PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes Bay: Survey: You are on a ride out

canarlee
30th May 2007, 09:54
and you are going to be stopping somewhere for lunch or dinner, what type of food do you want whether it be a meal or a snack?

i am asking for when my new bar/cafe opens here in napier

ta muchly

MSTRS
30th May 2007, 09:56
We want good food, hot, cheap, infinite variety and it must be served by the Tui/BK girls.....

canarlee
30th May 2007, 09:57
and you are going to be looking for something to eat, whether it be a snack or meal, what would you like to see on the menu?

am asking for when i get my bar/cafe open here in napier

ta muchly

canarlee
30th May 2007, 09:58
what about the sexy KB girls?

The Pastor
30th May 2007, 09:58
steak sammies.

MSTRS
30th May 2007, 10:00
Ooooh yea. But then, haven't seen (most of) them out of their leathers:dodge:

Trudes
A lightish type of meal, like a salad type thing, or a burger or fush n chups, cake.

NZsarge
We want good food, hot, cheap, infinite variety and it must be served by the Tui/BK girls.....

Yeah...what he said but none of that Tui crap tho!:dodge:

MSTRS
30th May 2007, 10:01
Wedges, burgers, pies.

MSTRS
30th May 2007, 10:02
Traitor...
(note to Canarlee - do not under any circumstance serve Lion Red)

Whynot
30th May 2007, 10:04
Nachos, wedges, toasted sandwiches :first:

canarlee
30th May 2007, 10:05
lion red? no feckin way man!!! export gold is the only way!

Dooly
30th May 2007, 10:05
Just normal basic stuff like found in most bar/grills etc.

None of this fancy faggy shit where you have a huge plate with a tiny bit of something in the middle of it with a tree stalk poking out.

Obviously lots of chips too!

NZsarge
30th May 2007, 10:06
Tui makes me want to:puke: Heineken all the way brother:drool: :cool:

NZsarge
30th May 2007, 10:09
lion red? no feckin way man!!! export gold is the only way!

Yea,,i'm down with that. Witha BIG slab of medium rare steak!

avgas
30th May 2007, 10:09
Pottle of Hot Chips wif some marto sauce.
Fish n Chips is also good.
Snack - one of em Triple Chocolate Big Cookies

skelstar
30th May 2007, 10:10
Corn Fritters...

Stickchick
30th May 2007, 10:12
Standard pub food is the way to go I reckon and I won't stop unless you are fully stocked in bourbon dude!!!!

NZsarge
30th May 2007, 10:14
Standard pub food is the way to go I reckon and I won't stop unless you are fully stocked in bourbon dude!!!!

Whoa!...the hard stuff! not for me..just a bevvie or maybe two and i'm good

Grahameeboy
30th May 2007, 10:14
Simple food is good but reckon you should have a small selection of fancier food for those more well heeled motorcyclists plus you need to cater for others as you will be weather dependent and you don't want to just be known as a Bikers Cafe / Bar with small population base down your way.

Just my 2 chips worth.....

James Deuce
30th May 2007, 10:20
That's "You're" as in "You Are".

canarlee
30th May 2007, 10:22
That's "You're" as in "You Are".

oi if i wont spellink lesons i wil lok in te dickshunary!

Hitcher
30th May 2007, 10:22
1. Must have great coffee (none of that Illy crap) and people who know how to make it (Us bikers are nothing if not fussy when it comes to caffienated beverages).

2. Should have plenty of variety in the menu: standard brunch fare, with a twist, and generous portions at a fair price (Us bikers get a bit peckish after a long ride).

3. Should have sunny outdoor seating (Us bikers like the sun's rays on our backs as we dine).

4. Good bike parking right out the front (Us bikers prefer our parking to be flat, sealed, and free of cage clutter).

5. Should have friendly, helpful staff, clothing optional (Us bikers really like optional clothing).

6. Should have punctual service (Us bikers don't like sitting around waiting for shit to happen. We'd rather be out riding).

surfer
30th May 2007, 10:26
Big mugs of pipping hot tea and full cooked breakfast with hash browns, beans, eggs, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and sausages...mmmmm...mmmmmm...when do you open????

All served with a welcoming smile and a great attitude...'Hello mr biker man, welcome, thanks for coming here, why don't you sit here in this seat so you watch your bike and the world go by'.:yes:

...not the grumpy piss poor attitude of, 'What do you want dirty looking hombre in black leather don't make a mess on the seats or run away without paying you filthy scum. And you're lucky I'm talking to you 'cause I'm having a smoko which started an hour ago. Park your bike round the back so the respectable folk round here can't see it.' :nono:

Good luck with the venture.

surfer
30th May 2007, 10:28
Corn fritters...

I think I see a pattern emerging

Dooly
30th May 2007, 10:29
Canarlee, did you get that place we were talking about last Saturday at Bayview?

MSTRS
30th May 2007, 10:30
Shhh, Dooly. You'll jinx it.

canarlee
30th May 2007, 10:31
dooley, no im still waiting for the letting agent to get back to me, why you askin bro?

oh and ive been "infractured" for this thread!!! bleedin moderators dont they know how to relax?

yungatart
30th May 2007, 10:50
oh and ive been "infractured" for this thread!!! bleedin moderators dont they know how to relax?

It's just their way of saying 'Break a leg' - showbiz for good luck.....

canarlee
30th May 2007, 10:52
It's just their way of saying 'Break a leg' - showbiz for good luck.....

shouldnt you be working?

hXc
30th May 2007, 11:21
1. Must have great coffee (none of that Illy crap) and people who know how to make it (Us bikers are nothing if not fussy when it comes to caffienated beverages).
Don't worry Hitch, I'll hook him up with only the best; Bay Espresso.

Dooly
30th May 2007, 11:57
dooley, no im still waiting for the letting agent to get back to me, why you askin bro?

Just an inkling/rumour about an already existing cafe/bar out my way that is already a drop in for bikers.........

canarlee
30th May 2007, 12:00
Just an inkling/rumour about an already existing cafe/bar out my way that is already a drop in for bikers.........

dooley, pm me the details will ya mate, if you can that is, ta

Wasp27
30th May 2007, 12:48
What hours are you planning on being open Lee ? How many days of the week? any parking for bikes.....cheers W

Storm
30th May 2007, 13:03
Just normal basic stuff like found in most bar/grills etc.

None of this fancy faggy shit where you have a huge plate with a tiny bit of something in the middle of it with a tree stalk poking out.

Obviously lots of chips too!

What he said. The day you do that is the day business goes downhill and KB is full of people going" oh , its a bit pricy", "not enough food" etc.

Man food- big is good should be your motto

Eg it might only be an average size bowl of chips, but if the bowl is damn near overflowing, thats good.

PS might need the odd bit of rabbitfood for new age hippy bikers (and blokes who are finding the pie diet is stretching the leathers a bit much :D:D )

cowboyz
30th May 2007, 13:15
When I stop for lunch I am looking for hot food I dont have to wait for, Nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows and cake. Dont forget the cake.

It helps ALOT if I can eat in view of my bike.

Think chips,wedges,fish,meat patties. But not dripping with fat. Dont want greasy hands and when you are trying to convince yourself the food you are eating is not that bad for you it helps not to have fat dripping onto the plate.

Hitcher
30th May 2007, 13:39

You were infracted for duplicating this thread in another forum. I hope the learning experience wasn't too painful.

yungatart
30th May 2007, 16:11
shouldnt you be working?

I was working! Mssstrssss!!!

I like a salad, or a toasted sandwich...I don't want a man sized plateful of food thanks, nor do I want everythiing fried!
Excellent coffee is a must, and a bit of cake or a muffin wouldn't go amiss!

Maha
30th May 2007, 16:21
Rum/Bourbon......yea thats about i really....RTD''s of cause!
Ok, better eat some food also...can ya make a Pav???....:yes:

canarlee
30th May 2007, 16:24
What hours are you planning on being open Lee ? How many days of the week? any parking for bikes.....cheers W

i was looking at maybe 11 am till 23 pm but im not sure bout that at the moment, i will wait and see what license i can get

i was planning on opening 5/6 days a week(close monday or tuesday or maybe both)

lots of parking out front for the bikes!!! thats one of the 1st things i have been looking for!

Wasp27
30th May 2007, 16:28
I like a salad, ...I don't want a man.....

Excellent coffee is a must, and a bit of cake or a muffin wouldn't go amiss!

Muffins......did someone mention Muffins.........:love:

James Deuce
30th May 2007, 16:33
Muffins......did someone mention Muffins.........:love:

Stop it! I'm having visions and I've gone all light headed!

canarlee
30th May 2007, 16:51
can ya make a Pav???....:yes:

pav? whats one of them?

i can do a paella for ya all one day tho!!!

Maha
30th May 2007, 17:08
pav? whats one of them?

