PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Problems

FzerozeroT
10th September 2004, 11:22
Hi, don't know if this is a Vbulletin or Firefox problem, but it won't brig up embedded images such as Wkids thread on the new fireblade colours

anyone know a fix? I should fucking google it (http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com) but I'm lazy.

Blakamin
10th September 2004, 11:27
I'm using firefox and dont have a problem :blank:

k14
10th September 2004, 11:27
Yeah I would have to say that firefox is a piece of shit. I tried it but went straight back to mozilla. Its really buggy and wouldn't display alot of pages right. Hopefully they get it better in the next few releases.

James Deuce
10th September 2004, 11:36
Yeah I would have to say that firefox is a piece of shit. I tried it but went straight back to mozilla. Its really buggy and wouldn't display alot of pages right. Hopefully they get it better in the next few releases.Que??

I've used Firefox for months without an issue, including browsing pages using Frontpage extensions. I love the whole no more popups thing, and the separate download window with a list of downloads is just clever. What sort of bugs have you had and did you send a bug report back? It's still in beta and they need your feedback to fix stuff.

k14
10th September 2004, 11:38
It would take like 3 or 4 mins to load most webpages, even though I'm on jetstart. Also sometimes it would come up with an error message saying webpage not found. Don't know what the problems were.

I just use mozilla now. I think firefox is just a slightly cut down version of that anyway.

riffer
10th September 2004, 12:01
Yeah, I'm sold on Firefox. I'm using 0.8 and have had NO problems at all with kiwibiker.

dhunt
10th September 2004, 12:08
Firefox works great for me. I "have to" install it on pretty much every windoze box I use. I actually fine it quicker than Mozilla and having the nifty google bar is nice as well :)

David

Ghost Lemur
10th September 2004, 13:25
No probs here either. Using 0.8 on SuSE.

Been and checked your settings?

K14 - sounds like you had a bad experience, but can't see how Firefox would do what you described. Give it another go, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

badlieutenant
10th September 2004, 17:18
another firefox user here with no probs. doesnt it self update if you want it too ?

SPman
10th September 2004, 18:48
Im using FF 9 and dont like it as much as 8! Wont allow access to some pages, which are no worry on IE and has a generally, not as nice feel as 8

badlieutenant
10th September 2004, 19:07
Im using FF 9 and dont like it as much as 8! Wont allow access to some pages, which are no worry on IE and has a generally, not as nice feel as 8
cheers for that. I wont upgrade now :D
if it aint broke dont fix it.

badlieutenant
10th September 2004, 19:08
LOL. im using 0.9.1 seems to work fine.

Ghost Lemur
10th September 2004, 21:41
Yeah the .1 on the 9 is bugfixing.

Never blame Mozilla/Firefox for poorly coded pages. IE is a crap nonstandards browser, and anyone who codes for it is a fool.

Blakamin
10th September 2004, 21:53
I'm using 9.1 on my 3 at home boxes.... neva had a prob.. and 9.3 at work! everyone that sees my pc asks "how you make explorer do that?" then i kick them outta my office! :eek:

Antallica
10th September 2004, 22:09
I'm using 9.3 here. Rock solid!

SPman
10th September 2004, 22:41
I'm using 9.3 here. Rock solid!
Im using 9.3. Its superior to IE but....perhaps its my settings or summint!

geoffm
10th September 2004, 22:46
Yeah, I'm sold on Firefox. I'm using 0.8 and have had NO problems at all with kiwibiker.
No probs here - 0.93 is the latest version. I find it far better than Internet Exploder.
Geoff

Antallica
11th September 2004, 00:11
Umm, yeah... 0.93.

riffer
11th September 2004, 00:59
I'm running Noia 2.0 Extreme on all four of my computers. Same experience on this laptop (Win2K), my PC's (XP and Mandrake 9.1) and my Mac (MacOs 10.3.5).

Blakamin
11th September 2004, 08:24
I'm running Noia 2.0 Extreme on all four of my computers. Same experience on this laptop (Win2K), my PC's (XP and Mandrake 9.1) and my Mac (MacOs 10.3.5).

Noia 2 at home and at work

mangell6
12th September 2004, 13:04
Im using 9.3. Its superior to IE but....perhaps its my settings or summint!

Firefox has an issue with 'self-signing certificates' a royal pain, however by turning off "OCSP" validation I have resolved the problem. This is Tools|Options, then Advanced. Scroll down to the bottom and select te appropriate radio button.

Also check the Client Certificate Selection, I have mine set to "Ask every time".

Side note: There are a large number of poor web pages out there that will not display the page until the absolute last image has been downloaded. Have sat and waited for ages for pages to finish downloading. With Opera I watch the image counter and hit the stop button if things are taking to long.

Mike