PDA

View Full Version : Bears Round 1 Race report!

TygerTung
7th May 2007, 22:37
Wow what a great day.

Did all the work on the bikes during the weeks previous so I didn't have to stay up real late working on them so I decided to go out to a 21st with free piss insted! Had a few, fairly pissed, but didn't stay out too late.

During the night when I woke up I noticed that I had a sore throught so I thought that that probably wasn't too good.

Woke up in the morning not feeling too good, was borrowing my mates van with my lovely girlfriend driving (thanks babe appreciate it heaps!) hooked up the trailer and waited for her to arive! Went around to her house in the van to pick up the bikes and noticed that the tiedowns were back at my flat!!! Went back and picked them up and could find only four of them! How am I supposed to tie down three bikes with only four ratchets?!

Well I managed it, used two on the CB250RS as it's a big heavy pig (comparitivly) and used the end of one and one on the other bikes (wasn't too bad.

Then I couldn't find my licence!!!!!!! Well just headed out to the track anyway panicking as I thought I'd be a bit late but it seemed I was right on time anyway.

Got a day licence, unloaded the bikes and they all went through scruitineering sweet as which was good.

First practice on the bucket, bloody visor came off when I went to put it down! So I missed about two laps giving me about 2 laps of practice which was a bit stink, wasn't feeling too confident but it wasn't too bad.

Practice on the CB250RS Well I'm not too confident on this bike especially in the dipper which is where it nearly highsided me last time, but I found the front didnt chatter and skip and jump around too much as long as you put heaps of weight over it by leaning hardout on the front. The bloody speedo cable fell out of the speedo too! Had to stop and tuck that out of the way.

Racing Buckets Round one:

Was a bit anoyed as I was right up the front on the warm up laps on the CG going hardout then some people came flying up to the start line past me and I had to go from the front row to the third row!!!! Was ok, I still overtook everyone in the proddy field, and more than a few superbuckets due to my increddible riding skill, easily dispatching frank thomas (johhny) behind me giving the might CG everything it had. Was having a good battle with a wee fulla (well right on his tail) who was on a CB125 with a loud exhaust (must have been a bit worked) and it was great, was really riding the wheels off the bike has great fun, it's such a fun bike you canm really just give it everything and you know it will be ok! Camber change was interesting in the corner coming off the straight.

Pre 82 Round one:

This race came around really quickly after the buckets, was good fun, the CB wasn't too much slower than the other bigger bikes, but I am not confident about the handling, so I wasn't pushing as hard as I could of, but got a bit more confident throughout the day on it, I'm not sure if it's the front dunlop TT900 or the no front mudguard(no fork brace) or just bad weight distrabution which does it, but the front would chatter around certain corners especially the sweeper coming out of the B track, and the dipper mostly. Was having good battles with a lady on a ducatti, she had more power on the straights, but I had a bit more guts on the corners. Was trying to make my riding really smooth, was having issues with the right hander which then goes into a sweeping left which is after the small kinks after the dipper. Was good fun though.

Race two buckets:

I got warned by some old fulla from greymouth who used to race CG's all the time 'They like to drop valves, don't over rev them too much' Well Maybe I should have listned, because I was giving that bike heaps, and what do you know, coming off the straight, dropping it down to 4th and doing a million revs and what happens!!!! Lent right over, going over the camber change, then the back slides a bit then the bike dies!!!! Hmmmm, what could this be?! What do you know, a dropped inlet valve!!! Figures doesn't it. Was going really well too, but it doesn't matter, my arch nemisis frank thomas ran out of gas that round too so he didn't get any points either.

Race two pre '82

Don't remember too much from this race, but what I do remember is that the bloody bike would keep jumping out of gear!?!! What could cause this? I don't know, but it was a bloody pain in the arse.

Buckets all in!!!!

Yeah this was fun, woke up the monster (XL125S-Sort of) The superbucket!!!! Was right up the front on the dummy grid, took off, going hardout to try to get a good grid position, fully noise through the dipper on cold slicks and then woah!!! It goes into a massive slide, caught it easy because I'm an awsome rider, Seems you have to be a bit more careful on cold slicks than I thought. Got a fairly good position I think, was going really hard on this race, had the corners on the FXR's, but they had more power on the straights (typical for a standard XL125S motor though I guess. Must have got about 6th or 7th I guess, was having a good battle with a wee fulla on a FXR, was real close, I think it may have been tony macs son, but I dunno, was good racing.

All in all a good days racing, and I can't wait for the next one! :D :D

Some pictures would be nice somone who got some? :)