PDA

View Full Version : Update: KK's bikes + fairing help pls?

Kwaka-Kid
6th July 2003, 09:12
hey guys! letting you know whats up with my bikes + mainly RVF400R, i have taken ALL stock fairings + tank + rear subframe off the RVF400R and have swapped it with mike @ mt eden for a set of bright blue whole nice fairing set for ZXR400 + tank + radiator brackets etc etc... so this gets rid of crap i didnt ever want for stuff i need to put ZXR400 back on road (FOR FREE :D)

secondly i have fitted the front fairing of what i beleive was form a TZR250 to my RVF, also i have found a rear fibreglass mould in the backroom thats approx half the length of stock rear of RVF, i will be making it (single seater) and welding up my own box frame REALLY SHORT subframe, like 3/4 of the rear wheel will be hanging out - so i might lengthen the tail end a little more then in my first plans. (any advice on this?)

one thing tho - doing all of what ive done i havnt broken any F3 rules have i?   oh and also ive tried using ZXR400, GS1000, GSX750, NSR250, VT250 (2 diff) tanks to my RVF, and it seems im going with the earlyer model VT250 tank with some hammering of inner to fit around airbox (not much tho, fits pretty well) and this tank only has a few big dents.   - good ideas u reckon?

oh my last thing for RVF i need is a air filter - the stock one when i opend airbox was non-existant ? :confused:

question is - Get another stock one as i hear they are finly tuned to stock parts, or go K&N or somthing better? :rolleyes:

any advice/opinions would be much appriciated :) cheers dudes! - oh and i need a fairing blade for fairing which i think is off a TZR

bikerboy
6th July 2003, 12:17
Has anyone actually met KK? Are his posts the web version of candid camera, just waiting to suck some unsuspecting person into responding to seemingly incredulous posts?:(

Am I the only one who can't believe someone would deliberately dismantle the most intact, best condition, bike they have, to create some kind of bastardized mutant bike?????? :argh:

:whocares: , ? Why does it bother me?

SPman
6th July 2003, 13:49
Oh yes,....he exists.............:eek:

MikeL
6th July 2003, 16:15
Originally posted by SPman
Oh yes,....he exists.............:eek:

And He exists, too, at least for some people, even though they've never actually met Him in person. As for myself, I demand proof. No wishy-washy ontological arguments, please.

Reveal yourself, KK. Perform a public miracle. Prove to me that you are not a mere figment of my overheated imagination!

SPman
6th July 2003, 23:01
He has been personally sighted, at least once, on a bike, by me, Bluninja, Wkid1 and Kiwidan. The dismantling of the exhaust and removal of washers from the muffler of the GPZ while on the run was.........interesting, however.:eek: :eek:

Kwaka-Kid
7th July 2003, 05:21
yep :) and i bet nobody could even see the black duct-tape on the clutch/crank cases underside of that gpz750 to help keep the oil in :D

okay i shall show myself i na few weeks time once my ZXR400 has nice blue bits on her :) FINALLY i shall have a bike that looks semi-respectable

but yes the racebike now has VT250 with massive punch style dent in side and rust all over the dent, yeehaw! i ride with real style and a primed fairing - old man is going on about looking respectable and painting the racebike, i say no! :) save the effort.    Big ride in a few weekends time guys? - oh crap thats right i still need chain+sprockets for ZXR4, and also scottoiler maybe, i spose i could make a scottoiler in a way couldnt i ?

Dave
7th July 2003, 10:30
Don't try to make a scott oiler! other road users don't need to be showered in 10 litres of 30/40 thanks.
What was wrong with the RVF tank? It is probably a double skinned tank designed for use with racing. The vt tank will spill its guts the first time it hits the ground.
You need to have the seat unit extending past the rear wheel,
if for no other reason than to stop the bike looking gay!
For gods sake paint your bike and present it well,It sounds as though mt eden m/cycles are going to give you some support, If you then represent them with a heinous piece of shit they won't feel inclined to help anyone ever again-Think of others.
good luck-have fun.

Kwaka-Kid
7th July 2003, 16:40
firstly: im dead sure i could make a scottoiler, but yeah i spose 30/40 is being a bit budget, what about some semi-sythetic 20/50 in her? :P aiight i wont make one.

secondly: Mt Eden wanted my RVF bits, and i wanted ZXR bits, without chas diff, so that is what they wanted for me to get my wish list.   So i had no tank for the RVF, and the VT was close enough, after taking the panel beaters hammer to the inside of the VT tank ive got it mostly around the Airbox, sitting 5mm off frame each side even.  and im also putting it on coz i dont care if it flys off and blows up, its one of about a dozen tanks all lined up with small dings in the garage all willing to be put on the RVF, so what im saying is its free and im risking nothing.

Your point about tidying it up, yeah i just dont want it to look all shiney and painted then be coming last and having people think the bike is fast etc... and also, i havnt even mentioned the word sponsor/slightly or anything to mt eden, i doubt they would bother, but yes i spose if i built up enough confidence to ask and they wanted to see the bike id b hell keen to make it really presenntable - but as im saying, not if its just me myself.

i dunno - any adive ppl?

750Y
7th July 2003, 17:39
KK I really admire Your willingness to get your hands dirty and You really use Your initiative to get the job done. good on You for banging a tank into shape with a hammer, a lot of other guys would stand around with the finger up their nose going "dam, i need a tank for a rvf" or say "fffft You shouldn't do that you could rupture the seam and have an explosion blaba" etc. hope you can get it together soon as, so You can finally get out there.

bluninja
8th July 2003, 10:17
Pah ! banging a tank into shape with a hammer is nothing.....real men use their fists :D

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
8th July 2003, 16:17
sshucks, thanks 750Y - thats the way it is!

anbd haha Si - i did get my mate to hold it and we tried our best to kinda spread the tank wider a bit but it didnt help much.

i know on this board it sounds real botchy, which it is, but alot of it is really rather skilled, dont mean to blow my own trumpet or anything which i wont - its my old man i owe all the word to and ideas hes given.  But too many people these days would have paid sombody else to cut and spread the tank, or just gone out and bought a racing one, or as 750Y said, just sat there and moaned.  My view is that i needed ZXR bits, and am trying to do bike stuff as cheaply as possible atm, so i also had RVF bits.  I needed/had to make the swap.  So im left with not much of an RVF left and money which could better be spent on other things/parts of the bike, along with practically a bike wreckers yard of a few garages that needs to go.  So yes the bike might look ugly in your opinion, and mostly likly in most, but now when i look @ the bike i can honestly say i feel it looks far better, and that is a bias opinion, because i did the work, and the bike is a real display of kiwi ingenuity, Its Personalised.

After these posts (thanks guys) i have made up my mind to really make her presentable, or as much as possible with low funding.  I think White all over should do the trick, its also practical as if i do slide off etc the scratches wont look as bad as the glass is off-white colourd.  so cosmetics here i come, but they are the last thing.

Cheers all.