PDA

View Full Version : Computer savy HELP needed

dangerous
9th May 2007, 18:50
Ok... theres a reason I bang in nails for a living, cos this comp net shit gets the better of me.
What I need is someone to come around (christchurch) that knows their shit on conecting 2 comps to the net, we have just gone high speed and it dosnt work.
Dont try and help me out by offering help on line cos it will just confuse me more... BTW I have beer, so some one giz a hand to get back on line.

T.W.R
9th May 2007, 18:58
Networking a bit confusing there old fella huh?? :dodge:

bell
9th May 2007, 19:09
Ok... theres a reason I bang in nails for a living, cos this comp net shit gets the better of me.

BTW I have beer, so some one giz a hand to get back on line.

Aaah, dangerous...didn't you hear that beer and computers are an unsafe mix?

NighthawkNZ
9th May 2007, 19:11
What I need is someone to come around (christchurch) that knows their shit on conecting 2 comps to the net, we have just gone high speed and it dosnt work.
Dont try and help me out by offering help on line cos it will just confuse me more... BTW I have beer, so some one giz a hand to get back on line.

I would if I was in ChCh or passing through... :doh: piece of piss done heaps of networks...

The main thing to make sure both puters in the same work group and are using the IP address range
Sowey no help this time ;)

dangerous
9th May 2007, 19:43
I would if I was in ChCh or passing through... :doh: piece of piss done heaps of networks...

The main thing to make sure both puters in the same work group and are using the IP address range
Sowey no help this time ;)
Mate... havnt got as far as networking them yet, 1 comp was working, the other wasnt... BUT all sorted, there was a thing that wasnt turned on... is now, so next mish will be to conect the bastard things togeather :rockon:

Sniper
9th May 2007, 20:33
So one comp connects but the other doesnt?

Im happy to help out if you want mate.

EDIT: Just re-read it. Im happy to help you network the two if you need it mate.

paturoa
9th May 2007, 20:39
Did you read the manual? Might pay to check the tyre pressures too.

riffer
9th May 2007, 20:56
You're in Christhurch eh? You haven't gone Telstra Cable Broadband? That only supports one computer at a time.

But - if you have a shitty old computer lying around, help is at hand.

Tell us more about what sort of internet connection you have, and there's heaps a number of us here can help you with.

Swoop
9th May 2007, 21:36
so next mish will be to conect the bastard things togeather :rockon:
Selleys No more Nails!

That'll sort the bastard things out.