PDA

View Full Version : hows it hangin

sheight
11th September 2004, 19:36
hi everyone. im the new boy for now.
im in the deep south, havent had a proper look around yet but im sure theres one or two of us around... prahaps..
anyway i love bikes and have a 1990 gsxr250 on the go, which im currently attempting to change the spark plugs , while on that subject... whats the tool that gets them out and where can i get one from?! i was gonna change the brake fluid on it too but after closer inspection i think ill leave that job to the fulllas in the shop. i havent ridden it for ages and want to get it up and running for the summer.
its got about 50 thou on the clock but still seems to tick along. ive traveled the country on it and come off once and it still wont die!
im still on my learners but have been on it long enuff to have had my full by now, nvmind tho. i dont have an 'L' plate tho and i dont want one either. i think they are gay lol. ill prob get one tho cos the times i have been pulled over (3).lol they cops were nice enuff not to care about it but they reckon its 400 big ones. thats pretty steep. so i dont really want to take the chance
so yeah! look foward to sharing my 2 cents with whoever and having a laugh
si

^ L plate rider!!! oh the shame...

Ms Piggy
11th September 2004, 20:17
L plate rider!!! oh the shame...

Nothing wrong with an L plate mate, especially if it saves ya $400-, ah well I guess it's more of a risk in the big smoke.

Welcome along to KB's. There are a couple of other lads down in the deeeeep south there. Might tootle :ride: down that way in Feb and say :spudwave:

Posh Tourer :P
11th September 2004, 20:24
Ummm... why not just sit a restricted test, before you get hung for $400...

Mr Skid
11th September 2004, 20:30
im in the deep south, havent had a proper look around yet but im sure theres one or two of us around... prahaps..
anyway i love bikes and have a 1990 gsxr250 on the go, which im currently attempting to change the spark plugs , while on that subject... whats the tool that gets them out and where can i get one from?! i was gonna change the brake fluid on it too but after closer inspection i think ill leave that job to the fulllas in the shop. i havent ridden it for ages and want to get it up and running for the summer.
its got about 50 thou on the clock but still seems to tick along. ive traveled the country on it and come off once and it still wont die!
im still on my learners but have been on it long enuff to have had my full by now, nvmind tho. i dont have an 'L' plate tho and i dont want one either. i think they are gay lol. ill prob get one tho cos the times i have been pulled over (3).lol they cops were nice enuff not to care about it but they reckon its 400 big ones. thats pretty steep. so i dont really want to take the chance
si

Welcome Sheight, I reckon you should be able to do your brake fluid no probs, grab one of the bleeder kits from repco, and some latex gloves from the chemist and rip into it. Maybe not front AND back brakes at the same time, so if you get it wrong, you'll still be able to stop some how.. ;)

If your eligible to sit your restricted, then get onto it, check out the ltsa requirements for an L plate, but I reckon you'd be able to knock something together from the back cover of the yellow pages and a black vivid. As long as it satisfies the ltsa regs you should be able to sit your licence with it, then bit it right afterwards. Bin the plate, not the bike that is.

Mongoose
11th September 2004, 22:44
Welcome Sheight(sure thats not a spelling mistake?) Not a whole lot of us from the south on here, as you may have noticed.
Do you attend any/many of the rallys during the summer?

Jackrat
11th September 2004, 23:51
With that kind of logic your gonn'a be a laugh alright.
I can hardly wait,welcome aboard :eek:

LB
12th September 2004, 06:42
Hi there Sheight, welcome to KB. It's a great site.

Your McCafe in McDonalds makes the best BLT sammies I've ever had. (well, they did last October when I was down there anyway.)

thehollowmen
12th September 2004, 08:01
If you're far enough south to be in dunedin, I've been told to do this:
Put some bits of ducttape on the end of your bike in a squarish arrangement and tell them they were nicked in the student district and you'll put another one on when you get home.
The guy who told me that drove for 3 years with no L plates.

They're usually pretty leniant about that.

Don't know how they are in Christchurch..

but yeah, taping a $10 plate on your bike so it saves you $400 ... its worth it

sheight
12th September 2004, 12:27
yeah you guys are dead right, i should sit my restricted, and prob will get round to it sometime. it seems the commen sense thing to do! lol. nvm.
no spelling mistake there mongoose! heh. i havent attended any rallys at all since ive been riding. have seen a few but never realllly had the time or energy to participate, i guess thats something i should do one of thee days too..lol. be a laugh for sure!

sporty03
12th September 2004, 14:50
Hey Sheight,

Welcome to the pages.
Just get the licence man. put the $400 towards something useful. Like gloves or a jacket :cold: or booze or birds or a Harley even :eek: Giving it to the boys in blue :Police: is just sad. :puke:
Have fun, keep the shiney side up, although that can be hard to do on some of the icey mornings I've seen round the place. (Hence jacket and gloves. Or just stay home, hence birds and booze. :killingme Harleys are for all of the above. :blah:
Cheers

magnum
19th September 2004, 13:04
hello and welcome :eek:

scumdog
19th September 2004, 23:01
yeah you guys are dead right, i should sit my restricted, and prob will get round to it sometime. it seems the commen sense thing to do! lol. nvm.
no spelling mistake there mongoose! heh. i havent attended any rallys at all since ive been riding. have seen a few but never realllly had the time or energy to participate, i guess thats something i should do one of thee days too..lol. be a laugh for sure!

Welcome, the M.A.T.E.S. rally at Waikaia is in October, not too far to go, check for info at your local m'bike shops, if you decide to go let me know eh?

Midnight 82
15th October 2004, 07:23
:shit: Nice and loose and full of juice

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 12:33
si

Its hanging to the right today. Thanks for asking. :gob:

zooter
25th November 2004, 23:30
Dude, the tests are a joke down here, (I take it you're past your teens) when I sat my full in Queenstown the tester said something along the lines of "don't need to worry too much with "YOU" do we?? I was in my leathers so I figured that was what he was referring to but the "test" lasted all of 5 minutes riding out of town, we do the first stop and he writes me out the licence. Aparrently if I was a teenager he would bother his ass to do the full test but 35 year olds are good to go.

Storm
26th November 2004, 06:01
Welcome to the club mate. Hope you have your bike sorted

MOTOXXX
27th November 2004, 10:27
droppin the plugs out of the bike shouldt be too hard.
youll probly need quite a thin spark plug socket. if there anything like my old fzr250 you just drop the fairings and get in. its a bit of a squish but shouldnt take long at all. just remember which lead goes to which cylender.