PDA

View Full Version : ZX-10R Product Safety Recall

Bob
10th September 2004, 00:59
Kawasaki in Europe are issuing recall notices for all ZX10's. They have issued the following statement:

"We have become aware of a vendor-manufacturing defect in the casting process of some ZX-10R front wheels.

Only a very small number of front wheels fitted to ZX-10R’s have been reported as defective, but for the reassurance of our customers we have decided to replace all front wheels, regardless of their condition, free of charge. Rear wheels are unaffected.

Although only 3 reports from our total global sales can be positively attributed to this manufacturing defect, we are instructing customers not to use their motorcycle until the front wheel is replaced. We expect the majority of machines retailed in Europe to be modified by early September.

Customers are urged to contact their supplying dealer as soon as possible to arrange for the work to be carried out.

This Product Safety Recall affects no other model."

This relates to Europe, but I would suggest to any ZX10 owners there it might be a good idea to get their bike checked out.

White trash
10th September 2004, 07:56
Funny story which I'll beat Mark Dunn to.

His and Dions mate has just bought one of these things. Dion's busy putting it through it's paces in the Wairarapa one Sunday. XYZkph wheelies (closed roads people!) and generally larking about as Dion does.

Next day, in the owners letter box is The Letter. "Do not ride your bike untill front wheel has been replaced. Not even to the dealer"

:blink:

Quasievil
10th September 2004, 08:10
NO NO ITS NOT TRUE ITS ALL LIES LIES LIES I TELL YOU KAWASKAI RULES:finger:

anyway im of to meet loose the bruce in turangi see ya later suckers !!!!!!!!!!

vifferman
10th September 2004, 08:56
Wasn't this product recall like WEEKS ago?!?

Have you been asleep, Bob?

Bob
14th September 2004, 03:45
Wasn't this product recall like WEEKS ago?!?

Have you been asleep, Bob?

The Titanic sank years ago as well - but no-one reported that here either :brick:

Being serious, this is exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see other people report - if someone gets a recall letter, then it is news. So put it in here and let everyone know (there could be someone who doesn't get the letter as it is lost in the post or something and this'll be the only way they get to find out... hopefully before the reason for the recall becomes apparant).

I know I come up with most of the stuff in here, but if anyone else has news items (and a product recall strikes me as a perfect example), then post them! I'm not gonna sulk or anything because someone else is raining on my parade... :baby:

Marknz
14th September 2004, 10:01
ZX-10R Recall!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,

Not sure if we have anyone on here with a ZX-10R, but you might know someone has. This comes from a very reliable Australian M/C website...

"Heavy rumours of a major recall affecting all ZX-10R Kawasakis for replacement of the front wheel. Stand by for more news as it comes to hand "

I'll post more information here as it comes to hand, but if you own one or know someone who does, I'd suggest that this info is good enough for them not to be using the Kwaka until this issue is cleared up.

Bob
14th September 2004, 20:46
This is starting to develop into a potential argument - and I am NOT getting into an argument over more than one person trying to be helpful! :calm:

I'm glad to see you did post about it - as I said in my other post, someone may not have received the letter, so this would be the only way they found out. :niceone:

All I will say is, something like a product recall is, to my mind, news. So again to me, the perfect place for news is in the news forum.

It doesn't move at quite the same pace as some of the other forums, so hopefully it will remain visible for a bit longer.

That's what I think, but this place is a democracy - so how about everyone else? Do you think product recalls/information about defective kit (for example, when there was a big thing going on about tailpacks) should go in here, or one of the other forums?

Marknz
14th September 2004, 20:49
No arguments from me :2thumbsup I Don't care where it goes as long as it gets posted and those guys with those bikes have a chance to read it.