PDA

View Full Version : Look what I got!!

yungatart
14th May 2007, 11:14
After some months of pondering various makes and models, this w/e I got my new wheels! EX 500s Ninja.
The poor thing has had very little use in the last couple of years, so was very lumpy to start with. Mstrs rode it back fom Papamoa on Saturday and it smoothed out over the journey.
I did the RRRS course on it yesterday, was a bit nervous at times....riding outside my licence class, and a totally different style of bike to what I am used to...it made for some interesting moments! Over the day, my confidence on it increased as I got more used to its differences.
But it will stay in the garage until I have my full licence, what an incentive!!

ManDownUnder
14th May 2007, 11:16
Very very nice! Look like a fun ride...

Same goes for the bike too :whistle:

MSTRS
14th May 2007, 11:17

You might be 'in touch with your feminine side' BUT hands off mine!!!

The 500 is a brilliant smaller/midsize bike. Very easy to ride, no nasty quirks or surprises, plenty of go for what it is. Indeed, it is perfect.

kiwifruit
14th May 2007, 11:18
Perfect!
Congrats :D

Cajun
14th May 2007, 11:32
nice yungatart, looked like a good bike.

be great have a good clean

yungatart
14th May 2007, 11:37
be great have a good clean

Oh yea....good job for MSTRS's toothbrush :innocent:

Cajun
14th May 2007, 11:38

hahaha true, i let mstrs's know what knew about gpz from when we had out 87 model

Pwalo
14th May 2007, 11:44
The 'mericans love em. I believe there's a Ninja web site thingy that has lots of hints, mods etc.

Good all rounder, and a nice intro to the sportier side of the riding experience.

Lissa
14th May 2007, 12:09
Very Nice!!! Bet you cant wait to get your full now... how long do you have to wait?

Good on you for doing the RRRS course on it, took me ages to get comfortable on my new bike, certainly didnt take me one afternoon. :)

Gixxer 4 ever
14th May 2007, 12:37
You might be 'in touch with your feminine side' BUT hands off mine!!!

:whistle: :killingme :killingme :jerry:

Storm
14th May 2007, 12:45
Nice bike mate, now for the license to go with it :D
Polish it up good y'hear :bleh:

cowpoos
14th May 2007, 12:45
congrats hun....it matches your hair too!!!!!

DMNTD
14th May 2007, 12:57
....riding outside my licence class...

Bloody rat bag! Naughty! I'd never do such a thing :nono: :dodge: :dodge:

Awesome upgrade ya got yourself there m'dear! How long to wait re license?

MotoGirl
14th May 2007, 13:05
Cool bike! I just love that cherry red colour! :rockon:

MSTRS
14th May 2007, 13:09
How long to wait re license?

End of June, I think. Some time for more practise - mustn't fail eh??

Riff Raff
14th May 2007, 13:10
It suits you hun. Look forward to seeing you riding it.

DMNTD
14th May 2007, 13:12
... mustn't fail eh??

Not an option :sunny:

Drum
14th May 2007, 13:21
Congrats on the new ride YT. Good to see you staying loyal to the Big K.

Chickadee
14th May 2007, 13:22
Looks V nice, congrats on the new addition, vrrrm vrrrm. What will become of the eliminator or have you already found her another home?

Enjoy the new bike sweetie, looking forward to seeing you ride it, you'll pass with flying colours I'm sure.

Ride safe
Chickadee

Maha
14th May 2007, 13:55

You can be a prick sometimes.....:shutup:

Thought you used that for between the toes only....:dodge:

MSTRS
14th May 2007, 15:22
Thought you used that for between the toes only....:dodge:

Shhhh...she doesn't know that I know....Damn - now I'll have to hide a new one.

chanceyy
14th May 2007, 15:27
& very nice it looked yesterday too there tart ...

riding outside license class ... :nono: :nono: :nono: no one in KB does that do they :whistle:

Storm
14th May 2007, 15:33
& very nice it looked yesterday too there tart ...

riding outside license class ... :nono: :nono: :nono: no one in KB does that do they :whistle:

Course not- we dont speed either. Tui anyone? :bleh:

Macktheknife
14th May 2007, 15:38
Looks like a cool bike Girl, well done and enjoy it.

