PDA

View Full Version : Some funny stunts

ZeroIndex
30th May 2007, 22:44
Well, the first one is just completely random, and the 2nd one is quite amazing in their choice of stunt-bike...

Amazing Harley Bike Jump in Myrtle Beach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-VMfo-khrY&mode=related&search=)

Buell Stuntbikes... surprisingly good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-AAxJOXEM&mode=related&search=)

ZeroIndex
31st May 2007, 08:25
Has anyone even read this?

Ralph
31st May 2007, 08:36
Well, the first one is just completely random, and the 2nd one is quite amazing in their choice of stunt-bike...

Amazing Harley Bike Jump in Myrtle Beach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-VMfo-khrY&mode=related&search=)

Buell Stuntbikes... surprisingly good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-AAxJOXEM&mode=related&search=)

The first one is a bit of a :laugh: :laugh:

But the second, much better with some choice stunts :niceone:

Toaster
31st May 2007, 08:45
Has anyone even read this?

Eventually yes. Always up for a good laugh :third:

Babelfish
31st May 2007, 08:46
no :mellow:

Drew
31st May 2007, 17:57
The stand up twelves are very cool on the sporty! But I bet, if Harley weren't supplying the bikes, they wouldn't be the first choice of the riders.

Toaster
31st May 2007, 18:32
Anything that's free I suppose!

Marmoot
31st May 2007, 20:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0I2HhBH3g&mode=related&search=

Mental Trousers
31st May 2007, 20:53
What is amazing about using a Buell for stunting?? They've got loads of torque, short wheel base and minimal bodywork.

ZeroIndex
31st May 2007, 21:12
What is amazing about using a Buell for stunting?? They've got loads of torque, short wheel base and minimal bodywork.

That's exactly it... I've been into bikes for over a year, and it's the first time I've seen a video with someone using a Buell for a stuntbike...

Drew
31st May 2007, 22:54
That's exactly it... I've been into bikes for over a year, and it's the first time I've seen a video with someone using a Buell for a stuntbike...

The Buell is still not ideal for this kind of carry on IMO, I wheelie quite a bit, and smooth power is the key, response, and predictability are essential, and the power curve on a Buell is not broad enough. Before someone jumps down my throat, yeah, they wheelie real well, real high and all that, but the time I spent doin them on an XB9R, was far less than smooth, compared to an inline.

ZeroIndex
31st May 2007, 23:55
The Buell is still not ideal for this kind of carry on IMO, I wheelie quite a bit, and smooth power is the key, response, and predictability are essential, and the power curve on a Buell is not broad enough. Before someone jumps down my throat, yeah, they wheelie real well, real high and all that, but the time I spent doin them on an XB9R, was far less than smooth, compared to an inline.

That is actually something I was considering while writing that post... I guess the fact that while IL4's have to get a real good clutching to put them up in the air at low speeds, and since Buells have that oomph right from the word go, I partially forgot about the whole running out of revs thing... :p

Big Dog
1st June 2007, 00:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0I2HhBH3g&mode=related&search=

Would not bet against there being some serious weight in those paniers and top box. Looks a little too effortless.

ZeroIndex
1st June 2007, 00:22
Would not bet against there being some serious weight in those paniers and top box. Looks a little too effortless.

That's what 60 odd bhp gets you out of a 1400cc engine... a lot of torque.

howdamnhard
1st June 2007, 00:43
The second one was awesome,wish I could ride like that,bit of a waste of rear tyres though.:gob:

Drew
1st June 2007, 11:28
Buells have that oomph right from the word go, I partially forgot about the whole running out of revs thing... :p

On the XB9. you have to clutch it to hoist it in second too actually, but if you hoist it off the pipe in first, ya HAVE to use the clutch to change into second, otherwise you get a mad flywheel effect, and it tries to tip over backwards. Having said that though, they are very easy to keep a constant speed on, really confidence inspiring to hold them at the balance point for some reason, even though it's damn near vertical.

Easiest bike I've ever stoppied, next to the V-twin aprilia motard thingy, jeebuz would that lift the rear!

