PDA

View Full Version : Cold Duck 2007

dogsnbikes
13th May 2007, 21:38
On friday the 11th with the help of U4EA i lost my virginity:bye: :bye:

Finally my first ever bike rally and we were on our way...Leaving Palmerston North just after lunch expecting to hit rain we struck it lucky and had a dry trip through to Waipawa

where we meet sidecarbob and goblin by chance at the BP.....

of to the campsite to pitch the mansion fit for 2 which was my job as U4ea went seeking burbon :innocent:

As I was rather parched and it was a welcome relief

with the house set up and the burbon in the blood the nite started young and ended just before the next dawn :Punk:

in short it was a great weekend and the rain stayed at bay :rockon:

all I can say is that it wont be my last rally

and as the additions come the story will just get better

dogsnbikes
13th May 2007, 21:43
those of you at the rally will remember the guy with the $200 GN that did the 2up trip from gisborne....he sure was one of the characters of the weekend :Punk:

dogsnbikes
13th May 2007, 21:51
and the last day waking is alot slower today for most but was too become a great day for the ride home.....when those who's bikes wouldnt start due to the cold or flat batteries........and a final burst from the trikers to get things going again :Punk:

chanceyy
13th May 2007, 22:21
glad you guys had a great time .. weather was perfect all weekend. one right outta the books ... :yes:

so glad you lost your virginity :shutup: .. would hate for you never to experience a rally :D :innocent:

Nasty
14th May 2007, 02:54
Sounds like a great time had by all .. good pics ... lets us all in on the experience :)

Krusti
14th May 2007, 09:48
Just a few random pics..

Krusti
14th May 2007, 09:51
Saw these guys carting firewood. Classic :Punk:

u4ea
14th May 2007, 10:54
Saw these guys carting firewood. Classic :Punk:

haha yep that was classic!!!
After arriving there about 3.00 Friday and finding the bar :innocent: it was great to settle in for a long weekend.Saturdy morning(after a very late eve(...where Dogs was up way later than me):rockon: my bike had decided to not start(just battery)and Dogs had gone to ....what I thought go and find another one and pick me up some more smokes.........um well that took him 3 1/2 hours:shutup: !!!!! so I figured he was out finding the backroads and started to mingle with my first beer of the day at about 11.oo:innocent: .The 3 coffees werent working:sick: so it was a hair of a dog cure!!By the time Dogs got back I was well into party mode but early into the night he suffered virginitis :love: and crashed early missing all the fun !!!!but hey whats a girl to do aye!!So with all my mates gathered from around the country side just partied on into the early hours again:innocent: !!Was soo cool to meet Goblin and Sidecar Bob.:yes: .you guys rock!probly bumped into other kbers but wouldnt have known it as with 1500 odd people its a bit hard to spot ya's!!!!:bye:

Checkers
14th May 2007, 15:57
classic shit man im guttered i wasnt there, twas my brothers first rally (rally virgin haha) and he crashed his bandit right in the entrance im told lol classic

blacksheep
14th May 2007, 16:41
classic shit man im guttered i wasnt there, twas my brothers first rally (rally virgin haha) and he crashed his bandit right in the entrance im told lol classicthats not suprising,the turn right onto the main road out of the site was a bit tricky especially first thing in the am:sick:

Goblin
14th May 2007, 17:27
I had the bestest weekend at the 16th Cold Duck! They had record numbers at up to 700 on the Friday night and 1500 odd by Saturday night. Met some Kbers I'd never met before, u4ea, dogsnbikes, doc. Cool to meet you all!....and caught up with some old faces...nadroj, krash69, Krusti & Meon3, RossiGal, froggyfrenchman and fizzer(i think?) and rustys

It's always good to go to these rallies and catch up with friends from all over and meet new friends.:yes:
I didn't have a camera but I'm lovin these pics....thanks dogs and Krusti!:rockon:

ali
14th May 2007, 18:49
:sunny: Was my 2nd " duck " ( missed last year ) was a great weekend, facilities are great, prices for food/ booze reasonable and no attitudes ( at least not that I saw ), music good also. Only one downer, still haven't found my testicles, they appear to have been welded to the tent floor after Sunday mornings frost ( must remember to wear underpants next time ).:innocent:

doc
14th May 2007, 19:32
Just a few random pics.. Cmon Krusty time to come out of the closet your really a twin fan aren't ya ?

Krusti
14th May 2007, 19:36
Cmon Krusty time to come out of the closet your really a twin fan aren't ya ?

Had me thinking too.....I walked around taking random shots of bikes and those are what I came up with!

I imagine a bit like walking through a playboy mansion and only taking pics of guys arses...:shit:

tri boy
14th May 2007, 20:08
Just got back this evening from 5 days on the scrambler, taking in the Duck.
Jesssuss!! I would rate the last 100 odd hours as some of the most memorable in a very long time.:yes:
Those who couldn't make, due to commitments, i will not rub it in.:mellow:
Those who piked out???? SHAME!:shit::nono:
PS .Good to meet you Sunhuntin.

timorang
14th May 2007, 20:13
Evidence of the frost , the event , and Gentle Annie..........

