PDA

View Full Version : Daisy/Dandi Two Girl Action and a ride to boot this Saturday 19th!

gijoe1313
17th May 2007, 10:25
Okay, this is how it's starting to pan out ...

Will be doing an early morning run on Saturday 19th to Kawhia. Meet point at BP Autobahn Papakura 8.00am for a 8.30 depart.

Down to Kawhia via SH22 (Puke/Tuakau) and enjoying the ride. Not doing it fast, just sensibly!

After some scoff and tucker there, we'll ride back up to my place and start work on getting the girls Daisy and Dandi sorted out. Will be fixing up Daisy first so it can be ridden.

Dandi will have her engine stripped and frame bits touched more (ooer!)

And of course, there's always Sunday to get more spanner time on the girls!

That's the plan. All things going well that is! :pinch:

Chisanga
17th May 2007, 11:00
I hate you and your Saturday rides! Don't you know some of us work on Saturdays!

<mumble> and do basically nothing for the rest of the week <mumble>

gijoe1313
17th May 2007, 11:01
I hate you and your Saturday rides! Don't you know some of us work on Saturdays!

<mumble> and do basically nothing for the rest of the week <mumble>

Go complain to Maverick! Heehee... he's meant to be doing the Sat/Sun combo. I just go with what works for me :devil2:

insane1
17th May 2007, 14:15
im in for this one how many kms we doing hopefully 400+.

xwhatsit
17th May 2007, 14:18
Ah cool... I could possibly be there. Kawhia; you go through Huntly, right? I think I've been there when I was a wee one.

Mr Merde
17th May 2007, 16:03
If you are near my place call in for a coffee.

GIJoe you know where it is.

zeocen
17th May 2007, 16:50
Argh, you pick the worst days damn you!

I *may* be able to make it, but I would have to break prior arrangements so I could only warrent going out if it was stellar weather...

So it better be some fucking good weather on Saturday :P

Donor
17th May 2007, 17:00
Rude words and hand gestures cannot begin to convey my displeasure with the plan set out in the first post of this thread :crybaby:

Jeaves
17th May 2007, 17:11
Jeaves may get in on the action...

Minnie
17th May 2007, 19:03
have a great ride guys, love doing that road, but kids and netball on a saturday for quite some time now................so no riding for me :crybaby: well this weekend anyway.............

gijoe1313
18th May 2007, 11:21
Heehee, looks like we get to stop off at Mr.Merde's for a quick coo-eee and enjoy his new place and hospitality!

Grahameeboy
18th May 2007, 11:56
Sunday next time please ggee

insane1
18th May 2007, 14:06
have to be sat for me some of us work on sundays.

McJim
18th May 2007, 14:37
Enjoy yourselves. Choice of Sat rules me out too bro.

For those of you interested in an easy paced ride on Sunday see

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1060468#post1060468

Cheers

Patch
18th May 2007, 23:53
Might come for a fang on Black Betty :stoogie:
I hear it's the done thing to name one's machine's :dodge:

BTW....where's Kawhia?

Slightly north of Taupo and a little to the right :yes:

zeocen
19th May 2007, 02:31
Argh, late night/early morning retire means I won't be making it to this ride, I actually thought the weather was going to be terrible but it looks like it'll be a great day for a ride... bah, I suck at reading weather !

Have a good one guys !

ZeroIndex
19th May 2007, 03:41
Slightly north of Taupo and a little to the right :yes:

Kawhia is south-east of Raglan isn't it? I'm pretty sure of it... been there a couple of times... if you guys are heading through that way tomorrow, give me a text when you get somewhere around hamilton?

gijoe1313
19th May 2007, 07:07
Huzzah! Time for gear to be donned, steeds of riding to be warmed up and revved!

I will be at BP Autobahn 8.00am sharp and by 8.30am the ride to Kawhia shall commence! :Punk: :scooter:

xwhatsit
19th May 2007, 07:19
G'morning fellas. I'll be there, hopefully by 8.00am, s'long as I can wipe the sleep out of my eyes enough to get this coffee to my mouth *yawn*....

mnkyboy
19th May 2007, 14:56
just out of interest, caused I noticed that todays ride included some work on bikes.

Is there someone/somewhere who doesn't mind teach me some bike mechanics, have most tools, and the basic idea, but I don't want to just strip my bike just to rebuild it. I could get a project bike but the garage is full at the mo with the daimler; that and my wifey would spit tacks. I'd also like to learn a bit before killing something, or myself in doing a bad job.

Winter
19th May 2007, 16:24
I second that. Perhaps its time for another show and tell / mechanics 101?

ZeroIndex
19th May 2007, 18:17
Damn that was a fun ride today!!! :D Thanks to GIJoe1313 and xerxesdaphat... sorry that I kept leaving you behind... that little section of front fairing on my bike definitely makes going fast more fun/easier... glad there were no cop encounters today...

doc
19th May 2007, 18:57
just out of interest, caused I noticed that todays ride included some work on bikes.

Is there someone/somewhere who doesn't mind teach me some bike mechanics, have most tools, and the basic idea, but I don't want to just strip my bike just to rebuild it. I could get a project bike but the garage is full at the mo with the daimler; that and my wifey would spit tacks. I'd also like to learn a bit before killing something, or myself in doing a bad job.
Why do you want advice on motorcycles when you have got a daimler, I would assume that owning that, you would have to be mechanically inclined.

mnkyboy
19th May 2007, 19:28
I am, but a car is a lot different to a bike. I guess I could get a manual but experience with a knowledgeable someone is better than a book IMO.

If however someone has an old motor floating around that I could disassemble...could be a good start

*I sincerly apologise to GIjoe for going off topic. Ride sounded like fun

gijoe1313
19th May 2007, 20:56
Damn that was a fun ride today!!! :D Thanks to GIJoe1313 and xerxesdaphat... sorry that I kept leaving you behind... that little section of front fairing on my bike definitely makes going fast more fun/easier... glad there were no cop encounters today...

Hell no! Don't worry about leaving us behind - I'm just happy that you blasted off from the launch pad and gave us the learn on your roads out Te Mata and Kawhia way! Good fish at that place as well - I had to laugh at that tosser in the cage who gave you some lip. I think he didn't want to take it any further when he saw me giving him the eye before he spoke to you :devil2:

I think he was as you said "pissed off due to being passed multiple times" :whistle:

Spot you on the next ride out your ways! :Punk:

gijoe1313
19th May 2007, 20:58

You're more than welcome to come around and have a look and spanner around on the project bike I've got going. Anyone who helps or contributes will be able to ride Dandi when she's done!

Winter
19th May 2007, 21:04
Whens the next spanner night? Or spanner day? I assume your back at school Gijoe?

gijoe1313
19th May 2007, 21:06
Whens the next spanner night? Or spanner day? I assume your back at school Gijoe?

I'll make it for next Saturday. A bit of a ride and a bit of a play around on Daisy/Dandi!

Steve 555
19th May 2007, 21:19
Wow a good attention seeking post two girl action shame wish I had come now LOL

Donor
19th May 2007, 21:59
Bugger!

Missed the ride AND missed the spanner night.

Ah well, had a brilliant day at Taupo racetrack today, brother managed to get third in class, broke a CV joint in qualifying and managed to replace the entire axle in just on 10 minutes, then proceeded to lose the clutch 30 minutes into a 4 hour enduro, and suffered a puncture an hour from the end... what a day - I love motorsport.

Weather was fantastic, though the fog from Mercer to Huntly at 5:30 this morning was a little sucky...

Should have new tyres on Rosey next Friday, so a bit of scrubbing to be done... huzzah!

xwhatsit
19th May 2007, 22:23
That was SWEET! About 500kms, was it? Rode from about 7.45am til 4.30pm when I got home, chucked on my work clothes, and blasted off straight to work. Where I spent the night having to do deliveries on my bike because the delivery drivers were too stretched! :lol:

That gravel was heaps of fun. One day I'm getting myself a trail bike.

I also need ear-plugs. Wind is loud -.-''

xwhatsit
19th May 2007, 22:24
That was SWEET! About 500kms, was it? Rode from about 7.45am til 4.30pm when I got home, chucked on my work clothes, and blasted off straight to work. Where I spent the night having to do deliveries on my bike because the delivery drivers were too stretched! :lol:

That gravel was heaps of fun. One day I'm getting myself a trail bike.

I also need ear-plugs. Wind is loud -.-''

Thanks GiJoe, Insane1 and Zeroindex (pleasure to meet you both).

No work tomorrow, as I first thought, so might turn up tomorrow as well. Get my money's worth heheh.

zeocen
20th May 2007, 11:40
Sorry I had to bail working on Daisy almost immediately, got a text from the other half demanding things.

:(

Chisanga
20th May 2007, 16:41
Good things?

ZeroIndex
20th May 2007, 17:07
Sorry I had to bail working on Daisy almost immediately, got a text from the other half demanding things.

:(

Good things?

If it was good things, do you really think he'd be apologising?

zeocen
20th May 2007, 17:15
Weighing up soaking in bike mechanic information and 2 stroke goodness VS moving heavy furniture ...

it was most definately a ":("

gijoe1313
20th May 2007, 18:44
Weighing up soaking in bike mechanic information and 2 stroke goodness VS moving heavy furniture ...

it was most definately a ":("

Wow, hope you emptied the furniture first! :lol: Not to worry, we finished up around 8ish and got a bit more off the engine. Just went around to Donor's place this arvo and collected the other engine bits! :woohoo:

Now, just got to work out this darn forks! :scratch: Will post a thread up in bike mechanics once I get some photos for those in the know! :sweatdrop