PDA

View Full Version : Make an offer! Going cheap

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 11:48
Okay, has to go, am legal to ride again but live in town now, not the suburbs and have no room to park her and cant bear to live it outside so am looking for a small 50 - 250cc bike (also so i can be legally riding aswell)

1991 Honda CBR400RR
65,000 or there abouts
New Paint job
Just been stripped down completely and rebuilt because i couldnt ride it for 6 months
Good tyres - both hardly any use
Carbon fibre front mudguard
REGO on hold
Braided brake lines
Manual
Have photos of throughout the rebuild if required - otherwise search under the general maintanence section where i photographed it all.
does have a cracked windscreen but has been glued

Does have a cracked fuel line where it connects into the carbs, i am waiting for the uni holidays in 1 week when i can get back out to whitby and replace this and reconnect it back up, carbs are off at the moment.

Cannot be fuct with trademe so will consider all REASONABLE offers, you will be suprised how cheap i will let it go for, or swap for a small 50cc or 250cc bike or scooter, just something to get me around town without catching the bus!

Call or txt 0273430095 or drop me a PM

James Deuce
25th May 2007, 11:54
If anyone buys this to turn into an F3 racer I'll be very disappointed. This bike is just lovely.

Joni
25th May 2007, 12:04
So what does make me offer... going cheap mean?

$500? $1000? $4000?

:spudwhat:

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 12:07
Cost me $3,100 originally
have spent around $1,000 - $1,500 on it tidying it up

I am looking for just under half this or a decent trade.

Sniper
25th May 2007, 12:23
Swap you for an FZR250 :innocent:?

Brett
25th May 2007, 12:51
Swap you for a 1989 ZXr 250 with 22,000kms on it...good mechanicals, needs cosmetic tidy up...and some cash your way perhaps?

limbimtimwim
25th May 2007, 13:29
Where do you live? You could park it at my place.

WRT
25th May 2007, 15:23
Wasn't Keystone just looking for something cheap around the 400cc mark?

Winter
25th May 2007, 16:00
1991 or 1990? the ad says one but profile says tother?

nooice bike either way.

Fatjim
25th May 2007, 16:33
Isn't that turquoise?

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 16:38
Where do you live? You could park it at my place.

thorndon - ill park your gsxr in my lounge

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 16:39
Isn't that turquoise?

turquoise.....i dunno its like a baby blue colour?

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 16:40
1991 or 1990? the ad says one but profile says tother?

nooice bike either way.

Ummmm....good question, will have to find the paper work.

Chrislost
25th May 2007, 17:38
its too nice for what i want:)

COP_B8
25th May 2007, 18:42
its too nice for what i want:)

What do you want it for, i can de nice it, and i wont charge you for my time :yes:

skidMark
25th May 2007, 20:15
i'm a pro denicer, i will help you out for free...gimme a twisty road.....one piece leathers...... and 20 minutes....

skidMark
26th May 2007, 14:48
pm sent.....

Str8 Jacket
26th May 2007, 14:51
Would ya sell it for $1500ish?....

skidMark
26th May 2007, 14:59
Would ya sell it for $1500ish?....

keep ur grubby mits off lol

Str8 Jacket
26th May 2007, 15:00
keep ur grubby mits off lol

Well, considering he lives literally 5 mins from my house, no! :p

skidMark
26th May 2007, 15:04
Well, considering he lives literally 5 mins from my house, no! :p

grrrrrrrr

check ur pm's cop_b8 lol

Str8 Jacket
26th May 2007, 15:08
grrrrrrrr

check ur pm's cop_b8 lol

I have his cell phone number. Could give you it but it'd cost you!

skidMark
26th May 2007, 15:11
already got it it's in first post lol i txt him too nya nya :innocent:

McJim
26th May 2007, 15:11
I answered an ad for a budgie going cheap.
"how much for the budgie" I asked?
"$500" he replied
"I thought your ad said it was going cheap?"
"It does go cheap - sometimes it talks too."
:killingme

skidMark
26th May 2007, 15:13
trust the crazy scottsman to tell us that one

COP_B8
26th May 2007, 17:22
nah wouldnt let her go for $1500.00 sorry. Pm replied to skidmark

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 11:10
The bike will be in Wellington (Thorndon) from friday with the required work completed (fuel lines reinstalled) so can be test riden from then.

I have found a scooter :) to buy so am eager to sell this bike soon.
will sell for less in as is condition (need to replace fuel line (part supplied) into carbereuter (sp?) and reinstall carbs, for anyone mechanically minded, it then saves me getting the bike transported into wellington and doing it :yes: )

Chrislost
28th May 2007, 17:01
What do you want it for, i can de nice it, and i wont charge you for my time :yes:

sliding down the road, dirt tyres and gravel...

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 18:24
Come on, would make a great F3 bike aswell :Punk: ......just dont ask Jim

crazefox
28th May 2007, 19:13
how much u want then mate i am keen

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 19:26
how much u want then mate i am keen

PM sent (10 chars)

ducboy1
28th May 2007, 20:52
The bike will be in Wellington (Thorndon) from friday with the required work completed (fuel lines reinstalled) so can be test riden from then.

I have found a scooter :) to buy so am eager to sell this bike soon.
will sell for less in as is condition (need to replace fuel line (part supplied) into carbereuter (sp?) and reinstall carbs, for anyone mechanically minded, it then saves me getting the bike transported into wellington and doing it :yes: )

WTF??? :gob:

Ok I am pretty confused. Yesterday when I spoke to you on the phone I offered to come straight out to Whitby to view the bike - you said you would give me a ring and arrange the visit with a view to purchase 'as is'. :dodge:

Her_B4 then sent you a PM to let you know that we were very interested in it regardless of whether it was going or not, and would prefer to see it in Whitby as opposed to going into town. Neither of us had a response :shutup: and came across this update by accident.

Is it for sale or not??? :nono: If it is - can we please arrange to view it anywhere at all??? I REPEAT we would like to see it with a view to purchasing it AS IS.

Am I not talking english? :shutup:

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 21:12
WTF??? :gob:

Ok I am pretty confused. Yesterday when I spoke to you on the phone I offered to come straight out to Whitby to view the bike - you said you would give me a ring and arrange the visit with a view to purchase 'as is'. :dodge:

Her_B4 then sent you a PM to let you know that we were very interested in it regardless of whether it was going or not, and would prefer to see it in Whitby as opposed to going into town. Neither of us had a response :shutup: and came across this update by accident.

Is it for sale or not??? :nono: If it is - can we please arrange to view it anywhere at all??? I REPEAT we would like to see it with a view to purchasing it AS IS.

Am I not talking english? :shutup:

Plans changed, have since found a :scooter: im purchasing so have now decided I will advertise it 'as is' :bye: until such time i have the time to work on it.

Can be viewed in whitby on thursday evening (unrunning), otherwise in thorndon friday on (running and more $$$)

:apint: :niceone: :bleh: .....

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 21:17
How about a swap for a 2000 TR50 Street Magic modded can do 80kph....shame its in Welly

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 21:28
How about a swap for a 2000 TR50 Street Magic modded can do 80kph....shame its in Welly

Thats one of the two bike i was after :( couldnt find a decent one in welly though so decided on a suzuki az50 scooter :scooter: are you in Ackld?

Qkchk
28th May 2007, 21:37
Thats one of the two bike i was after :( couldnt find a decent one in welly though so decided on a suzuki az50 scooter :scooter: are you in Ackld?

Yep, North Shore. They are getting harder to find too, everyone is buying them up for commuting...

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 21:43
Yep, North Shore. They are getting harder to find too, everyone is buying them up for commuting...

yeah....thats my plan too.

skelstar
28th May 2007, 21:45
yeah....thats my plan too.

Dude, some Aucklanders are bringing their bikes down for racing for 16 June. I'm sure someone will chuck it on a trailer for ya.

COP_B8
28th May 2007, 21:48
Dude, some Aucklanders are bringing their bikes down for racing for 16 June. I'm sure someone will chuck it on a trailer for ya.

nah all good! found a little scooter in welly....wont be able to keep up on TCWNR's though haha.....50cc and all

Str8 Jacket
29th May 2007, 16:15
nah all good! found a little scooter in welly....wont be able to keep up on TCWNR's though haha.....50cc and all

Not that you could anyway....:whistle:

COP_B8
29th May 2007, 19:11
Not that you could anyway....:whistle:

hey......quiet in the cheap seats......................just you wait......my scooter versus your A100 :yes: any bets???...

COP_B8
29th May 2007, 19:26
come on people, bought for $3100 about a year ago, somewhere between $1000 and $1500 spent on it (i try not to think about it) as well as a full strip down and put back together (just like meccano in my younger days) and it still cant go..............able to be viewed in whitby on thursday night otherwise thorndon from then (with a few extra k's on the clock :yes: )for those of you that know it....... make an offer....price keeps dropping, i want this scooter :scooter: !!!!!!

Colapop
29th May 2007, 19:31
hey......quiet in the cheap seats......................just you wait......my scooter versus your A100 :yes: any bets???...
$50 on the Crack Ho!!

VasalineWarrior
29th May 2007, 19:38
come on people, bought for $3100 about a year ago, somewhere between $1000 and $1500 spent on it (i try not to think about it) as well as a full strip down and put back together (just like meccano in my younger days) and it still cant go..............able to be viewed in whitby on thursday night otherwise thorndon from then (with a few extra k's on the clock :yes: )for those of you that know it....... make an offer....price keeps dropping, i want this scooter :scooter: !!!!!!