Sorry had some photos which for some reason I cannot upload. Doing something wrong!

madmal64
14th May 2007, 20:13
Yep the Duck is always a good one.
Here are a few pics I took.
Good frost on Sunday morning.
I traveled up on Saturday afternoon. I usually ride with my mates on the V8 trikes but had to work for part of Saturday but all rode home together (ish)
I have got some vids of the Sunday morning trike antics and will post them here if I get it sorted

doc
14th May 2007, 20:15
only taking pics of guys arses...:shit:
Well you said it I didn't. Mod's will have to deal with you eventually.

Krusti
14th May 2007, 20:24
Well you said it I didn't. Mod's will have to deal with you eventually.

:laugh:

oooooooh my knees are shaking :laugh:

I really liked the pick of the Guzzie with a plastic bag over the heads.

:Punk:

krash69
14th May 2007, 20:37
saturday arvo......

krash69
14th May 2007, 20:43
more saturday arvo......

krash69
14th May 2007, 20:49
sunday morning.......

krash69
14th May 2007, 20:55
more sunday morning......

Goblin
14th May 2007, 21:15
more sunday morning......
Fark you were up early!! Did ya piss the sleeping bag?:mellow:

sidecar bob
14th May 2007, 21:19
more saturday arvo......

What the hell is that youre tongueing Goblin?:innocent:

madmal64
14th May 2007, 21:19
As promised trike vids
Robs 5.0lt P76 powered trike. Busted an exhaust valve doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_RM2j56Ko
Garys Lexus V8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-OHSf7bJ5Y

Sorry folks... no sound:angry: These where only shot with my small digi cam.

sidecar bob
14th May 2007, 21:22
more saturday arvo......

Check out "GN Guy" on the Harley, that bloke was the life of the party.

Goblin
14th May 2007, 21:34
What the hell is that youre tongueing Goblin?:innocent:Well we weren't sure...but it didn't smell like fish.:bleh:

krash69
14th May 2007, 21:35
Fark you were up early!! Did ya piss the sleeping bag?:mellow:

hehehehe na i was snoring so i was told hehehehehe

sidecar bob
14th May 2007, 21:37
Well we weren't sure...but it didn't smell like fish.:bleh:

'Long as it didnt taste like arse.:shutup:

krash69
14th May 2007, 21:50
geezzzz ita a family show u too........hehehehe......get a tent hehehehehe

Shadows
14th May 2007, 22:47
As promised trike vids
Robs 5.0lt P76 powered trike. Busted an exhaust valve doing this Garys Lexus V8.

It looks like they were keeping it pretty seemly this year.
Did they get the hard word after last year's hijinks with the little angry man with the muddy tent?

madmal64
14th May 2007, 23:01
It looks like they were keeping it pretty seemly this year.
Did they get the hard word after last year's hijinks with the little angry man with the muddy tent?

Urm....yes they were keeping it seemly. They were told not to do anything on Saturday because the ground was too dry. Went out Sat night when the dew hit the ground but were shut down real fast, so Sunday morning was it.

Catweazle
15th May 2007, 23:10
Here are a few pics of the frost, etc.

nadroj
16th May 2007, 07:36
What the hell is that youre tongueing Goblin?:innocent:

Are you shure you aren't just behind?

sidecar bob
16th May 2007, 07:43
Are you shure you aren't just behind?

No, not in that paticular shot, from memory.:buggerd:

tri boy
16th May 2007, 09:20
Some more piccy's.:yes:

froggyfrenchman
23rd May 2007, 11:19
Was a bloody good rally! I made it in to the local newspaper with my burnout on the flat black tl1000s. If anyone else got pics of that, please post!

Juud
24th May 2007, 17:02
Here's one, is that you froggyfrenchman?

froggyfrenchman
3rd June 2007, 19:42
Here's one, is that you froggyfrenchman?

Alright! yeah thats me... you could have gottn a shot after i got it into topand sat up. The guy standing close to me is the proud owner of said bike, what a good sport
:yes:

Juud
5th June 2007, 08:14
Alright! yeah thats me... you could have gottn a shot after i got it into topand sat up.
:yes:
I'll try to remember next year :p

Did the owner actually ride his bike home? They should have some bike shop on site to change (2nd hand?) tyres.

krash69
6th June 2007, 00:50
hehehehe...check out his rubber build up .....hehehehe

nadroj
6th June 2007, 07:16
'Can just about see the skids!

krash69
6th June 2007, 09:50
hehehehe...are the owner of that almost skid marks pic....hehehehehe

nadroj
6th June 2007, 12:47
Peop's be watching their backs from now on I reckon!

Hailwood
6th June 2007, 20:07
That was my first Duck and definitely one of the highlights..seeing him running in his stubbies after the trikes because his tent was sprayed with mud.....priceless.

Who won the wet t contest this year????

krash69
6th June 2007, 20:59
was won by the year befores winner......

froggyfrenchman
11th June 2007, 18:38
I'll try to remember next year :p

Did the owner actually ride his bike home? They should have some bike shop on site to change (2nd hand?) tyres.

He sure did! Its steel belts let go but the tire was still holding air. So we trimmed the belts back with side cutters and he rode the 25km home on it... verrrrrry slowly! When we put tire levers on the rim, the tire just split down the centre:Punk: