PDA

View Full Version : New Bike

wkid_one
7th July 2003, 11:32
Well - having 95% secured a new job - with a car - a new bike is the order of the day........and I would like some help.

I am looking to race F1 in the summer series - and want a new bike to do it on (yes I am soft and don't want to do the winter series.....I don't ride in the wet on the weekend - why the hell would I want to race in it?).  I am looking at the CBR954, R1 or Gixxer - what is everyones thoughts?  And before anyone comments - I am not going Duc, Aprilia, MV etc - why spend more money for inferior power and excess weight!  I am looking for a 170kg, circa 150hp bike.......racing remember.

The catch is - I also want to retain the ability to street circuit the bike and road ride it - so am leaning towards the Gixxer (for Power) or 954 (for Handling).  I find the R1 too skittery.  Both have good write ups - depending on who the magazine has allegances to.  In saying that the new 'blade (notbeing called that) - is coming out in the CBR600RR frame - fuck me I am too big!.

Coldkiwi
7th July 2003, 12:33
how about a new ZX-6R and enter into the production 600 class? I've seen one of the AMCC marshalls with one when it first arrived (lanky bloke like yourself!) and he didn't seem to think the size was a problem. It would probably give you more top end than the VTR and the braking/handling is apparently beyond question. and it comes in green! :D

Dave
7th July 2003, 12:57
Oh to be stuck in your dilemma,thats like should i shag the dallas cowboy cheerleaders or play hide the sausage on the set of charmed.
For my money,i'd buy the ex. ray clee gsxr600 thats for sale at the moment.or strouds gsxr1000 from last year-that would have some cred.at the street drags!

SPman
7th July 2003, 19:30
Who's Yoshi  GSXR1000 is that, for sale in Colemans ? That would be fun.

gazza
7th July 2003, 21:17
hi Dan

congrates on new job, hope you are planing to pay me for the front motorcycle stand i made for you before spending all the money you havent earnt yet on another bike you wont be able to ride properly

Gazza

KiwiDan
8th July 2003, 08:03
size does matter, to be afective and have the chance to progress dont buy a bike thats gonna hold you back further down the rd.

read the bike tests, the testers no what there talkin about.

I cant say what the new honda blade will be like , might be a goodin if ya wanna wait for it to be tested against the others available.

Everyone has their fav , but the testers have spoken, Gixxer K3 beats all no question, to ignor there findings seems rather stupid, and taking into acount , you want to race, y would you buy something below par.

kiwistorm
8th July 2003, 08:27
You may be better off with the Honda - easier to ride fast

Duke of Rogan
8th July 2003, 08:47
Originally posted by gazza
hi Dan

congrates on new job, hope you are planing to pay me for the front motorcycle stand i made for you before spending all the money you havent earnt yet on another bike you wont be able to ride properly

Gazza

LOL! :D :D :Oops:

750Y
8th July 2003, 10:13
2003 GSXR1000 ...nuff said.
You know You want it.
in fact I think You MUST have it now, You need one.
:D

for value i'd go the r1 which is $19k at redbaron. but you'll be watching those pesky thous fly past on the straights every time unless Your name is Tony Rees.

bluninja
8th July 2003, 10:25
WKID, somebody posted that you should get the bike that you can ride fastest. I'd go with this....though that would probably mean I should downgrade to a 150.

Journos, don't always know what they are talking about, and are either being paid, or have a particular inclination to a certain bike. If you are going to keep it, develop it, and race it for many years then look at the bike with the best potential for development. At Manfield last time (where were you) in F1 an R1 was gobbled up by a 600. It had heeaps of power but wasn't getting round the technical bits well due to rider (or bike setup).

Anyway you'll probably go out and get a K3.

TTFN

750Y
8th July 2003, 11:54
an R1 was gobbled up by a 600. It had heeaps of power

There are some quick 600s around and some very fast riders on them too. I've seen an 02 gsxr600 running with an 02 R1 round Pukekohe. neither one was hanging about but the R1 couldn't shake the 6 hundy. A real eye opener for me when I thought the R1 was the unltimate. I still maintain it's great value at 19k tho as a roadbike.

wkid_one
8th July 2003, 17:24
Thanks all...rode the K3 again today and the Honda......most likely going the K3 - waiting for Wellington Motorcycles to get a silver one in to see what they look like in the flesh.  Trying to get a titanium and black 954 bought in.   

Tried the R1 again along side the other two - nice but too skittery.  Hmmm - now if only Honda would get their arse in to gear and bring out a true thou - I love the shape of the 954 and engine of the Gixxer...

wkid_one
8th July 2003, 17:28
PS - Dan - I don't think I will wait for the new 'blade - I had enuf trouble contorting myself on the new CBR600RR - given it is using the same frame I will have a shit show fitting on it.

Also - it is interesting - I have read tests that have placed each bikes differently.   I wouldn't say the gixxer is all conquering - in fact if you based on the testers speaking - you wouldn't know what bike to choose.  I have two articles here that contradict one another on which bike is best - both from UK mags

The Gixxer suits your riding style agreed - and you have a personal preference to Suzuki.....however many testers oppose the view that the GSXR is the King....

Honestly - I like the engine of the Gixxer - but it looks boring.

wkid_one
8th July 2003, 17:29
PPS - Gazza - fallen off your bike again yet caus you can't touch the ground?

KWAKADUDE
8th July 2003, 20:11
LOL

this is funny! :D

Proof is in the pudding!

Now that you had made you discission Wicked One, when do you pick up your bike.

I assume within the next two weeks by all the soul searching you and others have been doing.

Get the bike and post the pics - then post the pics when its all raced prepared. If your getting the K3 you no doubt will go and see Brian Bernard to tweak it for ya.

Wish i could buy a new bike! - I'm not saying anything until I have cash in hand and have made my final discission.

rubber shredder
8th July 2003, 20:16
Originally posted by suzukirider
Wicked One..

I think that I have riden with you at Manfield earlier this year.

Have you ever raced before?

I'm a bit concerned that you will be getting in over your head.

I know your a big bloke but perhaps riding F3 would be better suited to you finding your feet on the track.

Play days are fun but from what I saw, your far from ready to line up in a F1 race.

Wicked, is this true?

I have looked back over your postings and you go on like youve been racing for years and years?

How long have you been riding/ racing for?:confused:

Kwaka-Kid
8th July 2003, 20:19
It is funny indeed!

aww poor Wkid1, get him off the griller boys!  its all good - although i havnt seen him on the track i know that on the street he rides pretty hard :S

Yeah i say start off in F3 alongside me, or mostly likly 2 laps ahead of me by the end of 10 odd laps,  but hey, im willing to learn and try hard.

ohh my little F3 bike is coming along quite well now...  oh, one thing, when i opend the airbox she is full of air and not of any sponge... i am after a stock filter again i presume (just to start with) i think, unless you guys advise otherwise? where should i go? :S

KWAKADUDE
8th July 2003, 20:51
Question:

How the hell do you race a VTR competitely anyway? or do you have a race bike as well?

gazza
8th July 2003, 21:02
lol

kiwistorm
8th July 2003, 21:05
LOL

PMPL!

georgedubyabush
8th July 2003, 22:57
dont know if anyone's interested but here's a heads-up. Someone selling gsxr1000 race parts off trademe:

"Dismantiling ex-Suzuki road race team superbike. Ohlins front and rear, Yoshi exhaust etc, etc. Complete bike less the motor and wheels." offers

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Cars-Boats-Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts-Accessories/classified-134209.htm

wkid_one
8th July 2003, 23:09
Unlikely - I have only just returned to Wellington and been on the track for the first time about 8 weeks ago.

I know there is another guy floating around on a Yellow VTR....

May as well start in the class I want to be in......don't mind chasing tail lights for a while...need a bigger bike for comfort and power to weight

Dave
9th July 2003, 09:07
If your joining the racing scene for the first time seriously,buy an old bike-if you want a k3 gsxr buy it for the road.If you get into F1 or basically anything, your going to have a long hard road of getting up to speed,it would be 3 years before you could exploit the advantages of a K3 or any new 1000 on the track, so better off to keep the money in the bank until such time. Buy an older bike (97/98) and get out there and do a stack of laps.Crashing/repairing a current model bike is only worth the cost if you need the extra power/handling.
Good on you for going straight onto the big bikes-people have done it before.You only need to improve yourself every time you hop on, and in 2-3 years time the wins should start coming.
I admire the fact that you didn't get defensive with the bashing you seemed to just get- I probably would have.

suzukirider
9th July 2003, 09:24
Correct it was 8 weeks ago!

You said you were going to do the summer rounds, so I'll see you there. :buggerd:

rubber shredder
9th July 2003, 09:27
Good luck as learning how to race with 160 bhp @ 170 kg (standard) is a little more tricky than 110 bhp @ 200kg that you have been playing around with.

Those VTR's only have a top speed of 240kph dont they?

When are you getting the K3? :brick:

750Y
9th July 2003, 09:45
Just had a private email telling me that Wicked has only been riding a sports bike for 2 years!!!!!!!!!

I find that hard to believe, my impression was that Wkid-one was a very experienced & skilled rider.

Who's whispering in the background? that's what the forum's for and plus it gives people a chance to respond.

Dave
9th July 2003, 10:20
This ain't a court room man!

Gixxer
9th July 2003, 10:37
seems there are a few people willing to shot him down then help him out.

sad

bluninja
9th July 2003, 10:45
Interesting the concern about the 2 years experience bit.....but then I know WKID does about 10-20 times the Ks I do on the road (at the moment). So is it the length of time riding, or the quantity and quality of riding that matters most? Or does aptitude and talent also play a part?

My choice to start racing was to go for an SV650, and start in Clubmans then F3. That suits my temperament (and size) and the type of racing I want to do. If WKID wants to go straight to F1 so be it.

As an interesting aside; at R1 of the Pacific series a guy on  a GSF1200 went into clubmans, trounced us and was put into F1 where he went around , not competitive with the 'proper' sportsbikes but racing at the tail, and the same at Manfeild last round. Another guy on a race prepped TL1000 at Manfeild R1 was moved out of clubmans to F1 and he then crashed and damaged his bike.....I don't remember him being there at R2.  So 2 racing novices moved out of clubmans into F1 with differing results.

TTFN

750Y
9th July 2003, 11:53
This ain't a court room man!

lol

20 lashes for You!
i spose You thought i said 20 LAPS, You'd probably like it too you sick racing man.

:D

Dave
9th July 2003, 13:36
Truth be known, there's an italian chap with the surname rossi that hasn't got too many years of riding under his belt either!

As for the 20 lashes-BRING IT ON
i'll bring the soap

750Y
9th July 2003, 14:25
LOL

on the NEW BIKE subject,
Red Baron are doing pretty good prices on new bikes
of note
03 zx636 $16k
02 R1 $19k
02 zx9r $19k
I'm not sure if there are any more 02 1ks for 20k but if so they'll probably be able to be grabbed for $19 + orc.
I think the last of the 03 1k's will probably be on special later this year if there's any left that is.

unfortunately I will not be getting any of them so I'm just day-dreaming really, but I've got enough to keep me on my toes for a looong time so can't complain.

suzukirider
9th July 2003, 15:32
Perhaps take your own advice!

Originally posted by wkid_one
HP means fuck all if you can't ride the bike (those with delicate ears, please excuse my french). How many of us have seen people outridden by people on less powerful bikes?

No point having power if you can't turn and stop - in fact if your bike doesn't do these effectively - having more power is more trouble than help.

At that level of racing it is more about maintaining corner speed than outright power.

Mitch
9th July 2003, 16:47
WELL WELL WELL don't the boys have their claws out in here :D   I LIKE IT!!!!!

There is some common ground between several men on this site!!!!!  Like to talk but when it comes to the crunch there is a definate shortage of action!!!!!

Wkid_one may be taking abit of a bashing however that is what happens when you come across like you know all having never been in a race.

QUOTE wkid_one wrote

May as well start in the class I want to be in......don't mind chasing tail lights for a while...need a bigger bike for comfort and power to weight
In racing there are no tail lights to follow!!

bluninja
9th July 2003, 16:58
Ooooo Mitch that's a bit harsh.......there's still tail lights on some bikes in clubmans :D

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2003, 17:02
jesus!   not even mitch shows any mercy - and shoots him down with a lame joke!!

ouuuhhh thats gotta hurt!

/me is just a spectator,  and i bet even whlist on my racebike in a race(oneday) i may aswell be a spectator, i could be a camera man! id go slow enough not to blurr the camera, lol!

poor WKID,  its all good man :D  i have faith in you :)

Mitch
9th July 2003, 17:08
We all know it's not personal!!!!!!

Tis just fun  :D:p

:niceone:

Coldkiwi
9th July 2003, 17:30
he's gone all quiet hasn't he!

I agree... the beggar gets in lots more riding than me (quite impressive given that I do at least 25 km to and from work each day).. but then, until recently he hasn't had a job to hold him down either and I can assure you I would've been out on the road many times in the last few months during the day if i hadn' been in the office!!

good on ya for upgrading Dan... just beware the highside! I've never had a major scare (small ones yes) but from what I've seen on telly and read, its definiely pant browning territory that is not unfamiliar to the bikes you're lookign at! (ok, inexperienced punk talking about something he knows f-all about.. I'll shut up...)

p.s, no this is not KK on Coldkiwis nickname :P

rubber shredder
9th July 2003, 17:48
Lets face it Guys, we all have all exagerated the truth from time to time (well when we were 17 anyway)

Wicked, even if your riding career is a bit on the sparce side -
Having only had a couple of bikes, riden for two years and only had a couple of "track days".

Good on ya, get into it.

By the bike of your dreams and enjoy it.

Perhaps your dream of racing F1 is a bit tall, but hey we look forward to the results. I assume you will be doing your first ever clubmans race first?

I would ask however AND THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE:
If your not really up with the play, please dont give others advice when your not in a position to do so. it can be dangerous and unfair to those who are asking for it.

I hope you get your bike soon!
:rockon:

KWAKADUDE
9th July 2003, 17:52
Good on ya Rubber, well said!

bluninja
9th July 2003, 18:11
Maybe we should all get NZQA accredited before we spout on the forum about bikes....or perhaps we should append our experience and qualifications after every piece of advice. Get real:cool:

If I'd listened to all the advice I got I would have been riding a post classic.....and all those guys had been riding for years and years and years and years.

BTW Chris Walker races WSB with a conventional gear shift pattern because he prefers to ride that way.

TTFN

Hoon
9th July 2003, 18:55
Yeah all you guys are just jealous coz WKIDs getting a new Gix1K (damn u lucky bastard!:)).  I'd get the copper one myself but hey....

I don't know whether F1 is a good class tho, especially if you want to keep your bike streetable too.  Also you have to consider whether you are prepared to deal with the consequences if you crash it.  Your dream could easily become your worse nightmare.  I'd just use it for street & track days and get an F3 crasher for racing.  Then you can hang out at the rear of the F3 grid with the rest of us F1 wannabes!

Disclaimer: Yeah I don't know shit but on the internet I can pretend I do :)

rubber shredder
9th July 2003, 19:24
Bluninja - agreed it is hard to draw the line when posting opinions but there comes a time when ya just gotta pull ya head in and I think that time has come!:

My best is 4 1/2 hours Wellington to Auckland -

:stupid:

Ho-Hoon:
If someone says they have done or are going to do something - do you believe them? If he gets a new K3, I'll be bloody amazed!

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2003, 20:36
firstly: WHO EVER MADE THAT STATEMENT ABOUT BEING 17 i will hunt you down and steal your tyres! :P  and hey, im 18 soon anyways so it wont feel like its all about me :( hahahah!

secondly: No i dont think the way to go is to tell idiots like me to stop giving advice - if we are dumb enough to give it when we dont know crap, then i think we are too dumb to understand your post and try to obide by it... i think the way to take the advice you think is best... Its a life-long needed skill, without it you will most likly wakeup oneday in bed in the middle of australia with a dog beside you and a harley parked outside.  -poor beggers.

lastly:WKID1: Your best being 4 1/2 hours Auckland to Wellington - ive heard of JUST over 4, a good 20 years ago on a bloody Z1 with Cheng Shin rim protector style tyres and worse roads....   But good man, you are getting there :) (god knows i most probably could only do it in 8hours, if i made it at all :P ) haha

P.S most things i have said here that some people could take offence to is only ment in jest,  So on we shall live.

Quaker
9th July 2003, 20:54
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
lastly:WKID1: Your best being 4 1/2 hours Auckland to Wellington - ive heard of JUST over 4, a good 20 years ago on a bloody Z1 with Cheng Shin rim protector style tyres and worse roads....   But good man, you are getting there :) (god knows i most probably could only do it in 8hours, if i made it at all :P ) haha

I did the Wellington to Auckland ride in just a little over 11 hours, riding my old SRX600S.

Given I took the the 3A instead of the 3(muahahahahahahaha) and had about 50kg in a back pack on my back, I think it was a pretty good time :-)

Had some times that will live long in my memory.

Totally worth it.

KiwiDan
9th July 2003, 21:58
When I joined this club I was the 5th member to join.

I thought it was a grt idea and spankme has done a grt job BUT,,,, it has become a site for talkers , tossers and people who ,and I have seen,, cant ride let alone race.

I know everyone has jobs and family to think of and cant always make it to a posted ride but the amount of bullshit talk just amazes me.

Ive been growled for overtaking someone whilst doing a small powerstand, I didnt intend to do the wheelie, I simply had to pass the person in front because they were painfully slow,,,, NO NAMES ...

Ive riden with some fast ppl , some talented ppl, some ppl who with experience will become fast and talented, some ppl who admitt they like life in the slow lane and thats fine by me, but by the way some ppl talk, and these are ppl I know, ppl I have ridden with, and there are quite a few in this club of talkers, ppl dare I say it,, SHOULD NOT BE ON A BIKE..:argh:

PS, just have to look at the number of post under ppl's names to no who the talkers and riders are:argh::argh:

gazza
9th July 2003, 22:23
right on the money kiwidan

i joined this club to meet some fellow bike riding people after being away over seas for a while but have notice that alot of them are talkers not doers.

after going on a couple of there rides and being told i am mad and dangerous i have decided to go back to riding with the people i know and trust riding around and have met a few more good riders along the way

kiwistorm
9th July 2003, 22:29
:niceone:

Yep, some great ideas, genuine questions, rider info and ride dates posted on here.

Well done "Spank Me" keep up the good work.

In the end its not hard to work out who is genuine and who's trying to self promote or waste peoples time.

KWAKADUDE
9th July 2003, 22:31

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2003, 22:32
*looks under name*  damn! guess im one of 'em :p

hmm, i agree with some of what you have to say Dan, however i dont exactly think the post thing is true - If you ask me SPman is a great rider and has posted alot - but alot of it has been incredibly helpful stuff, and he is merely sharing his wisdom.  Also this site (i know i know i sound like im trying to defend myself dont i?) is no longer just about riding you bike with others in the weekend,  It has become a home to technical issues, aswell as the Rave On sector (things other then bikes).

secondly (and i dont mean to just keep trying to anti-your ideas) If you are saying these talkers shouldnt be on a bike then i feel you, ahead of all these talkers shouldnt be on a bike, but thats not for me to judge :).  Riding a bike means lots of different things to different people, and saying the "talkers" group of them shouldnt be on a bike imho is immature (haha this coming from *i think* the youngest member (17)) and just plain old nasty :)  - be friendly people! :)

argh, lost my trail of thought halfway through that and cant continue, need to jump offline and make a phonecall rather fast - will check here later for the abuse - cheers guys :done:

rubber shredder
9th July 2003, 22:37
I just want to know what the punishment is for being full of shit and sprung on this site????
:roadkill:

Mitch
9th July 2003, 22:55
Hey Shredder I think this is the punishment in itself!!  We are all full of shit and getting sprung is simply a matter of time. 

:whocares: 

Just have to try and take it as well as you give it!!  :cool:

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2003, 22:56
hahahah!! :niceone:  shred!

ahh im back again... this has turned out to be an interesting topic...

Oh and one thing.. about the whole being complained at and told ur a mad rider etc for some of you here...  It seems to me alot of you pride yourself etc in being told this anyway and just makes you feel more special :)  and if not, bah, just take the telling off from the slow bugger you dont listen to anyway, it cant be that bad can it?  However i do think somtimes some of you more loose ones could have a little more self control and care a little more for the safety of your fellow rider, just dont be so outgoing right beside them etc, and if it was "an accident" like you said Kiwidan, fair enough, i semi-udnerstand, but this on another small topic:Offtopic: - how can u accidentally pull a noticable wheelie? i mean, when i pulled a tiny (maybe 6inch?) wheelie on the GS1000 (yeah okay shit old slow bike) i knew from 1inch and could have shut off by 2inchs high and nobody would have noticed such a small wheelie esp if they were a bike beside me... To me it shows poor control of the bike, and if you were riding anywhere near ur limits on the bike as to get into a situation where you were out of control beside a fellow rider im not surprised he talked to you about it...  I know i know im only 17 and know shit all, but i was always told if im going to push limits etc do it away from others, they might actually have some remote care for life unlike me :)   - btw im not trying to sound like a nana all concerd, because by all means, do it beside me, hell undertake me @ extreme speeds whilst on one wheel for all i care and ill laugh with you @ the next stop :p

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2003, 23:03
argh mitch u ebat my psot i c...  hahaha  yeah i enjoy the livlyness of this board :)

and yeah its fun to be the minority - i think is because im a teenager etc and its mostly seen to be kool, to often go against the flow.. and here on this board it somtimes means playing alongside the police/saftey etc :P     dunno, thats just my assumption. :done:

EDIT: HEY MITCH! you EDITED UR POST! damn you, hahah the bit about WKID1's silence being deafening

and that I loved it when my ass was on the block

eh what was all that edit about eh girl eh?! :p

wari
10th July 2003, 00:32
For my 50 cents worth... this isn't a club !

It's a forum started to get Kiwi bikers together, riding, talking, encouraging, helping each other out and having some fun. A central point where NZ bikers can meet or get to know others of a similar interest (in bikes of course). The membership has grown quite a bit and there is bound to be a big variety of skill and people type. Just a fact of life. No point in getting down on anyone for their differences or what ever.

I certainly dont read every post / thread . I pick and choose what is of interest. I also haven't been on an organised ride as I'm usually working and I prefer to ride alone or just with a mate or two.

I hope this place doesn't turn into a bunch of squabbling twats ... coz that's not what it was intended for.

KiwiDan
10th July 2003, 06:51
Fair comment by wari, the nail has been hit on the head

Kwaka kid is only 17 ?, so much wisdom.

I spose if ya dont like the programe change the channel,, but for those looking for advise please be careful which idiot ya inlist help or advise from, it might be the death of ya:   argh:

Mitch
10th July 2003, 09:25
 :D   I was trying to be a little less offensive KK............... 

Wkid_ones silence is bloody deafening though and YES KK was the last one to have his ass put on the block!!  And he took it very well. 

Quote KiwiDan wrote                                                                                  Kwaka kid is only 17 ?, so much wisdom.  WHERE ARE YOU HIDING IT KK?

:p:cool:  

bluninja
10th July 2003, 09:48
KiwDan, you didn't bother to mention you were carrying a pillion at the time. Text removed as it was unwarranted. Apolgies to KiwiDan.When you overtook me I was incredibly slow and looking for a place to move over so you could all get by, not that you needed it. I wouldn't have done the overtake...but hey I'm not you.

Other inflammatory text removed......didn't add positively to the debate.

TTFN

What?
10th July 2003, 09:53
Wari, you must have been reading my mind. My thoughts exactly, mate.:niceone:

What I like about this forum is the interchange of ideas. I don't agree with all of them, but they are nonetheless interesting. It is all part of what makes life interesting. If I meet people through this, that is great, and if I don't,:whocares:

And Kiwidan, top marks about who and where you should be accepting advice from, especially when it comes to riding. Anyone looking for advice on riding really should be going to a trainer, but that is not to say that they shouldn't consider other peoples opinions - as long as those opinions are considered carefully and maybe discussed with known experts in the field. Of course, that is just my opinion...

bluninja
10th July 2003, 10:00
What...interesting point about seeing a trainer. Does anyone know of people that do advanced road ride courses in NZ? Or of road race schools tuition? Maybe this should go in another topic....advice welcomed :D

TTFN

Dave
10th July 2003, 10:03
Brian bernard is available to hire for coaching.
If you give me $200 i'll follow you round for a day!
Also MNZ used to do Road race training-don't know if they still do or not.

NhuanH
10th July 2003, 10:36
KBers, construe this as shit talking or what you like, especially since I am still bikeless after totalling my Gixxer, but here's what I reckon would suit WKID if he wants an F1 bike that's also road capable.

I think it was in the early stages of this thread when someone might have mentioned the Ray Clee prepped Gixxer Thou's at Colemans up here.  The roadgoing one is pretty trick with Yoshi internals, full system and EMS controller, plus suspension internals I think.  And it looks so stealth - only overexcited trainspotters (bikespotters?) like us here would even see/hear the Yoshi system.  I think that the road plastics were never used so it looks pretty mint.  C'mon: One careful owner, only 2800ks, fastidiously maintained - bargain.

There is also the more balls-to-the-wall track ready Gixxer Thou.

If I was less of a shit talker and was even capable of piloting the Gixxer Thou in OE trim I'd think about the stealth ex RCM Thou.  But since I am (shit talking) and not (capable) I think I'll just lust after that SJ50 - the best selling "motorbike" in the country.  Just my vote for the less trendy 4 cyl brigade! :D

What?
10th July 2003, 10:58
Originally posted by bluninja
What...interesting point about seeing a trainer. Does anyone know of people that do advanced road ride courses in NZ? Or of road race schools tuition? Maybe this should go in another topic....

And so it shall be...

bluninja
10th July 2003, 11:05
Whooops What...I just went and posted a poll and topic about road race coaching. Sorry bud.

TTFN

What?
10th July 2003, 11:14
Thassallright. How could I not forgive someone with a title like yours?? >>> fast talker, slow rider <<<:D

bluninja
10th July 2003, 11:22
Of course that's tongue in cheek......just like my closing comments :D

Ended up being different posts anyway as we are coming from different viewpoints. So that's good.

TTFN

Gixxer
10th July 2003, 13:30
Ack to Well 30min

Gixxer
10th July 2003, 13:49
:Oops: Sorry, that's Auckland CBD to Mt Wellington in 30min, and that was peak traffic as well.

hey KK never thought I would say it, but good onya, real words of wisdom from the young guy.

not everyone is a speed demon, and not everyone wants to go on organised group rides, for my part I like to think I do all right, nowhere near as fast as spankme, but i have out run a few bikes and popped the odd little wheelie overtaking , I like to think that riding a bike is about wanting to do something you like, and belonging to a group like this is to talk to others that are like minded and not about impressing the masses.

keep the peace guys, and if not buy a big gun

Dave
10th July 2003, 14:04
I can get from auckland airport to wellington airport in 50minutes-does that count?

bluninja; Of course that's tongue in cheek

-reminds me of a girl i knew!:love:

KiwiDan
10th July 2003, 15:22
Memory of an elephant bluninja.

Points of order,,,

1..     I can type fast enough to full this forum up with rubbish if I so wished, but most of the time Im biting my tongue.

2..     I saw no point in naming names, it benifitted no one so why do it, a general observation can be of more help rather than pointing out ppl and leaving them out in the cold, which I might add, I dont believe I have ever done, ( correct me if Im wrong ). You put ya self out there, is this a defensive mechanisim ??

3..    Overtaking you makes no diff to me solo or two up,, the adjustment is made automatically and the outcome is the same, its called experience, practice and maybe a little skill. All your movements and reactions should be automatic, natural, fluid, not forced like a dry old crap .If its not second nature , when the shit hits the fan the outcome wont be great,,,, Maybe Death.

Am I wrong ????

SPman
10th July 2003, 17:04
Originally posted by KiwiDan
All your movements and reactions should be automatic, natural, fluid, ----- .If its not second nature , when the shit hits the fan the outcome wont be great,,,, Maybe Death.
Am I wrong ???? 

You are not wrong!

When the shit has hit the fan, its been fully automatic reactions that have kept me alive, upright and able to settle everything down again. Then. I've had the luxury to be able to think about it!

If you have to think about what you are going to do, its normally too late! IMHO

Coldkiwi
10th July 2003, 17:48
30 mins from mt wellington to auck CBD is ok... I normally do howick to CBD in 28-30 in the mornings.. but then I do it every day and I suspect i'm getting WAY too complacent with lane splitting!! doing it in 35 minutes would be much more sensible so good on you for not risking your limbs as much :)

P.s. Any ideas that there is a direct link between number of posts and amount of riding (did I miss the point) is a bit daft. I write heaps cause i have net access at work. I also ride heaps cause I don't have a car and love the thrill of the open road.. but then, kiwidan rides plenty too and has a tenth of the amount of twaddle I've written on here too... so go figure huh?

P.P.s I second Wari. It's not a riding club. It's a forum (and a damn good one). Should be treated as such.

Dave
10th July 2003, 17:50
Aye!

KWAKADUDE
10th July 2003, 18:36
We have sort of gone all over the show with this thread........

To help anyone new looking in, here is the summary:

1. Wicked one is fulla shit and owes money
2. Therefore some genuine posts seem to have entered for no reason - hate that
3. Wicked is pissed at being sprung and is ducking and weaving
4. Blueninja likes to write lots and lots
5. Dave is trying to stay posotive but has a strange leaning towards being whipped!
6. Mitch is totally enjoying the bitch fest and gives it a nice little giggle up
7. Kwaka Kid wants to believe everyone is on the up and up.
8. Rubber put a few extra nails in the coffin.
9. Wicked claim to 4.5 hours Wellinton to Auckland was ripped to bits
10. Kiwidan had a spit about all the disinformation and too much yip yap
11. Blueninja threw all his toys from the cot.
12. Rubber wanted to know what punishment there is for being fulla shit
13. Wickeds lack of responce was deafening!
14. Blueninja runs for cover.
15. Gixxer set about to make love not war
16 Spman nailed a few good points

And these are the days of our lives..............

:p

rubber shredder
10th July 2003, 18:41
I still want to know what the punishment is for being so full of crap!
:roadkill:

suzukirider
10th July 2003, 18:50
LOL

Well done Kwakadude!!!

It will be interesting to see if the members see it in the light it was written or if they get all defensive?

Keep up the good work! :niceone:

bluninja
10th July 2003, 19:18
KWAKADUDE...thanks. I'm well and truly sprung.:o

TTFN

gazza
10th July 2003, 19:35
well done kwakadude you nail it

that was beautiful

KiwiDan
10th July 2003, 19:38
xtremely funny and true, grt stuff kwakadude

bikerboy
10th July 2003, 19:51
Just logged on after a few days fighting the flu and my god...:(

KK, I apologize for all my bad posts about you, your heads screwed on a lot better than a lot of the other "posters" I just dredged through. :niceone:

Boys & Girls, I believe most members have a brain and can spot a braggerd a mile away. I don't need a big brother telling me who to believe or not, who's full of BS etc. Sounds like an opportunity to blow your own horn and very petty.:Offtopic:

So if the pissing contest is over, can we stick to the topics. I was interested in reading various views on wkid-one's bike options from people other than bike jornos. :cool:

Oh, and I hope y'all take this in the spirit it was written and won't get all defensive.:gob:

andy1
10th July 2003, 19:55
ok,

kiwidan i hope that i am not to much of a talker. some people dont even know who i am but i reackon i can be sometimes.
i think that i am able to talk and do the riding, i hope. but one other thing. i know a guy here thats fast but in the wet he is REALLY fast. i think that a good rider needs to be able to ride hard in the dry and hard in the wet! maybe its just me that thinks that but everyone has there own opinion.

p.s kk i am only 17. when you 18??

KiwiDan
10th July 2003, 20:50
Originally posted by andy1
hey kiwidan, what if the bike is smaller than yours? like mine.
i just wanted to know if i should be riding.
since you have seen me riding, and you seem to be the fastest road rider on this site what people are saying.
thanx

ciao ciao

Where did this come from andy ???

Ive said nothing of CC's,,,,gender,,,, style of machine,,,, speed preference,,,,what ever else makes us all unique,, I rode with ya once in real crappy conditions and ya did as well as I did, dont be sensitive.. And Im not the fastest and have made no such claim,,, my statement, for once and for all, was simply that there are ppl giving advise to others that i thought werent qualified.

Nothing was said of who, or what they ride, or male / female or age , right.

andy1
10th July 2003, 21:07
yea sorry bout that!! i was new to the forum and only read one post. yours.
but i have had a second thought and change it.

SORRY!!!!

suzukirider
10th July 2003, 21:17
This has to be the mother of all posts!! Good job!

Originally posted by KWAKADUDE
We have sort of gone all over the show with this thread........

To help anyone new looking in, here is the summary:

1. Wicked one is fulla shit and owes money
2. Therefore some genuine posts seem to have entered for no reason - hate that
3. Wicked is pissed at being sprung and is ducking and weaving
4. Blueninja likes to write lots and lots
5. Dave is trying to stay posotive but has a strange leaning towards being whipped!
6. Mitch is totally enjoying the bitch fest and gives it a nice little giggle up
7. Kwaka Kid wants to believe everyone is on the up and up.
8. Rubber put a few extra nails in the coffin.
9. Wicked claim to 4.5 hours Wellinton to Auckland was ripped to bits
10. Kiwidan had a spit about all the disinformation and too much yip yap
11. Blueninja threw all his toys from the cot.
12. Rubber wanted to know what punishment there is for being fulla shit
13. Wickeds lack of responce was deafening!
14. Blueninja runs for cover.
15. Gixxer set about to make love not war
16 Spman nailed a few good points

And these are the days of our lives..............

:p

Racey Rider
10th July 2003, 21:19
"...................................:whistle: ....................................."

rubber shredder
10th July 2003, 21:20
ANDY1

good on ya. Takes the right sorta bloke to admit to making a mistake in here.

rubber shredder
10th July 2003, 21:25
I couldnt resist - guess what old post I just found!!!!!

NO - I've already done that 3 times this week and am now sick to bloody death of it (and the trucks that take corners on the wrong side of the road!)......scared the shit out of one car driver tho, fully cranked over, knee down round the outside of him - nice!

:Oops:

I wanna be just like him!

Marmoot
10th July 2003, 22:48
How about charity to help poor bloke to ride?
(read: to assist the needy in the pursue of his childhood dream)

10cents per posting donated to the funds to help me buy a rear tire. I really want to ride again with you guys :( :( :(

(P.S. this thread is still not longer than my exhaust thread. C'mon, be creative and get it longer ):niceone:

SPman
10th July 2003, 23:00
(P.S. this thread is still not longer than my exhaust thread. C'mon, be creative and get it longer )

But that means that we are posting and not riding and our totals keep rising and ....and.......

Oh Fuckit :whocares:

babyB
11th July 2003, 01:57
well...ar...what can i say......i've been off line lately thought id catch up on things but

hell is this what happens to people when the cold weather sets in?

or are you all suffering bike withdrawl symptoms?

Duke of Rogan
11th July 2003, 08:48
I gave a following this thread a number of days ago.

What was the outcome of the "new bike" decision I wonder?
and did wkid_one get his new job with car?
if not, this thread was totally pointless (apart from its humour and wind-ups) :beer:

PS. it's reached its 7th page, best we stop feeding this thing before it takes over the interweb??

Mitch
11th July 2003, 08:56
Oh KK you've come so far :D   That was a truely funny post mate!!!   But it sounds like you have a challanger for you role as baby of the forum family  :o  

Where for art thou Wkid_one.   :cool:  

Hey rubber your NASTY :D we might have to change your name to Wkid_shredder  :eek:  

Kwaka-Kid
11th July 2003, 10:06
sorry guys, have been computerless for a few days - and i see uve posted 2 pages worth in those few days! skim read most of it - Mitch, who is my challenger?

and i think KWAKADUDE put in a bloody good summary :D - it must be somthing in the name that makes him to kool ;) :done:

Gixxer
11th July 2003, 10:16
Good call Kwakadude.

I just want everyone to get along...

I will stick with my ACk to Well in 30 mins

but managed a 10min ride from Devonport to CBD at 8:50am last week when I was running late for work.

where is Wkid_1?

Dave
11th July 2003, 18:59
And how do i stop myself from getting 'whipped' further?

rubber shredder
11th July 2003, 23:04
Mitch - I bet your hot and go off like a fire cracker :D

KK keep up the good work! :)

Dave - your a sick puppy (and we can all relate to that) :eek:

Gixxer - your right, where the hell is Wicked_one?:whocares:

P.s. I'm as pissed as a chook and should not be held liable for any of the above comments:o

Have a great weekend all and let there be sun! :rockon:

SPman
12th July 2003, 12:28
Originally posted by rubber shredder
Have a great weekend all and let there be sun! :rockon:

And Lo........there was!:D:D

Kwaka-Kid
12th July 2003, 15:55
ahahah good stuff rubber :)

and YAY i got my ZXR400 bits, shes gunna be back and black, well blue actually! :)

Mitch
12th July 2003, 18:13
Ooops KK I just gave you the credit for that fantastic post that KwakaDude did.  I take back all those nice things I said about you  :D    lol

KDude very nicelty done  :niceone:

Shredder  :love:   You only say that cause you've never met me :D 

What this about whipping????????   :eek:

wkid_one
15th July 2003, 11:23
Finally back on deck - Telecon take ages to hook adsl up...and trying to navigate the net with a Mac is not pleasant - and it wouldn't let me post.

