PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Down/Round, etc?

Freebird
16th May 2007, 08:45
Anyone know the name of the show that aired around the same time as "The Long Way Round", (at least it did in the UK) about a group of guys on old trail bikes (Yam XT500 I think) doing a similar trip with no back-up and limited funds? It was a great show, not that I would take anything away for Ewan and Charley, I think The Long Way Round was great :rockon: and have watched it many times, but these guys were tough sleeping under bridges of the Trans Siberian Railway :yes: . I would really like to get hold of this if anyone has seen it and knows where I could get hold of it please get in touch. :Punk:

I think Horizon might have been in the name but I’m not sure

Blackbird
16th May 2007, 09:45
Hi Davey

Just thinking of the "Horizons" link, it wasn't connected with this website, was it? http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/intro.php

Cheers,

Geoff

S&S
16th May 2007, 09:52
Sounds like a great watch, I loved Long Way Round, will be keen to find out more about this other world trip. If ya track down the DVD let us know where to get it from.

Roj
16th May 2007, 11:02
I liked the long way round, :scooter:

maybe a group of KBers could do the "long white cloud" I have been meaning to find time to ride the south island but life gets in the way

Blackbird
16th May 2007, 11:42

maybe a group of KBers could do the "long white cloud" I have been meaning to find time to ride the south island but life gets in the way

Quite a few KB'ers have done the Southern Cross endurance ride - guess that's close to the "Long White Cloud"!

Disco Dan
16th May 2007, 11:44
Anyone know the name of the show that aired around the same time as "The Long Way Round", (at least it did in the UK) about a group of guys on old trail bikes (Yam XT500 I think) doing a similar trip with no back-up and limited funds? It was a great show, not that I would take anything away for Ewan and Charley, I think The Long Way Round was great :rockon: and have watched it many times, but these guys were tough sleeping under bridges of the Trans Siberian Railway :yes: . I would really like to get hold of this if anyone has seen it and knows where I could get hold of it please get in touch. :Punk:

I think Horizon might have been in the name but I’m not sure

Seen it aired on sky a few times.... Discovery channel.

peasea
16th May 2007, 12:20

Twice I've gone from the North Shore, over the wet bit and toured the Mainland. I love it so much I'm moving there at year's end. MAKE TIME! Go there, you'll never regret it. If you want more info on my two tours PM me, I documented it (casually)and took a fair amount of pics. The first trip was with an old buddy of mine, the next with my lady. It would have been neat to video it but then you'd need a full-on crew to do it justice. Good plan though.... Two bikes per trip was cool but a small group would be good, I'm sure, it's just a mish getting everyone to agree on the route, the timing and work commitments etc.

Disco Dan
16th May 2007, 12:26
Twice I've gone from the North Shore, over the wet bit and toured the Mainland. I love it so much I'm moving there at year's end. MAKE TIME! Go there, you'll never regret it. If you want more info on my two tours PM me, I documented it (casually)and took a fair amount of pics. The first trip was with an old buddy of mine, the next with my lady. It would have been neat to video it but then you'd need a full-on crew to do it justice. Good plan though.... Two bikes per trip was cool but a small group would be good, I'm sure, it's just a mish getting everyone to agree on the route, the timing and work commitments etc.

Sounds like my tour of west auckland? ...otherwise known as 'nipping up to the shop'.... :shutup:

Freebird
16th May 2007, 12:58
I think I've found it, think this is it
http://www.aimimage.com/shop.php?section=1
Mondo Enduro

Thanks Geoff found it of a link from Horizon Unlimited

Blackbird
16th May 2007, 13:37
I think I've found it, think this is it
http://www.aimimage.com/shop.php?section=1
Mondo Enduro

Thanks Geoff found it of a link from Horizon Unlimited

Good-oh! Well if you actually get permission to buy it, I'll swap you for a wee while with Clarkson's latest book :innocent:

Freebird
16th May 2007, 14:11
This is it and I think I might be able to get hold of it, I'll try tonight and let you know how I get on. If not its 14 GBP plus shipping from the UK.