ambo officer also had a friggin RT

Maximum thanks go to all the marshals and crew who froze their privates off out there so you lot could have a good time. These guys n gals ALL need your thanks
I received some really good feedback as to how to improve the efficiency on the day --Ill be doing this next time

skidMark
7th May 2007, 00:53
i think the biggest thanks goto you tony for organising this it is much appreciated.

i will be at the next one, when i errr...have a bike thats rideable.

babyB
7th May 2007, 01:01
i think the biggest thanks goto you tony for organising this it is much appreciated.

i will be at the next one, when i errr...have a bike thats rideable.

:yes: what he said. totaly

HDTboy
7th May 2007, 02:42
I say thanks Frosty for organising it.

Re: Making the day run faster, we had a lot of bikes carry on past the pit entry when red flags were out. Some sort of penalty for the riders concerned might bring them in faster, and not have to make everyone else wait up to 3 minutes for them to get off the track. That time adds up over the day

ajturbo
7th May 2007, 06:59
Once again I'd like to thank you one and all For a FANTASTIC day.

Highlight for me was fairly early---I saw 80 Yes 80 bikes on the track in the slow/sighting session--It just looked spectacular.

ummm .....luke falling off 2 bikes?:shit:

Pumba
7th May 2007, 08:44
Great Day Frosty, A big thanks to ya for the effort you put in:niceone:

A suggestion though, it probaly woulbe be more benificial to have the second checkered flag at the marshal point at the end of the main straight just before you enter the pits. There was a couple of sessions that the red flag came out when I was coming down the straight, saw the red flag at the end, and wasnt to sure if it was the end of the session or we had been called in for a incident and we still had track time left (maybee that was just wishfull thinking on my part)

As I said great day and I look foward to the next one.

Goblin
7th May 2007, 09:48
ummm .....luke falling off 2 bikes?:shit:
:laugh: The little muppet!

The vespas were wicked to watch...seeing them get down in the racing crouch then sit up to slow down had us all cracking up!

The guy with the wire showing through his tyre shouldn't have even passed scrutineering but I was glad to see he got a newer tyre fitted by the end of the day.:yes:

I'd like to wish K14 a mega speedy recovery. Was gutted to see him down.

Thanks for a great day FROSTY...even if I did freeze my tits off.:innocent:

Brett
7th May 2007, 11:10

A suggestion though, it probaly woulbe be more benificial to have the second checkered flag at the marshal point at the end of the main straight just before you enter the pits. There was a couple of sessions that the red flag came out when I was coming down the straight, saw the red flag at the end, and wasnt to sure if it was the end of the session or we had been called in for a incident and we still had track time left (maybee that was just wishfull thinking on my part)

That is what kept confusing me also...though i still feel like a dumb twat for doing it twice.,

BarBender
7th May 2007, 11:24
Thanks Frosty.

And big holla especially to the crew and marshalls for freezing their nuts off. I just know you would have all rather have had them slammed up against a tank under heavy breaking. Thanks guys and gals. Hope Monday is an easy one for you all.

placidfemme
7th May 2007, 11:34
Thanks Frosty for an awesome day... and thanks to everyone else that helped make it happen. It was really great and I can't wait until November!

The Stranger
7th May 2007, 11:51
:even if I did freeze my tits off.:innocent:

You shoulda said something mate. I could have warmed them up for ya,

GIXser
7th May 2007, 12:05
Thank you frosty for the day,i understand it takes a lot to organise this,
ok im gonna be the bad guy here...... i feel the day was a balls up" yes i enjoyed it but feel it could have run a whole lot smoother( we didnt get our second session until just before two)
as far as i am concerned there was way to many people,
a few incidents where people got pulled back into the pits because someone had a flat tire etc just slows everything down..
in saying all that , i actually enjoyed the day and had fun

ps this is intended as constructive critisism...,

Xile
7th May 2007, 12:13
Was an awesome day, good to see what is a trackday and so many bikes on the track! Thanks for having organized it...
I really enjoyed my pillion rides: thanks to Frosty and The Stranger.
And thks to Speedie: "sweet as mate!" (lol)
Was good to meet Kbers from everywhere in NZ :yes:
Cheers!

