PDA

View Full Version : Jack Reacher...

BarBender
23rd May 2007, 22:31
Any Reacher :stoogie: fans out there?

If Child sold the film rights, who would you suggest play the big man??

sAsLEX
24th May 2007, 04:50
Yes read all the books, but the latest one must get that now you remind me.....

As to actor? None that come to mind that have the brains to match the brawn.....yes I know I am talking about actors.....

BarBender
24th May 2007, 08:50
Bad Luck and Trouble.
Great read. Up there with Killing Floor.

I know what you mean about actors. I'm struggling to think of anyone who could do it hence the post.

Grub
24th May 2007, 08:54
Currently reading Bad Luck & Trouble ... not finished yet, so don't anyone dare say what happens.

Nasty has met Lee Child at a book signing and has a signed original.

We are fans, Nasty has the full collection

Grub
24th May 2007, 08:58

Colapop!!!!! Who else.

Nasty
24th May 2007, 08:58
A the Grub said ..said I am a total fan of Lee Child .. (amongst others) .. latest book was fantastic ... he is improving with time unlike some of the genre who are dying as they further into the character development e.g. Patricia Cornwell.

Kickaha
24th May 2007, 09:26
Any Reacher :stoogie: fans out there?

Clive Owen

Only been through a few of the "Reacher" books, Killing Floor, One Shot, and Die Trying, whats the first one?

Sniper
24th May 2007, 11:07
whats the first one?

Killing Floor was the first one I believe

I have all the books too. Damn good writer

zadok
24th May 2007, 15:03
I've read just about all Child's books and love them. As for who would play Reacher.........it needs to be someone tall and that can handle himself. Someone like Steven Segal, BUT NOT HIM.

BarBender
24th May 2007, 15:38
Colapop!!!!! Who else.

A the Grub said ..said I am a total fan of Lee Child .. (amongst others) .. latest book was fantastic ... he is improving with time unlike some of the genre who are dying as they further into the character development e.g. Patricia Cornwell.

Its amazing how many couples are into Jack

Nasty
24th May 2007, 15:40
Its amazing how many couples are into Jack

LOL .. well truth be told .. Grub reads most of my books when I am finished ... he doesn't buy new books .. and we have almost all of my books in trade paperback ... cos I buy as soon as they are out .... :)

pritch
24th May 2007, 15:41
Yes read all the books, but the latest one must get that now you remind me.....

Me too. I just saw the latest book earlier this week.

BarBender
24th May 2007, 15:42
Clive Owen

Only been through a few of the "Reacher" books, Killing Floor, One Shot, and Die Trying, whats the first one?

Clive Owen....mmmmmmmmmm .....maybe :yes:> He certainly comes across with some who has horsepower in the brains as well as the biceps...

LOL .. well truth be told .. Grub reads most of my books when I am finished ... he doesn't buy new books .. and we have almost all of my books in trade paperback ... cos I buy as soon as they are out .... :)

Youre the 10th couple I know who read Jack and if its the case-the 7th where the female gender read him first and recommend him to the male.

Clive is on the list...anymore contenders?

Just found this...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Film/Reacher-role-within-Jackmans-grasp/2005/04/26/1114462040370.html

El Dopa
24th May 2007, 20:05
Clive Owen

Clive Owen would need to bulk up by about 100 lbs to even be close to how Reacher is supposed to look.

I can't remember what the first one's called, but it has his brother in it (well, as a corpse), and it's written in the first person.

I actually think the series is getting worse over time - too formulaic.

Also, the author does his research pretty well, but every so often he drops a real howler that drags you out out of the story. Spoils it a bit for me.

'Terminator'-era Arnie had the right physique and the right sort of ruthless, implacable, unstoppable nature, but that was 25-30 years ago. There would also have been the small problem of accent

deanohit
24th May 2007, 20:12
interesting but i think hugh jackman isnt big or solid enough to play a man over 6 foot and 200-250 lbs.same with clive owen.no actors that size spring to mind.

Mutley
24th May 2007, 20:23
Yeah I like Lee Childs books. Got them all except the latest.
Enjoy that "Thinking man with a heart of gold, Rambo type character".:yes:

Kickaha
25th May 2007, 09:01
Clive Owen would need to bulk up by about 100 lbs to even be close to how Reacher is supposed to look.

The majority of people who see the movie wouldn't know how he is supposed to look

What about Dolph Lundgren :lol:

El Dopa
25th May 2007, 19:05
The majority of people who see the movie wouldn't know how he is supposed to look

What about Dolph Lundgren :lol:

No, but the character in the books is physically imposing. If he walked into a room - any room, anywhere - everyone in the room would know that a brick shithouse had just arrived, even if they weren't facing the door.

Without a major re-write (which would in the process destroy the 'character' in the books, and create a new, completely different character), the actor has to have that physical presence. Otherwise it's going to be a major headache for the film-makers.

Dolph Lundgren had it, but the other problem for the film-makers is that Reacher has a brain like a razor. there's aren't that many actors, built or otherwise, who can pull that off on screen, even when its scripted.

Nasty
25th May 2007, 19:20
No, but the character in the books is physically imposing. If he walked into a room - any room, anywhere - everyone in the room would know that a brick shithouse had just arrived, even if they weren't facing the door.

Without a major re-write (which would in the process destroy the 'character' in the books, and create a new, completely different character), the actor has to have that physical presence. Otherwise it's going to be a major headache for the film-makers.

Dolph Lundgren had it, but the other problem for the film-makers is that Reacher has a brain like a razor. there's aren't that many actors, built or otherwise, who can pull that off on screen, even when its scripted.

They did a majoy rewrite with Bones and Brennan ... the character is meant to be a young verison of the Reiches character ... but is placed in the now .. which her current character is based in as well .. is weird.

BarBender
25th May 2007, 20:20

No re-write neccesary as Hollywood can do anything - even having De Niro play the lead and casting a troop of short people and using 3/4 scale props.

El Dopa
25th May 2007, 20:29
No re-write neccesary as Hollywood can do anything - even having De Niro play the lead and casting a troop of short people and using 3/4 scale props.

I've now got an image in my head of Robert De Niro fighting munchkins on the set of the Wizard of Oz. Thanks for that. I expect my dreams tonight will be vivid and surreal.

Not saying it can't be done, just that it throws up a whole heap of difficulties.

BarBender
25th May 2007, 20:35
I've now got an image in my head of Robert De Niro fighting munchkins on the set of the Wizard of Oz. Thanks for that. I expect my dreams tonight will be vivid and surreal.

Not saying it can't be done, just that it throws up a whole heap of difficulties.

Sweet dreams.:shutup:
Yeah totally understand your point about the difficulties. I guess thats what makes the question of who plays Reacher interesting.
According to the article I put up, Child is happy with Jackman taking the role...however most Reacher fans would be thinking...WTF?

By the way I love your avatar. I saw TGTBTU for the 10th time a couple of nights ago. Loved it.
"Hey Blondie"