PDA

View Full Version : HELP Leaky Bandit!!!!!

Zuki Bandit
13th May 2007, 15:24
Hey there fellow KB'ers

Ive been practicing my take offs and low speed balancing up and down my drive (in first), and petrol seems to be leaking out of the carbs.
It dosent appear to do it when I get out on the road and get the revs up.

I have heard that 250 Bandits need to ridden at high revs, but surely this isnt normal.

Can anyone enlighten me? All I want to do is practice my start offs without petrol pissing everywhere.

Cheers

Zuki:sick:

speeding_ant
13th May 2007, 17:04
Err, that doesnt sound quite right... I rode my bandit for a week without revving it high to see what would happen, and it never leaked petrol. Even after I mucked around with the carbs! It might be a float issue (determines when petrol stops entering the carbs).

Perhaps it would be beneficial to take it to a shop to get them to have a look at the carbs.. I tried fixing my own carbs (crap idle) and it turned into a nightmare. I took it into a reputed bike shop, they spent an hour stripping them, cleaning them, replacing o-rings etc and then balancing). After that everything was nice and smooth.. Carb problems on a bandit is a well known issue, and they can be very sensitive!

Either take it to a shop or you can get someone who knows what they are doing on KB to take a squiz at them!

Be aware that parts can be expensive if something breaks/needs replacing.. Good luck!!

Zuki Bandit
13th May 2007, 17:11
Yeah I think gettin it into the shop would be the best idea.

Thanks for the advice dude!:yes:

speeding_ant
13th May 2007, 17:27
Yeah I think gettin it into the shop would be the best idea.

Thanks for the advice dude!:yes:

No problems. You will probably find that the mechanic will find and fix the issue in no time at all. If it ends up being an expensive part that needs replacing, there is a bandit being wrecked on trademe at the moment. Its a 1999 model with Mikuni carbs. It should be swappable, but might not be if you have a slingshot carb model. Best to check with a Suzuki dealer, they will know.

All the best!

Pwalo
14th May 2007, 11:52
It might just be that one of your cab floats is set incorrectly, or stuck. But honestly those carby things are so yesterday.