PDA

View Full Version : Mini Motard racers

boostin
29th May 2007, 18:17
Are there many people on here that race mini motards.

I'm thinking about converting my 110cc chinese pit bike to mini motard and just wondering what suspension racers are using?

Thanks

skidMark
29th May 2007, 18:26
i used to race mine

my stock rear shock made the rear wheel judder all over the track, damn thing kept drifting....

i put a decent rear shock in it can't remember what it was set my back 150 bucks ish....

completely different to ride after that...

was running about 34 second laps around the mt welly kart track with a 90cc pitbike...

also i had fitted a thumpstar USD front end.

if you want a hardout rear shock ive got one set me back about 500 from memory

almost new...

didn't quite fit my frameshape but fits most other pitbikes...you need to carve into the seat to make it fit in ....

it's pink haha

$200???

ill put up a listing in online trading for it if ya don't want it :)

cheers...

also got a near new front end complete out of a lifan as i replaced it with the thumpstar front....

got some spare wheels too

and some motard tyres....

send me a pm if you want to come round and take a looksie at what ive got.

cheers:

Mark

SHELRACING
30th May 2007, 07:17
Hi Boostin,

We have a few guys who run mini motard at Mt Wgtn Go-Kart Track. We use to race a Honyo Pitbike/Minimotard.
The suspension is the basic shock as it comes on the bike. Just harden it up.

The key to racing these is your motor size, wheel size and tyre choice.
There is no problem running basic 10 inch wheels, scooter road tyres with a soft compound seem to work real well.
We have a set of Pirelli 90/90-10 if you are interested, havent been used more than three times, going cheap.
You may need to bling up your motor as most of the pitties down there are 125cc.
We are at the track on the 9/10th June and if you bring down your bike , there is always someone to help you.
Ellen

SHELRACING
30th May 2007, 07:19
hey mark,

It's about time you fixed that bike of yours and got back down to the track!
Granma

skidMark
30th May 2007, 08:38
hey mark,

It's about time you fixed that bike of yours and got back down to the track!
Granma

heya, sold it, but just got a new job.....

so look out for a fxr 150 passing ya sometime soon huh :innocent: hehehehe

boostin
30th May 2007, 08:54
We are at the track on the 9/10th June and if you bring down your bike , there is always someone to help you.
Ellen

Yea I was going to come down for a look and a talk to some of the guys on the 9th/10th, but then thought to myself why not sort the bike and take it down there for the event...so either way I will be there.

I am thinking of going for 12" wheels, just because I already have the 12" rear, so would only need to swap the front. What do you think?

SHELRACING
30th May 2007, 19:11
Yes definitley change the wheel to 12 inch. Your steering will be very difficult with different size wheels. It will over steer, and you could lose the front end.

SHELRACING
30th May 2007, 19:14
heya, sold it, but just got a new job.....

so look out for a fxr 150 passing ya sometime soon huh :innocent: hehehehe

Ha! ha! Ha! you gotta be able to stay on it first! :Punk:

skidMark
30th May 2007, 19:16
Ha! ha! Ha! you gotta be able to stay on it first! :Punk:

yeah sorry about that:P

i only crashed grandpa's pitbike the once....

front end was really weird on it aye.....keep sliding all over the place.

i prefer 10 inch front wheels i think the 12 shifts the weight back too far.

PRYDEE
24th July 2007, 10:24
For all fastace suspension ,pro taper bars and aftermarket good quality brands for your pitbike give me a call. prydeengineering@xtra.co.nz
We race and jump REAPER pitbikes and i can tell you they do not break.

Buddha#81
25th July 2007, 19:31
Yea I was going to come down for a look and a talk to some of the guys on the 9th/10th, but then thought to myself why not sort the bike and take it down there for the event...so either way I will be there.

I am thinking of going for 12" wheels, just because I already have the 12" rear, so would only need to swap the front. What do you think?

If you want to convert the front to 12" you can have this for $35 plus freight, should bolt straight into your pitty. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=110052954

skidMark
28th July 2007, 21:17
still working on getting an fxr...need a towbar for the car and a trailer first.

boostin
29th July 2007, 08:57
still working on getting an fxr...need a towbar for the car and a trailer first.

Hey Mark,

Have you still got that pitbike rear shock? Do you know what brand/model it is if you do?

Thanks