SimJen
7th May 2007, 12:17
Wicked day of fun.
Cheers Frosty for organising. Personally I was happy with how it went.
Who cares if you had to wait a few extra minutes here and their.......to have a go on such a great looking track it was worth the wait.
I'll be at the next one for sure :)

Colapop
7th May 2007, 12:20
I enjoyed myself immensely over the weekend. I hugged a whole lotta new people and although I must admit to being a little understrength and below weight I think I did ok.
Highlights are too numerous to mention.... though a couple of stand-ups and a hichchair were nice...

I think the people that pleased me the most were the ones that got out there on the track and had a go. Placidfemme buttoned down on her tank, Chickadee scootling along, Jimmy for making me go "FAAARRRKKK!!" Everytime he went past, and the pillions and ppillion takers for giving a few the chance to get out on the track even though they weren't riding. There are far too many other people to thank for the day and the weekend (AJTurdbo - thanks for having a hitcherhiker on board & the bike)... I had a blast (of freezing wind up me jacksee everytime I leaned out to take photo's) and will definitely be back for more.

The photo's and video is on Wasp's camera so hassle the f*ck out of him to get them posted to somewhere like Photobucket. I think I got pics of nearly everybody that went out on the track and got some pretty damn good (self appraisal) video as well.... Hope you all get to see them...

Cheers Frosty - The whole day is a monumental effort for you and I for appreciate the work that you do for these.

slinky
7th May 2007, 12:24

yup, i second that one, or i think 3rd it.

Was an awesome first experience trackday. Cheers for Organising it frosty. Had a Blast!
n thanks J for teh tips.

Disco Dan
7th May 2007, 12:50
Awsome day, big ups to Frosty for organising!

I was marshall on pt2 and filled up Kittyhawks camera with dozens of photos and video!

highlights include, deathstar being red flagged on the first lap of the first session for... yep you guessed it... dangerous riding. Theres always one idiot I guess... when they let him back out and he got overtaken by 3 scooters on the same corner I almost fell out of the bird nest! :innocent: And some dude on a scooter scraping his flipping spare tyre round the corners.... I was impressed!

Got heaps of photos of mainly those people I recognised out there... Whitebelt, Frosty, Micro, R6kid, Kittyhawk, Morcs, Karma, Deathstar, and a many others.... pester kittyhawk for the photos!

The sun strike caused a few people to run into problems on turn 1, few locked rears, smokers, wobbles and the odd run off...

Was good to watch how everyone takes the corners diferently etc and people that turned in early turn 2 compared to turning in late and seeing the extra speed and better positioning for the next bend was interesting to watch... I feel like I have learnt a lot from watching and looking forward to my turn!

Great day, got to meet a few new faces...

Why was everyone so cold? I was toasty warm sitting up in the birds nest, in my full bike gear and thermals! Be prepared folks ;) hehe

highlights include, deathstar being red flagged on the first lap of the first session for... yep you guessed it... dangerous riding. Theres always one idiot I guess...

Dude, you ever gonna shut the fuck up?

He was out on the track having fun, and after some advice stopped putting his foot out and was fine for the remaining 3 sessions.

And as far as idocy goes, I see you rode that lovely 600cc bike of yours down to taupo on a learner licence, how's that for retarded.

HDTboy
7th May 2007, 12:57

What ever happened to RED FLAG MEANS GET OFF THE TRACK AT THE PITS?

Disco Dan
7th May 2007, 12:59
Dude, you ever gonna shut the fuck up?

He was out on the track having fun, and after some advice stopped putting his foot out and was fine for the remaining 3 sessions.

And as far as idocy goes, I see you rode that lovely 600cc bike of yours down to taupo on a learner licence, how's that for retarded.

The last session he picked up the pace and was looking good from what I could see. Good on him for getting out there and trying to improve his riding. Was funny him putting his foot out like a retard thats all :Punk:

Thanks, it is lovely :yes: What makes you think im on my learners?? hahaha Im not thick.

Disco Dan
7th May 2007, 13:03

yeah there was a few who seemed blind. The amount of people overtaking on the red too was a worry...

The last session he picked up the pace and was looking good from what I could see. Good on him for getting out there and trying to improve his riding. Was funny him putting his foot out like a retard thats all :Punk:

Well it wasn't posted above as saying it was funny, sounded like a barbed tounge to me.

Thanks, it is lovely :yes: What makes you think im on my learners?? hahaha Im not thick.