Well anyway -  no riding for me for 4-5 months apparently - after a rogue snowboarding accident saw me dislocate my shoulder again (first time was caused by my fucking a corner up royally).....2 months to my op and apparently 2-3 months to heal - according to the surgeon.  Does anyone have experience of healing times as this seems extremely cautious estimate?

As for shit giving - go for it - I have a thick skin after living with KiwiDan for 3 months...

Answers to questions - 20 months riding over 250cc, and never raced - never denied it....those that ride with me will attest to my (in)ability to ride and more importantly I am happy with my ability and love riding....

Anywho.....

Mitch
15th July 2003, 11:46
Good on ya Wkid_one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your shoulder though, that sucks!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Is that going to effect the new job?

wkid_one
15th July 2003, 12:36
Na no effect - just can't ride the bike as too much pressure through the shoulder and can't move it suddenly if I need to - it is an arse driving - but tolerable.

I need to know if anyone has had anything similar - coz I want to know how long it will take to heal after the reconstruction???

BigB
15th July 2003, 12:36
Hi wkid_one

Sorry to hear about the shoulder, Tracey knows what's it's like, it been a year since her op and she's still not riding.

As for your riding ability it's fine as far as I'm concerned, having been on 3 rides with wkid and 1 session at pukekohe I have no problems with the way he rides.

He does his own thing, admits it if he dose something wrong and just gets out there and rides.

good on ya I say

wkid_one
15th July 2003, 12:38
Feck - 12 months??  My god??  Hmmm - this could get scary...

BigB
15th July 2003, 12:43
Not that scary, hers was a total shoulder replacement

wkid_one
15th July 2003, 12:50
Thank god - my motorcycling career (yes as brief as it is for the smartarses) flashed before my eyes then

Kwaka-Kid
15th July 2003, 13:00
Crap Wkid, sorry to hear about the shoulder mate! no good @ all

You should come up to aucks for ur op and say ello! :P

wkid_one
15th July 2003, 14:28
am here at the moment (for the next two weeks - weekends not included), i fyou want to catch up for abrew during the week (025 950 498)

andy1
15th July 2003, 16:15
hey wkid,
i snapped my collar bone, about 2months ago and i was off work for 1 1/2months. tried to ride but to much pressure on it when cornering. its nothing compared to a dislocation tho. man that must of hurt. i have dislocated my finger before and that hurt a lot. hope ya get better soon.

ciao ciao

bluninja
15th July 2003, 17:52
So WKID any idea what the 2004 bikes will be like ? I guess you will be getting your new bike just as all the new models will be being announced for next year.....so will it be a K4? lol

TTFN 

Coldkiwi
16th July 2003, 12:28
At least it was only a boarding injury! I was starting to get worried that you'd thrown your VTR (and yourself)away  going over Paekakariki Hill and that we'd never see you back online!

time for some reading about bikes instead then I guess? Maybe you and Nhuahn should get together for a bitch session about being cripples? :P j/k

wkid_one
16th July 2003, 12:46
Yeah - at least the bike is fine.

In process of selling - looking at a couple of race bikes while in Auckland over enxt two weeks.  Aim to have everything ready (including shoulder) by the start of the summer series.

NhuanH
16th July 2003, 15:02
looking at a couple of race bikes while in Auckland over enxt two weeks. 

You're looking at dem ex RCM Thou's right?:niceone:

As for crippled bitches, I've never had much time for them CK :D.  I am currently resolute to not cash in my insurance cheque for a replacement machine until after the Round Lake Taupo bicycle ride at the end of November, reasoning that I'd just fritter away all my time on the motorised cycle instead of the human propelled one (which I would).  The SJ50 will have to wait until after November.:p

wkid_one
16th July 2003, 15:12
Ha ha ha - I am looking at a ZX7RR and a GSXR750....we'll see how it goes....can't ride the bloody things tho - luckily a friend of mine is over from OZ who can - but he is only short - may be interesting.

If not - I was thinking I would buy a Vespa - as according to many - this may even outstrip my riding ability.

NhuanH
16th July 2003, 15:23
nuttin' wrong with Gixxer 750s pal :D   Although their frontal impact resistance is quite limited (trust me on this one).  An SRAD one like Gixxer's or an FI Y/K series like my former ride?  Also, short people can ride too - you want an example Gixxer pilot: Stephane Chambon - poor beggar's got lifts in his riding boots and he can still throw that Suzuki around.

As for Ninja 7s....well make sure you get a 96 vintage 'cos it's not as if they changed after that.

Wait a minute here...are you preparing to turn in your V Twin grin for some 4 cylinder smoothness?  Bluninja, talk some sense into the man, quickly! :p

wkid_one
16th July 2003, 15:26
I figured what I woudl do - is buy the multi but play the V-Twin sounds through some headphones..best of both worlds....

Didn't your bike end up looking like a mini-moto??

Honeslty I don't know much about the Ninja others than they are usually green!

bluninja
16th July 2003, 15:49
Nhuan, it would require me to talk sense in the first place before I could talk some into WKID :D

Nothing wrong with multis, I still have a soft spot for the big K after owning 3...ZZR600, ZL600, ZX9R and the ZX9R has a great induction howl when you open her up.

BTW you can ninjas in blue :D

TTFN

wkid_one
16th July 2003, 16:33
Blue??  True the super ninja is blue isn't it.

PS - Only replying to get me post count up!

bluninja
17th July 2003, 10:32
I thought you were replying just to try and make this the longest post:p :p

TTFN

wkid_one
17th July 2003, 10:41
Not at all

Coldkiwi
17th July 2003, 12:20
yeah.. the ZX-7's didn't change much but they didn't really need to. Not light enough on a track I don't think but certainly have the goods to do the deed on the roads. And by cripes, the shape is just drop dead gorgeous!! Best looking jap bike i have ever seen is a silver w/black/white trim ZX-7R .. a 98 model I think.

