PDA

View Full Version : Euro touring?

cold comfort
17th May 2007, 16:51
Looking at a trip to the UK next May, in particular touring in Switzerland/France. Have seen offers from "White Rose" tours but would be grateful for input. Obviously ridiculous to drag my bike over there.

MVnut
17th May 2007, 21:15
Check out www.fast-travel.ch I have just returned from another fantastic MV Agusta Swiss tour & Peter is the man to talk to. Ten more Kiwis are going to Europe next month for one of his tours. This year we had a trackday at Hockenheimring on new MV 312s & 910Rs then 11 days in Italy including a visit to MV Corse and CRC in San Marino. Back to Switzerland on the 13th and back here yesterday. You can pm me if you want more info. ciao4now, the Kiwi:rockon:

cold comfort
18th May 2007, 00:37
cheers for that,will check it out in more detail later. Drove around Italy and flew a glider over the Mugello last time i was there but its not the same -eh?

clint640
18th May 2007, 11:45
I did a few days around Austria & Bavaria 2 yrs ago, I bought a motorcycle atlas of the area to plan the trip, booked accomodation online & hired a bike in Munich from a KTM dealer, there were heaps of hire places there, some bikes were cheaper to hire there than they would be in NZ, if you just want a few days look out for midweek hire deals, I got a 640 Supermoto, midday monday to midday friday for 210 euros.

The Alps were fantastic, great scenery, riding, food & beer! I'd love to go back & spend a couple of weeks doing the Italian, Swiss & French parts.

Cheers
Clint

johnnyflash
18th May 2007, 15:22
Bugger, I wish I hadnt read this thread now, its jangling my chain... I spent four months touring in a cage I bought in france a few years back, but reading this thread I can taste the air around the alps and man the views from 2 wheels would just blow me away... hmmm, scheme...plan....scheme... time to start working on the other half...

30th May 2007, 18:05
ey kiwi,
thanks for the compliments about the mv tour we just did together. it was really fantastic. the routes in the south of italia, vino e pasta at its absolute best! check out this link to give you guys more impressions of tour, routes and fuuuun... we had http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8434

p.s. with the group of the new zealand riders, who are comming up in 3 weeks time, we do switzerland, germany, austria, italy and france in 12 days and 4'000km later....

cheers
peter

Baldyheed
1st June 2007, 23:42
Enjoy your trip there mate. Lovely in summer, especially around the Alps. If you can get the dates well in advance, you might even be able to take in one of the European rounds of the GP series.

Baldyheed
7th June 2007, 06:01
The French round of the MOTOGP this year was on May 20, at Le Man. Lovely part of the country. Should be held around the same time next year, so you might like to pencil it in.

surfchick
14th June 2007, 22:33
Check out www.fast-travel.ch I have just returned from another fantastic MV Agusta Swiss tour & Peter is the man to talk to. Ten more Kiwis are going to Europe next month for one of his tours. This year we had a trackday at Hockenheimring on new MV 312s & 910Rs then 11 days in Italy including a visit to MV Corse and CRC in San Marino. Back to Switzerland on the 13th and back here yesterday. You can pm me if you want more info. ciao4now, the Kiwi:rockon:

ooooooooh that sounds exquisite....

Mercedes
20th June 2007, 19:52
I think travel to Spain is a good idea. It is a beautiful country and cities like Barcelona and Madrid are all unforgettable. I'd love to go back for awhile. If you're in Barcelona be sure to check out the Picasso museum as well and the best way to get around Spain is by train, you can enjoy the landscapes along the way. That's great!

--------------

MVnut
21st June 2007, 21:14
Spain by Train?????????? Fook, don't think I'll ever be THAT old !! MVs rule:yes:

farmerkeith
4th September 2007, 16:11
I`v big thoughts of touring Europe next year, I have a base in Germany, a riding partner would be good.

MotoGirl
4th September 2007, 16:34
Lucky bugger, some of us can only aspire to do something similar one day :crybaby:

mbazza
8th September 2007, 21:28
Europe! Now, that's a thought.
Managed a short 12 day ride in Aussie this winter and plan a couple of months there in 2009. Now the idea has been placed, Europe in 2009? Well, um, ah........ . Have fun and enjoy yourself. Cheers. :eek:

cold comfort
26th September 2007, 11:27
Started this thread with more enthusiasm than practicality thus the reality is more like 2009
-accommodation plans are underway. Sent a pm to farmerkeith on this subject.

woza
12th March 2009, 15:01
Started this thread with more enthusiasm than practicality thus the reality is more like 2009
-accommodation plans are underway. Sent a pm to farmerkeith on this subject.

I looking at going over next year to do my little trip... what have you planned? Are you buying or hiring a bike?

LBD
12th June 2009, 03:05
So has any one got any firm dates? I have, 2nd week July this year, just not sure of route yet. Starting Holland top of France, Italy, Switzerland , Germany and Holland...or north around the Baltic.....

cold comfort
31st August 2009, 19:13
Well, its 2009 now and guess what! Yep it didn't happen. Used my hols to be with my mum b4 she passed away, and business commitments have pushed it out to 2011. On the bright side more time on my DR getting to grips with adventure skills. So...anyone interested in putting together a trip then thru the Alps. Hire of something multipurpose for 2 up (like BMW or KTM 990 maybe?) would be practical from what i hear. No reply from FarmerKeith. Any thoughts anyone?

2much
1st September 2009, 06:05
Did Holland-Germany-Austria-Italy-San Marino-Greece-Italy-Monaco-France-Belgium-Holland this year, unfortunately in the cage.

Plan to do 3 weeks in Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) next year. And it will be on the bikes this time.

Voltaire
3rd September 2009, 16:38
Toured Europe 20 years ago on the R75/5, 20 000kms in 4 months....
Turkey was the most amazing place we went to...and the former Eastern bloc.
Did it again a few years ago in the Westy Kombi ( 25 000kms) with the kids..... that was....as the Lonely Planet book says " both challenging and rewarding"

Trains.....maybe when I'm reallllllly old.
Still have the R75/5 and the Kombi.
Have a great trip.