Well that much is debatable. Good on you for going down and marshalling, but if you're not man enough to come and have words in the pits then don't go posting your shit in here.

Disco Dan
7th May 2007, 13:11
Good on you for going down and marshalling, but if you're not man enough to come and have words in the pits then don't go posting your shit in here.

Only op I had was on the lunch break... not many people stayed in the pits while the pro's had a blat... Was in the birds nest the rest of the time dude.

yeah I love marshalling, its great fun! At puke i got to watch everyone race around the track, then took a lap myself and was interesting how the line that looks good when your on the track changes after seeing it from the sidelines. As I said, I feel ive learnt heaps... when im confident enough to risk my only form of transport on the track then I look forward to being given the learn by some very enthusiastic scooters too! :innocent:

ManDownUnder
7th May 2007, 13:12
Well TD5 must have been exhausting... I wasn't there but I've seen the effects.

Was splitting along the NW today and there's an old Yammer Hammer in front of me, splitting but... well... "only just" if you know what I mean.

So I wait wait wait... finally a gap opens up a bit and I ease on past.... so I'm sitting in front of him and bugger me the cheeky shite pulls up parallel... and gives me the bloody elbow....!

"Oh looks it's errr ... Hi FROSTY!"

It'd be the ONLY time I've ever passed FROSTY splitting and he was either away with the fairies (I've heard he's not that way inclined though) ... or just knackered.

Disco Dan
7th May 2007, 13:14
It'd be the ONLY time I've ever passed FROSTY splitting and he was either away with the fairies (I've heard he's not that way inclined though) ... or just knackered.

$5 on fairies ;)

Pumba
7th May 2007, 16:00

Yes I agree and that is what I did every time I saw the Flag, However I was uncertian as to if I went back to the pits and lined up at the bit exit cause there was time left on our session and once the incident had been cleared we could restart OR If stopped at where I was based in the pits took off my gear and procced to shit about how fast I wasnt, cause the session was over.

Hey its just my opinion on somthing to improve, but I could be an optimist and want more track time than I got

Kickaha
7th May 2007, 17:41
Hard luck story of the day--Our man K14 --All the way up from the south island and damages(unconfirmed at this stage broken ) his collar bone.
Mate I hope ya heal fast

I'd like to wish K14 a mega speedy recovery. Was gutted to see him down.

He now has a three piece collar bone, clean break in two places, but seemed happy enough when I talked to him today, and planning his drive back down

FROSTY
7th May 2007, 18:38
Thank you frosty for the day,i understand it takes a lot to organise this,
ok im gonna be the bad guy here...... i feel the day was a balls up" yes i enjoyed it but feel it could have run a whole lot smoother( we didnt get our second session until just before two)
as far as i am concerned there was way to many people,
a few incidents where people got pulled back into the pits because someone had a flat tire etc just slows everything down..
in saying all that , i actually enjoyed the day and had fun

ps this is intended as constructive critisism...,
You aint beeing the bad guy --Um I agree with you. --others have told me what fun they had--and the atmosphere was frigging stunning.
I tried a more er "relaxed" aproach to the day than normal -and clearly at least for me that is NOT an option.
The buck stops HERE and there were several issues during the day that WILL be resolved for the next one. The result will be a more EFFICIENT turn around of groups.

Colapop
7th May 2007, 18:40
That mean you want me to stand on the track stopping them from going by next time?

HDTboy
7th May 2007, 18:46
you'd be quite effective at that job col

Chickadee
7th May 2007, 18:54
Thanks for organising the Trackday Frosty and all those that worked in the background making it happen.

Great opportunity for us non trackey's to get out there and give it a go. It was nice to be out riding without cars! Awesome riding with so many bikes and meeting you folks in person.

I was a little dissapointed in my Nanna'ring, but the trackday was great for re-teaching me corners - something I've got a bit of work to do on yet. Speed will come back in time as I learn to trust my bike & riding again. My two bins have been in corners - and it's just 'oh shit' with corners for me. You can imagine the first time around the track was I WANNA GET OFF! I WANNA GET OFF! But worked through it and beat some demons.

Finally got a hug from Colapop (with Weein in my arms - glad you didn't squish the little guy).

Cheers to ya-all!
Luv Chickadee

Kittyhawk
7th May 2007, 18:57
The ride down to Taupo was fast with ArcherWC and his group....the bikes in front of me were dots on the horizon!

