PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Granma2 - Bucket racing test

Dutchee
13th May 2007, 10:29
After seeing Granma2's thread about who wants to try out bucket racing, I decided to contact Granma2 and ask if I could have a go.

I thought I'd ride there, leaving hubby behind, yeah right, he was keen to watch me make a plonker of myself (thought he'd be over that after 11years of marriage).

I knew that if the weather wasn't perfect, I'd talk myself out of it. The weather wasn't perfect, I talked myself out of it, but was happy to watch for a while anyway. I introduced myself to Granma, got to sit on the bike & next thing I know I'm being told when the track is being closed to other riders. Oh shit.

I expected I'd do a couple of laps & happily hand the bike back. Riding around on the fourth lap, I was wondering how many laps was polite, how many laps was rude (using someone else's bike), so decided now was a good time to pull off. I'd have happily carried on plodding around until exhausted, that was fun.

Being the only one on the track was great, definitely a great way to get started. The atmosphere there was low-key.

I'm definitely interested in going back at some point on my own bike, but at this stage of our lives realise it won't happen for some time.

I'm also a very non-competitive person, so it's a bit wierd I was even interested in having a go, but I'm forever being told I need to work on cornering (by myself & others) and think this would be a great way of doing so safely.

Thank you again, Granma2, it's great to meet someone so passionate about her sport and willing to let others have a go. :)
Michelle

SHELRACING
13th May 2007, 20:00
Hi Michelle,

Well you certainly took to it like a duck to water. Yes it is very addictive isn't it.

As for how long you were out there..it doesnt matter. You can stay out there until you are shown the chequered flag. That is usually about 10mins.

I took out the new bike today and although there was only four of us in the F5 race, I felt like I had the whole track to myself.
I had such a good time. Just need a better set of tyres!

Rashika
18th May 2007, 10:32
and then there were 3...

you better get yourself out there on the track to race them buckets now Dutchee, you've got a taste for it it seems :yes:

shame you guys are way up the other end of the island, we should meet in the middle someday, it'd be waaaaaayyyy cool :Punk:

granma2
18th May 2007, 22:01
I would love to get down to Welly to have a go on their track, but the bank balance says NO!

CM2005
18th May 2007, 22:09
Granma, how last weekends go? my bikes BROKEN!! :( hopefully i'll make it down for next round, mite have to borrow a bike.

I took out the new bike today and although there was only four of us in the F5 race what have ya got?

Rashika
19th May 2007, 07:50
I would love to get down to Welly to have a go on their track, but the bank balance says NO!

try getting across the strait sometime...bloody expensive couple of km's

One day tho... :yes:

granma2
20th May 2007, 07:58
Granma, how last weekends go? my bikes BROKEN!! :( hopefully i'll make it down for next round, mite have to borrow a bike.
what have ya got?

I wondered why you weren't there.
It was really good. Saturday was slow in the morning, heaps of pocketbikes though, having a hoon round the track.

Sunday was full on racing. Dominic Howe Memorial Cup, 20 laps. Karl Morgan won that.

I have got an MB100/CB100 bike.
It's a four stroke 100cc, so I race it in the F5 class.
The tyres are dodgy at the moment,(rear is only an old hard road tyre).
We are gradually building it up, so it will be lots of fun when it's finished.
What's happened to your bike? You should'nt fall off it so often, aye! LOL :yes:

CM2005
20th May 2007, 17:28
Haha, I KNOW!! :yes: well, its spat the crank seals, and just revs, revs, revs... and the kil switch didnt workm because it was detonating..( like a diesel, igniting under compression without a spark) its going to the shop tomorrow.

Rashika
21st May 2007, 06:43
bloody kill switches...

start of the first BEARS round 2 weeks ago, on the grid waiting to go out, the start guys had us turn off engines to wait. hmmm I thought prob not a good idea but did it anyway, then its time to start...and it wont...and it wont... kickstart, nope...push start nope, more and more push starting, nope.
Rip off the connection/wires etc to the kill switch, and off she goes, only a couple of laps late, but never mind.
Same bloody thing stopped me going out in practice at nelson street race as well, took an hour for a dozen blookes to fix it (tho fix it they did! thanks guys!) ...Bloody kill switch, should be banned! :yes: