PDA

View Full Version : KLX300 Pro Circuit Muf

$CENSLS1$
27th May 2007, 21:52
Hey guys and gals,
was hoping one of you could tell me if the following would fit my '02 KLX250??
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Exhaust/auction-101281962.htm

Thanks
Garry

soundbeltfarm
28th May 2007, 09:58
dont bother.
no power gains.

$CENSLS1$
28th May 2007, 21:46
Sweet cheers mate :yes:

soundbeltfarm
29th May 2007, 09:14
look on thumpertalk and search for it.
the tests so only minimal improvement that you will probably not even notice.
but i think it will fit aslong as you use the larger header pipe.
i have the 300 and put the bigger header pipe on it but left the muffler on with the butt plug pulled out.
the 300 comes with the 250 header pipe which restricts it quite a bit.

scott411
29th May 2007, 14:38
yes it will fit, i would not bother, get a big bore header from custom chambers, will make more improvement for less noise

zoominz
29th September 2007, 17:09
look on thumpertalk and search for it.
the tests so only minimal improvement that you will probably not even notice.
but i think it will fit aslong as you use the larger header pipe.
i have the 300 and put the bigger header pipe on it but left the muffler on with the butt plug pulled out.
the 300 comes with the 250 header pipe which restricts it quite a bit.

what was the result with the bigger header pipe ??.ive also heard that the oem carb tames it down a bit. im seriously looking at buying a 300 but have wasnt that impressed when i had the opportunety to ride a reasonably new one a month ago. do u reckon that the un corked 300 would keep up with my mates DR350??

soundbeltfarm
30th September 2007, 21:10
yeah makes a good difference with the bigger header pipe and i also got a dynojet needle.
awesome bike for trail riding and is a very forgiving bike i found.
the carb is a vacum one like on road bikes and it does not have the imtial snap of other carbs. it takes vacum to lift the slide instead of just pullin the slide up with cable.

T.W.R
30th September 2007, 22:00
aftermarket slip-on muffler like a pro-circuit just requires ditching the airbox lid for it to work properly.
Going to a big-bore header pipe just requires a resize in the main jet (can't remember the specific one at the moment) no need for replacing the needle.

slip-on & removed airbox lid is worth about 2-3hp
header & jet worth about the same but better response across the rev range

doing it puts the KLX300 just slightly above a stock KDX200 in power, from roughly from 34kw to 38kw whereas the KDX is 37kw.

Just about every KLX we sell gets the treatment on it's 1st service

soundbeltfarm
1st October 2007, 10:05
aftermarket slip-on muffler like a pro-circuit just requires ditching the airbox lid for it to work properly.
Going to a big-bore header pipe just requires a resize in the main jet (can't remember the specific one at the moment) no need for replacing the needle.

slip-on & removed airbox lid is worth about 2-3hp
header & jet worth about the same but better response across the rev range

doing it puts the KLX300 just slightly above a stock KDX200 in power, from roughly from 34kw to 38kw whereas the KDX is 37kw.

Just about every KLX we sell gets the treatment on it's 1st service

yeah the dynojet kit i got had jets and needle so i changed both and drilled the vacumn hole a little bigger as shown to do.