Track day itself was alot of fun. Thanks for organising an awesome day Frosty!! I'll be there for the next one.

Riding back with Morcs and Disco, that night...well all froze but we expected it.

Thanks M1CRO for taking me on the back of your bike round the track a couple of times...all I can say is wow wheelstands at speed are fun!

See ya all at the next one for sure!!!

Brett
7th May 2007, 18:59
Thanks for organising the Trackday Frosty and all those that worked in the background making it happen.

Great opportunity for us non trackey's to get out there and give it a go. It was nice to be out riding without cars! Awesome riding with so many bikes and meeting you folks in person.

I was a little dissapointed in my Nanna'ring, but the trackday was great for re-teaching me corners - something I've got a bit of work to do on yet. Speed will come back in time as I learn to trust my bike & riding again. My two bins have been in corners - and it's just 'oh shit' with corners for me. You can imagine the first time around the track was I WANNA GET OFF! I WANNA GET OFF! But worked through it and beat some demons.

Finally got a hug from Colapop (with Weein in my arms - glad you didn't squish the little guy).

Cheers to ya-all!
Luv Chickadee

Colapop certainly gives massive hugs!:rockon:

Nicksta
7th May 2007, 20:05
You aint beeing the bad guy --Um I agree with you. --others have told me what fun they had--and the atmosphere was frigging stunning.
I tried a more er "relaxed" aproach to the day than normal -and clearly at least for me that is NOT an option.
The buck stops HERE and there were several issues during the day that WILL be resolved for the next one. The result will be a more EFFICIENT turn around of groups.
Hey Frosty....
thanks for putting the effort in and organising what was a fantastic day for many....
I would like to put my hand up and offer my help with the next one, on your own you cant be everywhere all the time, so i'd like to help. I'd love to help with a few ideas and streemlining the day.....
thanks for this one, and bring on the next!

MadDuck
8th May 2007, 10:32
That mean you want me to stand on the track stopping them from going by next time?

Every time I went passed your marshalling point I have to admit to laughing my ass off.....as for trying to stop us going by - just you try big fella !!!

I wanted to say huge thanks to the marshalls what a great job.

And a special thanks to Mrs KickingZebra and KickingZebra junior for just stepping in and helping with the sign on....made things a lot smoother I thought :yes:

white belt
8th May 2007, 12:26
Great day!
I really enjoyed my first track day. Many thanks to Frosty, the marshalls and all the others behind the scenes. It must have been hard doing all the hard work when we were having so much fun on the track.

Thanks Noel for organising Jill to come out with me on the track and many thanks to Jill for giving up your time and expertise. Much apreciated.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks heaps.

Morcs
8th May 2007, 17:15
Ive already thanked you Tony... but cheers again. Absolutely awesome. I had a ball out there.

Cheers for everyone coming, having people around that you know just makes it that more fun :)

Cheers for Disco for the photos, big dog for the turn 2 pointers, and Kitty and Disco for riding back with me.

Bring on the next one!

Colapop
8th May 2007, 18:28
I would like to point out that I have a variety of hugs available... not all of them crush you and grind your bones to dust...

Plugz 4 Lugz
8th May 2007, 19:54
Great weather for a great day!!! Plugz 4 Lugz are receiving many enquiries for earplugs in the Auckland area but we have no events to attend until Big Boys Toys in November:( Can anybody suggest a suitable event to attend, or is there a bike shop in Auckland that would permit us onsite and advertise our attendance to those wanting earplugs? (Over a weekend or Friday and Saturday). Cheers Sue

bert_is_evil
8th May 2007, 20:24
HUGE thanks from me to Frosty AND the whole crew who made the day happen. I learned so much and am still buzzing (think my workmates are getting sick of hearing about it now...). In particular thanks to:

Frosty, for your advice on my bike setup (I was feeling nervous when I saw someone go down in the last session but I have it on good advice that you rarely bin!)

Et al - thanks for fixing up my chain to get me on the track and showing me how to do it myself next time

Keystone, for giving me advice on getting my knee down and going out on the track with me, what a blast!

bert_is_evil
8th May 2007, 20:29
yeah there was a few who seemed blind. The amount of people overtaking on the red too was a worry...

