PDA

View Full Version : Foul fairings

Multiman
10th May 2007, 22:53
The faring on my V11 sport has the aerodynamics of the Popes ass. the turbulance hits the top of my helmet like a 747 engine should i trim 20mm off it or add to its length?
I took it off but the bike looks naff with it off and I cop all the wind in the chest. any Aero engineers out there?

nudemetalz
11th May 2007, 00:36
I put a Givi small bikini fairing on when going for long rides and it doesn't look too bad.

But I think that V11's (with the clip-on bars) look better without it.

Pwalo
11th May 2007, 10:03
What. You bought a Guzzi, and you're complaining about aerodynamics! Give the Givi A755 a go. I ran that on both my GS500s. Looked pretty good, and kept the wind off as well.

nudemetalz
11th May 2007, 13:38
Here's a pic of mine with that Givi (I think it's like Pwalo's one too).

Multiman
16th May 2007, 18:59
Yea, the Civi looks similar to the original, i wonder if it is a bit longer? there is less of it around the light.
I don't have clip on bars this is an o3 model Balabio with a more upright position which could be part of the problem.

nudemetalz
16th May 2007, 19:43
The Givi's blade is taller than your one and has a curved piece at the end.
I find that with that and the clip-on's giving lean makes it work quite effectively.
Just don't think it suits as far as looks go.

Multiman
17th May 2007, 19:02
I took the faring off tonight much quieter but a little body buffeting.
the 03 has a fixed head light that sits out in front, looks like yours might be normal position.
whats it like riding with clip ons?

nudemetalz
17th May 2007, 20:25
Ah okay, didn't realise your headlight was frame-mounted. The V11 Sport's one is in the conventional fork-mounted position.

It's got quite a comfortable riding position, not too aggresive lean and the pegs are just right.

I wonder if it is possible to convert your one to the Sport-type bars and headlight.

Multiman
18th May 2007, 21:03
Not sure on that score, the local agents wont be any help i will try a guy ive heard of on Waiheke IS. who seems to deal in spares. it looks a little strange with the lamp sticking out in the breeze.
The next thing i want to play with is the pipes. any suggestions?

CM2005
18th May 2007, 21:31
yeah, a 2-1, with an akra muffler. loud. guzzi's sound cool.

nudemetalz
18th May 2007, 21:56
I asked Neptune for a price. They quoted me about $1700. The pipes look great.

The V11 suits 2:2's. I've seen a pic of one with a 2:1....didn't work for the styling in my opinion.