PDA

View Full Version : Who went to Sand Country Run, 20/5, Waitarere?

mazz1972
21st May 2007, 14:14
Gidday everyone

Our last charity trail ride of the season was a record for us with 740+ riders...!!

Would love to get some feedback from riders who came along....and if you have some photos to post it would be great to see them.

Cheers
Maree

Fryin Finn
21st May 2007, 15:33
I did - had a blast - I helmet cammed the second loop 60km in 1 hour - it was very fast. The stills from the helmet cam are pretty awful so nothing there I'm afraid.
There might have been 740 riders but spread out enough not to be a nuisance. Didn't get lost once so credit to the marking out crew.

F5 Dave
21st May 2007, 17:45
yeah, good day, but now the trail riding season is over I'll be pleased not to eat another precooked sausage in white bread for a while:sick: Still that's my issue.

Good ride, we did get a bit ansy waiting for lunch to be finished & was a bit unclear when the track was open again.

Only recognised a small amount from the last ride out there & that was so wet it was miserable hard to stay on stuff. Love the sandy sections are not too deep so even a muppet like me can power through them without too much risk.

Thanks to all concerned.
Cheers.

mazz1972
22nd May 2007, 13:22
yeah, good day, but now the trail riding season is over I'll be pleased not to eat another precooked sausage in white bread for a while:sick: Still that's my issue.

Good ride, we did get a bit ansy waiting for lunch to be finished & was a bit unclear when the track was open again.

Only recognised a small amount from the last ride out there & that was so wet it was miserable hard to stay on stuff. Love the sandy sections are not too deep so even a muppet like me can power through them without too much risk.

Thanks to all concerned.
Cheers.

Cheers for your comments and glad you enjoyed it. We don't do the lunches...it's up to the people we fundraise for...but I know what you mean...

The route was a bit different from last year. It's much better in the dry, and doesn't munt the ground so much. Last year there was quite a bit of damage in places because it was so wet, and we couldn't use some of those bits again this year...fair enough.

Yes it was a bit higgildy piggildy with when to go out after lunch, but we weren't sure when the fuel truck would be back, and they were out of cellphone range! We did put a message on the PA when the track was re-opened, but probably not everyone could hear it over the returning bikes, and down the other end of the paddock. I didn't hear of anyone running out of gas...

Roll on next season!

F5 Dave
22nd May 2007, 15:10
Cool.

Don't be scared to get a rush of blood to the head & throw a surprise one in July or August :rockon:

thanks

mazz1972
22nd May 2007, 15:39
Cool.

Don't be scared to get a rush of blood to the head & throw a surprise one in July or August :rockon:

thanks

You never know....something may pop up later in the year....it gets a bit hard between now and about October/November as it's usually too wet, lambing/calving etc.

Are you one of our club members?

M

F5 Dave
22nd May 2007, 15:56
Lambing/Calving? Sorry I'm a city lad, I just assumed it came from the supermarket in a continuous production served on styrene containers with cling-wrap & a best before date on the price sticker.

No not a member, but someone pointed out that I would have saved the dif in entry fees already. Am a Vic club member, but maybe I should join as well. Is there a website for the club with a form?

PS: one of our cats is called Dangermouse.

mazz1972
23rd May 2007, 10:34
Lambing/Calving? Sorry I'm a city lad, I just assumed it came from the supermarket in a continuous production served on styrene containers with cling-wrap & a best before date on the price sticker.

No not a member, but someone pointed out that I would have saved the dif in entry fees already. Am a Vic club member, but maybe I should join as well. Is there a website for the club with a form?

PS: one of our cats is called Dangermouse.

...and milk comes from a plastic bottle eh...

Yes we have a website (http://www.geocities.com/horomcc) - the membership form for the new year starting 1 July will be available after we've had our AGM on 21 June.

For the past few years club members have gotten a $5 discount off the entry fee to all the charity rides. Hopefully will be doing it again next year, but will confirm once we get all the details sorted later this year. You could always wait until you see the rides advertised and join then.

Not much in trail rides coming up now....but there is a Wgtn Trail Riders one at Terawhiti this Sunday. Vague details are on Silver Bullet. They are speculating it could be the last ride out there for a while due to the wind turbine construction starting soon.

Cheers
Maree