Maha
14th May 2007, 15:54
Shhhh...she doesn't know that I know....Damn - now I'll have to hide a new one.

Cant hide anything from Ninjatart....she will seek Grasshopper....!

Mrs Busa Pete
14th May 2007, 17:14
Cool looking bike there ninja Nana and I'm really please you done rrrs on it so when you are allowed to ride it legally you will be able to have a bit more confident on it.:rockon:

MidnightMike
14th May 2007, 17:22
Man, that looks pretty awesome, enjoy it!

btw, you didnt buy it from up in the bop did ya?

Paul in NZ
14th May 2007, 17:31
Pah! Just like a woman to purchase a good looking sensible motorcycle...

Paul N

actually - I rather LIKE the look of that - well done!

Hitcher
14th May 2007, 18:37
Ninjaaaaaaaaa! Whoar. And red. I hear that there's a bit of that going around lately.

Blondini
14th May 2007, 18:40
I hope you have loads of fun on it.Nice bike:yes:

yungatart
14th May 2007, 18:46
Can't be fagged doing the multi quote thing...so here goes.
I didn't buy it to match my hair - never even crossed my mind - guess I can't change my hair colour now without changing my bike !!!!!
I can't sit my full until June 22 - but I need heaps more riding before I can sit and pass, and we all know that failing is not an option.
I refuse to be known as NinjaNana!
It was purchased from Papamoa, do you know the bike?
I guess in time we will sell the EL, still need her at the mo' tho.....give us a few weeks and she will be looking for a new home tho.
Very sensible bike - as befitting my nana status, but just red enough to yell loudly at car drivers, pedestrians etc.
I tell you, tho, she looks mighty tempting........:nono: :nono:

Toaster
14th May 2007, 18:56
new bike woohoo!!

Meekey_Mouse
14th May 2007, 19:02
Congrats yungatart :D I'm sure your gunna have heaps of fun on it :Punk:

Scorpygirl
14th May 2007, 19:06
Congrats on the new baby Janet!!! Awesome. I am sure you are going to have to lots and lots of fun!! :yes: :scooter: NinjaNana rules!!! :dodge:

Nasty
14th May 2007, 19:07
Great looking bike for a great looking lady .. congrats tart :)

u4ea
14th May 2007, 19:19
coolies YT!!!!!!!good to see youve stepped up to a 500cc....enjoy!!!!:rockon:

riffer
14th May 2007, 21:16
Yup. Nice indeed. :yes:

Two bikes now. What next. A wee trailee?

Enjoy getting used to the new ride.

yungatart
14th May 2007, 21:19
It's ok Riffer, I promise I'll sell one, when it is surplus to requirements.....not until I get my full tho

gijoe1313
14th May 2007, 21:59
W00t! :woohoo: Wowowowow... new bike in the gargre! A sprotsbiker in the making - and ninja boot camp training all in one.

Vurry nice, makes me go all tingly when new bikes are mentioned.. McJim's new ride, yours ...

surfchick
15th May 2007, 20:23
thats coooool enjoy ...
hmmm can't imagine it staying in ze garage ...
it will want to be on the road no matter what license says...:devil2:

yungatart
16th May 2007, 10:02
thats coooool enjoy ...
hmmm can't imagine it staying in ze garage ...
it will want to be on the road no matter what license says...:devil2:

Hmmm, I know what you mean....however I have been hung by the tongue.
Some time ago someone posted a thread on here about what you as a parent would do if your son came home with a new bike that was outside his licence class, I responded with "make him park it up in the garage until he had the required bit of paper". Unfortunately, we in our home, have chosen to lead by example.......

NZsarge
16th May 2007, 10:05
Cool! I like it. Enjoy. :rockon:

surfchick
16th May 2007, 11:47
Some time ago someone posted a thread on here about what you as a parent would do if your son came home with a new bike that was outside his licence class, I responded with "make him park it up in the garage until he had the required bit of paper". Unfortunately, we in our home, have chosen to lead by example.......

oh no it's a bummer your kids are too big to see & hear the difference... you could leave the kitchen and say..just popping out on the li'll ol' bike & really get on the nice new, big illegal fun one...:Punk:

MSTRS
16th May 2007, 11:50
oh no it's a bummer your kids are too big to see & hear the difference... you could leave the kitchen and say..just popping out on the li'll ol' bike & really get on the nice new, big illegal fun one...:Punk:

Said son is not deaf, blind or stupid...no fooling him (unfortunately)

nadroj
16th May 2007, 12:47

Sorry HXC NanaNinja has spoken!

yungatart
3rd June 2007, 10:29
Well, so much for that!
I have had a rotten cold for weeks so haven't been riding at all, that is, until yesterday on our weekly HB kb ride.
Looked at the Ninja, looked at the EL....nah, feck it, I took the Ninja, despite all my lofty ideals, despite leading hXc by example rather than words, despite everything I said, I just couldn't leave it parked up!
It is great! Feels planted on the road, has plenty of pull in top gear for me to be able to pass slow traffic, corners smoothly, comfortable to ride, controls are easy to find, dials are easy to read....its fabulous!
When we got home, Mstrs shifted the poor little EL to the furtherest corner of the gargre out of the way,I will ride the Ninja instead and I will just borrow hXc's Spada when I sit my full.
Yep! I'm a naughty girl....but only if I get caught, right????

MSTRS
3rd June 2007, 10:59
Being on a bike larger than your licence allows should only be a problem if you can't handle it. You can. End of story.

James Deuce
3rd June 2007, 12:37
Sweet!

Kind of confirms what I think about the 250 laws too. Mid-sized bike like that with good handling and accessible power is a lot easier to ride than a 250 that needs an "enthusiastic" riding style, particularly with the throttle.

Fatjim
3rd June 2007, 12:55
Hey, M and Y, do you guys ever talk face to face? I bet you both wear KB teeshirts to bed eh?

nice bike BTW youngertart.

MSTRS
3rd June 2007, 13:01
Nothing's worn in bed. The spirit is willing tho....

yungatart
3rd June 2007, 13:04
Hey, M and Y, do you guys ever talk face to face? I bet you both wear KB teeshirts to bed eh?

nice bike BTW youngertart.

Thanks!
As for talking face to face..sheesh, I married him, I don't have to talk to him too, do I?

surfchick
14th June 2007, 22:02
you don't need the gvt or ltnz to tell you when you are a good rider cause you kno you're the bomb right from the start... paperwork be damned :devil2: :devil2:

yungatart
15th June 2007, 08:21
you don't need the gvt or ltnz to tell you when you are a good rider cause you kno you're the bomb right from the start... paperwork be damned :devil2: :devil2:

Aaah, errrr, ummm, you haven't seen me ride, have you? Good rider, no!!
Da bomb, definitely not!
The nanareast of nana riders ..absolutely!! Especially now that Ixion isn't around to argue the point with me.
Mind you, I am a better rider on the ninja than I was on the EL.

Silverfern
19th June 2007, 21:30
Hi Youngtart well done on buying a gorgeous bike, looks in much better nick than mine. Here is that site re EX's http://www.ex-500.com/.
They are a friendly lot on that site, vey much like us here :) What year is it, a 1995?

yungatart
20th June 2007, 08:12
Hi Youngtart well done on buying a gorgeous bike, looks in much better nick than mine. Here is that site re EX's http://www.ex-500.com/.
They are a friendly lot on that site, vey much like us here :) What year is it, a 1995?

Yep, its a 95! I love it! It has had a respray at some time, but is really tidy.
Thanks for the link, will pop in there one day when I have time.

cindymay
20th June 2007, 19:32
Very nice looking bike. Must change mine for something more exciting sometime soon.:yes:

shafty
20th June 2007, 21:19
Nice choice/cool bike/well done/enjoy!