I think that was happening because the red flags were going out in place of chequered ones on the marshal points where there wasn't one at the end of each session, so after a while when people saw the red they just assumed it was the last lap and they could still go hard :scooter: .

Awesome day, I can't wait for the next one.

scracha
9th May 2007, 07:11
Ta muchy Frosty for organising everything.

Ta muchy to the faster riders (I won't embarass them by naming them) for showing me the lines and helping me sort out the bike's suspenders.

Ta muchy to team cudby for selling me the bike at a good price and then arranging for MSTRS to bring it down.

Top day, my two babies are in the garage.

yungatart
9th May 2007, 08:26
Ta muchy to team cudby for selling me the bike at a good price and then arranging for MSTRS to bring it down.

Top day, my two babies are in the garage.

Ta muchly to you for letting our young fella ride it before you took possession of it. He had a great day, especially when he got on that Busa of M1CRO's...man, kbers are awesome people!

k14
9th May 2007, 09:58
Mate I hope ya heal fast
I think "dumbass of the day" is more apt.

I still can't work out what happened. I lost the front while still on the brakes and only just starting to turn in on the first left bit of the chicane. I wasn't leaned over much at all and i think that is why i broke my collar bone. Was quite a hard impact from a bit of a height.

I managed to pick my bike up and get it in neutral and then realised something wasn't quite right. Nearly passed out just before one of the marshals arrived to hold my bike lol.

Thanks to Bruce the ambo for tending to me, as well as the marshals for their help (specially Steve for riding back in the ambulance with me). Its all a bit of a blur but I can definately say that morphine was much appreciated.

Now I have 6 weeks in a sling and probably 3 months till I realistically should be back on a bike.

Also cheers to frosty for a very safe and well organised day. Good luck for the next one.

Cheers guys
:rockon:

HDTboy
9th May 2007, 10:16
Collarbones suck mate, it took me two weeks to get back on a bike after Manfield, there's a bump which was unsettling a lot of the bigger bikes right where your fairing scrapes were, I'm guessing you hit that while leant over on the brakes. Didn't see it happen unfortunately

k14
9th May 2007, 10:22
Collarbones suck mate, it took me two weeks to get back on a bike after Manfield, there's a bump which was unsettling a lot of the bigger bikes right where your fairing scrapes were, I'm guessing you hit that while leant over on the brakes. Didn't see it happen unfortunately
Yeah was very unexpected anyway.

It is starting to feel a bit better already. Still got some codine left so keeping them going. Hopefully I'll be able to drop the sling in a few weeks. Are you back to full strength yet?

Man typing 1 handed sucks.

MSTRS
9th May 2007, 10:38
I think "dumbass of the day" is more apt.

I still can't work out what happened. I lost the front while still on the brakes and only just starting to turn in on the first left bit of the chicane. I wasn't leaned over much at all and i think that is why i broke my collar bone. Was quite a hard impact from a bit of a height.

I managed to pick my bike up and get it in neutral and then realised something wasn't quite right. Nearly passed out just before one of the marshals arrived to hold my bike lol.

... there's a bump which was unsettling a lot of the bigger bikes right where your fairing scrapes were, I'm guessing you hit that while leant over on the brakes. Didn't see it happen unfortunately
I did. Man, you were moving K14. Fastest entry into the chicane I'd seen all day. Definitely the ripple in the track washed the bike - back, front, dunno - you went down fast and hard. Was relieved to see you up and sitting quietly on the bike. What followed after the session ended was surreal to watch. (was at Point 9 with HDTboy).
Glad you came out not tooooo bad.

HDTboy
9th May 2007, 12:09
Yeah man, it only gives a slight tweak landing big jumps on the mountain bike. though I only broke mine in one place. Phil's been having lots of trouble with his I believe

k14
9th May 2007, 13:50
I did. Man, you were moving K14. Fastest entry into the chicane I'd seen all day. Definitely the ripple in the track washed the bike - back, front, dunno - you went down fast and hard. Was relieved to see you up and sitting quietly on the bike. What followed after the session ended was surreal to watch. (was at Point 9 with HDTboy).
Glad you came out not tooooo bad.
Yeah Im pretty sure I braked same place I had been in the previous laps (about 110m marker) which should be fine considering at puke I was braking past the 100m marker for a slower corner and from a higher speed. Oh well, thems the breaks.