Its a big fluffy white thing....crunchie on the outside and gooey on the inside with fruit on top....bit like Grahameeboy really....:dodge:

chanceyy
30th May 2007, 17:38
easy quick food .. good selection sammies, cakes, hot food, ploughmans, then something for those wanting a bit more of a substantial meal ..

good service is a must .... & take a note of the other thread making sure toilet facilities are available to those in need not in how much money your spending

naughty
30th May 2007, 18:03
and you are going to be stopping somewhere for lunch or dinner, what type of food do you want whether it be a meal or a snack?

i am asking for when my new bar/cafe opens here in napier

ta muchly

Lots of sushi yum! Hot chocolate and jim beam not together but depending on what kinda ride it is. Reasonable prices so you stay longer, eat and drink more.:drinkup:

skelstar
30th May 2007, 18:10
Alot of people would consider 11am a late opening time on a Sat/Sun morning.

Albino
30th May 2007, 18:32
Hot bacon and egg pie. Quiche for the girls.

Storm
30th May 2007, 18:39
Oooh yes, let us not forget the mince pies. I know every buggers gone all fancy with them nowadays, but let not the simple mince pie disappear. If I wanted cheese in my food, would I be eating pies? No, I would not.

yod
30th May 2007, 19:23
bacon and egg pie

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

robertydog
30th May 2007, 19:39
For me. Bacon, eggs, hash brown, tomatoe, mushrooms and a sausage. With toast and and endless cup of coffee.
For my bike. A couple of pit girls to set the scene out on the grid.

Gixxer 4 ever
30th May 2007, 21:07
pav? whats one of them?

Ummm Mary Moo makes them as good as she makes Muffins.........by the way. So why don't we have a ride and end up here for Pav one day soon?

Muffins.did some one say Muffins :shutup:

Gixxer 4 ever
30th May 2007, 21:16
Some of this is cut from above. Good ideas here.

Big mugs of pipping hot tea and full cooked breakfast with hash browns, beans, eggs, toast, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, and sausages...mmmmm...mmmmmm...

Nachos, wedges, toasted sandwiches

None of this fancy faggy shit ( with Dooly on this one )

Should have sunny outdoor seating

It helps ALOT if I can eat in view of my bike. ( a hell of a lot )

The one thing that pisses me off is a small feed. If it costs you $15 to give me an all day breaky charge $15. Nothin worse than ording a feed and getting half measure. If you want to see what we want lets target some rides and see. The only problem with the venue you are looking at is........it is so close to home.........we will have to stop on the way home.

Gixxer 4 ever
30th May 2007, 21:17
For me. Bacon, eggs, hash brown, tomatoe, mushrooms and a sausage. With toast and and endless cup of coffee.
For my bike. A couple of pit girls to set the scene out on the grid.

Totaly what this man said.......^^^^^^^^^^.........

Shadows
30th May 2007, 22:43
Proper fucking coffee mugs... you know, none of that coffee served in teacups bullshit... and refills if you want them.

James Deuce
30th May 2007, 23:31
Tomato juice that isn't sweet, coffee that isn't bitter and salty and a big breakfast that doesn't cost the same for less food because you don't like eating fungus. Just give me another hash brown for goodness sake. Free water that doesn't taste like chlorine and fluoride.

Shadows
31st May 2007, 00:15
Tomato juice that isn't sweet, coffee that isn't bitter and salty and a big breakfast that doesn't cost the same for less food because you don't like eating fungus. Just give me another hash brown for goodness sake.

No no... I'll swap my hash brown for your mushrooms :yes:

Wasp27
31st May 2007, 04:46
"Oh, is that you Lee?" I'll have my usual buddy.....Mushroom & Bacon on toast...with a small bucket of black coffee....see you in 10 mins.....cheers

kevfromcoro
31st May 2007, 05:29
think the outside seating is a must...i never eat inside..want somewhere to put my gear and spread out.there is a neat cafe just out of katikati..good parking and sit outside..on a bbq table.....do a $6 bacon and eggs with toast.of course i end up spending a bit more than that...coffee..cakes.etc.just keep it basic...toast maramalade..tomatoes..eggs....also friendly staff.is important..no body likes getting served.by an old poker face bitch.who has a bad attatude..