Chrislost
3rd June 2007, 19:00
That is actually something I was considering while writing that post... I guess the fact that while IL4's have to get a real good clutching to put them up in the air at low speeds, and since Buells have that oomph right from the word go, I partially forgot about the whole running out of revs thing... :p

i can pull up a cbr250 piss easy without using a clutch!
clutching is just bad for ya clutch.
whatever floats your boat tho.
big lazy open throttle or hyperactive yehaw opening the throttle adn pulling up.

ZeroIndex
3rd June 2007, 19:46
big lazy open throttle or hyperactive yehaw opening the throttle adn pulling up.

at what revs, and what technique are you using?

Sanx
3rd June 2007, 22:28

I think I know the technique: 11,000 rpm, 1st gear, apply a shovelfull of bullshit ... and you have one stand-up 12 o'clock wheelie without using the clutch. Easy peasy.

ZeroIndex
3rd June 2007, 22:32
I think I know the technique: 11,000 rpm, 1st gear, apply a shovelfull of bullshit ... and you have one stand-up 12 o'clock wheelie without using the clutch. Easy peasy.

how exactly does that work? cbr250s don't just come off the ground by themselves...

Drew
4th June 2007, 17:38

Dont talk shit, if you had a fuckin clue, you'd know not to post shit you know nothing about.

Fuck off till you've learnt to do wheelies right!

Clutch up wheelies are more controled, slower (which equals less possable damage), and easier. They are not that hard on the clutch at all, because it is only slipping for such a minimal amount of time.

The clutch on my Gixxer is absolutely fuckin rooted, and I always clutch it up.

To sum up, eat shit and fuck off.

ZeroIndex
4th June 2007, 19:01
Dont talk shit, if you had a fuckin clue, you'd know not to post shit you know nothing about.

Fuck off till you've learnt to do wheelies right!

Clutch up wheelies are more controled, slower (which equals less possable damage), and easier. They are not that hard on the clutch at all, because it is only slipping for such a minimal amount of time.

The clutch on my Gixxer is absolutely fuckin rooted, and I always clutch it up.

To sum up, eat shit and fuck off.

I clutched up a 12 o'clock on Friday night, and the rest of my wheelies, which I think aren't too bad are all clutched up... can't get them into second, but a 90kph 1st gear is reasonable enough for me :)

Drew
4th June 2007, 21:07
I clutched up a 12 o'clock on Friday night, and the rest of my wheelies, which I think aren't too bad are all clutched up... can't get them into second, but a 90kph 1st gear is reasonable enough for me :)

That's cool, but the word I hear from the guys doin this shit proper, is that the key to good wheelies, is not running out of revs, and needing to change gear.

I fully subscribe to the idea of constant speed, it is a higher level of control, so if you achieve it, you're a better wheelie artist, than the likes of me. I can hoist my bike, and stay that way for as long as I want, but only because at around 170kph, the air pressure under the bike, holds it up, rather than my throttle control, and balance point.

When I've got the front up now, my goal is to hold it higher, and sit at about 60k's, it would be even better to go slower, but the gixxer is too tall geared for it.

ZeroIndex
4th June 2007, 21:19
That's cool, but the word I hear from the guys doin this shit proper, is that the key to good wheelies, is not running out of revs, and needing to change gear.

I fully subscribe to the idea of constant speed, it is a higher level of control, so if you achieve it, you're a better wheelie artist, than the likes of me. I can hoist my bike, and stay that way for as long as I want, but only because at around 170kph, the air pressure under the bike, holds it up, rather than my throttle control, and balance point.

When I've got the front up now, my goal is to hold it higher, and sit at about 60k's, it would be even better to go slower, but the gixxer is too tall geared for it.

Yeah, I would love to do the whole constant speed, only problem is, the FZR will only come up between 30 and 45kph (around 6000-8000rpm), and by the time you've got it balanced, you're almost out of revs, and need to keep the gas on because the momentum wants to bring it down :( I reckon if I was on a more grunty bike, I'd have better luck...