I think you should just give it back to me. That paint job is fuckin awful! How could you do it? (piss moan)

jeremysprite
29th May 2007, 21:13
I would swap it for my GPX, surely that's better than a gutless scooter? And its pretty good on gas too, 22km/l.
I'd organise transport etc as well, I don't mind.

COP_B8
30th May 2007, 10:13
$50 on the Crack Ho!!

hey my girlfriend aint gunna be riding the scooter!!!!!

COP_B8
30th May 2007, 10:16
I think you should just give it back to me. That paint job is fuckin awful! How could you do it? (piss moan)

haha, ill give it back to you and you give me a wad of $$$$

i think paint job looks better......dont get shit now for having a purple motorbike either........

Str8 Jacket
30th May 2007, 14:43
hey my girlfriend aint gunna be riding the scooter!!!!!

LMFAO! Cam, Col calls me "Crack Ho". Im pretty sure im single....

COP_B8
30th May 2007, 14:55
yeah that crossed my mind but then i thought......why would col waste his money betting on you!

VasalineWarrior
30th May 2007, 23:01
haha, ill give it back to you and you give me a wad of $$$$

i think paint job looks better......dont get shit now for having a purple motorbike either........

Haha I know that bike and you only too well to fall for that one. Besides, I owned it and I wouldnt buy a bike off me

That said I DO kinda miss it. Passed many a shit talker on that thing around corners was prob faster on that up the tuckas than my current steed

When I start getting paid proper ill see if you still have it, you never know

COP_B8
11th June 2007, 14:42
bump............

skelstar
11th June 2007, 14:51
I find it unbelievable that this bike hasn't been snapped up yet.

COP_B8
11th June 2007, 14:55
I find it unbelievable that this bike hasn't been snapped up yet.

only got the carbs back on and it running last week, gunna whack it on tm later this week if no more luck!

FROSTY
11th June 2007, 16:00
dude --someone was asking about one of these in the mechanical section---reckon ya should bung him a PM-He was gonna pay 2500 for a buggered 89 cbr

JeremyW
11th June 2007, 18:32
Id swap it for my street magic if I didnt need money :(

Brett
11th June 2007, 19:00
I repeat, swap for my ZXR?:yes:

COP_B8
12th June 2007, 11:19
dude --someone was asking about one of these in the mechanical section---reckon ya should bung him a PM-He was gonna pay 2500 for a buggered 89 cbr

Cheers, PM sent

Morcs
12th June 2007, 12:29
Im making an official offer. A carefully deliberated offer, that should duly be considered as it was stated as going cheap.

$50.

Flick me a pm and I can arrange to have funds transfered this afternoon and I can pick the bike up tonight.

COP_B8
12th June 2007, 14:17
Im making an official offer. A carefully deliberated offer, that should duly be considered as it was stated as going cheap.

$50.

Flick me a pm and I can arrange to have funds transfered this afternoon and I can pick the bike up tonight.

Has been considered, but denied, however if i dont sell it by thursday ill whack her on trademe at $1.00 reserve and you can put on a $50.00 bet there!!!

zooter
12th June 2007, 16:57
With a new warrant of fitness? I might have missed it but didn't see one mentioned yet.

COP_B8
12th June 2007, 18:45
No warrant of fitness yet, will put one on when i stick it on trademe, obviously however it wont be going as cheap as it is now when wof'd and reg'd. do have someone interested so we'll see how we go!

COP_B8
18th June 2007, 10:20
still here.......bump!!!!

Meathorse
19th June 2007, 21:26
Is there something in the water at the moment!? All these nice decent sporty 400's on offer for a reasonable number of folding tokens! :shit: ...and no one wants them!

Now listen up - all you dirty buggers with cash who are sitting around going "Umm, err... I dunno - maybe?" You better not be hanging around when I finally get my own cashies together to buy one of these beauties! :nono:

Donations of cash or bike will be gladly accepted at any time! Alternatively, if any business would like to buy paint up and donate it to me, I am will whore myself as a flying billboard! On the promise of never painting it :blip:
Alternativley, if anyone wants to donate me the $$ to purchase said tasty bike, I may be willing to whore generally...

/on topic: Good luck with the sale C_B8

yod
19th June 2007, 21:41
Is there something in the water at the moment!? All these nice decent sporty 400's on offer for a reasonable number of folding tokens! :shit: ...and no one wants them!

Now listen up - all you dirty buggers with cash who are sitting around going "Umm, err... I dunno - maybe?" You better not be hanging around when I finally get my own cashies together to buy one of these beauties! :nono:

Donations of cash or bike will be gladly accepted at any time! Alternatively, if any business would like to buy paint up and donate it to me, I am will whore myself as a flying billboard! On the promise of never painting it :blip:
Alternativley, if anyone wants to donate me the $$ to purchase said tasty bike, I may be willing to whore generally...

/on topic: Good luck with the sale C_B8

dude, i got decent bike, not expensive and not far away from ya