PDA

View Full Version : Rain inside the visor

Hitcher
28th May 2007, 13:58
Since joining the realms of Bandit riders, Mrs H now has a problem (when it rains) of rain splash inside her visor -- when it's shut.

She has an aftermarket screen on order, but was wondering if others had suffered similar problems and what success they had had in solving it? Perhaps a whisper kit?

Blackbird
28th May 2007, 14:46
I get it on my Shoei in heavy rain with both clear and iridium visors and have never solved it. Ironically, my black visor doesn't seem to do it. Sorry not to be able to advise a solution, but at least she has a fellow traveller.

Pwalo
28th May 2007, 15:01
She'll just have to slow down. Sounds like a helmet issue, perhaps exacerbated by the changed riding position.

I had a Givi A755 on my GS, which kept the rain of my helmet pretty well. I would imagine that the rding position on the Bandit would be similar (was on the older GSF600).

What sort of helmet does Mrs H wear? Perhaps a new one to match the Bandit would be in order.

98tls
28th May 2007, 15:14
My old helmet used to do it.........i got a strip of........bugger cant remember the name..........sticky on one side and a felt like on the other.......stuck it on the helmet and it worked well.............

MyGSXF
28th May 2007, 15:22
My old helmet used to do it.........i got a strip of........bugger cant remember the name..........sticky on one side and a felt like on the other.......stuck it on the helmet and it worked well.............

Hey Mike.. was that stuff along the lines of "weather shield strip" stuff that you can put around windows & doors???? & did you put it along the top of the visor (or on the helmet) to seal the gap at the top??? comprende?? :wait:

Jen :rockon:

98tls
28th May 2007, 16:21
ummm.........may have been called that......i bought it to put between 2 pieces of the dash on my car that were rattling..........like i said one sticky side and the other was like felt/foam.........put it on the helmet.........worked real good.

Disco Dan
28th May 2007, 16:25
Is the visor seated properly?

I found when I put my tinted visor on, it needs a slight adjustment on the screws on each side of the helmet to 'seal' properly.

Or do you mean the rain is coming up underneath by your chin?

Hitcher
28th May 2007, 16:48
Is the visor seated properly?

I found when I put my tinted visor on, it needs a slight adjustment on the screws on each side of the helmet to 'seal' properly.

Or do you mean the rain is coming up underneath by your chin?

Given that it's a Shoei, I assumed that the visor "fit" would be perfect, and that any water contamination would have to be coming up past Mrs H's chin. I shall double check.

paturoa
28th May 2007, 17:01
Used to get it with my HJC-12. I then got a breath guard to stop the fogging, as it seals the around the eyes bit, from my breath. As an off spin it also stops any spray coming up past my chin and it hasn't happened since.

Disco Dan
28th May 2007, 17:59
Given that it's a Shoei, I assumed that the visor "fit" would be perfect, and that any water contamination would have to be coming up past Mrs H's chin. I shall double check.

Yeah mines Shoei too, the tinted visor left a small gap on the bottom edge.. minor adjustment sorted it.

Toaster
28th May 2007, 18:05
Such a strange problem... maybe you are all dribbling when you ride??!!

pritch
1st June 2007, 19:40

I wouldn't think the water would be blowing up but then it shouldn't get in going down either. Water doesn't get inside my Shoei visor unless it isn't fully shut.

Just bought a second Shoei but haven't had it out in the wet... yet.
Might be able to inform you better after this weekend and the KB Get together:scooter:

NighthawkNZ
1st June 2007, 19:42
i've never had that problem with any of my helmets... :scratch:

Sanx
4th June 2007, 14:59
The other trick's just to put a couple of strips of electrical insulation tape or something similar on the inside of the top of the visor to help the seal. My dark Shoei visor never has a problem, but the clear one leaks very occasionally. As I swap them over regularly, I never can be bothered adjusting the side plates each time.

The full Shoei whisper kit include the neck guard. Reduces sound a lot, but also reduces the amount of airflow through the helmet - which means more fogging. The chin-guard is fantastic though: cuts down on noise and wind a lot.

pritch
4th June 2007, 17:49
OK, I've now experienced a realy really wet ride with the new helmet.
About two drops of water did get to the inside but I'm not sure exactly how that happened it may have been me doing something dumb.

Thing is it made zero difference because the visior was a pinlock.

Hitcher don't be tight, get her a pinlock visor:yes:

roogazza
5th June 2007, 10:48
First time out with my Shoei X spirit yesterday, great helmet ! I did notice something mentioned in the booklets which came with it that there is an adjustment facility for the visor.
Hope that helps Hitcher ? gaz.

Hitcher
5th June 2007, 11:01
All good advice. Whisper kit installed. We're just waiting now for the next wet day...