Was just when I was sitting on the bike that the pain started to come, wasn't very pleasant I'd have to say.

svs
9th May 2007, 17:11
hey that was my corner! i thought i was supposed to be the only one to break collar bones there. oh well, join the club.

hope the trip back home wasn't too bad for you.

Drew
10th May 2007, 07:41
Highlights are too numerous to mention.... though a couple of stand-ups and a hichchair were nice...

Was only a "spreader bro, I cant do "high chair" wheelies, but your welcome.

A spreader is sitting on the tank with legs poking straight out the side, a high chair is sitting on the tank, with legs over the handle bars and fairing between your arms.

Goblin
10th May 2007, 08:20
A spreader is sitting on the tank with legs poking straight out the side....
I think Colapop knows what a spreader is....:blip: And he seemed to enjoy them.:yes:

Colapop
10th May 2007, 09:04
I DO! I like spreaders... I can't do wheelies of any sort (apart from the ones where I get too excited and do it by mistake... :o ) I think gravity likes me too much.
I do enjoy other peoples abilities though.... didn't see any pillion wheelies... :(

Stickchick
10th May 2007, 11:01
I DO! I like spreaders... I can't do wheelies of any sort (apart from the ones where I get too excited and do it by mistake... :o ) I think gravity likes me too much.
I do enjoy other peoples abilities though.... didn't see any pillion wheelies... :(

You obviouly weren't watching M1cro and Yungatart or M1cro and Kittyhawk because apparently according to them pillion wheelies are the shit and i would have to agree

aff-man
10th May 2007, 11:19
Was only a "spreader bro, I cant do "high chair" wheelies, but your welcome.

A spreader is sitting on the tank with legs poking straight out the side, a high chair is sitting on the tank, with legs over the handle bars and fairing between your arms.

you was doing spreaders...

Man I was looking for someone to do wheelies with all day.

Cheers frost man.

Drew
10th May 2007, 11:47
you was doing spreaders...

Just the one bro, when I stopped to check if Vicki was OK from her bin, when we pulled back onto the track, she did a wee hoist, (but the Aprilia was less than co-operative), so I jumped on the tank to encourage it. Was quite a good one actually, not my best, but Colopop was giving the big :niceone:

Colapop
10th May 2007, 12:13
It was cold, I was tired, and I was pining to be on the track... and too many people were just whizzing by me!! Still had a ball though... and still trying to the video and pics that I shot outa Wasp... I think he's resizing them...

Yes Stickychick... pillion wheelies are the shit... I just didn't get to see any...

sisterecho
10th May 2007, 12:17
Hi. I’d just like to say thanks to everyone, this was my first experience of a track day and I had a great time. It was nice to meet you and thanks for not judging me because I turned up with Cowpoos. ;)

Drew
10th May 2007, 12:30
Yes Stickychick... pillion wheelies are the shit... I just didn't get to see any...

I know this is not the place for it, but I want to say, that pillion wheelies are the DUMBEST ever! Anyone who would get on the back of a bike, knowing that the rider intended to hoist it has a death wish. And anyone willing to risk crushing the spine of a pillion has no consience.

Wheelies go wrong A LOT! Please dont do it two up.

bert_is_evil
10th May 2007, 12:52
A big thanks to MSTRS for helping me pick up my bike when it slipped on a banana skin that someone had left by the track....

MSTRS
10th May 2007, 12:59
A big thanks to MSTRS for helping me pick up my bike when it slipped on a banana skin that someone had left by the track....

Banana Shamana....Twas most likely those dodgy Yamaha tyres unable to cope with the oil slick left by some equally dodgy Kawasaki. May I suggest you move to a Honda to further your training as a motorcyclist before you attempt the ultimate GSXR1000?:dodge:

yungatart
10th May 2007, 14:52
Banana Shamana....Twas most likely those dodgy Yamaha tyres unable to cope with the oil slick left by some equally dodgy Kawasaki. May I suggest you move to a Honda to further your training as a motorcyclist before you attempt the ultimate GSXR1000?:dodge:

HELLLOOOO!
From now on, look for your GIXXER outside - tis not good enough to be prakked next to my Kawasaki!

