PDA

View Full Version : Does any one race solo bikes??

2strokegirl
20th May 2007, 10:29
i was just wondering if any chicks out there ride solo bikes... i just turned 17 and i was thinking about getting into racing.

Devil
20th May 2007, 14:10
What do you mean by "solo bikes"?

Zukin
20th May 2007, 14:40
What do you mean by "solo bikes"?

Solo bikes (Speedway) as they are commonly referred too :yes:

To answer your question, yes I think so?? I am pretty sure there are ladies here in Hawkes Bay that race:mellow:

Cheers

Joni
20th May 2007, 14:42
When most people talk "solo" they are talking speedway...
However when sidecar guys talk racing, anyone on a "bike" is a solo rider.

So if you mean speedway, Im not sure how many women race that class here on KB :spudwhat:

There are quite a few female motorcycle racers on KB - Keystone19, Goblin, Nicksta, Rashika, Flame...

Keystone leading the pack, doing exceptionally well in F3 in the last round of nationals :yes:

2strokegirl
20th May 2007, 18:15
yeah i was refering to speedway solos. i wanted to swing on a sidechair but as i only weigh 45kg im not heavy enough to hold it down.

Kickaha
20th May 2007, 18:35
i wanted to swing on a sidechair but as i only weigh 45kg im not heavy enough to hold it down.

Ride it instead:yes:

Blondini
20th May 2007, 18:38
Just do it if thats what you want to do:yes: There is one lady races up in auckland she does really well for herself...And You get the support of everyone too...Go for it I say and keep us informed.I know a few sidecars riders and I reckon you could swing ok I have seen lighter women swinging.They need more younger ones taking it up .:Punk:

Motu
20th May 2007, 19:01
You could start off on a learner bike - these have XR125 or 200 motors and go pretty damn well for their size.Kim has been riding at Rosebank for several years,she down sized one season to a Honda powered bike,still running in B Grade and didn't loose too much pace,then she went back to the big bike.She has ridden in the USA too,got a pretty good reception as a female rider.Go for it....go to a practice meeting and ride the club bike if they have one.

Conquiztador
20th May 2007, 23:27
Nothing stopping U. And it is not too expensive as a motor sport. I did ride some years ago. The best advise I ever got was: "Just go out there and rev the shit outta it"...

alley cat
21st May 2007, 07:59
Hi there, i believe we have a couple of chickie dirt track racers down here at ruapuna, And they go hard. Give it a go, gotta be safer than dirt sidechairs, and you wont have to split the prize money! Their kevlars are way cool too!:Punk:

2strokegirl
21st May 2007, 08:54
lol. if i was to do sidechair i would only want to swing i wouldnt want the responsibility of the other persons life in my hands plus my dad isnt to keen on leting me swing. i think il go for it. il give one of the guys a ring that do it here and see if i can set up a ride. :yes:

Kickaha
21st May 2007, 09:39
lol. if i was to do sidechair i would only want to swing i wouldnt want the responsibility of the other persons life in my hands

The swinger has as much responsibility for the riders life as the rider has for the swingers, they aren't just there for the ride!

Grahameeboy
21st May 2007, 09:43
Only McJim...........well after yesterday anyway

Blondini
21st May 2007, 22:42
lol. if i was to do sidechair i would only want to swing i wouldnt want the responsibility of the other persons life in my hands plus my dad isnt to keen on leting me swing. i think il go for it. il give one of the guys a ring that do it here and see if i can set up a ride. :yes:

Good stuff ..Let us know how you get on ..:yes:

surfchick
28th May 2007, 09:56
i was just wondering if any chicks out there ride solo bikes... i just turned 17 and i was thinking about getting into racing.

yup keystone is racing and leaving the f3 field for dead. pm her
smooooooooookin'

moT
28th May 2007, 10:26
Go for it just get out there and go nuts u go grl!!

Duke girl
29th May 2007, 09:42
The NZSA put on a have ago day 4 the public which i have been to twice and had a go at swinging and I am only 5kg's heavier than u and I managed to keep the wheel down going around corners. U will regret it if u dont give it ago as I am. It was always my dream in life to be a swinger on a sidecar and I must say if it wasnt for the sidecar association putting on the have ago days I would have neva got the opportunity to try it. Give it a go and Im sure u wont regret it. Goodluck.

rustys
29th May 2007, 12:36
Hi 2strokegirl, hope you enjoyed the ride the other day, and hope you got that oregon camera working ok and some good pics. Keep in touch with the local speedway guys here, because at the end of the season (well they used to) have a bit of a fun day, and anyone wanting to have a go, can get out there and see if they like it or not. One way to get people involved in the sport i suppose.
Cheers enjoy the riding while the weathers like this, hope it keeps up for a while.:rockon: