PDA

View Full Version : Ride saturday -southish

Firefight
3rd September 2004, 17:32
given that is going to piss down sunday(thanks two smoker weather jinx)

I :sunny: shall be going for a wee blat down a certain north :sunny: waikato road, :sunny: maybe on to rags, see what ppl want to do!

Will be at Tuakua bridge around 10.30ish, or I might be convinced to come to AB papakura if some-ones not sure of the way.. will check later

txt on the day 021 304 310.

Firefight :wacko:

merv
3rd September 2004, 19:31
Go Southish a bit more and you might meet us down in Wgtn.

Zed
3rd September 2004, 23:15
given that is going to piss down sunday(thanks two smoker weather jinx)

I :sunny: shall be going for a wee blat down a certain north :sunny: waikato road, :sunny: maybe on to rags, see what ppl want to do!

Will be at Tuakua bridge around 10.30ish, or I might be convinced to come to AB papakura if some-ones not sure of the way.. will check later

txt on the day 021 304 310.

Firefight :wacko:
I'm dead keen on a ride tomorrow (u know me by now) but will be busy till about 10am with our inorganic rubbish collection! I could probably meet you around 11am-ish if you don't mind waiting around? Weather permitting of course.

Will text u in the morning.

Zed

Zed
4th September 2004, 07:30
I'm dead keen on a ride tomorrow (u know me by now) but will be busy till about 10am with our inorganic rubbish collection! I could probably meet you around 11am-ish if you don't mind waiting around? Weather permitting of course.

Will text u in the morning.

Zed
Wow, looks like a spectacular day for it!! Especially for the lads who are riding down south. :sunny:

Firefight
4th September 2004, 07:56
Wow, looks like a spectacular day for it!! Especially for the lads who are riding down south. :sunny:

Yes what a great day, :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: , will go for an early ride, but txt me when your ready and I'll come in and meet you.

,, as Willy Nelson sung, "Blue Skys, smiling at me, nothing but blue skys do I see "

F/F :wacko:

Firefight
4th September 2004, 16:55
Zed , Andrew and I meet AB papakura, did our normal ride, Drury, Old GSR
ramarama, bombay, tuakau, and on to 22, pasted a very well organised adventure ride group on BMW,stopped for coffee at Nagarwhia, how ever coffee was off and they were serving horse piss :puke: mixed with brake fliud, we could not even give it away !!.

At this stage Zed headed back for auckland, while andrew and I rode on towards raglin, after a spell of playing on the hill, we returned to Huntly, soaked up some good old Mac spew , time to head back, we saw a few rain clouds over rotowaro (I guess they were getting ready for sunday) so decided to do Rangirir-glen murray, slight shower but no problem, :sunny: looked for you Matt, but must have missed you, sorry.

Quick coffee at Tuakau and up to Bombays, .Thank you Andrew and Zed, another great ride. :sunny:

F/F :blink:

Two Smoker
4th September 2004, 17:56
Well Dave, in 2 weeks time, i will be able to go on saturday rides, so ill bring the rain with me :sly: :yes: ....

I think i might have to bite the bullet and ride on sunday no matter what the weather as i havnt ridden my bike in 8 days !!!!!!!:doh: ive got the shakes already :wacko:

Zed
4th September 2004, 18:10
Thanks F/F & Andrew for the riding company! Good ride back for me from Ngaruawahia via the 'secret' roads back on to SH22, Tuakau, Ridge Rd, Bombay, Old GSR, and back on to boring SH1 at Drury to make it home by 2.30pm.

Only 'incident' of the day was when we stopped 1/2 way along 22 to wait for Andrew who I thought had joined the 'BMW granny tour' only to find out by text that he took another route to Ngaruawahia! :bleh:

Summer is coming!! :cool:

Zed

Andrew
4th September 2004, 18:42
Yep thanks for the ride guys was fun!
One question though. Why is it they always ask "eat in or take out" at McD's?? :blink:

Yamahamaman
4th September 2004, 18:55
One question though. Why is it they always ask "eat in or take out" at McD's?? :blink:
They don't if you go to the drive-in part. :confused2

Coldkiwi
7th September 2004, 17:38
wow.. you managed to find the sunshine? All I managed to collect was varying degrees of dampness heading further south! Still, I did manage to find roads (courtesy of Quasi) down by Kihikihi and the lakes that rival SH22 for dodginess of the surface! very picturesque although at the time I was more concerned about trying to catch up to loosebruce- an activity which i soon gave up in an attempt to preserve my dying tyres and threatened fairings!

Zed
7th September 2004, 19:16
...although at the time I was more concerned about trying to catch up to loosebruce- an activity which i soon gave up in an attempt to preserve my dying tyres and threatened fairings!
Havn't seen your face on a ride or at the track for months CK! See, this is what happens when you have a long break from it - you slow down!! :msn-wink:

...then again, Bruce is pretty loose on that cickle

Andrew
7th September 2004, 23:00
Havn't seen your face on a ride or at the track for months CK! See, this is what happens when you have a long break from it - you slow down!! :msn-wink:

I'd like to say that you slow down with old age. Sadly I can't say this about FF this time. He's so much faster and is developing a very racy riding style. :not:

Zed
7th September 2004, 23:10
I'd like to say that you slow down with old age...
How would you know ya young punk Andrew! :mellow:

Andrew
8th September 2004, 09:33
How would you know ya young punk Andrew! :mellow:
Well exactly I don't know. But if opportunity arrises to hassle somebody cos they're old...... :Punk:

bikerboy
8th September 2004, 13:40
Well exactly I don't know. But if opportunity arrises to hassle somebody cos they're old...... :Punk:

Hey! watch those comments you teenage hooligan, bikie riding menace to society. Ooops....... now that sounds old, doesn't it? :whocares:

Andrew
8th September 2004, 16:49
Hey! watch those comments you teenage hooligan, bikie riding menace to society. Ooops....... Glad I'm so old. :whocares:
You said it not me! or did I? :sly:

Coldkiwi
8th September 2004, 17:14

he is indeed loose! Besides the dodgy road, extra weight up high strapped to the seat I was also suffering from the extra pounds I had in the tyres to keep the wear down. Added an extra 4 psi and it really made a big difference. I kept wishing I wasn't carrying all the crap so I could get down and boogie with brucie!

Firefight
8th September 2004, 19:35
he is indeed loose! Besides the dodgy road, extra weight up high strapped to the seat I was also suffering from the extra pounds I had in the tyres to keep the wear down. Added an extra 4 psi and it really made a big difference. I kept wishing I wasn't carrying all the crap so I could get down and boogie with brucie!

Excuses Excuses :blink:
And what excuses are you going to come up with when MR kicks your arse at Puke CK ??? oh and how about lunch Friday ?

Coldkiwi
8th September 2004, 19:46
Excuses Excuses :blink:
And what excuses are you going to come up with when MR kicks your arse at Puke CK ??? oh and how about lunch Friday ?

ahh, well I've got-
'He's been out to Puke at least 3 times since I went'
'he's done racing too'
and if all else fails
'he's young and stupid and has no fear of crashing' :) (as opposed to me being older and stupid in a different way and not having put my crash bungs on yet so i am more worried about binning!)
oh and lunch on Friday would be sweet.