PDA

View Full Version : Good dentist in Auckland?

SpankMe
10th May 2007, 19:22
Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Auckland?

Joni
10th May 2007, 19:25
Mine is seriously the best...
In fact I fly from Chch to see him (so he has gotta be good) :love:

Devon Rutz
Torbay Dental.

I can find the number if you need it... not the cheepest, but the best. I am scared of dentists and he has never hurt me... gentle as and very thorough.

NighthawkNZ
10th May 2007, 19:29
...good dentist...

A bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

Toaster
10th May 2007, 19:30
The only Auckland dentist I know costs a fortune and ain't worth it. The receptionists were not hot enough.

The Pastor
10th May 2007, 19:46
knock out ur teeth and get dentures, very sexy.

Mom
10th May 2007, 19:46
Depends on what you need doing. I found a guy that does not use a drill!!!!! He understands my fear (I hate dentists, I have really bad memories of the foot driven drill of the childhood murder house to thank for that) and has never given me any reason to miss-trust him. He is expensive (as you would expect) but a top bloke. His name is Adam, his practise is "The Smile Studio" in Orewa.....oh perhaps you were looking for not expensive option, not shit scared of dentists option :o

Whatever Adam :Punk:

mikey62
10th May 2007, 19:52
My wife went to a guy in Botany. Reckoned he was great. Even does a/h work without the horrific cost. Left me know if you need his number.

rainman
10th May 2007, 20:08
Willie Steenkamp in Torbay is reasonably priced, but often quite busy. Work is good quality too. Don't know how he score in the "afraid of dentists" scale - I've had so much work done in my mouth the only bit that scares me is that which involves my wallet.

rainman
10th May 2007, 20:09
Willie Steenkamp in Torbay...

Doh!, he's in Browns Bay, in East Coast Rd, near Greville Rd. Or was last I looked.

Finn
10th May 2007, 20:23
Tell you girlfriend not to worry SpankMe. She's probably just teething.

MacD
10th May 2007, 21:08
Peter Colenbrander (Aevitas) in Carlton Gore Rd, Newmarket.

Excellent dentist.

Edbear
11th May 2007, 07:46
Depends on what you need doing. I found a guy that does not use a drill!!!!! He understands my fear (I hate dentists, I have really bad memories of the foot driven drill of the childhood murder house to thank for that) and has never given me any reason to miss-trust him. He is expensive (as you would expect) but a top bloke. His name is Adam, his practise is "The Smile Studio" in Orewa.....oh perhaps you were looking for not expensive option, not shit scared of dentists option :o

Whatever Adam :Punk:

Showing your age, Mom!:dodge: Actually I had similar horrendous experiences!

Go to Bryce Cameron on Red Beach Rd now. No.12. He's been the best so far and that's saying something as wife and daughter had real phobias and he's won them over, too!

kave
11th May 2007, 09:06
Ivan Choi in Mt Wellington, Got a wisdom tooth pulled and was eating solids 3 hours later with no pain.

c4.
11th May 2007, 09:35
Richard Hadfield B.D.S (Otago) Dip.Clin. Dent, Dip Soc. Sci.
Mt Albert Dental Centre
986 New North Rd
Mt Albert
Ph 846 0658

I highly recommend this man.
His rates are reasonable, not the cheapest, not the most expensive I've ever been to, but definitely the gentlist and quickest, with top quality results.

vifferman
11th May 2007, 09:41
That's all very well, but all the dentists you guys have suggested are nowhere near where Spanky lives or works!
I don't have much experience with D'Auckland dentists, but the one I've been to most recently was much better than any others I've been to. Clive Ross and his mates, in what used to be the AirNZ building at the bottom of Albert St.
My ex-boss' dentist in Queen St sounds good too, but I dunno the name (but can find out).
And if you want to know of a good dentist near work/home, just tell me the area, and PM me and I can find out. All the customers (5100!) of where I now work are dentists, so presumably I can find out who's good.

