PDA

View Full Version : Bike shipping

steveyb
27th May 2007, 21:15
Hey guys and gals. I am looking for companies that will ship bikes to Aust (and bring them back!!). A wee while ago someone on here was talking about a good firm they had used. I think it might have been Oceanbridge??? But I cannot find the thread. Any assistance appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Shaun
28th May 2007, 00:22
Contact WHITETRASH Regarding the company he works for!!!!

twinshock750
28th May 2007, 22:25
or ATWF 09 2750409 Mangere Akld

www.atwf.co.nz

It's who the postie boys use for their trip to Phillip Island each year.

JeremyW
29th May 2007, 13:45
Contact Brent Thompson at Air Sea Global.
He is who we use for shipping our FSAE car around the world and he is a great guy, really knows his business.
or 092550430

F5 Dave
30th May 2007, 17:12
heya DrBob

I have a crate with a bike arriving in it hopefully tomorrow if you want to buy it cheap I'll be coming up to Manfield 16th.

Things I have learnt:
Some restrictions on wooden crates, may have to fumigate if not treated properly, a trillion dollars (mine is open steel frame, but that may or may not suit).

Mine had to be inspected, steam cleaned, re inspectedn & a million other things including forestry tax & a whole lot of crap = ~ $500 + I had to pay GST. Obviously you will be getting a Carnet as bike coming back.

White trash
30th May 2007, 17:34
Gimme a PM with dates, where you want it, what it weighs, and how you want it shipped if you're still looking mate.

Might be able to tee something up.

Catweazle
30th May 2007, 17:49
Kiwi Car Carriers who bring in all the 2nd hand cars from Japan drop a few cars off in Brisbane once a month and offer a Brisbane to Auckland, Tauranga, Napier or Lyttleton drive on, drive off shipping service. For bikes you pay the minimum car freight charge of $700 plus a few hundred dollars in other charges. I bought a bike with attached trailer over in March this way and it still only cost the minimum charge. I don't think KCC can help you get your bike to Australia.

I also met a guy on Anzac Day with a Honda Gold Wing 1500 that he has air freighted to Australia and back more that once. I think he was paying $2,500 total for both ways. He usually tours around Oz for 30 or 40,000 kms over four or so months in winter and then comes home again. He has an original Honda shipping frame that he puts his bike into so it can be lifted by fork lifts at the air cargo terminal. He has to partly dismantle and reassemble his bike each time.