Dunno nuffink about the GSXR 750 other than the 2001 model was a big step up from the 2000 (for reasons unknown to me!).. oh yes, and they're quick :)

I'm thinking about a ZX-7R if I have to sell this one.. there's something about riding a grotesquely green motorcycle that I love! very distinctive:love:

wkid_one
17th July 2003, 14:19
I must say that the new zx6rr looks like the mutts pearls....

I woudl also interested to see how the 636 stacks up against the cbr600rr - and the zxr has got some fantastic write ups.....

Coldkiwi
17th July 2003, 17:20
you mean the 6r or the 6rr? I've seen the 6r being flogged off for $15,000!!! Some dealership down in Invercargill of all places.. willing to pay air frieght and all! its in the latest bike mart I think I saw the ad.

Apparently, the journo's consensus is that the 6RR is for track time fiends (perfect if you're going to go sports 600 proddies) but the 636 version is whats needed on the road with the more occasional track carve up

Kwaka-Kid
17th July 2003, 23:34
AND the Moral of this "New Bike" Thread is....

SPman
18th July 2003, 07:39
That you get to where you're going eventually, and the ride wends through many white knuckle byways ??

Otherwise, FIIK!

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 07:55
The moral is - I apparently suck at riding and don't deserve a motorcycle

rubber shredder
18th July 2003, 08:12
For gods sake man - how long does it take you to get dressed in the morning?

Pick a racing class, pick a bike and buy one!

Thanks all...rode the K3 again today and the Honda......most likely going the K3

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wkid_one
[B]I am looking at a ZX7RR and a GSXR750....we'll see how it goes....

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 08:24
Hmm - sooo many choices and soo much time to decide now given my rocky boulder has fucked out..... and seeing as I am a bad rider - I decided to re-evaluate my choice.

Committed myself to ride as many of them as possible to see what I prefer.  Looked at ZXR coz it was there and already kitted for racing and being sold by a friend of a friend. 

Not spending $23000 for a K3, when I am likely to chuck it down the track more than once - even with race plastics on.

As for ZX6RR it is a nice bike was all I was saying.

If you don't like this thread - then don't read it (was gonna say fuck off - but was too polite)

rubber shredder
18th July 2003, 08:33
Im pleased to see that we have something in common.

I was going to say your a f-ing idiot who has no idea what the hell he wants to do, probialbly dosnt have the money and is just mouthing off in here. - but I was too polite.

I would however like you to prove me and others wrong buy actually buying something!

P.s. are you still keen on setting up a group of riders in Wellington to meet and go for rides (when your shoulder is better)? I have some friends who are learning and would be interested.

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 09:27
Hmm - now that hurts......

Money - yes (not that it's any of your business), know what I want - NO - That was the whole point of the bloody post you gherkin.  I want them all.....I like the R1/954 for their looks, the CBR600RR looks the bollocks, The Gixxer is a neutral power horse, the 636 is the Mutts and the list goes on.  I have no allegiances to brand or size (other than being restricted by my own stature)....

First pay cheque next week = decision time (kinda hard to get finance without it - I should know that seeing as I in finance) - so many new bikes to choose from...(still not looking exotic - sorry CK/Blu/BB)

With myself having already 'done something other than talking' plenty of times with the KB crew in Auckland, I have little to prove to you or anyone. 

PS - this is all the energy I will now expend on you - flame to your hearts content....

(THIS IS A GREAT WAY OF GETTING MY POSTS UP TOO, SO I MIGHT REPLY IF NOT THAN TO JUST GET MY POSTS UP AND MAKE THIS THE BIGGEST THREAD ON THE SITE)

Spanky - how is the SV going - give us a KB Riders Review seeing as you have had it for a while now.

Now - I am off to read TOTW1 and 2 - coz I obviously need it.  Will need it too keep up with the learners.

bikerboy
18th July 2003, 09:33
Hey, Rubbershredder, put your dick back in your pants and grow up.

Sorry, as you can see I'm not nearly so polite.

:Oops:

Are all Welly bikers such wankers ?:(

KWAKADUDE
18th July 2003, 09:59
Nope not all of us take it in hand and thrash it until it spits as much crap as Wicked does.
:angry2:

rubber shredder
18th July 2003, 10:03
LOL

wkid_one
18th July 2003, 10:17
I never said I make sense

(go 10 pages)

SPman
18th July 2003, 18:25
She's hard findin' the perfect bike, boy! :argh:

wkid_one
20th July 2003, 08:41
Is there such a thing tho - unless you build it yourself?  Every bike is a compromise in some way...

If you could 'frankenstein' bikes that would rock......multi hp, twin sound etc etc

bikerboy
20th July 2003, 15:14
HEY, kwakadude, I read little on this site to support your claim.:(

Are RS and kD the same person?, as one seems to respond to comments about the the other. If so maybe they/he so post under BS.:D

wkid_one
20th July 2003, 16:16
PMPL

KWAKADUDE
20th July 2003, 18:02
BB

Well RS is a friend and we are of similar opinion but dont think he would like being considered the same person. Hes a lot larger and darker than I am.

Maybe you are actually an alter ego of Wicked One or his brother or something? :eek:
Does this mean that you are of a similar mind? :stupid:

Nothing to substaciate my remark???? Are you reading the same thread? Its not hard to spot?

Its not Wicked's fault he just sorta seep's crap.

KWAKADUDE
20th July 2003, 18:04
Besides anyone with an signature comment like this :

A man said to the universe ' Sir I exist'
'However', replied the universe,' that fact has not created in me'
'A sense of obligation'
Stephen Crane

See it just sorta oooozes out dosnt it....................

rubber shredder
20th July 2003, 18:20
KD just called me - who is calling me skinny with a white ass?

lol

bikerboy
20th July 2003, 19:14
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I however, thought the purpose of this forum was generally to bring bikers TOGETHER, to share ideas and information, as well as riding opportunities.

If one has a problem with another's post say so ONCE or don't read them. Going on and on and on to make them look bad, is petty, childish and unnecessary.:D If one must denegrate another member do so under the appropriate thread (a new one so titled) rather than in the guise of a topic which will be of interest to others.
:done:

No, I am not the alter ego nor brother of wkid 1. I have met him and he is a decent sort of guy and I have no problem with him or his views, though I may not share them. As for RS having a skinny white ass, having not met either of you, I really could not comment.:eek:

SpankMe
20th July 2003, 19:26
A long thread going absolutely nowhere with no resemblance to the original topic. It is now closed.

Your more than welcome to continue the discussion in a more appropriately titled topic.