PDA

View Full Version : KiwiTrackDays June 1st - Taupo

Toast
25th May 2007, 17:10
Anyone here goin to this?

Finances permitting I shall be, weather be damned.

Leong
4th June 2007, 17:52
You missed a great day there Phil!!! Perfect weather, about 40 riders and track in excellent condition once it warmed up a little. Three groups and plenty of track time. Of course Steve has had plenty of practice running these trackdays now, so everthing ran very smoothly and efficiently. Steve's last trackday this season will be on the 30th June when there will be a special draw at lunchtime in addition to the usual helmet/tyres giveaway for prepaid riders. Someone will win some free laps in a Formula Challenge car. Good to see a few new riders there including Aro and friend who might have caught the bug too!!

As for me, I was quite tentative in the first two sessions on the cold track, but was happy with the sessions after that. Need to work on changing into third between turns 5 and 6 and 7 and 8, but at the moment the dollars spent doing this especially changing down again at 7 is too much for me! Looking at the video I really need to though (more evidence for Kel!!!). Also got my right knee down for the first time, and worked on getting the left down consistently and using this as a gauge of lean angle. Managed to do consistent 1.46s and was happy with that.

Uploaded another on-board video. This is for Kyle and Stuart and anyone else interested... Session four, fast group. Video starts on the third lap as I pass a motard on the front straight. Empty track in front as everyone else cleared off on the warm up laps. At the end of the back straight I'm passed by a race bike and try to follow him for a bit. I have a little moment going into turn nine as I hold onto the throttle a bit long coming out of eight. I catch a group of four bikes by turn 1 of the next lap and the race bike has already passed them all!!! Get past the motard coming out of nine. Get past another bike and Kyle on the straight (gotta love the extra horsepower, eh Kyle:-)) Spend the last 2 laps trying to catch Stuart on his GSX-R750K6 but he beats me to the chequered flag!! Next time!!!

Edit: Also uploaded a video to Youtube from MotoTT trackday on 25 May 2007, last session of the day - has a few KB'ers on it. Search my username Leong72 if interested

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptv8B6ruUP0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptv8B6ruUP0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>