PDA

View Full Version : Help with motard tyres

Aero165
20th May 2007, 19:13
Does anyone have ex-race tyres that would fit my 03 YZ. The front is wearing a 80/10/21 and the rear a 110/90/19. I don't know what that would compare to as far as road tyres.

Any help would be very appreciated!:rockon:

Mods feel free to move because I don't know exactly where this should of been posted

Toast
20th May 2007, 19:21
Might be tricky finding an ex-race tyre in either of those sizes. I think most of the motards racers go down to a 17 inch rim.

Tim 39
20th May 2007, 19:31
you wont even find even half decent road tyres in those sizes, you realy need motard wheels because race bikes are running 17inch rims, so theyre about the only size that decent tyres come in

Aero165
21st May 2007, 18:21
Does anyone know how hard it would be to put a set of GSXR 400 wheels on it then? Like how much work needs to be done to make sure the brakes work, ect.

The Stranger
21st May 2007, 18:46
Does anyone know how hard it would be to put a set of GSXR 400 wheels on it then? Like how much work needs to be done to make sure the brakes work, ect.

You can get a motard kit for them which includes wheels and new Brembo front brake. But not cheap.

Tim 39
21st May 2007, 21:11

you can probabl find wheel to fit and make up brackets for the front brake caliper and get some spacers made for the wheels that are the right sizes. not too bad if you know an engineer or sumthing

chris
22nd May 2007, 08:35
Does anyone have ex-race tyres that would fit my 03 YZ. The front is wearing a 80/10/21 and the rear a 110/90/19. I don't know what that would compare to as far as road tyres.

Any help would be very appreciated!:rockon:

Mods feel free to move because I don't know exactly where this should of been posted

Call your nearest Metzeler stockist and see what they have. Other than that, call Tom Morris about having some rims laced up to your existing hubs, someone on here will have his number, I can't find it.

scott411
29th May 2007, 14:58
thier is a seperate calss called sportmen that run standard wheels
MIchelin, Pirelli and AVOn make good tyres for them, We stock pirelli, give me a yell if you are interested, we haev raced on these tyres and it is still awesome fun,