PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye L Plate Part The II

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 08:21
As of this moment, I have just gotten back from my 6R and passed. No more L plate for me! :innocent: :whistle:

Anyhows, test at VTNZ was a series of left hand turns ... with only a couple of right ones! :lol:

Tried to catch me out at the last by telling me to park in front, where there is a STOP painted there! :devil2: :msn-wink:

Only criticism he had was that I was doing "60 in the 70", my retort?
"Just making sure my speed would be safe for the conditions and allowing for any deviance in the speedometer!"

Test done out in under 15 minutes!

Choice, now Donor, about that L Plate party... :scooter:

Minnie
7th May 2007, 09:06
Congrats GIjoe awesome stuff, seems to be quite a few L plates disappearing of Late.......:yes:

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 09:19
Cheers Minne! :niceone: I'll be looking hard and long at the defensive driving course ... just to get my full sooner! But meh, I can wait the six months! :lol:

And now, I must adjourn to the gargre (KB speek) and remove the little yellow plate of newbieness! That's the fourth time I've had to do that! (long story, suffice to say, my little ol'Hornet doesn't like it and has spat them off numerous times! :sweatdrop )

Blue Thunder
7th May 2007, 09:23
As of this moment, I have just gotten back from my 6R and passed. No more L plate for me! :innocent: :whistle:

Anyhows, test at VTNZ was a series of left hand turns ... with only a couple of right ones! :lol:

Tried to catch me out at the last by telling me to park in front, where there is a STOP painted there! :devil2: :msn-wink:

Only criticism he had was that I was doing "60 in the 70", my retort?
"Just making sure my speed would be safe for the conditions and allowing for any deviance in the speedometer!"

Test done out in under 15 minutes!

Choice, now Donor, about that L Plate party... :scooter:

Well done that man> and yes Donor what about the official destruction of the L Plate party as you to have graduated!:woohoo:

Chisanga
7th May 2007, 09:24
Congrats mate :) That must have been the shortest ride that you have ever done :rofl:

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 10:59
Congrats mate :) That must have been the shortest ride that you have ever done :rofl:

You're right! :shit: I knew that yellow square was like an anchor weighing me down! :yes:

Will make up for it with that nice 2000km+ pootle I planned a whiles back! :woohoo:

zeocen
7th May 2007, 12:29
Grats again man!

Maybe a pre celebration before the weekend is here is in order?
Any excuse for a bikey get together I say!

I can't wait untill 6F just for the fact that I can buy a bigger, more comfortable and more reliable bike so I can *do* 2000km+ rides. I think my bike now would wince at the thought of doing quarter that.

Nasty
7th May 2007, 13:01
Congrats ... enjoy yourself ... take the time to destroy the plate well.

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 13:04
Poor little L-plates, it's like survival of the fittest with them! I've decided to keep mine as the handy frisbee, food plate, bike stand and pooper scooper (I think I wrote this somewhere else already! :wacko:)

Just not in the wrong order! :lol:

Under the seat it was, under the seat it remains! :msn-wink:

Blackbird
7th May 2007, 13:06
Hearty congrats! Excellent news.

Sooooooo.... what bike are you dreaming about when the time is right?

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 13:09
Hearty congrats! Excellent news.

Sooooooo.... what bike are you dreaming about when the time is right?

Funny you should mention, you know I love the long rides ... a nice, big tourer ... :msn-wink: Seems a lot of riders are getting them ... :whistle: Gosh, I like a bullet-proof engine, reliability and a comfy ride that can still handle the twisties ... :innocent:

zeocen
7th May 2007, 13:33
Sounds to me like you need a 2007 Kawasaki Concours:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

I'm a fanboy, what can I say :sunny:

Blackbird
7th May 2007, 15:10
Funny you should mention, you know I love the long rides ... a nice, big tourer ... :msn-wink: Seems a lot of riders are getting them ... :whistle: Gosh, I like a bullet-proof engine, reliability and a comfy ride that can still handle the twisties ... :innocent:

So why didn't say a Harley in the first place then:shutup:

Donor
7th May 2007, 17:47
Huzzah, welcome to Club 6R!

Who's shouting the ginger beers?

Chisanga
7th May 2007, 17:51
Who's shouting the ginger beers?

Who's the ginger? :rofl:

xwhatsit
7th May 2007, 17:53
Wooo! Yar! Congrats, mate. Where'd you do it? Sounds like it's a good place :D

Stitches held? Wicked, mate. My turn next :)

Donor
7th May 2007, 17:57
Takanini VTNZ - hell, as I have said before, if Zeocen can pass, they MUST be a soft touch... :dodge:

xwhatsit
7th May 2007, 18:25
Takanini VTNZ - hell, as I have said before, if Zeocen can pass, they MUST be a soft touch... :dodge:

Hahaha. I'm there, I don't care about the drive :D

zeocen
7th May 2007, 18:48

I'm so going to have a spare L plate on me everytime I see you and put it on your bike while you aren't looking.

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 20:59
Muwahahah! I'm thinking of getting riding overalls with the L-plate design all over it! :lol: And a white helmet with a big L on it as well :lol:

Wait scratch that, if I start thinking about it - I'd probably do it! :doh:

Anyhows Donor ... about that party you were mentioning .... :devil2:

Donor
7th May 2007, 23:18
Anyhows Donor ... about that party you were mentioning .... :devil2:

Mmmm... must start wifely negotiations...

McJim
7th May 2007, 23:32
Weel done fulla.

Pretty soon we won't be allowed on two fiddy rides any more :(

let me know when you do your first ride over 70kph :rofl:

gijoe1313
7th May 2007, 23:35
Weel done fulla.

Pretty soon we won't be allowed on two fiddy rides any more :(

let me know when you do your first ride over 70kph :rofl:

That figgers ... but since people know I will never part with my little ol'Hornet, I can always wheel it out for a two fiddy fling! :woohoo: I think you've gone faster on a bicycle over 70, but no-one licenced you for that! :scratch: