PDA

View Full Version : The "Trash" ride to Tokaanu, 16/10/04

White trash
9th September 2004, 10:31
White Trashes Excellent Adventure

Due to "work" commitments, I wont be leaving Wellys 'till just after 1pm. Those wishing to join me should know a few things.

1st We leave Wellington Motorcycles at 1:15pm sharp, bikes should be gassed and ready to roll at this stage.

2nd The route will be announced there and then, it will not be the most direct but fairly interesting. Every rider will have a route map so as not to get lost.

3rd There will be minimal stops. Just fuel and maybe a quick bite and coffee somewhere. I don't want the Northeners drinking all the piss before I get there.

4th The pace will be "brisk" without breaking any laws of course, everyone will know the route as per 2nd note so there shouldn't be any hassles.

Lets all get there in one piece so as to enjoy a shit hot weekend.

Any one keen? Let me know.

Blakamin
9th September 2004, 10:50
[CENTER]White Trashes Excellent Adventure

Due to "work" commitments, I wont be leaving Wellys 'till just after 1pm. Those wishing to join me should know a few things.

why not just have the morning off work?

White trash
9th September 2004, 10:56
why not just have the morning off work?

Shaddup! Part of the fun is doing it differently. Haven't you ever told your wife that?

Blakamin
9th September 2004, 11:08
Shaddup! Part of the fun is doing it differently. Haven't you ever told your wife that?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. i use any excuse I can to get it!
shame i cant afford to go or i'd ride up wif ya!

StoneChucker
9th September 2004, 11:15
Where is Tokaanu? And, is this a dirt rally/ride? I'm not coming if there's any mud hehe. Places to stay, and how long are you going for? And, whats happeneing there?
Thanks,
Dave.

riffer
9th September 2004, 11:19
Where is Tokaanu? And, is this a dirt rally/ride? I'm not coming if there's any mud hehe. Places to stay, and how long are you going for? And, whats happeneing there?
Thanks,
Dave.
You remember that place you ride through round Taupo way that has all the steam pipes and steam coming over the road?

That's Tokaanu.

White trash
9th September 2004, 11:20
Thanks,
Dave.

S/C? Where have you been man?! See Qausi's Waikato II thread. Then PM him quick smart to book yourself in, then come party, party, PARTY!

It's about 4km (apparently) from Turangi. We ride, we stop, we drink, we party, we slip into a coma, we wake, we ride home. Simple.

Quasievil
9th September 2004, 11:36
Fear not people I can still fit lodgings in for you, couples are a bit of a problem but singles no worries, but please be quick

Good stuff WT thanks for getting this end tidied up :not:

White trash
9th September 2004, 13:36
Why's everybody gone all quiet then?

Who's riding with me? :spudwhat:

bungbung
9th September 2004, 13:58
I'm bringing the gf as a pillion, so I expect I will be taking a more leisurely approach than you WT. I expect I will join up with CSL et al for the sightseer's trip

Blakamin
9th September 2004, 13:59

got no money.... might ride a coupla (hundred) k's wif ya

riffer
9th September 2004, 14:01
got no money.... might ride a coupla (hundred) k's wif ya
More like a coupla hundred k's behind him.....

White trash
9th September 2004, 14:18
I'm bringing the gf as a pillion, so I expect I will be taking a more leisurely approach than you WT. I expect I will join up with CSL et al for the sightseer's trip

Yeah, I got the ol' Ball and Chain back there too. Luckily, I'm a responsible young chap so she'll feel nothing but safe the whole way.

I was looking forward to a 500km GP too.

Blakamin
9th September 2004, 14:20
More like a coupla hundred k's behind him.....
troo...but now it should be even!

White trash
9th September 2004, 14:23
Gotta say, I'm loving this reputation of being a quick bastard but I really think it's unwarranted.

Ask anybody who rides with me in a group ride, unless Cycosis is present, I'm happy as Larry to stick with the crew.

Hitcher
9th September 2004, 16:33
Mrs H and I will be heading up to Turangi that Friday for the Grand Challenge the following day. We will be pacing ourselves but will also be looking to minimise time spent on SH1. There will be (at least) a couple of coffee stops involved in our itinerary, and probably a wander around ANZA in Palmerston North. At this stage we haven't planned a departure time but will probably be looking to head away late morning. We generally keep our open road speed at about 115kmh (plus or minus, depending on conditions). If there are riders interested in travelling up the island at a more leisurely pace than the "Trash Dash", let me know. Mrs H gets nervous riding in big groups, but four or five other riders could be great company.

StoneChucker
9th September 2004, 16:48
WT, riding up with you sounds good, but I really like to keep to a reasonable speed on SH's and other cop patroled areas, so I would get left behind if you went much over 120...

So, Hitcher, if I don't ride with WT, then I'd be keen to tag behind (infront or next to) you.

Either way, whoever I ride with, I might organise closer to the time about where ur leaving from, and what time. My memory is so, um, whats the word

White trash
9th September 2004, 16:59
WT, riding up with you sounds good, but I really like to keep to a reasonable speed on SH's and other cop patroled areas, so I would get left behind if you went much over 120...

So, Hitcher, if I don't ride with WT, then I'd be keen to tag behind (infront or next to) you.

Either way, whoever I ride with, I might organise closer to the time about where ur leaving from, and what time. My memory is so, um, whats the word

Cool man. I won't be travelling at horendus speeds on SH's anyway. It'd be cool to ride with you if you wanna.

merv
9th September 2004, 19:48
You remember that place you ride through round Taupo way that has all the steam pipes and steam coming over the road?

That's Tokaanu.

You sound like you're describing Wairakei around the other side but the map is right. Tokaanu has hot pools but not much in the way of steam pipes compared to Wairakei.

Racey Rider
9th September 2004, 19:51

Is the rumour true, that the amazing team at Wellington Motorcycles, once flew a enquiring "possable" customer, from New Plymouth to Wellywood, free of charge, to test ride a 95 GSXR1100 (which their web site said was on the floor, (or anything else thats blue/white.
(to match my leathers))), for the weekend, free of charge, under the watchful eye of their leading employee, with all expences paid,(i.e. fuel/insurance/camp fees/Her Majestys speed tax), and a deal to fly said leading employee to NP to pick bike up, if upon the finalisation of said TEST, thee enquiring "POSSABLE" customer was not totally satisfied with the bike, or the leading employee for FREE at NO COST with NO MONEY DOWN and 18 months INTEREST FREE!? :whistle:

Hitcher
9th September 2004, 21:01
Is the rumour true, that the amazing team at Wellington Motorcycles, once flew a enquiring "possable" customer, from New Plymouth to Wellywood, free of charge, to test ride a 95 GSXR1100 (which their web site said was on the floor, (or anything else thats blue/white.
(to match my leathers))), for the weekend, free of charge, under the watchful eye of their leading employee, with all expences paid,(i.e. fuel/insurance/camp fees/Her Majestys speed tax), and a deal to fly said leading employee to NP to pick bike up, if upon the finalisation of said TEST, thee enquiring "POSSABLE" customer was not totally satisfied with the bike, or the leading employee for FREE at NO COST with NO MONEY DOWN and 18 months INTEREST FREE!?
And Carmen Electra helped this Naki lad into and out of his leathers, just before he woke up...

merv
9th September 2004, 21:06
And Carmen Electra helped this Naki lad into and out of his leathers, just before he woke up...

I don't know if that's a dream I'd want to have given that Dennis Rodman had his hands (and other things) on her at one stage.

riffer
9th September 2004, 21:12
You sound like you're describing Wairakei around the other side but the map is right. Tokaanu has hot pools but not much in the way of steam pipes compared to Wairakei.
Sorry. My bad. :( You're absolutely right Merv. Tokaanu is the hot pools place, Wairakei has the steam. I remember now.

Must be time for my medication.... :doctor:

Racey Rider
10th September 2004, 13:47
And Carmen Electra helped this Naki lad into and out of his leathers,
just before he woke up...

O, so you heard the rumour too Hitch.

My Mistake tho. As WT hasn't replied yet, (still considering??!) It may have been that OTHER fine Wellington motorcycle establishment.

Must have been a good Promotion tool for them. 1 up over the competition aye what!

We've all heard of the rumour, as it spread the length of the country, from biker to biker,, all being incouraged to visit THAT fine Wellington motorcycle establishment for their next purchase. A Promotion tool SO GOOD, that dispite the intial cost outlay, would bring a financial return well beyoned the short term thinking of even the best leading employee who can't come up with good reason why it wouldn't work, and is at this very moment suggesting to "the Boss" what a wonderful idea it was/is! :niceone:

White trash
10th September 2004, 14:17
O, so you heard the rumour too Hitch.

My Mistake tho. As WT hasn't replied yet, (still considering??!) It may have been that OTHER fine Wellington motorcycle establishment.

Must have been a good Promotion tool for them. 1 up over the competition aye what!

We've all heard of the rumour, as it spread the length of the country, from biker to biker,, all being incouraged to visit THAT fine Wellington motorcycle establishment for their next purchase. A Promotion tool SO GOOD, that dispite the intial cost outlay, would bring a financial return well beyoned the short term thinking of even the best leading employee who can't come up with good reason why it wouldn't work, and is at this very moment suggesting to "the Boss" what a wonderful idea it was/is! :niceone:

"The Boss" is still in hospital after laughing so hard, he choked and had to be ressuscitated twice.

Hitcher
10th September 2004, 14:35
(to match my leathers), for the weekend, free of charge, under the watchful eye of their leading employee, with all expences paid,(i.e. fuel/insurance/camp fees/Her Majesty's speed tax), and a deal to fly said leading employee to NP to pick bike up, if upon the finalisation of said TEST, thee enquiring "POSSIBLE" customer was not totally satisfied with the bike, or the leading employee for FREE at NO COST with NO MONEY DOWN and 18 months INTEREST FREE!?
All joking aside, this is a great idea for a bike shop to consider. They'd only have to do it once for it to become a legend (that they could of course deny they'd ever done, nudge, nudge). And in all likelihood it would probably only cost them the cost of one air ticket. Bugger all difference I can see with the "free delivery anywhere in NZ" deal that many dealers offer.

Racey Rider
10th September 2004, 15:40
All joking aside, this is a great idea for a bike shop to consider. They'd only have to do it once for it to become a legend (that they could of course deny they'd ever done, nudge, nudge). And in all likelihood it would probably only cost them the cost of one air ticket. Bugger all difference I can see with the "free delivery anywhere in NZ" deal that many dealers offer.

Thanks Hitch,
If I pull this off, there'll be a pint in it for ya. :apint:
Booked up to WMC promotion expense account ofcourse! ;)
Are't they just a Legend! ? ?
Well,, Not confirmed yet, Waiting to see!!
Will keep you updated.
You and the rest of the country's Biker community, that are ALL Waiting,,, at this pivotal moment in proceeding! Waiting for "the Boss" to realise from his hospital bed,
*1* - No ones watching over WT at the shop, &
*2* All that dosh he spends on ink advertising returns just a pittance, A PITTANCE I say, to the return this one good deed to a possible, POSSIBLE!, future customer would unlease!

loosebruce
11th September 2004, 00:56
I's a already told ya i'll meet ya on your route to tokkaaahnuuu (whatever), i'll bowl down with the north crew and carry on down to "that place" and meet you, anyone from the north keen on doing that let me know.
Meet up with quasi today at tookanuu :doh: tis a nice wee place, it's gonna be a good weekend.

BTW it aint the steam pipe place just outta taupo, its at the southern end of lake taupo you access it either via turangi or from tamaranui, nice ride to i must say.

jimbo600
11th September 2004, 16:25
White Trashes Excellent Adventure

1st We leave Wellington Motorcycles at 1:15pm sharp, bikes should be gassed and ready to roll at this stage.

2nd The route will be announced there and then, it will not be the most direct but fairly interesting. Every rider will have a route map so as not to get lost.

3rd There will be minimal stops. Just fuel and maybe a quick bite and coffee somewhere. I don't want the Northeners drinking all the piss before I get there.

4th The pace will be "brisk" without breaking any laws of course, everyone will know the route as per 2nd note so there shouldn't be any hassles.

Lets all get there in one piece so as to enjoy a shit hot weekend.

Any one keen? Let me know.

You get me a bike sausage jockey and I'll be there for the ride.

Otherwise I'll meet you up there in the cage.

Quasievil
11th September 2004, 17:27

Otherwise I'll meet you up there in the cage.
Hi Jimbo does that mean you want to Book a room and meal ??? you can sleep in WT room

Racey Rider
11th September 2004, 17:45

Hey!Hey!Hey!HEY! :angry:
You get to the back of the line Jimbo000!
Certane folk have put a dam lot of effort in on that "You get me a bike" angle.

There are protocols to be observed in the delicate process of scaming a ride! :yeah:

you can't just say "Get me a bike!"
I mean, what are ya? His friend or something?! :hug: :love2: :moon:

Now once that GSXR1100 is secured by those abiding by the rules, Then you might be able to offer your services to give the shop hack a run! :rockon:

Deano
11th September 2004, 19:45
[COLOR=Blue]I mean, what are ya? His friend or something?! :hug: :love2: :moon:

With pet names like 'sausage jockey' Im beginning to wonder.

Im in for the Trash Ride to Tokaanu.

jimbo600
12th September 2004, 09:50
With pet names like 'sausage jockey' Im beginning to wonder.

Im in for the Trash Ride to Tokaanu.

I aint from planet batty.

I'm from planet saddickhead who can't seem to negotiate corners and is hence bikeless.

jimbo600
12th September 2004, 09:53
Hi Jimbo does that mean you want to Book a room and meal ??? you can sleep in WT room\

Yeah book me up quas. I would have booked earlier, but I though it was just a Waikato ride for you northern types.

Deano
12th September 2004, 09:55
I'm from planet saddickhead who can't seem to negotiate corners and is hence bikeless.

Who hasn't been there ?

One very quick CBR600 sitting in my garage, no rider but I have the key......

Dunno if Cycosis would be keen to lend his baby to anyone though. :spudwhat:

jimbo600
12th September 2004, 10:07
Who hasn't been there ?

One very quick CBR600 sitting in my garage, no rider but I have the key......

Dunno if Cycosis would be keen to lend his baby to anyone though. :spudwhat:

Nice thought mate, but it's a Honda.

Plus if I fucked it I would have to leave the country to get away from cycosis' wrath.

Deano
12th September 2004, 10:27

Yeah, I could see how after riding a Honda you would be ruined for all other bikes.

Plus if I fucked it I would have to leave the country to get away from cycosis' wrath.

Not that he could catch you at the moment......

Posh Tourer :P
12th September 2004, 20:57

Sounds like you'd be better off with the 05 model :buggerd:

Racey Rider
13th September 2004, 12:41
Are't they just a Legend! ? ?
Well,, Not confirmed yet, Waiting to see!!

"So Racey,, That free ride's not looking too promising as yet" I hear you say.

But No no! Things are all under control.
These things take time you know.

The first few days get the: "Tell that guy to get a life" response.

Then a couple of days of: "As if we would get any benefit from that"

A couple of: "It possablely could be worth it"

Then onto the:"I guess it would generate a fair penny of publicity"

And finally a: "TRASH!!! Get that Racey Rider on the phone! We NEED his services!"

So, I should have some good news for ya 'bout Friday arfo I reck'n!

Yep! Good things take time! :niceone:

White trash
13th September 2004, 13:08
"Hell freezes over" has been mentioned, so yep, thhat's a bit of time.

Deano
13th September 2004, 15:44
"Hell freezes over" has been mentioned, so yep, thhat's a bit of time.

Hey hey Racey - looks like you could be in there.

NC
13th September 2004, 16:04
:eek:

Im so excited!

:banana:

LOL!!!

*Crawls back under the rock*

White trash
13th September 2004, 16:06
:eek:

Im so excited!

:banana:

LOL!!!

*Crawls back under the rock*

So are we. :msn-wink:

NC
10th October 2004, 07:39
"The Boss" is still in hospital after laughing so hard, he choked and had to be ressuscitated twice.

I hope you didn't slip him the tongue:killingme

Hooks
11th October 2004, 19:22
Then ....freedom and ride ride ride, party party party .. No kids and no phone !!!
Ahhhh the freedom .... I can smell the ales already ....

SPman
11th October 2004, 22:15
Hey, Im carrying on down to Welly. Catch a tow back with some of youse guys? (assuming the old POS doesnt shit itself - its getting a bit worn down below. Mind you, arent we all)

White trash
12th October 2004, 07:02
Hey, Im carrying on down to Welly. Catch a tow back with some of youse guys? (assuming the old POS doesnt shit itself - its getting a bit worn down below. Mind you, arent we all)

You comin' down after the rally? Or before then travell back up?

I'll be leaving *fairly* early Sunday to make it back to a mates place for the bike racing.

SPman
12th October 2004, 11:06
After. Leave early - no probs.

toads
12th October 2004, 13:43
Then ....freedom and ride ride ride, party party party .. No kids and no phone !!!
Ahhhh the freedom .... I can smell the ales already ....

Cool eh Hooks, just getting my older kids sorted for the weekend now and been playing with my bike, making up little (hopefully unessecery) tool kit to put under the seat, and getting my bloody awful packrack on the old girl. I hope the weather will be ok, Gisborne is set for brilliant weather, but the central north island looks doubtful, still I'll ride in the rain if it means no kids and partying at the end of it!!

toads
12th October 2004, 13:46
After. Leave early - no probs.

Glad you are coming along after all spman, it's gonna be kewl!!

Hooks
12th October 2004, 14:56
Cool eh Hooks, just getting my older kids sorted for the weekend now and been playing with my bike, making up little (hopefully unessecery) tool kit to put under the seat, and getting my bloody awful packrack on the old girl. I hope the weather will be ok, Gisborne is set for brilliant weather, but the central north island looks doubtful, still I'll ride in the rain if it means no kids and partying at the end of it!!

Oh yeah it's cool alright !! I have my KB sweatshirt now too so all I need to do is get my mirror and put it on and I'm ready to rock !!! :doobey: That and organise to meet up with White Trashes Adventurers on their trek north and tack on the back of their slipstream and get dragged up. !! :yes:

White trash
13th October 2004, 06:49
Who's joining me on this ride? I know Hooks and Deano are in. Anyone else?

Slipstream
13th October 2004, 06:54
Who's joining me on this ride? I know Hooks and Deano are in. Anyone else?

:yeah:

Are you going up by car or bike? :Pokey:

White trash
13th October 2004, 06:57
:yeah:

Are you going up by car or bike? :Pokey:

Ummmmmm Someone will use my car as a sort of support vehicle i think.

As I'm a bit of a procrastinator, the final details wont be sorted untill around 12:55 Saturday.

Slipstream
13th October 2004, 07:01
As I'm a bit of a procrastinator, the final details wont be sorted untill around 12:55 Saturday.

Hey procrastinate this :Pokey: ...... :P :D

Deano
13th October 2004, 07:08
I'll be leaving *fairly* early Sunday to make it back to a mates place for the bike racing.

Would this be the mate you haven't informed yet ?? :spudwhat:

Happy to accomodate.....

White trash
13th October 2004, 07:13
Would this be the mate you haven't informed yet ?? :spudwhat:

Happy to accomodate.....

Ummm... No not that mate. But you're welcome to join us at another mates place and partake in the festivities.

I do have more than one friend, Dean. :(

Hooks
13th October 2004, 12:35
Well it looks like small band so far !! :no: .... Might pay to repost under a new thread maybe ..... :spudwhat:

White trash
13th October 2004, 12:38
Well it looks like small band so far !! :no: .... Might pay to repost under a new thread maybe ..... :spudwhat:

Hayden will be tagging along for a jaunt also.

Small groups make for seedy travelling, hooks. :msn-wink:

bungbung
13th October 2004, 13:18
...Small groups make for seedy travelling, hooks. :msn-wink:

Buyer beware of the seedy man

What strange goings on will occur?

Tune in this Saturday for more...

Hooks
13th October 2004, 13:30
Hayden will be tagging along for a jaunt also.

Seedy is for sunday .... if we've done it right !! :whistle: .... Hopefully sPeedy is for saturday .... :niceone:

the yoshie
13th October 2004, 14:05
I'll go for a blast up the Island but have to be back in pram at 6pm saturday
night hook up tonite and see were I can catch you guys up souldn't be to hard :killingme

Slipstream
13th October 2004, 16:44
Said a few weeks ago:

Yeah, I got the ol' Ball and Chain back there too. Luckily, I'm a responsible young chap so she'll feel nothing but safe the whole way.

Said last week:

Cool man. I won't be travelling at horendus speeds on SH's anyway. It'd be cool to ride with you if you wanna.

Said today:

You change your mind about the pace and the company? :mellow: :( :disapint:

What bike you gonna model anyways? :)
I hear a Road King was on the cards... :yeah:
Aren't you too teeny to control one of them bohemeths? :bleh: :laugh:

White trash
14th October 2004, 06:54
What bike you gonna model anyways? :)
I hear a Road King was on the cards... :yeah:
Aren't you too teeny to control one of them bohemeths? :bleh: :laugh:

Teeny? Maybe. But you underestimate the trashy-trashyness.

If it's got two wheels and a motor, I'll ride it.

Seriously though folks, a budding pre '89 racer in Auckland has just bought my bike. Unless I'm extremely good at giving the boss head, and can borrow a Roadking Classic for the weekend, I may be arriving in the Trash-Bling mobile. Seat laid right back, airbag suspension bouncing away and Kid Rock blaring from the stereo.

I'm off to do some jaw excercises. :shit:

ching_ching
14th October 2004, 07:36
Due to circumstances beyond my control the department is definitely short staffed so as not to leave my co workers working ungodly o/t hours will have to work my whole shift.
BUT!!!
As soon as the hooter goes I'm outta there like shit through a goose.

So might be able to do the meetups with either the South contingent or the Northern group. My question is:

I can meet with some of you Windies if / when passing through Waiouru. Otherwise can meet up with the Northerners when they pass through Taumarunui. I finish at 2pm.

Please let me know approx time when either group is passing through those towns then I'll make a choice (ie flip a coin :eek: )

Grateful

ching

Hooks
14th October 2004, 13:45
Teeny? Maybe. But you underestimate the trashy-trashyness.

If it's got two wheels and a motor, I'll ride it.

Seriously though folks, a budding pre '89 racer in Auckland has just bought my bike. Unless I'm extremely good at giving the boss head, and can borrow a Roadking Classic for the weekend, I may be arriving in the Trash-Bling mobile. Seat laid right back, airbag suspension bouncing away and Kid Rock blaring from the stereo.

I'm off to do some jaw excercises. :shit:

Yeah well good luck mate !! .. looks like just Deano & I Huh ??? ...

jrandom
14th October 2004, 13:54
Unless I'm extremely good at giving the boss head, and can borrow a Roadking Classic for the weekend, I may be arriving in the Trash-Bling mobile...

You sound like a man who needs some leckytronick gee-pee-ess navigatin' action, bein' as you will undoubtedly fail to recognise the roads through the windscreen of a filthy-arse cagemobile, and get lost in the middle of nowhere.

Hmmm.

White trash
14th October 2004, 14:03
Not fucken looking good for the borrowed bling-mobile. Shitty weather and 350ks of wet roads, a good argument for borrowing a $37k bike do not make.

White trash
14th October 2004, 14:05
You sound like a man who needs some leckytronick gee-pee-ess navigatin' action, bein' as you will undoubtedly fail to recognise the roads through the windscreen of a filthy-arse cagemobile, and get lost in the middle of nowhere.

Hmmm.

Mate, the Lex-arse has travelled those roads that often in the past 2 months, it'll drive its self there.

Knight Rider stylz :cool2:

jrandom
14th October 2004, 14:08
Knight Rider stylz :cool2:

Bastard. Theme stuck in head.

White trash
14th October 2004, 14:09
Bastard. Theme stuck in head.

How do ya think I feel, it's the alarm on my cell ph.

Every morning at 6.45, away it goes.

Quasievil
14th October 2004, 14:16
[QUOTE=ching_ching]Due to circumstances beyond my control the department is definitely short staffed so as not to leave my co workers working ungodly o/t hours will have to work my whole shift.
BUT!!!
As soon as the hooter goes I'm outta there like shit through a goose.

So might be able to do the meetups with either the South contingent or the Northern group. My question is:

I can meet with some of you Windies if / when passing through Waiouru. Otherwise can meet up with the Northerners when they pass through Taumarunui. I finish at 2pm.

Please let me know approx time when either group is passing through those towns then I'll make a choice (ie flip a coin :eek: )

Hey Ching Ching, I reckon we will be coming throughTauramanui around 4pm ish, if you get there B4 head north you wont miss us
Cheers

Hooks
14th October 2004, 15:04
Maybe I'll buzz off alone early :spudwave: ..... and keep the seats warm and the beer cold for ya :msn-wink: .....If I don't drink 'em all before you get there.... :apint: I already have a thirst you could photograph ... :beer:

Velox
14th October 2004, 15:33
Maybe I'll buzz off alone early :spudwave: ..... and keep the seats warm and the beer cold for ya :msn-wink: .....If I don't drink 'em all before you get there.... :apint: I already have a thirst you could photograph ... :beer:
There's about 7 of us coming up from Wgtn a bit earlier on if you want to meet up near Palmy. We're planning on leaving around 10:30 ish (or was it 10 - I better check that out). If it's ok weather we'll take a long way there, but if it's crap we'll just head straight up SH1.

Hitcher
14th October 2004, 16:17
Mrs H and I will be heading away about 10:00am tomorrow and stopping for lunch at the Cuba Cafe on Cuba Street (by the roundabout) in Palmerston North. Afternoon tea will be at the Exchange Cafe in Taihape. We may see you on the road. Go safely folks!

Hooks
14th October 2004, 16:26
There's about 7 of us coming up from Wgtn a bit earlier on if you want to meet up near Palmy. We're planning on leaving around 10:30 ish (or was it 10 - I better check that out). If it's ok weather we'll take a long way there, but if it's crap we'll just head straight up SH1.

Sweet !! I'll send you my cell# and you can let me know when you are leaving Welly ... and which way you're going and I'll pick a spot to meet ya ... Probably at Sanson would be the best .....

Slipstream
14th October 2004, 21:54
Someone tell White Trash that if he doesn't go, you're gonna kick his ay-iss. :kick: :shake:

...mumble mumble...tell me you're not goin'...mumble mumble....I'll show you....mumble mumble....pah....

Just cos he can't decide between havin' a pillion or backseat....WT get a grip man! :angry2:

White trash
15th October 2004, 07:19
Confirmed.

For the first time ever, WT is bikeless. I will be travelling by dirty cage to a fuggin bike rally. :mad:

However, I'd rather be there to partake in festivities of this momentus occasion than miss out because I aint got a bike.

For those riding, have a safe journey. Jaz, I'll pick you up if I see ya stranded in the rain.

Look out for the Trash mobile folks :cool2:

Cajun
15th October 2004, 07:41
Confirmed.

For the first time ever, WT is bikeless. I will be travelling by dirty cage to a fuggin bike rally. :mad:

However, I'd rather be there to partake in festivities of this momentus occasion than miss out because I aint got a bike.

For those riding, have a safe journey. Jaz, I'll pick you up if I see ya stranded in the rain.

Look out for the Trash mobile folks :cool2:

The banana woman as spoken and we are taking the cage as well, she doesn't want to set out in the rain on purpose, thats my trick dc:<