PDA

View Full Version : DebK!!!! Tell me

texmo
5th September 2004, 13:50
Hey Deb,
Can you please tell me a little about your scooter it looks awsome and I have never heard of them until today when I looked at your post.
Just wondering how fast they are, how they handel and how reliable they are.
kind regards TEXMO :D

DebK
5th September 2004, 17:57
Hey Texmo,

The Dragster has so far a top speed of 130 (didn't dare take it over this in fear of a cop). My husband has followed me in a car & the speedo seems fairly accurate. I could spend extra money to change the exhaust and heaps of other stuff http://www.italjetdragster.com/tuning_mods3.html but I'm only interested in it as may daily rider. And it's ability to maintain 100 is enough for me.

Handling wise I think it does okay but constanty avoid manhole covers, etc. as it's still only a scooter afterall. I now have decent tyres on it and now leans into corners much more confidently. Has a tendency to understeer if I'm not concentrating properly.

Motorad have just sold a brand new Dragster 180 for more than $7K so they're not a cheap scooter. They're not made anymore due to Italjet going belly-up. Hopefully this means mine may hold some value... or not :D I've had it for more than a year now and so far no mechanical probs. Done almost 6,000kms on it now.

It's as fun as hell to ride.. and more than a little odd in the looks department!

texmo
5th September 2004, 18:05
Awsome, you shouldnt sell it look how much a lambretta is compared to a vespa that is made in the same time. Lambrettas are worth tonnes now because they are so hard to get. There is one in scooter world for $7k its a classic rebuild

texmo
5th September 2004, 18:19
becides I wouldnt sell a scooter that could do this :shit: