PDA

View Full Version : Cat survives 35 days in crate of crash helmets

Bob
15th May 2007, 00:28
When Eric Congdon, the owner of Olympia Moto Sports in North Carolina took delivery of a crate of motorcycle helmets, he received an unexpected cargo – a cat.

Weak, but alive, the cat had survived 35 days in the crate since it shipped from Shanghai.

Congdon immediately took the cat to a local vet, Michelle Misavage who said “Usually we say that animals can only survive a few weeks without food and only a few days without water. The theory is that cats have such good kidneys their bodies adjust to the lack of water and somehow they received small amounts of moisture from condensation."

Another colleague plans to adopt the cat, once it has been vaccinated and quarantined.

ZeroIndex
15th May 2007, 01:23
Wow, that's amazing... what type of helmets were they?

JimO
15th May 2007, 06:55
Wow, that's amazing... what type of helmets were they?

smelly..........

ZeroIndex
15th May 2007, 07:14
smelly..........

lol.......

Ronin
15th May 2007, 07:36
They will never fog up though.

Cat Crap

Chickadee
15th May 2007, 14:35
Poor kitty cat, hope it makes a full recovery. And I'd say the helmets might have a bit of a smelly cat aroma despite packaging.

I know my folks cats crapped themselves, both needed a bath as they slipped over in their 'business' while they were in their pet transportation crates for flying down to Nelson when my folks moved South. Poor wee buggers in a crate only a few hours - that was hard enough let alone 35 days for this cat!

Wonder how the cat got in the shipment in the first place?

Smorg
15th May 2007, 15:09
It might have managed to take two shits in that crate unless of course it was eating helmet lining or something.