James Deuce
31st May 2007, 06:03
No no... I'll swap my hash brown for your mushrooms :yes:

That never works because the hash brown WILL have shroom juice on it.

canarlee
31st May 2007, 09:22
the place that i have seen has lots and lots of good parking right out the front of the building!!! well put it this way, if you walk out of the bar(or sit in the bar) and you cannot see your bikes you really shouldnt be on the road!!! (am waiting for damn real estate agent to get back to me GRRRRRRR)

mmmmmmfoooood: so a quick menu idea for ya........(all home made including the chips-proper chips not them frozen shit sticks) lasagna, beef burgers, all day brekkie, fillet o fish, wedgies(yes yes with sour cream ect) pies (different fillings daily) salads(for those strange vegetarians/vegans:p) varied sammies, chili con carne(with rice) and daily specials. all served with chips and garnished, 'cept the brekkie obviously.

ok ok i will see what i can do about the muffins ect nearer the time!

any other SENSIBLE suggestions?

as for the booze, well it will be a normal stocked bar (licence depending)

canarlee
31st May 2007, 09:30
...also friendly staff.is important..no body likes getting served.by an old poker face bitch.who has a bad attatude..

you must be kidding!!! yer a bunch of big hairy arsed bikers wot ya need good service for? sheesh you dont stop do ya, allways whingeing.........:chase: :p

skelstar
31st May 2007, 10:01
'Wedges' not 'wedgies'.

Wedgies might entice the wrong kind of clientelle.

MSTRS
31st May 2007, 10:29
'Wedges' not 'wedgies'.

Wedgies might entice the wrong kind of clientelle.

What? Like big hairy-arsed bikers. (your)God forbid....

Shadows
31st May 2007, 15:01
That never works because the hash brown WILL have shroom juice on it.

You and my missus would get along well I think.
I have to sneak all mushies into the house under the cover of darkness when everybody is asleep so that I can avoid confiscation and punishment.
I bet you pick the gherkins out of Uncle Ron's burgers too!

James Deuce
31st May 2007, 15:03
Love gherkins! Mmmm pickles!

Wasp27
31st May 2007, 16:49
ok ok i will see what i can do about the muffins ect nearer the time!

Thats a good Lad......her names Mary by the way.....:innocent:

Gixxer 4 ever
31st May 2007, 17:13
Thats a good Lad......her names Mary by the way.....:innocent:

:laugh: Ummm if she started that I wouldn't get any. :o Muffins that is.

BigG
31st May 2007, 19:52
Good on ya Carnalee, doesnt matter what you do or what you serve ya please everybody, good food with a full serving and at a reasnable price you cant ask for anything else. I'll support you what ever you come up with cos you got the right idea.
Ya have to be a bit versatile these days, we had a steak bar in Dannevirke 30 odd years ago and we use to give a heap of food for cheap man and you get the place packed and make plenty.:rockon:

Highlander
2nd June 2007, 10:59
Make sure the Chilli is. I get slacked off when I order a chilli that is not the least bit spicy.

Otherwise Menu looks good enough for me to sneak over for lunch.

When you opening?

Them Brekky Paninis they do on the Bluebridge ferry are pretty good - complete with HP sauce!!

Could go with a Bikes theme and have the staff dressed as brolly dollies.....

kinger
2nd June 2007, 11:28
I may be in a minority here, but pasta is always good. Gives you energy without getting sleepy while digesting.
And you'll keep the costs in the toilets down if you leave a visor wash bucket and sponge out.
Aside from that, all you need now is free onsite camping and live bands on a Saturday:rockon:

NZsarge
2nd June 2007, 11:42
Good on ya Carnalee, doesnt matter what you do or what you serve ya please everybody, good food with a full serving and at a reasnable price you cant ask for anything else. I'll support you what ever you come up with cos you got the right idea.
Ya have to be a bit versatile these days, we had a steak bar in Dannevirke 30 odd years ago and we use to give a heap of food for cheap man and you get the place packed and make plenty.:rockon:

Where was this steak bar and what was it called? I was 8 years old then so I might not remember it but my brothers and sister might.

BigG
2nd June 2007, 12:13
Where was this steak bar and what was it called? I was 8 years old then so I might not remember it but my brothers and sister might.Pically I think thats how they spell it, its now changed its name, it is the one by Theatre car Park. Even if you were 8 at the time it was prety natorious ( well known ) Lots of stories to tell about that place, and who owned it before, I might have known your parents, use to get into a bit of mischeif when down that way.:shutup: I will not say anymore.

DEATH_INC.
3rd June 2007, 07:11
PS might need the odd bit of rabbitfood for new age hippy bikers (and blokes who are finding the pie diet is stretching the leathers a bit much :D:D )
Or for those who CAN'T eat that deep fried shit (not me I eat far too much of it), a few nice fresh salad rolls etc don't go too far astray and you don't hafta wait for 'em to be cooked :D
and there's gotta be coffee, preferably free :dodge: and good :shutup: and lots of it :yes: