PDA

View Full Version : Road legal and happy!

Donor
25th May 2007, 14:51
Picked up Zeocen from Sleep Central this morning and headed on over to Western Springs to meet Kerry, and purchase 2 brand spanking new Avon Road Rider tires.

HOLY CRAP!

First off, couldn't ask for more in customer service (well, other than the surly bloke who fitted the tires with all the pleasantness of a pitbull with a large pimple on its nutsack) and managed to glean some very useful and sensible bike/riding/gear tips from Kerry. This guy deserves so much kudos, it ain't funny!

Hopped on Rosey and pootled away with Zeocen in tow. Went round a few bends tentatively, then a bit quicker... I began to think I had jumped on the wrong bike!

What a difference a handful of dosh and new tires makes! I mean I know that more is better as far as tread goes, but these things are like the proverbial wet shit on a blanket - they just hold on, and on cornering, the footprint means the bike feels like it is being gripped to the tarmac by means of very sticky glue/magnets/velcro or sumthin'...

So for tires and service, certainly shop around, but for the love of the gods, be sure to talk to Kerry, the man certainly looks after his customers (with bonus surly pomgolian thrown in for free) and has a soft spot for KB types.

I gotta get riding... 2 weeks without wheels, I have a WOF, Rego, Gas and 2 weeks without my beloved to catch up on...

As you were folks... carry on! :scooter:

gijoe1313
25th May 2007, 15:13
bejesus! I'll ride with you to help scrub them in! Nothing like new rubber woo woo!

'bout blardy time too! Oh yeah - I did my WOF on Wednesday arvo, got new disc pads put in and sailed through with nary a whimper! :woohoo:

Even got a nice compliment ... "this hornet just keeps getting better and better every time I see it!" :love:

Jeaves
25th May 2007, 15:15
Excellent work mate!!

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:23
Cheers ears...

Mmmm... impromptu tire scrubbing ride... :drool:

Jeaves
25th May 2007, 15:27
Cheers ears...

Mmmm... impromptu tire scrubbing ride... :drool:

Yes please

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:29
Mint, GI is on his way to my place as we speak/type.

Trying to get another body or two together... will PM details (not that many really, being all impromptu and all...)

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:45
Okay, so me, GI, Jeaves and Vamr are comfirmed.

Any other takers? :D

Winter
25th May 2007, 15:46
Say what? where we going! dont forget meee!

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:47
Say what? where we going! dont forget meee!

See you at BP Botany soon then!

Winter
25th May 2007, 15:48
How soon? im about 12-15mins away

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:49
How soon? im about 12-15mins away

We'll be there in about 30!

(Edit: No Jeaves, we haven't forgotten you!)

Winter
25th May 2007, 15:51
good stuff. see yall there.

Donor
25th May 2007, 15:51
Right, Master Pootler and I are off to BP Botany!

0276 723786 if you want to register for this highly impromptu and bodacious ride!

Chisanga
25th May 2007, 17:52
COngrats on being legal Donor. Sorry I didn't reply to your text I was in the First Aid COurse and had no credit. I'm sure i'll catch up with you soon anyway... need to give you some Trademe Stuff :)

Winter
25th May 2007, 18:21
Well that was shortlived. Sorry I pissed off early.. Twas getting dark, And I couldn't see two thirds of fuck all.

Had a blast splitting on the mway home tho!

Jeaves
25th May 2007, 19:58
Well that was shortlived. Sorry I pissed off early.. Twas getting dark, And I couldn't see two thirds of fuck all.

Had a blast splitting on the mway home tho!

I dont blame ya! , i kept at it for a while after. However come twilight road and without my glasse's I couldnt see shite (10 points for not bringing em:doh: ) so after crawling through there i bailed off home via wendys :puke:

zeocen
25th May 2007, 22:01
Seeing Donor's expressing ... or what I could see of it through his helmet after getting new tyres was a sight to behold.
Then getting a tour through a glass factor, well that was just crazy on a new scale!

Very good lookin' tyres, and cheers for the tip on cherry coke.. that was A M A Z I N G.

Now back to being home ridden by the powers of pure evil *waits for punch*... there it is. :(

Donor
25th May 2007, 22:41
Seeing Donor's expressing ... or what I could see of it through his helmet after getting new tyres was a sight to behold.
Then getting a tour through a glass factor, well that was just crazy on a new scale!