HDTboy
10th May 2007, 18:57
Hi. I’d just like to say thanks to everyone, this was my first experience of a track day and I had a great time. It was nice to meet you and thanks for not judging me because I turned up with Cowpoos. ;)

No worries. We won't hold it against you

cowpoos
10th May 2007, 22:31
oh....so you were that random alocholic???

sisterecho
10th May 2007, 22:37
oh....so you were that random alocholic???

Took you over ten hours to think of that lame retort? :p

cowpoos
10th May 2007, 22:45
Took you over ten hours to think of that lame retort? :p
the mods didn't let my last one go through!!

so everyone...know sisterecho before you judge her...alocholics are people too!!

sisterecho
10th May 2007, 22:53
the mods didn't let my last one go through!!

so everyone...know sisterecho before you judge her...alocholics are people too!!

I **hiccup** have no idea what you are **hiccup** talking about. :innocent:

cowpoos
10th May 2007, 23:03
I **hiccup** have no idea what you are **hiccup** talking about. :innocent:

I didn't think you would remeber!!

hows your wine

HDTboy
11th May 2007, 00:47
alocholics are people too!!

Huh???????

sisterecho
11th May 2007, 08:15
Huh???????

Leave him alone Gav... poor spellers are people too. :)

aff-man
11th May 2007, 11:14

more likely he was the alcamaholic last night.....

cowpoos
11th May 2007, 12:22
absaloutaly!!!!!!

FROSTY
11th May 2007, 18:10
Faux pa of the day--Colapop --on an open radio frequency"jeyzus that ambo officer is a grumpy old sod" --hmm ye well said ambo officer also had a friggin RT

MidnightMike
11th May 2007, 18:27
Quote for the day has to be a rider I wont name.

-"Oh you should let me back out--I only ride on the sides of the tyre"

Hahaha for sure.

Colapop
11th May 2007, 19:21
Faux pa of the day--Colapop --on an open radio frequency "jeyzus that ambo officer is a grumpy old sod" --hmm ye well said ambo officer also had a friggin RT
WTF??? Not was me... I like ambo's they picked my arse up a couple of times... That Frosty mothafucka tho' - he's a cunt!

And the quote was "Jayzuz that Ambo officer's got a nice arse..."

ajturbo
11th May 2007, 22:05

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :shutup:

that was me...... sorry...
and i think the word were .... grumpy old fart.....

Jorja
12th May 2007, 12:08
Jay Racer--Yep binned it on turn 3-- 3 corners into the SLOW session

Hmmm have a better one for you. I don't know many faces yet (just names). A guy signing in wasn't sure what speed group he should go in so naturally I asked him if he had been on a race track before. Couldn't work out why Madduck was laughing so hard. She told me afterwards I had been talking to Shaun Harris!!! :Oops:

Colapop
12th May 2007, 12:10
Hahahahahaha! That's great!!

Shaun
12th May 2007, 12:42
Hmmm have a better one for you. I don't know many faces yet (just names). A guy signing in wasn't sure what speed group he should go in so naturally I asked him if he had been on a race track before. Couldn't work out why Madduck was laughing so hard. She told me afterwards I had been talking to Sean Harris!!! :Oops:

You should have put him in the slow old group, and then given him the learn:yes:

Jorja
12th May 2007, 12:59
You should have put him in the slow old group, and then given him the learn:yes:

Well everyone else who wasn't sure on a speed group, it was usually cause they hadn't done a track day before. Atleast I will recognise you next time lol

HDTboy
12th May 2007, 17:29
Well everyone else who wasn't sure on a speed group, it was usually cause they hadn't done a track day before. Atleast I will recognise you next time lol
It'd be hard to mistake him for anyone else. I don't know too many short gingers with sizeable ears.

Colapop
12th May 2007, 17:36
Frodo? <kjhg>

HDTboy
12th May 2007, 17:56
I don't know frodo

Colapop
12th May 2007, 17:59
I'll never let go, Mr Frodo...

Nicksta
13th May 2007, 22:28
rofl.......

scracha
14th May 2007, 12:09
It'd be hard to mistake him for anyone else. I don't know too many short gingers with sizeable ears.

Don't visit Scotland and don't visit Econohonda then.

Come to think of it. If Shaun wanted serious sponsorship money he could just paint his bike orange, put "Team Ginger" on it with some stickers like "Who's laughing at the gingers now?". Short red headed blokes the world over would throw money in his direction.