Pixie
11th May 2007, 11:03
Tania Stuart
09 309 1963

Southern Cross Building
High Street

cowpoos
11th May 2007, 11:33
I can do dental work!!! flick us a txt...I do house calls aswell....cheap!

Big Dan
12th May 2007, 10:02
I can do dental work!!! flick us a txt...I do house calls aswell....cheap!

I can beat mr poos offer I run Big Dan's house of horrors on occasions and admisson is free provided you sign a waiver. :shit: :Punk:

KATWYN
12th May 2007, 10:15
The only Auckland dentist I know costs a fortune and ain't worth it. The receptionists were not hot enough.

Considering people are staring at the ceiling for most of the visit, does
it really matter?? :laugh:....speaking of which, i'm off to one in about an hour

Toaster
12th May 2007, 10:18
it really matter?? :laugh:....speaking of which, i'm off to one in about an hour

When you have to wait at reception for ages it did!!! I got bored! Toaster gets in trouble when he gets bored.

Big Dan
12th May 2007, 10:20

you make a good point maybe they should have pictures of eye candy on the roof

KATWYN
12th May 2007, 10:24
you make a good point maybe they should have pictures of eye candy on the roof

Well the piccies on my last dentists ceiling were prints of (who's that weird artist that paints clocks and watches that look chewy or melting and are drapped all over tree branches?? starts with "S" I think)....

Big Dan
12th May 2007, 10:27
Well the piccies on my last dentists ceiling were prints of (who's that weird artist that paints clocks and watches that look chewy and are drapped all over tree branches?? starts with "S" I think)....

i was scicovksy(yes Hitcher i know its spelt wrong) but i could be way wrong i had one female dentist who was rather hot when living in hamilton oh the fantasies( i mean memories)

KATWYN
12th May 2007, 10:30
i was scicovksy(yes Hitcher i know its spelt wrong) but i could be way wrong i had one female dentist who was rather hot when living in hamilton oh the fantasies( i mean memories)

Well, if it is, you did better than me,....I only got the "S" part right....

Big Dan
12th May 2007, 10:36
Well, if it is, you did better than me,....I only got the "S" part right....

just done a quick google search and got nothing about 7 months ago i had 4 hours dental surgery done to remove all my teeth(long story) and get dentures

Kickaha
12th May 2007, 12:23
Well the piccies on my last dentists ceiling were prints of (who's that weird artist that paints clocks and watches that look chewy or melting and are drapped all over tree branches?? starts with "S" I think)....

Salvador Dali

Big Dan
12th May 2007, 12:24
Salvador Dali

I do belive we have a winner

Kichaha :rockon:

johnnyflash
12th May 2007, 14:35

Hi Spankme, the last crowd I went to was the Smile Dental care on Anzac Ave over in Takapuna, they open 7 days I think till about 9pm ... did a good job and around $130 to get a tooth extracted. (with meds ofcourse... Im a wimp lol.

SpankMe
18th May 2007, 14:14
Any of these nice Asian girlie dentists? :p

Many years ago I used to see a dentist in Browns Bay who was a nice looking girlie who always pushed her tits up against the side of my face when she worked. :D Definitely took my mind off the pain :niceone:

Sam I Am
8th August 2007, 01:39
Any of these nice Asian girlie dentists? :p

Many years ago I used to see a dentist in Browns Bay who was a nice looking girlie who always pushed her tits up against the side of my face when she worked. :D Definitely took my mind off the pain :niceone:

spankme your one sick puppy got to love ya so here to keep ya going

http://asianthumbs.org/Adult-Treasure-Expo-2007/index.php

enjoy

SpankMe
24th December 2008, 22:49
Finally got around to seeing a dentist. Decided to see one in Bangkok while I was here. Not only is it cheep, but I also got a really cute girlie dental nurse and her yummy assistant working on me. :niceone:

Got a clean which took awhile as I haven’t seen a dentist in decades and a filling replaced for only 1,500 baht, about $75NZ. Would have been $50 a couple of months ago when the exchange rate was better.

Anyway, got another appointment in a week to get a crown done.

wbks
24th December 2008, 22:55
You get a happy ending with a root canal?