Very good lookin' tyres, and cheers for the tip on cherry coke.. that was A M A Z I N G.

Now back to being home ridden by the powers of pure evil *waits for punch*... there it is. :(

Bwahaha... go the powers of pure evil!

Did I mention the most excellent impromptu ride, commencing at the BP in Botany, and incorporating the greater twisty sections of the Goat Track™?

Safe to say the tires are somewhat scrubbed, though another couple of hundred kms should see them properly prepped...

I'll let Master Pootler expand on the events of this eve... I'm still buzzing... I wonder if a short ride will fix that... :devil2:

gijoe1313
25th May 2007, 23:54
Well, after I got Vamr off to the moronway safe and sound, I had to do some chores ... involving my little ol'hornet dashing around and doing everything lickety-split.

The ride we took was in the dark and took in all the lovely twisties we know so well. BP Botany jump off point and we were all saying "Where's Jeaves!?" Donor took on himself to go to the little boy's room and we all knew Jeaves would turn up!

Lo and begorrah, Jeaves!

We did the ride through monument road, hit Maraetai and that's where Winter left us (I'm sure it was the delay! :lol:) Through to Clevedon and we adjusted our route to leave out Kawakawa and just do the Dover patented Goat Track route!

Through the twisties of twilight road, blatted back to Clevedon and into Paps to do Quarry Road. Pitch Black by now and the fun was only starting! Zipped and zapped our way through the Hunuas and back down to Clevedon.

Absolute Magic. I was point but rode like a nana - just the occasional cager coming in the opposite direction with full beams on :angry2: so I replied in kind :devil2:

It was so fun, I really wanted to keep riding! So tonight I did! Went to Slyvia Park, out to the city to read bike mags in Borders (I think I would like the new 2007 Hornet 600 :love:) to Wendy's for a feed (hey! I think someone else had a feed there as well! :scratch:)

Blatted around Mission bay, through St Heliers GP track, MT Wellington, Ellerslie and back on the moronway to Takanini Servo to refill and to post it all up here. :yes:

Actually, I still feel the need to ride ... and I've got a full tank of gas :shit: :scooter: :o

xwhatsit
26th May 2007, 01:38
...St Heliers GP track...

I'm intrigued... details! Route details I demand!

This could be a good candidate for pre-work time-wasting :yes:

Winter
26th May 2007, 01:48
I'm intrigued... details! Route details I demand!

This could be a good candidate for pre-work time-wasting :yes:

Holy up-late post batman! ?Yeah im next to st heliers so i'd love to know about some special track, buyt maybe tell me when i've not just finished my alcomohol..:sick:

xwhatsit
26th May 2007, 02:01
...up-late...alcomohol...

Likewise :innocent:

Asahi FTW!

vamr
26th May 2007, 05:24

Any idea what those large brownish square patches of roadwork were on the main road of cleavedon? Felt like mud the way the rear started to slide at a lean... had to stand the bike up then lean back down on the centre line. Wasn't the ideal choice but meh.

Good ride, for some reason enjoyed twilight road a lot more in the dark. The rhythm of the corner transitions felt a lot easier. Go figure.

Hehe, noticed you highbeaming the SUVs. At least we saw them coming up to the vanishing points well before being blinded.

Doner, did you get any friendly loose gravel fire this time around? :D

Have just finished work, arg, I am shattered. Time for me to pass out.

Donor
26th May 2007, 09:57
Cripes, just popped out to the man cave, and Rosey is covered in some nasty stuff, courteously of those brown patches from Clevedon methinks!

Anyhoo, awesome ride last night, I am no longer a Twilight Rd virgin, and several other twisty, pucker-worthy roads also got the SERIOUS nana learn from 'ol Donor last night!

Prior to last night, my total riding at night time was probably easily measured in minutes, so I was a bit more 'nana than usual (hard to believe I could go slower, I know) and was quite pleased to be riding TEC with the lesser spectacled Jeaves in front, as I got to blame him... nyuk nyuk!

After Jeaves' departure at Ardmore Quarry, I decided to suck it up and have a bit more fun with my fear and adrenaline. I quickly discovered my bike DOES have a high beam, and by gods does it light up! So then I'm off and before too long I espy a gijo1313 and a Vamr sitting and waiting, but only for a second and then vroooooom - ZIP!

I was learned and humbled.

But shit I had a POWER of fun!

Oh yeah, and my tires are all good too :D

Oh yeah, and the 2 smoker emissions were kindy sexy too, don't tell gi or ixion I said that though...

zeocen
26th May 2007, 10:28
I hate you guys

Donor
26th May 2007, 14:26
I hate you guys

Awww... now now, feel the love deep within man.

We all had a quiet moment for those who couldn't make it, well okay we didn't, but we'll certainly think about it next time :dodge:

gijoe1313
26th May 2007, 15:51
I hate you guys

Yes, we were disparaging your name and making cheap your manhood! Little in repose, did we deign to uncover a dearth of diseased rumours and muck about your character!

Fulsome was our songs sung with the noise of our steeds of design!
Not small was the heartiness of platonic male friendship -
Strengthened was our bond of comradeship - brothers of the cycle.
Mayhap, shall e'er our tyred paths shall brook,
Espy our grins and jeers, of cagers overtook.
Through lighted darkness and twisties aplenty,
We few, we merry few
Tarried at the Quarry, wended our way through Twilight's challenges,
Safe to home and ensconced with loved ones...
Dreaming of new places to evince those nostalgic feelings.

Excelsior!

zeocen
26th May 2007, 20:28
My mind officially exploded trying to decode that post.
I think, tomorrow should be a ride, be it after noon or night time!

Can't let donor get a big head with his new traction now, might have to set the record straight on who scraped their pegs on friday!:dodge:

Donor
26th May 2007, 20:43
My mind officially exploded trying to decode that post.
I think, tomorrow should be a ride, be it after noon or night time!

Can't let donor get a big head with his new traction now, might have to set the record straight on who scraped their pegs on friday!:dodge:

Dude, let it go... so you got the learn from that RGV going past Motohaus... cripes, one day your bike shall grow... :yes:

zeocen
26th May 2007, 21:47
Haha, *PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I have to admit, it was loud as shit but seemed like it could take off in a heartbeat... can't wait to see Daisy and Dandi finalised and be the first to be volunteer road fodder :) The need for accelleration is excessive!

Donor
26th May 2007, 21:52
Gotta say, while I giggle at the thought of the mighty RGV struggling... errr I mean roaring up the hill, he did at least give us 'the' nod...

(I suppose when you're decked out in all the flash gear yet riding something like that, you try to make all the friends you can...)

Anyway... *cough*

Hanne
26th May 2007, 23:15
Madison says to say 'hi' to Rosey.:mobile:

gijoe1313
26th May 2007, 23:48
Huzzah! I do believe the spirit of two-stroking is a live and well! (And no! It isn't a new technique for guys! :sick:)

So ... I made up for my lack of pootling today ... 500km on the trot just zinging around Auckland in general! :scratch:

All that just to see a little black hornet and some little toy soldiers! :o

I now have a new ork army to paint and a million imperial guardsmen .... in plastic and metal :whistle:

And yes, I want Daisy back on the road and Dandi to follow!

Daisy and Dandi went down a racetrack going faster
There was zeo, gi and donor,
A jeaves and insane1
I think it's a recipe for disaster!
We'll leave behind any moaners -
Pushing RZ's gleefully along, doing the ton
I guess we know,
who'll be having fun! :woohoo:

Donor
27th May 2007, 07:45
Madison says to say 'hi' to Rosey.:mobile:

Passed the message on, Rosey smiled and says hi back :)

zeocen
27th May 2007, 11:42
Can we do something today?
Anything? It's windy and yucky for an enjoyable ride but.... something bike related, I'm having withdrawls here!

....hello?

:(

Donor
27th May 2007, 12:14
Anything? It's windy and yucky for an enjoyable ride but.... something bike related, I'm having withdrawls here!

....hello?

:(

You read my mind - I have a couple of hours spare... wonder if Master Pootler is up to some bike fixin' or else I'm doomed to have a bike washing spree at my pad...

Want to head down here and see where we end up?

:edit: I'm out in the garden doing chores, text me if you formulate a cunning plan...

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 12:26
Alas, I have to mark exam scripts today and tonight :weep: And reports to write ...

Once those are done, I'm going to go monkey-mad on the bike fixing! Oh yes. I will.

Lucky I managed to pootle 500km yesterday somehow! :sweatdrop Oh yeah, already washed my little ol'hornet this morning! :woohoo:

Jeaves
27th May 2007, 12:27
You read my mind - I have a couple of hours spare... wonder if Master Pootler is up to some bike fixin' or else I'm doomed to have a bike washing spree at my pad...

Want to head down here and see where we end up?

:edit: I'm out in the garden doing chores, text me if you formulate a cunning plan...

want to wash mine? have spent the last hour with a toothbrush and destroyed a sponge trying to clean that mud shite off :brick:

zeocen
27th May 2007, 12:28
Bah you can spare a few hours Mr Joe, surely ! Wo ai ni! :love:

Time to find mah cellphone~

zeocen
27th May 2007, 12:33
want to wash mine? have spent the last hour with a toothbrush and destroyed a sponge trying to clean that mud shite off :brick:

Sounds like a bike wash at Donors pad is in order, lord knows mine needs one!

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 12:33

Ahh, you should be using a nice gel car wash formula - the stuff I'm using makes lots of bubbles and gets off all the tar, mud, bugs and other shite I gather on my pootlings!

And get yourself two washing mitts, one a fine jobby for the bodywork, the other a more fleecy with backed scourer for the rims and other crusty bits. Acid free metal cleanser for the rims, degreaser for those really crusty rims and autosol with terry cloths for that final shiny blingy bling bling look!

Supercheat is your friend with 25% discount days and the inclination to have your ride sparkly ooh-ahh clean!

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 12:34
Bah you can spare a few hours Mr Joe, surely ! Wo ai ni! :love:

Time to find mah cellphone~

Ohh alright. Howsabout a quick ride around Clevedon and do the goat track by day! :innocent:

Damn, suckered into a ride.

Maha
27th May 2007, 12:39

Re-name ya bikes perhaps?....give them an alta ego....:shit:

zeocen
27th May 2007, 12:41
Donor txts me and says you're most welcome to come along for a play too Jeaves !

No excuse now! Bring your toothbrush!

/edit: Dang, lots of posts haha
Okay, everyone to Donor's and suprise him in his garden, he said "invite them" so, see you all there !?

zeocen
27th May 2007, 12:46
Alright I'm heading to his house now, I'll inform him of Mr Joe's endevour to please the bike gods :sunny:

Either that or meet you all there!

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 12:48
When y'all get to the barn dance for the hootin'hollerin' at chez Donor's, give me an intertextual txt on the ol' confab device. I'll fire up my little ol'hornet and go cruisin' in Dukes Of Hazzard county!

Yeehaaaaaa!

Winter
27th May 2007, 13:04
hmm bike wash... mine could do with a wash..

but things to do! dammit!

If anyone gets a spanner out and starts a fixing things, let me know!

Donor
27th May 2007, 13:42
EEP!

Besieged by Chisanga and a (amazingly awake looking) Zeocen!

I shall attempt to fend them off with soapy water, a sponge and some tire cleanery stuff!

Chisanga
27th May 2007, 14:43
I shall attempt to fend them off with soapy water, a sponge and some tire cleanery stuff!

I left when I was asked to put on a bikini :)

Donor
27th May 2007, 20:39
What a day...

2 shiny washed bikes, a semi clean garage and a kick ass sound system to boot with quadraphonic sound to boot!

Rock on a week or two, when the man cave shall undergo its final transformation, and become the Papakura home for KB bike fixin' and general blinging!

(Not to mention the telly for watching world cup games on the rather comfy lounge suite we have installed...)

zeocen
27th May 2007, 21:16
MotoGP Sundays !

I must remember to bring my bell-bling next time for super installation. It even has a picture of a cartoon giraffe on it.

xwhatsit
27th May 2007, 21:43
Eh. I always miss out on all the fun :D Been fixing bikes all on my own today.

GiJoe1313!!! You never answered my question! I demand to know about this St Heliers GP Track!!!! I need some roads to keep me occupied before work, I always get there too early from my last class at uni.

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 21:54
And I will bring my PS1 with a selection of PS1 games :lol: Retro gaming ahoy!

Yes the mancove is now a man cave! Huzzah! I phear that Donor's brother-in-law will take it over, he looked so comfortable next to digit (a large plushie gorilla!) and a box of Ralph and Penthouses! :o ooeer!

Wombles of Wimbledon posters on the walls, a pootling map of NZ and the world, hubcap covers as viking shields where I will airbrush on the KB nicknames and a symbol for the KBers who will grace the man cave!

Beano, Dandy, Whizzer and Chips comics galore! Viz by the score! Even the ubiquitious Commando comics for boy's own pleasure! Achtung! Tuefel! Gott in Himmel! Mein Gott! Hande Hoch!

A bagful of marbles ... we will be arranging the Great KB Marble Shootout one day! A collection of stationery that reveals a closet insanity of Donor's (oh the shame! The shame! The Shame!!)

Power tools used ... implements of mass construction were wielded, chortlings as testerone instruments of perfect design were fondled!

Great was the cheer as systems of noise deliverance in blatant defiance of civic noise levels generated!

Amazement as underfloorboards regurtitated with sundered bark products that were manhandled into place to secure stable footing!

Chests were inflated with oxygenated products secured from the artificial temperature control machine! Sugared gingery carbonated products were swilled down with beveraged malt and hop brews!

Chins held high, hands tucked into beltbands at a rakish angle as we were lords of our domain, our eyes swept over the scene with visions to come and potential yet unexplored!

Workbenches with offerings to the gods of speed and lords of riding to be constructed, shelving with the sacrifices we make to riding to be designed!

Long may the brother and sisterhood of the mancave municipality of South Auckland KBers go 'oorah! 'oorah! 'oorah!

And on that note before I go too much over the top, we basically cleaned out Donor's gargre and installed a quad speaker surround sound system. I wanted to put in neon glow wire, a disco ball and lighted floor panelling ... but I was booted out quickly! :o

gijoe1313
27th May 2007, 21:57
Eh. I always miss out on all the fun :D Been fixing bikes all on my own today.

GiJoe1313!!! You never answered my question! I demand to know about this St Heliers GP Track!!!! I need some roads to keep me occupied before work, I always get there too early from my last class at uni.

Fair thee well young prince of the road, I will come and champion your cause with my persons ... I fear dost hast not contrived to espy a map which extols the paragon of biking virtue roads that endear our passions!

Consult thy SMAPs lexicon first and work out how the lay of the land meanders in a fruitful way! If perchance, you have not devined the true one course, I will be more than happy to guide you along the route!

I eagerly await my most honest charge's entreaty on this matter when dost hast approbium investigated in depth firstly!

Aye, that I will young squire!

Winter
27th May 2007, 22:02
You lot can stay way the hell away from my man-cave. I'm not sure I've had enough rum to allow this sort of carry-on!

xwhatsit
27th May 2007, 22:08
Fair thee well young prince of the road, I will come and champion your cause with my persons ... I fear dost hast not contrived to espy a map which extols the paragon of biking virtue roads that endear our passions!

Consult thy SMAPs lexicon first and work out how the lay of the land meanders in a fruitful way! If perchance, you have not devined the true one course, I will be more than happy to guide you along the route!

I eagerly await my most honest charge's entreaty on this matter when dost hast approbium investigated in depth firstly!

Aye, that I will young squire!

The only remotely twisty road in St Heliers is Riddell Rd, according to Mr Street Directory. I'll have a gander at it.

zeocen
27th May 2007, 22:22
Don't you dare think of having a ride without me, I haven't done this track either. Day OR night. I've only been up ardmore quarry once... and a big angry truck came around a corner and I wanted it to end quickly after that :(

Once again I did the most work on the day, what with sitting on the gorilla playing with wire, then riding to countdown and waiting in a 24922 person queue.. tough work I tells ya!

Oh and taking Rosey for a spin too, just after she had been cleaned and bling'd, it's hard being me.

Donor
28th May 2007, 05:51
On a side note...

...whose year book photos have just been passed beneath my beak for the mocking of?

Now where did I put my scanner...?

insane1
28th May 2007, 10:11
bloody hell donor you should have told me the burger needs a good clean and then you could have taken it for a spin.

zeocen
28th May 2007, 10:55
On a side note...

...whose year book photos have just been passed beneath my beak for the mocking of?

Now where did I put my scanner...?

Oh............you bastard.

gijoe1313
28th May 2007, 14:02
When shall we three meet again?
On blasted heath or drakken moor?
By the twisting of my wrist,
Something evil this way comes!

Donorunterblitzen!
Hail Donor, well met that thane!
Hail Zeozen, who shall be blinging everafter!
Hail! Hail! Hail!

Ods bodkins, tarry not long shall I here,
masking of muses and the muzzling of moments
shall be my guiding light! 'zounds off I go!