PDA

View Full Version : went to Quasi land yesterday

toads
9th September 2004, 08:24
Hi everyone, I went through to Hamilton from here ( Gisborne) and back yesterday, what an awesome day, the thing that struck me other than the beautiful weather was the amount of cops out writing tickets, I counted over 6 in and around the waikato alone!, and the lack of bikes out there, I saw a couple of harleys, 2 sportsbikes and about 20 scooters, and one restored norton! Probably just as well as I tend to look at bikes and lose concentration while driving.
Where were all the bikers yesterday I wonder, obviously unemployed people all drive cars LOL
Anyway took my 2nd oldest daughter thru to an interview at the uni stopped in rotovegas for an hour or so on the way home ( she wanted to look in Glassons, yawn), and then came home, made good time, left here at 4.30am, arrived in hamilton at 9.30, left at 2.30 and got home at 8.30 pm, tired today though!

Slim
9th September 2004, 09:43
I'm not surprised you're knackered after that trek, and in a c@r too! ;)

The cops absolutely infest SH1 on either side of Cambridge, as well as the Kaimai's - count on definitely seeing 1 every time you drive these pieces of road, no matter what time of the day or night! :shit:

This Hamilton biker was stuck at w*rk all day! :(

Quasievil
9th September 2004, 09:50
hey you should have let me know could of had a coffee, I had a day of on the bike yesterday But Im about to get on it and rock on a big ride up Heahpy Tce across Mcdonalds bridge and into the office YEAH for me

toads
9th September 2004, 15:26
hey you should have let me know could of had a coffee, I had a day of on the bike yesterday But Im about to get on it and rock on a big ride up Heahpy Tce across Mcdonalds bridge and into the office YEAH for me

I went and did coffee in subway on victoria street, me and sarah were the only ones in there, subway have the best coffee machines in the world imho!!! I thought about trying to find out where you lived to make it easier to find when we come through for the start of the rally to tokaanu, but figured if I got lost and anything happened and we were ( God forbid) late for her interview, I wouldn't be able to live with the consequences, so I went to my sisters work place ( southern cross) picked up the monitors that I bought for our school, did subway and went and spent the rest of the morning and so on at the uni campus, pretty awesome place I thought.

vifferman
9th September 2004, 15:38
I went and did coffee in subway on victoria street, me and sarah were the only ones in there, subway have the best coffee machines in the world imho!!!
Errrrgghhh!! Subway coffee: overpriced swill.:sick: :puke:
Mind you, I've been spoiled lately (e.g., fresh coffee from Queen Vic Market in Melbourne...)
Speaking of Melbourne (note the subtle way I manouevred things around there....) I loved the number of bikes there, and the way they are allowed to park on the footpaths. Bikes everywhere! Especially in the "Bike Precinct", where there is a cluster of bike shops. My wife was very keen to do some window shopping there, and wanted to go into "Mac's Leathers" to look for glubs, but they were shut when we had time to look. So we'll have to do some glub shopping here.:niceone:

toads
9th September 2004, 16:03
Errrrgghhh!! Subway coffee: overpriced swill.:sick: :puke:
Mind you, I've been spoiled lately (e.g., fresh coffee from Queen Vic Market in Melbourne...)
Speaking of Melbourne (note the subtle way I manouevred things around there....) I loved the number of bikes there, and the way they are allowed to park on the footpaths. Bikes everywhere! Especially in the "Bike Precinct", where there is a cluster of bike shops. My wife was very keen to do some window shopping there, and wanted to go into "Mac's Leathers" to look for glubs, but they were shut when we had time to look. So we'll have to do some glub shopping here.:niceone:

very subtle, happy glove hunting!